Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Sheng-Ji Yang
Mar 5, 2014

loquacius posted:

when that person was asked what they were talking about, they just said repeatedly that Sanders "centers WWC"

I did a search for WWC and it appears to refer to the Women's World Cup of cricket

Bernie Sanders: wrong on cricket, wrong for America

White Working Class ie the Enemy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer

consumed by normies posted:

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Oh, right, I forgot that term for some reason

the "poor people are actually bad" term

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat

im a confederate son from wisconsin who is concerned about hillary clinton bringing her carpetbagger way to the heart of dixie.

fits my needs
Jan 1, 2011

Grimey Drawer
https://mobile.twitter.com/USATODAY/status/882615122442760192

Was this posted already? lol

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
:vince:

https://twitter.com/BrandyLJensen/status/882613796279341056

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

what exactly is the reasoning behind the original take

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

Macron took a Dukakis tank helmet like photo and neoliberals are pretending he looked cool

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

ThndrShk2k posted:

It's almost like someone could campaign on User Experience and Documentation and win bigly.

[zuck chortles humanishly, practicing]

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

loquacius posted:

his official portrait has him wearing a sharp suit and smirking bondishly

thats p much it

WhiskeyJuvenile
Feb 15, 2002

by Nyc_Tattoo

Al! posted:

[zuck chortles humanishly, practicing]

pro: free healthcare

con: your health records are stored as part of your facebook profile

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bernie (((Sanders))) 2020

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

loquacius posted:

he did this

on the submarine he participated in a missile launch drill where he simulated ending the world. so cool!!!

ThndrShk2k
Nov 3, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Bread Liar

WhiskeyJuvenile posted:

pro: free healthcare

con: your health records are stored as part of your facebook profile
pro: you can set it private or friends only

con: it defaults public.

Raskolnikov38
Mar 3, 2007

We were somewhere around Manila when the drugs began to take hold

Joementum posted:

he did this

on the submarine he participated in a missile launch drill where he simulated ending the world. so cool!!!

a pity he didn't get zapped like in red october

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

I don't think Bond banged any grannies in the movie.

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

steinrokkan posted:

im a confederate son from wisconsin who is concerned about hillary clinton bringing her carpetbagger way to the heart of dixie.

The mistake was allowing there to be a dixie to carpetbag to

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Joementum posted:

he did this

I'd pay good money for him to sit in a tank with a helmet ala Dukakis

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

Has white in it, checks out

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

zegermans posted:

I'd pay good money for him to sit in a tank with a helmet ala Dukakis

I think the equivalent of this would be Dukakis doing the tank photo-op after winning the election and then someone writing an article about how hard it made their dick

Modus Pwnens
Dec 29, 2004

All you have to do is turn off ad block and fill out your monthly surveys.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Dukakis is a centrist wheeze, but he does collect turkey carcasses after thanksgiving to make soup, so there's that

(p.s. Jesse woulda won)

Zerg Mans
Oct 19, 2006

The greatest insult is that Dukakis' name isn't even in the Chrome spellcheck library

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

Jesse woulda won if he ran his 1988 campaign in 2016 but I dunno if the election immediately after the Reagan years was the time to run it

that said: I do not have a good understanding of the 1988 political landscape on account of I was literally one year old at the time

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Joementum posted:

(p.s. Jesse woulda won)

the question is moot

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
for you youngins who don't know that reference

http://www.metacafe.com/watch/5999188/the_question_is_moot/

Feldegast42
Oct 29, 2011

COMMENCE THE RITE OF SHITPOSTING

It sounds like we are at the stage where the establishment bad dems try to co-op the populist messaging for themselves (without actually following through on those promises)

Hey if one dumbass billionaire can do it on the other side, why not us?

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Feldegast42 posted:

It sounds like we are at the stage where the establishment bad dems try to co-op the populist messaging for themselves (without actually following through on those promises)

oh you mean 2008?

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

I instinctively read it as White Women of Color

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

lmao

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Joementum posted:

he did this

looks like every idiot touron on a head boat the coast guard hauls out after they got too daydrunk and took a header into the gulf stream

loquacius
Oct 21, 2008

I am sincerely and unironically impressed that this sketch manages to make fun of Jackson for being right without giving the impression that he's actually wrong

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

I assumed it was something like this too and had no idea why "centering" them was supposed to be bad, but I also don't know why "centering" poor people is supposed to be bad either so

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

lol buttigieg has been usurped by the Z

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Nonsense posted:

lol buttigieg has been usurped by the Z

he should never have gotten in that car with him

The Muppets On PCP
Nov 13, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

loquacius posted:

I am sincerely and unironically impressed that this sketch manages to make fun of Jackson for being right without giving the impression that he's actually wrong

it's a sign how far in the toilet that show's gotten that even during what's generally considered their absolute nadir something like that gets on air

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

it's the weirdest thing when hillary supporters accuse bernie of centering white working people in his presidential campaign when his opponent literally talked up her being backed by "hardworking americans, white americans" when she was running against obama

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
Jesse Jackson would have won.

Let's run on his 1988 platform:
  • creating a Works Progress Administration-style program to rebuild America's infrastructure and provide jobs to all Americans,
  • reprioritizing the War on Drugs to focus less on minimum sentences for drug users (which he views as racially biased) and more on harsher punishments for money-laundering bankers and others who are part of the "supply" end of "supply and demand"
  • reversing Reaganomics-inspired tax cuts for the richest ten percent of Americans and using the money to finance social welfare programs
  • cutting the budget of the Department of Defense by as much as fifteen percent over the course of his administration
  • declaring Apartheid-era South Africa* to be a rogue nation
  • instituting an immediate nuclear freeze and beginning disarmament negotiations with the Soviet Union
  • giving reparations to descendants of black slaves
  • supporting family farmers by reviving many of Roosevelt's New Deal–era farm programs
  • creating a single-payer system of universal health care
  • ratifying the Equal Rights Amendment
  • increasing federal funding for lower-level public education and providing free community college to all
  • applying stricter enforcement of the Voting Rights Act and
  • supporting the formation of a Palestinian state.
* Replace South Africa with Israel

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

hot take incoming: basically centrists saying "bernie is a racist" to justify their hating him is different in degree but not in kind from bill maher or other anti-muslim bigots saying the reason they hate muslims is because they think islam is misogynist

Frijolero
Jan 24, 2009

by Nyc_Tattoo
hot take: centrists don't actually understand racism/institutional racism and they think having token minorities in positions of power means the system is working

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Joementum posted:

he did this

lol

• Locked thread