Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Snowmankilla
Dec 6, 2000

True, true

Are those both xfl Drunk Nerds?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

you talkin' to me Sheriff?

oh... I thought you was talkin' to me.

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Oh my. My heart says yes, but my brain (what's left of it) keeps saying "I can't".

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Snowmankilla posted:

Are those both xfl Drunk Nerds?

One is for a league that is run by a madman that has increasingly bizarre rules changes and insane referee powers that seem to be the deciding factor in most playoff games.

The other is XFL.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Not gonna lie, I am tempted by the extreme degeneracy of an XFL league. But I REALLY need the offseason to chill and restore balance after thinking about fantasy nonstop like August - January

Goonspeed to you true maniacs

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
Look at these people not meticulously drafting out their keeper league projected keepers across all teams and who will be available to draft in excel before keepers need to be submitted, the draft, and any FA signings. So far I think I will be drafting Kelce or Chase in the first round, lets see if that changes by August.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Step 1: Start fight
Step 2: Attack straw man
Step 3: REPEAT

Do not engage with me

I've fully fallen on the side of "I'll keep drafting Kelce in the first until he burns me"

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Kelce is 1.01 for me, but I'm an auction guy so I don't think about ordering tiers much.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yeah looking at this past season's draft in my home league we let Kelce slip into the mid 2nd and I feel real dumb for not taking him. Goedert was a fine consolation prize but Kelce averaged like 6 points/week more in our scoring and didn't miss any games which is just insane. No coincidence this year's champ drafted him.

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari
Look at you fools taking kelce in the first when you can get Kyle pitts at the top of the third.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

The Big Jesus posted:

Look at you fools taking kelce in the first when you can get Kyle pitts at the top of the third.

Why not both?

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

It’s going to be such a loving crime if Pitts spends his entire rookie contract on a team that wants to run the ball 45 times a game

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Pain of Mind posted:

Look at these people not meticulously drafting out their keeper league projected keepers across all teams and who will be available to draft in excel before keepers need to be submitted, the draft, and any FA signings. So far I think I will be drafting Kelce or Chase in the first round, lets see if that changes by August.

this sounds like me

Kilometers Davis
Jul 9, 2007

They begin again

no way I would do something absolutely sick like XFL fantasy

anyway I might try fantasy baseball for the first time

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Kilometers Davis posted:

no way I would do something absolutely sick like XFL fantasy

anyway I might try fantasy baseball for the first time

I've actually heard nothing but bad things -- and this is from at least one person who is BOTH a big fantasy football fan AND a big real-life baseball fan.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

I used to enjoy fantasy baseball a lot when I was younger and way more into baseball (and had more free time). It’s a loving grind through, with games every day and pitching rotations to work around. You gotta be checking your lineup and waivers and injury news every drat day. If you really love the sport though and are following it closely anyway then by all means give it a shot.

Also having watched the XFL games today I cannot imagine playing XFL fantasy or DFS heh. It was fun to watch but the games were a total circus, nobody on offense is good. There must have been like 6 or 7 combined picks just in the Orlando/Houston game.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Docjowles posted:

I used to enjoy fantasy baseball a lot when I was younger and way more into baseball (and had more free time). It’s a loving grind through, with games every day and pitching rotations to work around. You gotta be checking your lineup and waivers and injury news every drat day. If you really love the sport though and are following it closely anyway then by all means give it a shot.

Also having watched the XFL games today I cannot imagine playing XFL fantasy or DFS heh. It was fun to watch but the games were a total circus, nobody on offense is good. There must have been like 6 or 7 combined picks just in the Orlando/Houston game.

Well there we go. Positive things. I've been waiting for them. The person who runs a league is always trying to get me to join.

I still.. .won't, but... y'know. At least it COULD be good.

XFL. Hurrah! Whoa: I'm recognizing names from these boxcores so far... Geronimo Allison, Rod Smith (RB), and Martavis Bryant. Paxton Lynch too.

EconDad fucked around with this message at 06:31 on Feb 19, 2023

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

Isn’t Josh Gordon in the XFL now

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Apparently Gordon is on Seattle, they haven’t had their first game yet

I also recognized Cody Latimer who I vaguely remember was a hot fantasy sleeper pick a while ago. He sucked and never did anything

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Docjowles posted:

Apparently Gordon is on Seattle, they haven’t had their first game yet

I also recognized Cody Latimer who I vaguely remember was a hot fantasy sleeper pick a while ago. He sucked and never did anything

Latimer the WR3 for the broncos for a bit. I remember that too.

Man I’m seeing others for these games: Jon Hilliman (one Thursday Giants game in… 2018?), my favorite Kalen Ballage, AJ McCarron (hyped as the biggest free agent QB pickup one year awhile back), Ryquell Armstead. The XFL is a nonstop superstar party.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

RCarr posted:

Isn’t Josh Gordon in the XFL now

GOSH?! Jordan? Yeah he’s there too. His one year of being the best receiver by a huge margin in the NFL has allowed him to remain relevant for a decade thereafter.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
**ALERT** Kalen Ballage has 24 rushes.

The Wild Man of YOLO
Apr 20, 2004

A little cross-country, gentlemen?

And yet you leave him to LANGUISH

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
Oh he will be mine again. Rest assured. His untold value this fantasy playoff run as a good luck charm can not be understated.

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

EconDad posted:

**ALERT** Kalen Ballage has 24 rushes.

I will never not think of him as the nickname he got in my goon dynasty league: Final Fantasy 7 Hands.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=

Quiet Feet posted:

I will never not think of him as the nickname he got in my goon dynasty league: Final Fantasy 7 Hands.

that was our nickname for Roy Williams (WR).

SouthShoreSamurai
Apr 28, 2009

It is a tale,
Told by an idiot, full of sound and fury,
Signifying nothing.

Fun Shoe

Docjowles posted:

This is actually the reason I generally prefer Fantasy Baseball. It's far less luck-oriented (at least in Roto... H2H can still be stupid.) Also there's a ton more positions, so again... less luck.

You're not wrong, though. If you don't have the time, it's tough.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Drunk Nerds posted:

One is for a league that is run by a madman that has increasingly bizarre rules changes and insane referee powers that seem to be the deciding factor in most playoff games.

The other is XFL.

did you ah... end up doing the XFL thing?

dxt
Mar 27, 2004
METAL DISCHARGE

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

This is actually the reason I generally prefer Fantasy Baseball. It's far less luck-oriented (at least in Roto... H2H can still be stupid.) Also there's a ton more positions, so again... less luck.

That's part of the fun of fantasy football, it's all just dumb luck.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

SouthShoreSamurai posted:

I always felt it was the opposite, where it was so injury dependent that it is more luck based than football, which is already 90% luck based. Oh, your pitcher is injured, now you just have one less pitcher than your opponents. Maybe a flaw for a NL only keeper league where each team has a roster of 25 or so.

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

Yeah I think you dug that hole for yourself in an NL only dynasty lol. Normally there will be usable guys on waivers. Also as far as luck, the sample sizes in baseball are so much bigger and more of an individual performance. As the “stats are pointless in football” crew is constantly reminding us. So you’re going to have less instances of “huh, I guess the skeleton key to this season was drafting Kelce in the first round and then taking all the dudes literally everybody had left for dead like Josh Jacobs and a bunch of Seahawks in the super late rounds :iiam:

There are still weird outlier seasons of course but it’s not like the defining trait of the game the way it is in fantasy football.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS

Docjowles posted:

Yeah I think you dug that hole for yourself in an NL only dynasty lol. Normally there will be usable guys on waivers. Also as far as luck, the sample sizes in baseball are so much bigger and more of an individual performance. As the “stats are pointless in football” crew is constantly reminding us. So you’re going to have less instances of “huh, I guess the skeleton key to this season was drafting Kelce in the first round and then taking all the dudes literally everybody had left for dead like Josh Jacobs and a bunch of Seahawks in the super late rounds :iiam:

There are still weird outlier seasons of course but it’s not like the defining trait of the game the way it is in fantasy football.

those Josh Jacobs sorts of things are the worst. I felt like I took a risk on David Montgomery in two leagues -- which could have been JUST the same as Jacobs... except it wasn't Jacobs. Only Jacobs was Jacobs. Fourth year. Same team. Montgomery was identical in "setup".

I had Jacobs last year too. God he was trash. FLEX at the very best.

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
I'm actually doing an XFL fantasy thing on that site you showed us, Drunk Nerds.

We just drafted. My team feels like it's "fire", based off of the stats from last week.

Four team league. We're ballin'.

Kalen Ballage with my first pick? You'd better believe it's true.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Every time I read Kalen Ballage's name I hear it in my head in noted dumbfuck Cian Fahey's accent telling me how great he's going to be

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Even though Cian is Irish I've forgotten how he sounds and his voice has been replaced by Paul Joseph Watson in my head, IMAGINE MY SHOCK

The Zack
Jan 1, 2005

Pillbug
https://twitter.com/1kalwaysopen_/status/1630058816518725632?t=cm0Wnm-AJ_ENgKAf92YR4w&s=19

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

https://twitter.com/CDCarter13/status/895632972715626497?s=20

Docjowles
Apr 9, 2009

*furiously adjusts ranks*

EconDad
Jul 20, 2013

THOSE DAMN ENCHILADAS
A.J Brown entered the bizarro zone recently, and it doesn’t seem like he’s ever coming back.

Sataere
Jul 20, 2005

Do not engage with me

EconDad posted:

A.J Brown entered the bizarro zone recently, and it doesn’t seem like he’s ever coming back.

I wanna say that he's just trolling, but isn't that how it starts?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ares
Feb 5, 2004
i'm here for the gangbang
Any other degens in some dynasties? I got an offer in a SF league for the 1.02 (receiving) for the 1.06 and Trey Lance (giving up). I have the 1.01 and will draft Bijan. My QBs are actually okay as I got the aforementioned Lance, TLaw, and Danny Dimes. I guess it’s more of a question is Stroud or Young a clear upgrade over Daniel Jones and/or worth the risk of holding Trey and JSN/Levis/Gibbs going to bad spots. Thanks you any insight as I know it’s tough navigating everything before the draft.