Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven
Behind the scenes footage of Ben Carson meeting Republican donors:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TYeVQzTVyLk

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phlegmish
Jul 2, 2011

As a Hispanican, this really resonates with me. I used to think Jeb Bush was a fat idiot baby, but now, that's changed.

hhhat
Apr 29, 2008

Phlegmish posted:

As a Hispanican, this really resonates with me. I used to think Jeb Bush was a fat idiot baby, but now, that's changed.

¡Ay Dios Mio!

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

Joementum posted:

Good time to buy on Jeb! Whether or not you think he's going to eventually win the nomination, he's likely to improve once we get closer to the caucuses and the ad time air bombs are deployed.

:lol:

This is great news, for bitcoin!

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

Joementum posted:

Good time to buy on Jeb! Whether or not you think he's going to eventually win the nomination, he's likely to improve once we get closer to the caucuses and the ad time air bombs are deployed.

This is poor advice if only because it's much better to buy No on all of his opponents than yes on a given candidate. The Yes shares are overweight across the board.

Stunning Honky
Sep 7, 2004

" . . . "

Vox Nihili posted:

Walker clowned himself out of the race unassisted.

scott_walker_licking_gums.gif

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
I'm buying Jeb shares because his value will certainly stabilize and return to high values once the election blows over. Investing in Jeb is like investing in gold.

tsa
Feb 3, 2014

Montasque posted:

Agreed. I think people are doing the Ewok dance of victory a little too early on Jeb!

And LOL that Breitbart headline.

Or maybe he peaked months ago and doesn't have a chance hell?

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Vox Nihili posted:

This is poor advice if only because it's much better to buy No on all of his opponents than yes on a given candidate. The Yes shares are overweight across the board.

Oh, I didn't know you could buy "No".

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

tsa posted:

:lol:

This is great news, for bitcoin!

Buy Trump now and HODL!

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

THE DARK SIDE OF SCIENCE BREEDS A WEAPON OF WAR

Buglord

AARP LARPer fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Jan 22, 2016

Super Space Jam 64
Jan 6, 2010

Yet another violation of regulation 1910 subpart D.
Hang in there i:jeb:!, at this point, like bitcoin your polls can only go up uP UP!

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

tsa posted:

Or maybe he peaked months ago and doesn't have a chance hell?

Jeb Bush will be in this thing until at least Super Tuesday. He has too much money behind him, and too many powerful people backing him up. Unless his dad and brother tell him to wrap it up on Sunday of course...

Pompous Rhombus
Mar 11, 2007

I can't not hear that in the voice of that Spanish-speaking bee costume dude from The Simpsons.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 204 days!
Jeb is going to catch fire any minute now. By which I mean I'm concerned that he may actually cover himself in gasoline and light a match in a misguided ploy for attention in the next debate.

Late to Batmanchat, but since Trump has admitted to being Batman, is Jeb secretly a Trump supporter? :laugh:

Intel&Sebastian
Oct 20, 2002

colonel...
i'm trying to sneak around
but i'm dummy thicc
and the clap of my ass cheeks
keeps alerting the guards!
Jeb is the scene from Dark Knight where Batman rolls up on the amateur batmans in his super expensive batmobile.

Only in this world the amateur with the shotgun blasted him in the back, stole the car and is taunting him with the "okay i was kidding, get in *drives off a bit* hahaha okay really this time" gag.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ
Anyone know of any precedent where a Republican with no charisma but tons of cash slumped early but bounced back once primary voting began?

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Solid Poopsnake
Mar 27, 2010

by Nyc_Tattoo
Nap Ghost

Joementum posted:

Anyone know of any precedent where a Republican with no charisma but tons of cash slumped early but bounced back once primary voting began?

This poo poo isn't funny, Joe. It's like Lord of the Flies in here since you left.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

It's his PAC that has the money. Jeb is burning through his cash on hand in order to keep his campaign infrastructure up and running. All the advertising in the world won't help you if you can't buy a plane ticket for you and your staffers to get to the next gig.

He's a Bush, I would never count that pit of vipers out.

EDIT2: his not he's...

To be clear, I think Jeb is running a terrible, horrible, awful campaign, and if I were to put money on someone it would be Rubio... But, we can't count Jeb out yet. His family is too powerful, his ties too strong to wealthy donors, he's not Scott Walker.

Montasque fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Oct 23, 2015

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Solid Poopsnake posted:

This poo poo isn't funny, Joe. It's like Lord of the Flies in here since you left.

Oh don't worry, I kept up a ten month fight over whether Obama would win by 3% or 10% in 2012.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

Joementum posted:

are you saying there is no precedent, or that this is the rule?

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Montasque posted:

He's family is too powerful, he's ties too strong to wealthy donors, he's not Scott Walker.

Another different is that Walker is still Governor of Wisconsin and can run for that again, if he wants. This is Jeb!'s last rodeo.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

Do Not Resuscitate posted:

Anyone know of any precedent where a Republican has been in the lead as long as Trump has but did not get the nomination?

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib

Joementum posted:

Walker is still Governor of Wisconsin and can run for that again, if he wants.

Billboards are sprouting up all around Wisconsin about how poorly Walker has been treating the state and him shirking his duties to go gallivant around pretending he had a shot at POTUS. I'd be surprised if he survived the next election, but he's already survived three so :geno:

pathetic little tramp
Dec 12, 2005

by Hillary Clinton's assassins
Fallen Rib
If HW Bush is on his deathbed, Jeb may use it as his opportunity to jump out of the race for good since he wasn't going to win anyway.

Joementum
May 23, 2004

jesus christ

pathetic little tramp posted:

If HW Bush is on his deathbed, Jeb may use it as his opportunity to jump out of the race for good since he wasn't going to win anyway.

Santorum spent the last month of his doomed 2012 campaign flying back-and-forth between primary states and the hospital where his daughter was near death. It's kind of hard to overstate how much more these people care about their personal ambition than everything else.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
I saw my first Jeb! bumper sticker today here in Florida.

It was an old one from his Gubernatorial race

AARP LARPer
Feb 19, 2005

Buglord

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Rubio is really happy about all this. Dude totally has it in the bag now...

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 204 days!

Joementum posted:

Santorum spent the last month of his doomed 2012 campaign flying back-and-forth between primary states and the hospital where his daughter was near death. It's kind of hard to overstate how much more these people care about their personal ambition than everything else.

Just when I thought I couldn't think less of the guy, Santorum comes through and delivers.

im a ski bum
Feb 17, 2011
Re: Jeb's! money problems, could Poppy Bush or W just loan him 10 or 20 million and then Jeb! could "self-finace" like Trump for awhile? Besides the terrible optics, would it be legal?

Nintendo Kid
Aug 4, 2011

by Smythe
In honor of Jeb Bush here's an old internet track involving some of his smarter brother's lines:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DsHo8BCYm2U

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Hodgepodge posted:

Just when I thought I couldn't think less of the guy, Santorum comes through and delivers.

Sounds pretty lovely of him.

You might call him Richard "lovely Dick" Santorum.

Mitt Romney
Nov 9, 2005
dumb and bad

Joementum posted:

Can't think of anyone. No one comes to mind...

Brannock
Feb 9, 2006

by exmarx
Fallen Rib
Did Romney suffer the sort of brutal jackhammering Jeb has gone through?

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Well seems FOX news is giving Jeb the kiss of death - All their coverage, all their talking heads, all of them, are saying Jeb! is done, or near death.

fade5
May 31, 2012

by exmarx

Brannock posted:

Did Romney suffer the sort of brutal jackhammering Jeb has gone through?
Not even close, the closest might have been the response to his 47% comment, or "Please proceed, Governor".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Pumroy
May 20, 2001

mitt didnt have 4chan calling him a cuckservative, this will be the key difference

• Locked thread