Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

bvj191jgl7bBsqF5m posted:

My landlord has decided that me parking my motorcycle in front of my car in my parking spot is not acceptable and has told me I have to stop since the lease says he only provides parking for 1 vehicle and he wants the motorycle gone. He also has refused to rent me another parking spot.

So I said "okay no problem", moved my car to street parking, and reported him to the city for operating a multi-family housing complex without a business license. :dings:
we don’t use our parking spot so we stored a friends car and motorcycle for a few months as a favour and some dickhead complained to our landlord about it as it’s technically against the rules even though there’s like 3 other people storing their bikes in the same way. but they were owner occupants so I guess he didn’t feel as bold to pick on them

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011
why can't we have this

https://x.com/BenjaminNorton/status/1791463398070538386

I know why, but still

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

China ftw

mila kunis
Jun 10, 2011

pokeyman posted:

"gain Canadian experience"?

canada is a unique country so any useful skills or work you did anywhere else (esp in bad nonwhite countries) dont count here, because our standards are so very high no one else could possibly reach them. this is why foreign doctors have to do deliveries for a living here. there was a discussion about in d&d

mila kunis posted:

Sounds like a horsehit excuse to me to be honest.

I witnessed garbage like this first hand in my industry at my first job where we rejected candidates for not having "Canadian experience". Then I worked abroad for a bit and found Canadian standards were so far behind the global cutting edge that i had to work extra hard just to get on par with some of my fellow coworkers and feel a basic sense of job security

The superiority complex in this frozen shithole run by smalltime morons is completely unearned

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Badass D&D page. Bunch of racist poo poo about Indian doctors, that one hasbara guy. Nice stuff

pokeyman
Nov 26, 2006

That elephant ate my entire platoon.

mila kunis posted:

canada is a unique country so any useful skills or work you did anywhere else (esp in bad nonwhite countries) dont count here, because our standards are so very high no one else could possibly reach them. this is why foreign doctors have to do deliveries for a living here. there was a discussion about in d&d

yeah I remembered it was a thing for doctors, didn't realize it was a thing for shoppers cashiers. points for consistency I guess

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

Not being an academic, I'm not familiar with that canadian university. Where is it?

CN CREW-VESSEL
Feb 1, 2024

敌人磨刀我们也磨刀

flakeloaf posted:

Not being an academic, I'm not familiar with that canadian university. Where is it?

Turn left at Perished Brothers Cemetery. If you hit Bandera avenue, you've gone too far.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

is it because we didn't build a bunch of cheaply made buildings, never intending for them to be occupied, to prop up construction companies with busywork?

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
inflating the bubble is the entire point of our economy

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

War gives the right to the conquerors to impose any condition they please upon the vanquished.

flakeloaf posted:

is it because we didn't build a bunch of cheaply made buildings, never intending for them to be occupied, to prop up construction companies with busywork?

it is because we did build a bunch of cheaply made buildings, never intending for them to be occupied, to prop up real estate investors.

ZShakespeare has issued a correction as of 22:16 on May 17, 2024

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

flakeloaf posted:

Oh?

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

flakeloaf posted:

They should have built luxury condos never intended to be occupied by the owner and instead rented to the hoi polloi for way more than they could possibly be worth.

Instead of cheaply made, they should have gone for "spend max money. Have them built by whatever trades people you could get in the cities"

If only the Chinese could meet the building quality you get when you pay bottom dollar and, for example, hire from the people who didn't move out west and couldn't get into the Irving Shipyard

Isentropy has issued a correction as of 22:14 on May 17, 2024

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.
the best of what's left

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
*slaps luxury condo* this baby can hold so much air

Isentropy
Dec 12, 2010

Karach posted:

17% of buildings come with an unlimited amount of air

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/condo-workmanship-problems-1.3302025

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war
lol why the heck is that a secret government document

quote:

Hunt says that's when he learned about a peculiar aspect of condo construction in Nova Scotia.

"The task of inspections are turned over to the developer, so he inspects his own work," he says.  

We've achieved a perfectly spherical economy

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Lol I wouldn't trust people like Clayton Developments or Dexter Construction to build a bird house. At least we had our supply of leaky condos ready when all the wfh yuppies started migrating east

Dreylad
Jun 19, 2001

Karach posted:

tired of these slurs itt

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

Dreylad posted:

tired of these slurs itt

CN CREW-VESSEL
Feb 1, 2024

敌人磨刀我们也磨刀

Karach posted:

lol why the heck is that a secret government document

We've achieved a perfectly spherical economy

I remember a few weeks ago I discovered that weights and measures Canada has privatized all inspections, and the inspectors typically work for the oil and gas companies or grain companies whose scales and pumps are the ones being inspected. There's one guy in Toronto who is supposed to measure the gas pumps and grocery store scales in Kingston to make sure the measures are accurate. I have total confidence that it's actually being done.

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Privatisation ftw

DaysBefore
Jan 24, 2019

Maybe... if we vote...

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
Rime (rip) used to post constantly about shittily built condo towers that he would clean the windows of

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

journey into Kirk's unknown

https://www.ledevoir.com/politique/canada/813180/monnaie-royale-canadienne-paie-publicites-facebook-image-charles-iii

lol

sleep with the vicious
Apr 2, 2010

CPKC
Telus Health
Lululemon
Pointclickcare
One of the lovely fake quebec AI companies
That private equity for veterinarians company
Porter airlines

digitalist
Nov 17, 2000

journey into Kirk's unknown

hello friends, welcome to the dumbest thing i've done all week. The following is nsfw, :wotwot:

My only defense, it made me laugh.

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
Mindgeek

RBC
Nov 23, 2007

IM STILL SPENDING MONEY FROM 1888
Proud boys

ZShakespeare
Jul 20, 2003

War gives the right to the conquerors to impose any condition they please upon the vanquished.

RealityWarCriminal posted:

Rime (rip) used to post constantly about shittily built condo towers that he would clean the windows of

I remember that guy. what happened to him?

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.

Not a problem, more housing supply will fix this.

Wait, no! Not like this! You're not allowed to build housing supply like this!

CN CREW-VESSEL
Feb 1, 2024

敌人磨刀我们也磨刀
No, see by doing this, the PRC is forcing Chinese businessmen to sneak their money out of the country by buying up Canadian real estate, so it's still both China and immigrants' fault.

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Great now do solar panels

CN CREW-VESSEL
Feb 1, 2024

敌人磨刀我们也磨刀
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoasV4_uCgc

This is also China's fault, somehow.

Hubbert
Mar 25, 2007

At a time of universal deceit, telling the truth is a revolutionary act.
It is inherently anti-Canadian to treat housing as a public monopoly.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

sleep with the vicious posted:

CPKC
Telus Health
Lululemon
Pointclickcare
One of the lovely fake quebec AI companies
That private equity for veterinarians company
Porter airlines

that fake vaccine company from covid times

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

quote:

The report says there is no accountability process to force builders to fix defects and goes as far as describing some developers as "unscrupulous."

drat, they went that far? Inconceivable.

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
nft company Celsius and its 400 million dollar investment from the QPP

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karach
May 23, 2003

no war but class war

vyelkin posted:

that fake vaccine company from covid times

Providence?