Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
limp dick calvin
Sep 1, 2006

Strepitoso. Vedete? Una meraviglia.
Boy hear guys are extremely bad at running a government

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

paranoid randroid posted:

okay i take it back - there is one bit of romantic writing Bioware has done that i really liked and its how if you play a female warden in DA:O, if youre nice to Alistair he assumes youre interested in him, and when you rebuff him its pitch-perfect writing to convey what a hapless dorkmaster he is

femshep can do that as well with the human dudes in me1 and me2

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

pls make her a low-functioning autist she's op af

change my name
Aug 27, 2007

Legends die but anime is forever.

RIP The Lost Otakus.

UrbicaMortis posted:

At the risk of having more posts itt about Bioware games than politics, I will sorta defend DA2. It needed a lot of extra dev time and the script was very first-drafty in places but I really liked that it was Bioware's only attempt to have a plot that was smaller scale and not just 'big bag about to destroy the world'. I mean, the plot ends up being split into very ungainly thirds but there's some good ideas there.

I just want an RPG set in a city where the plot is some assholes doing hosed up political poo poo, is that so much to ask?

They did this with ME2 too sort of and it kind of didn't work, but was at least balanced by better gameplay than the first game (the collector poo poo had no real significance and I don't think there was any buildup to the human reaper popping up if I recall).

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

horizon zero dawn is a great game and i'm glad it's got the alt-rights panties in a bunch

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

Citizen Tayne posted:

When did "open world" become a phrase people used, RPGs have always been pretty open world

it's a distinction between like elder scrolls open world which is just one huge area and final fantasy type open worlds which are detailed areas connected by an empty map

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

oh fahrenthold

https://twitter.com/Fahrenthold/status/840299186885185536

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Darkman Fanpage posted:

pls make her a low-functioning autist she's op af

just make ability cooldowns have a random durations and write in an obsession with playing shaman decks in hearthstone

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Serf posted:

it stars a lady who is capable in a matriarchal society who isn't interested in getting with any of the dudes she comes across

yeah, they fuckin hate it

rofl well i'm glad it is selling well

i'm still laughing all these years later at how much hatred gone home got from these chumps

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

wait what?

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

That DICK! posted:

tfw the girl u love is gay and also fictional

dude looks like Blade just busted into his nightclub and started throwing razor boomerangs around

Gringostar
Nov 12, 2016
Morbid Hound

he's probably going to donate it to the trump foundation :v:

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Schnorkles posted:

yeah this is perfectly normal, its actually surprising to me that he hasn't done this

sessions you mean??

i didnt know this was so standard, so welp

still thinkin hes a trash goblib gonlllm gobikd gobism honkn gonimh hobjhb gonlin glibbin goninh govkim honinu gopblimk goljny gonimu gonunu invisible befd!!! sleepin inmybd!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

Fullhouse posted:

it's a distinction between like elder scrolls open world which is just one huge area and final fantasy type open worlds which are detailed areas connected by an empty map

Was Daggerfall open world?

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

horizon zero dawn is a great game and i'm glad it's got the alt-rights panties in a bunch

I saw a huge post on tumblr about how it appropriates the gently caress outa native american culture but iv never played it nor do I know anything about it so :shrug:

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
i want to get mad about video games but i dont actually play videogames anymore

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

UrbicaMortis posted:

I just want an RPG set in a city where the plot is some assholes doing hosed up political poo poo, is that so much to ask?

ded redd
Aug 1, 2010

by Fluffdaddy

Squizzle posted:

still thinkin hes a trash goblib gonlllm gobikd gobism honkn gonimh hobjhb gonlin glibbin goninh govkim honinu gopblimk goljny gonimu gonunu invisible befd!!! sleepin inmybd!!!!!!!!!!!!

don't regress now squizzle you were doing so well

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

financially racist posted:

rofl well i'm glad it is selling well

i'm still laughing all these years later at how much hatred gone home got from these chumps

same but depression quest

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Louisgod posted:

please tell me who the worst person is:

-Bannon
-Sessions
-Trump

I'm leaning toward Bannon but god drat is Sessions a close tie for first.

Sessions is the worst because he's a creature of politics that knows drat well what he's doing and doesn't give a gently caress.

Trump and Bannon are just outsiders that want to blow poo poo up.

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
u should appropriate all the culture u want wtf are the natives gonna do about it

That DICK!
Sep 28, 2010

definitive video game list - 1. the witcher 3 2. mass effect 2 3. super mario 3 4. red dead redemption 5. super metroid 6. metal gear solid

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

i really like the characters in DA:O a whole bunch, but the combat is such a slog i always give up somewhere around getting to dwarftown

smh if u didnt start as a dwarftown noble rogue

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

dude looks like Blade just busted into his nightclub and started throwing razor boomerangs around

the face of an uphill ice skater

Duscat
Jan 4, 2009
Fun Shoe

Internet Webguy posted:

https://twitter.com/DanielleMuscato/status/840236592618975232

well this is loving infuriating

"if i can have a rich family, anyone can"

i did some ~independent research~ and unless there are multiple people with the same name in joliet, illinois, her mom's nonprofit is a little personal project that runs a couple of halfway houses for veterans.

in 2013, the last year i found records for, it had an income of $287,410, of which a cool $117,688 went to officers' compensation, and the only officer listed at the time was the mom. that was before the mom hired her daughter as an (additional?) operations manager

so in fact her student loans were ACTUALLY paid by people who were donating to homeless vets

not sure if posting the link would count as doxxing, since she's in the news now

Pittsburgh Fentanyl Cloud
Apr 7, 2003

That DICK! posted:

definitive video game list - 1. the witcher 3 2. mass effect 2 3. super mario 3 4. red dead redemption 5. super metroid 6. metal gear solid

you forgot to put "bad" in as the second word

deadgoon
Dec 4, 2014

by FactsAreUseless
im appropriate culture all the time for instance im reading about a fantasy city and yet? i've never lived in a real city with a functioning economy

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

regarding Tillerson's plan not to have a press pool on his Asia trip

https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/840299144279425024

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Bloodlines is very good. Plus, if you play a Toreador it's basically like getting to play a matrix game as well.

I'd happily take a Bloodlines 2, preferably made by Obsidian, but Paradox seem to have no interest in using the IP and have let their tabletop/larp arm go batshit.

Addamere
Jan 3, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene
tromp

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

gently caress these are the most amateur amateurs that ever amateured

Squizzle
Apr 24, 2008

Office Pig posted:

don't regress now squizzle you were doing so well

buttigieg protvft me!!!!! maaaatt laauueeeeeeeer no no nono no nmooooo!!!!

Agrajag
Jan 21, 2006

gat dang thats hot

Duscat posted:

i did some ~independent research~ and unless there are multiple people with the same name in joliet, illinois, her mom's nonprofit is a little personal project that runs a couple of halfway houses for veterans.

in 2013, the last year i found records for, it had an income of $287,410, of which a cool $117,688 went to officers' compensation, and the only officer listed at the time was the mom. that was before the mom hired her daughter as an (additional?) operations manager

so in fact her student loans were ACTUALLY paid by people who were donating to homeless vets

not sure if posting the link would count as doxxing, since she's in the news now

doubt its doxxing if all the info publicly available

Junkyard Poodle
May 6, 2011

Louisgod posted:

please tell me who the worst person is:

-Bannon
-Sessions
-Trump

I'm leaning toward Bannon but god drat is Sessions a close tie for first.

dog, why do we got to be splitting hairs?

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi posted:

wait the alt right is pissed about Horizon now?

the bitcoin of weed
Nov 1, 2014

i really like the characters in DA:O a whole bunch, but the combat is such a slog i always give up somewhere around getting to dwarftown

you need the mod that lets you always keep the dog in your party because he's not good enough to take up a character slot but also he's a fuckin dog and a good boy and he deserves the attention

and, you know, all the other mods that make the game much better

Gravy Jones
Sep 13, 2003

I am not on your side

financially racist posted:

does the gamergate crowd really hate horizon
Female protagonist, many NPCs of color, plot with an "agenda"... more than anything they hate that it's good though :argh:

mormonpartyboat
Jan 14, 2015

by Reene

Squizzle posted:

mooooo!!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trumps Baby Hands
Mar 27, 2016

Silent white light filled the world. And the righteous and unrighteous alike were consumed in that holy fire.
Instead of playing games you could read God Emporer of Dune. Has some dated moments w/r/t Leto's lesbian army but otherwise it holds up

• Locked thread