Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Im gonna play and enjoy Halo 6 and then probably forget about it whenever the hell Prodeus or some other Boomer Shooter emerges from the mire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Wait, there's people who actively look forward to halo games

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

wow let me contain my shock that JBJ doesn't like them

fridge corn
Apr 2, 2003

NO MERCY, ONLY PAIN :black101:
The only thing even remotely noteworthy about halo was that it was a good way to get your 4 player shootmans on at the time but much like goldeneye, its otherwise complete garbage

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Vic posted:

GTA trilogy remaster is coming out tomorrow and I'm thinking about paying money for it.

i thought about buying it then i saw the price is $80 and i thought "i bought GTA trilogy on the original Xbox for $20" and i decided against it

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!

hawowanlawow posted:

wow let me contain my shock that JBJ doesn't like them

I really like the Halo games i just find the idea of someone looking forward to them funny.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

check out some footage from the beta, it looks very good. a Halo game that is actually properly made for the PC

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Every single Halo game is exactly the same, not sure why people get excited about them either

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

well I just said why in the post you're responding to, so that should clear things up

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

Halo needed a sprint button and nothing else to have been the perfect shooter.

Ideally they’d have Crysis style super suit powers if they really wanted to get weird with it

Tetrabor
Oct 14, 2018

Eight points of contact at all times!
I watched some of the new Halo multiplayer gameplay and it looked boring as poo poo. I'd rate it as slightly more interesting than Battle Royale games.

Which is pretty bad considering BR games are 80% opening loot boxes, and 20% getting ambushed by 16yr-old twitch streamer xXxSephirothxXx.

I still can't wrap my head around the downgrade in gameplay between Titanfall 2 and Apex Legends.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
Lmao at the idea any 16 year old cares about sepiroth

Barudak
May 7, 2007

JollyBoyJohn posted:

Lmao at the idea any 16 year old cares about sepiroth

FFVRemake has created a new generation of fans, somehow

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

With the return of Sephiroth and the new Matrix movie I think the world is finally ready to embrace black leather trench coats again.

kntfkr
Feb 11, 2019

GOOSE FUCKER
Sephiroth IRA

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

In the original Japanese he's called Sephiross

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

kntfkr posted:

Sephiroth IRA

sHOPiroth IPA

Bruegels Fuckbooks
Sep 14, 2004

Now, listen - I know the two of you are very different from each other in a lot of ways, but you have to understand that as far as Grandpa's concerned, you're both pieces of shit! Yeah. I can prove it mathematically.

Martman posted:

Sefirosu

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

hawowanlawow posted:

well I just said why in the post you're responding to, so that should clear things up

But Halo CE has been around for a long time on pc and the beta you're talking about looks exactly like it

Elentor
Dec 14, 2004

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Sefirosu, much like in the game, seems unable to loving die in real life. The other day I found out about Fortnite + Naruto event and all I could think is how does Naruto still exist

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Manager Hoyden posted:

Every single Halo game is exactly the same, not sure why people get excited about them either

not true
the bad ones don't hav ethe ability to dual-wield needlers

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

jokes posted:

Halo needed a sprint button and nothing else to have been the perfect shooter.

Ideally they’d have Crysis style super suit powers if they really wanted to get weird with it

sprint button makes every shooter worse
let me move at sprint speed normally without having to put my gun away

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Doom 2 was the perfect shooter. they didnt need to make any more shooters after doom. there are enough doom 2 levels to play a new one every day for the rest of your life

jokes
Dec 20, 2012

Uh... Kupo?

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

It enhances the experience of a shooter, making it the exact opposite of adding sniper rifles to a shooter

Also here’s my apparently unpopular video game opinion: there should never be a sniper rifle in a shooter.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I heard they made sniper rifles bad in the new battlefield. If true, that owns

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
having just finished sniper elite 4 yesterday, there should be more sniper shooters

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

jokes posted:

It enhances the experience of a shooter, making it the exact opposite of adding sniper rifles to a shooter

Also here’s my apparently unpopular video game opinion: there should never be a sniper rifle in a shooter.

the best snipe rifle is unreal tournament where you can zoom in 1.1x to get the sweet cross hair then run around one-shooting people in the head from close range

WILDTURKEY101
Mar 7, 2005

Look to your left. Look to your right. Only one of you is going to pass this course.
Is that the one where you shoot hitler in the balls and you get xray vision of his balls exploding?

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
i thought hitler only had one ball......

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Rutibex posted:

i thought hitler only had one ball......

Hitler only has one ball in sniper elite

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

Is that the one where you shoot hitler in the balls and you get xray vision of his balls exploding?

you can shoot Hitler in the ball if you want yeah lol

Duck and Cover
Apr 6, 2007

Rutibex posted:

the best snipe rifle is unreal tournament where you can zoom in 1.1x to get the sweet cross hair then run around one-shooting people in the head from close range

It also didn't loving scream your location like the god drat lightning gun. gently caress YOU UT2001. Also they made the translocator worse.All you fuckers had to do was make UT prettier maybe add some weapons but nooooo you had the make the game worse.

FoolyCharged
Oct 11, 2012

Cheating at a raffle? I sentence you to 1 year in jail! No! Two years! Three! Four! Five years! Ah! Ah! Ah! Ah!
Somebody call for an ant?

Rutibex posted:

Doom 2 was the perfect shooter. they didnt need to make any more shooters after doom. there are enough doom 2 levels to play a new one every day for the rest of your life

But Doom 2 has a sprint button?

that let's you run even faster and leaves your gun up :getin:

Rutibex
Sep 9, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

FoolyCharged posted:

But Doom 2 has a sprint button?

that let's you run even faster and leaves your gun up :getin:
:colbert:

!Klams
Dec 25, 2005

Squid Squad

Martman posted:

I feel like there's some law that means you cant use his name as your AOL handle or FARK Forum account name, or Barrysworld login, etc unless you spell it wrong.

Septhropth, Sephiruth, Sefroth, Seferioth are all examples of acceptable versions.

BaldDwarfOnPCP
Jun 26, 2019

by Pragmatica

WILDTURKEY101 posted:

Sniper Elite 4 is set in Italy so I guess you can shoot Mussolini in the balls. :shrug:

I hear his are hung upside down.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
There's a dlc mission for 4 where you kill Hitler

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Elentor posted:

Sefirosu, much like in the game, seems unable to loving die in real life. The other day I found out about Fortnite + Naruto event and all I could think is how does Naruto still exist

Naruto is one of the biggest and most successful manga ever. Much like Dragonball, etc, it’s never going away ever.

limp_cheese
Sep 10, 2007

Nothing to see here. Move along.

Vandar posted:

Naruto is one of the biggest and most successful manga ever. Much like Dragonball, etc, it’s never going away ever.

This right here. A recurring joke in the Toonami thread is Naruto will be on the block long after all of us are dead. Even then it STILL wouldn't be done with all the episodes.

Naruto will be playing at the heat death of the universe and the new Big Bang will be accompied with a "BELIEVE IT!!!".

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

X JAKK
Sep 1, 2000

We eat the pig then together we BURN

site posted:

There's a dlc mission for 4 where you kill Hitler

How many more Wolfensteins until they let us fight disembodied Hitler-head robot