Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Deleter
May 22, 2010
The negative reviews are from people who are mad they can't take 4 Crusaders with Holy Lance and an inventory full of food and camp first room anymore. Oh no! Now they have to manage resources and pay attention to enemy stats! What a loving crime.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

I am a mouth, and I must scream

Leper is workable if you bring someone with a pull but then they're kind of locked into pulling for the leper most rounds because of corpses. And if he ends up in the back ranks because of an ambush or a push then he's total deadweight for 2 rounds. Crusader owns though.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

If you must blink, do it now.

nessin posted:

Many of those salty reviews have 50+ hours into the game. I saw one with 160ish. The game is so terrible it forces you to play for weeks before you can give it up.
To be "Fair," most of the negative reviews I've read coming from people with that many hours logged all dance to the tune of "I bought this game in early Early Access and it was great then but now it's terrible." When I first started playing it I got a little tired of making progress only to have a patch make my old saves unusable, so I shelved the game for a bit to await a more finalized build. Some of these complainers might've done likewise, or might've kept playing the game pleading in vain for the devs to fix their problems as it slowly got "Worse."

A lot of the complaining I've seen has been over nothing, but it's not necessarily like these dudes sunk a ton of time into a game they didn't like from the outset only to then declare it bad after passing the 50 hour mark. They think something valuable's been slowly taken away from them; but then they also usually think corpses were a bad addition so who cares what they think about anything.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

nessin posted:

Many of those salty reviews have 50+ hours into the game. I saw one with 160ish. The game is so terrible it forces you to play for weeks before you can give it up.

haha this actually owns

top negative reviews by hours spent:

75, 67, 22, 54, 130, 32, 39, 96, 51, 20, 160

"I hate this game so much :qq:" *spends four full-time work weeks playing it*

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Bad Seafood posted:

To be "Fair," most of the negative reviews I've read coming from people with that many hours logged all dance to the tune of "I bought this game in early Early Access and it was great then but now it's terrible." When I first started playing it I got a little tired of making progress only to have a patch make my old saves unusable, so I shelved the game for a bit to await a more finalized build. Some of these complainers might've done likewise, or might've kept playing the game pleading in vain for the devs to fix their problems as it slowly got "Worse."

A lot of the complaining I've seen has been over nothing, but it's not necessarily like these dudes sunk a ton of time into a game they didn't like from the outset only to then declare it bad after passing the 50 hour mark. They think something valuable's been slowly taken away from them; but then they also usually think corpses were a bad addition so who cares what they think about anything.

a lot of the problems and/or complaints have been more or less addressed now through the options the game gives you in terms of difficulty. and if the opposite applies then the New Game + hardcore mode will whet whatever appetite you have for balls to the wall difficulty. It's more accessible now than it was even months ago

Soothing Vapors posted:

haha this actually owns

top negative reviews by hours spent:

75, 67, 22, 54, 130, 32, 39, 96, 51, 20, 160

"I hate this game so much :qq:" *spends four full-time work weeks playing it*

I've only played 28 hours of it and I've had it since maybe the first month of early access. I can't imagine playing this for 90 hours and ONLY THEN realizing "i hate this" especially a game like this that is more or less a slow crawl with upgrades and improvements to your town. The funniest is still the negative review I saw of Marvel Heroes where it was like 200 hours and the guy wrote a loving essay about it, what a wiener.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Since when did patches break saves? I've been playing the same one for months.

Cape Cod Crab Chip
Feb 20, 2011

Now you don't have to suck meat from an exoskeleton!
I'm saving diving into Veteran and higher dungeons for the full release but seeing people down on Lepers is making me sad. I have one with Slayer of Mankind, Unholy and Eldritch, one of those pushing out Natural Swing (RIP) and boy I just love the guy. I'd really hate for him to fall off, though I have to admit the Lepers I used that didn't hit the quirk jackpot missed more than I cared for.

Afraid of Audio
Oct 12, 2012

by exmarx
the arbalist is my favorite followed by the houndmaster's dog

nessin
Feb 7, 2010

Bad Seafood posted:

There is no "fair" for those kinds of reviews. Even if there is a legitimate complaint about the game they've had an overall positive experience (or are just insane, which negates the review anyways) whether they feel it's gotten "worse" over time or not. Plus at the end of the day there are hard numbers to suggest the developers will address realistic complaints and balance problems in the game. If this was after release and someone had that many hours after a couple months and posting a negative review, there might be a very slim chance there is some legitimately to it if support just falls off a cliff when it comes out of early access, but we're not at that point yet. Within the context of this particular game (and just in general) there is no justification to take a negative review seriously from someone that's played at least 20-30 hours.

TheresNoThyme
Nov 23, 2012
To be fair I'm clocked in at 50 hours and only in the last 10 hours am I starting to feel comfortable seeing some of the game's endgame flaws, whereas before I was bringing up a full roster of dudes below-level-6 and was still encountering new stuff + trying out different party combinations to keep things fresh.

The roguelike comparisons I think do this game its greatest disservice. There just isn't nearly enough combat variety to make that comparison fair, and the only angle the game has to mix things up further are trinkets, which right now are pretty underwhelming. Just to give one example on the design side of things, the screens where you reassign trinkets to your party members are woefully undeveloped (why can I see highwayman-only trinkets when I'm equipping for a leper? why no sort options besides rarity?)

50 hours means I've certainly got my money's worth though. But I do feel a few things could give this game a TON of longevity.

TheresNoThyme fucked around with this message at 21:24 on Dec 27, 2015

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

MinibarMatchman posted:

a lot of the problems and/or complaints have been more or less addressed now through the options the game gives you in terms of difficulty. and if the opposite applies then the New Game + hardcore mode will whet whatever appetite you have for balls to the wall difficulty. It's more accessible now than it was even months ago
I agree, though a lot of the negative reviews predate those fixes. Personally I have no complaints with the game; everything that's bothered me even a little I've come around to in time, either understanding why it's an improvement or at the very least getting used to it. I'm just saying it's not like all the stuff these dudes are whining about was in the game when they first picked it up, so it's entirely possible the lion's share of their time was spent pre-complaints.

Wafflecopper posted:

Since when did patches break saves? I've been playing the same one for months.
Dunno if it's happened to anybody else, I've just loaded up the game post-patching before and had it crash/freeze on all my old saves consistently. I'd start a new file though and the issues would vanish.

EDIT:

nessin posted:

There is no "fair" for those kinds of reviews. Even if there is a legitimate complaint about the game they've had an overall positive experience (or are just insane, which negates the review anyways) whether they feel it's gotten "worse" over time or not. Plus at the end of the day there are hard numbers to suggest the developers will address realistic complaints and balance problems in the game. If this was after release and someone had that many hours after a couple months and posting a negative review, there might be a very slim chance there is some legitimately to it if support just falls off a cliff when it comes out of early access, but we're not at that point yet. Within the context of this particular game (and just in general) there is no justification to take a negative review seriously from someone that's played at least 20-30 hours.
I never said we had to take their complaints seriously. I certainly don't. I was only addressing the hours spent thing.

DOUBLE EDIT: vvv Also true.

Bad Seafood fucked around with this message at 21:33 on Dec 27, 2015

Hieronymous Alloy
Jan 30, 2009

Why! Why!! Why must you refuse to accept that Dr. Hieronymous Alloy's Genetically Enhanced Cream Corn Is Superior to the Leading Brand on the Market!?!

Morbid Hound
A lot of people confuse "I have played this until I am sick of it" with " this game has suddenly become bad."

Kly
Aug 8, 2003

paradoxGentleman posted:

I am garbage at understanding numbers in this game, and this made me worry:

See, I love the Leper, mostly from a flavor standpoint but also because I like slow characters that hit like trucks, which he sort of exemplifies in a turn-based game. If I play the game with an eye for tactics but don't bother too much with class "tiers" if such a term can be applied to the game, am I going to never make it? I haven't played in a while and this worries me.

i just love all of these classes so much you guys
not one of them is truly generic

i've done pretty much everything you can in game using all kinds of different party compositions and have never had a big problem. The most trouble I've had is trying to use anything other than Vestel or Occultist as a healer but I still managed. The only time you might need to worry about an "optimal" party is the Level 3 bosses.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

Cape Cod Crab Chip posted:

I'm saving diving into Veteran and higher dungeons for the full release but seeing people down on Lepers is making me sad. I have one with Slayer of Mankind, Unholy and Eldritch, one of those pushing out Natural Swing (RIP) and boy I just love the guy. I'd really hate for him to fall off, though I have to admit the Lepers I used that didn't hit the quirk jackpot missed more than I cared for.

Lepers are great when you have someone at camps with any kind of accuracy/dodge buff. Combine that with his Withstand, which ups the defense and even stress heals, and he can become the buffest motherfucker. Even combining that with Revenge can be great, too. In the new meta even Focus is great just to clear corpses, though right now I just roll with Withstand/Revenge/Intimidate. If you really want him to be tankier than Solemnity can probably replace one but I love just putting on Withstand when some poor monster Marks me. Take your shots, lol

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

The Deleter posted:

The negative reviews are from people who are mad they can't take 4 Crusaders with Holy Lance and an inventory full of food and camp first room anymore. Oh no! Now they have to manage resources and pay attention to enemy stats! What a loving crime.
The real kicker with this kind of thing is that the game is piss easy to mod. All the files that govern skills and experience and everything are right there in a format that you can open with notepad and tweak to your heart's desire. Want your level 6 guys to go into level 1 dungeons? Okay. Want bottomless inventory or stack sizes of 666? Knock yourself out, bro. Think Dismas should be named Cock and the other guy should be named Balls? Want them both to be Jesters? Want all their Jester skills to give 100 points of bleed? Sure, I guess...

The only things standing between anyone and their ideal difficulty is laziness, obstinacy, or some weird fixation on achievements.

Inexplicable Humblebrag
Sep 20, 2003

Doctor Schnabel posted:

Think Dismas should be named Cock and the other guy should be named Balls?

well I mean I do now

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

MinibarMatchman posted:

Lepers are great when you have someone at camps with any kind of accuracy/dodge buff. Combine that with his Withstand, which ups the defense and even stress heals, and he can become the buffest motherfucker. Even combining that with Revenge can be great, too. In the new meta even Focus is great just to clear corpses, though right now I just roll with Withstand/Revenge/Intimidate. If you really want him to be tankier than Solemnity can probably replace one but I love just putting on Withstand when some poor monster Marks me. Take your shots, lol

Yeah leper can really dish it out with proper preparation. He's hard to run early on when his weapon sucks and you might not have invested the money to have the good camping buffs, but once you hit the midgame the damage starts rolling. He's lovely against certain bosses like the swine king, but Crusader definitely beats him out in raw flexibility. Crusader can pump the torch, heal, stress heal, shuffle dance, stun, and still crush fools with an extremely respectable melee attack. Bring a Crusader to visit the drowned crew and laugh and laugh.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

paradoxGentleman posted:

See, I love the Leper, mostly from a flavor standpoint but also because I like slow characters that hit like trucks, which he sort of exemplifies in a turn-based game. If I play the game with an eye for tactics but don't bother too much with class "tiers" if such a term can be applied to the game, am I going to never make it? I haven't played in a while and this worries me.

i just love all of these classes so much you guys
not one of them is truly generic

A week ago you would have had some trouble making Lepers work at the highest level, but the latest hotfix gave him a massive accuracy buff, so now he's merely bad instead of unusable.

He hits hard, but not that much harder than the Crusader (and arguably not as hard as the Hellion, except against bleedproof enemies) and he pays for it with lower accuracy. His accuracy problems aren't as crippling anymore, so he's at least a functional beatstick, but he lacks the utility and flexibility that every other class gets on top of whatever offensive contributions they can make.

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Gabriel Pope posted:

Also they have solid heals and the most functional stress heal in the game OH WAIT NO that's the Crusader again.

Crusader is very easily in the top 5 classes and arguably in the top 3. He has shortcomings but makes up for them with sheer power and utility. "Works on stuff that isn't unholy"? He's the 4th highest damage class in the game (3rd if you're not counting the Leper, which in practical terms you shouldn't.)

Crusader has good base damage, and no buffs to help him out past that. Every other big damage dealer has a really nice self camp buff for damage. All your other people are going to put on +20% dmg or +10% crit or even an acc/dmg/crit buff, which more than makes up for the +2 base damage.

His utility poo poo is covered by other people just as well or better than he does. Stuns? Man-at-arms has a straight up better version (1-3 ranks, with a push and +forward that the maa can use from ranks 1-3). Self mark with +prot buff? Why not hound or man-at-arms to actually defend someone and get the buff?

The only thing I can see him doing that no one else does is basically like bringing a jester, just in the front and with better things to do when not handling stress. So I guess you could kit him holy lance+stress heal+heal+stun, start in rank 2 or 3, push himself up and spend the rest doing maintenance.

He is in a better spot than several of the classes for sure, but when I look at the hero list and slots 1-2 I'd take a MAA, Hellion, Abomination over him in general, and if I'm doing a marking party a bounty hunter or hound master before him as well. That is almost every class that wants to be up front outside of gimmick parties. Part of it is the backline damage options just aren't as strong, so if you're going to pick a slot to sacrifice damage for utility then picking 1 or 2 seems poor.

I've got an idea for a jester-occ-abom-hell team where the abom is hulking out every fight while the jester just sings his heart out. One day I'll get the proper guys leveled and trinketed to mess with it.

The issue with Leper is that the strategy of "apply damage to rank 1 or 2" doesn't work out most places. You in general want to spend the first couple rounds killing or disabling enemies that tend to spawn in ranks 3 or 4, then clean up the guys in front that tend to have much higher HP and prot%. They also tend to have higher move resist, so in general his knockback ability has at best a 50% success rate. If they gave that a bump (25%?), and maybe gave his normal attacks a -prot% debuff he'd be in a decent place. He hits hard and can basically take care of himself which is great, just he often isn't able to apply his damage where you really want it.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Gabriel Pope posted:

A week ago you would have had some trouble making Lepers work at the highest level, but the latest hotfix gave him a massive accuracy buff, so now he's merely bad instead of unusable.

He hits hard, but not that much harder than the Crusader (and arguably not as hard as the Hellion, except against bleedproof enemies) and he pays for it with lower accuracy. His accuracy problems aren't as crippling anymore, so he's at least a functional beatstick, but he lacks the utility and flexibility that every other class gets on top of whatever offensive contributions they can make.
I'm super duper tempted to stick protection debuffs on the Leper's attacks. He's all about brute-forcing stuff right in front of him, so why not make him the party's can opener, right?

ZypherIM posted:

The issue with Leper is that the strategy of "apply damage to rank 1 or 2" doesn't work out most places. You in general want to spend the first couple rounds killing or disabling enemies that tend to spawn in ranks 3 or 4, then clean up the guys in front that tend to have much higher HP and prot%. They also tend to have higher move resist, so in general his knockback ability has at best a 50% success rate. If they gave that a bump (25%?), and maybe gave his normal attacks a -prot% debuff he'd be in a decent place. He hits hard and can basically take care of himself which is great, just he often isn't able to apply his damage where you really want it.
:hfive:

Still not sure what I'd do with the crusader, though.

Soup du Journey fucked around with this message at 00:55 on Dec 28, 2015

Boing
Jul 12, 2005

trapped in custom title factory, send help
I just got my first Abomination and boy is this guy fun!

Waffle!
Aug 6, 2004

I Feel Pretty!

You guys weren't kidding about the bad reviews. I wrote a review saying :gitgud: and I'm watching all the salt pour out to downvote it.

kickascii
Mar 30, 2010
Is there a good resource anywhere that shows great party/ability setups for each dungeon? Like a discussion on what's the best way to tackle the weald, cove, ruins, etc? I'd like to try a run where I have a team for each area. Also, is there any good resource where people talk about the different viable ways to take down each boss?

ZypherIM
Nov 8, 2010

"I want to see what she's in love with."

Scnable: I'd consider stick a rider of some sort on his stun to start with. Maybe something like a -spd/-dmg. Then need to change at least 1 of his camp buffs to be some sort of damage buff, either personal or group. Currently all his class specific ones are stress heal, stress resist things. Or if you want to keep the flavor of stress resist lower the amount and give some sort of boost. To make him more about utility options could add a rider of some sort to his heal, and lower the +torch effects on his other skills and give them slight defensive riders as well. Perhaps resists.

Kickascii: I don't know of any off-hand, and since stuff still changes fairly significantly anything older is going to be out of date. In general each area has a something it is strong against, and what sort of enemies show up. After that is the formations that pop up, for example most of the enemies in the warrens don't give two fucks about what position they're in. If there is a specific area you'd like to know more about feel free to ask, I can go into more depth but I should probably toss 'em in spoiler tags.

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless

Wafflecopper posted:

Leper is workable if you bring someone with a pull but then they're kind of locked into pulling for the leper most rounds because of corpses. And if he ends up in the back ranks because of an ambush or a push then he's total deadweight for 2 rounds. Crusader owns though.

The game needs a petty nobleman class and one of his abilities is shoving a teammate in front of himself

kickascii
Mar 30, 2010
I played through the game right when the man-at-arms and arbalest were released. I had an a-team and a b-team (mark-based team and hellion/highwayman aoe team) and I felt like I just rampaged through the game. I've also played through where I double and triple up on characters that I like (every team has a vestal, sometimes I just bring 3 hellion/vestal team) and that run through was pretty boring.

something like https://www.reddit.com/r/darkestdungeon/comments/3q9ycg/beginner_guide_monster_murder_manual/ is quote a good post, this is probably as good as it's going to get. What I'm trying to do is have a draft where I make 4 teams, one for each zone.

RUINS:
CRUSADER, VESTAL, ?, ?
These seems like good calls as they do +unholy and have stuns. You would want to avoid bleeders here.

WEALD:
Blight is bad here, and bleed seems decent. Crones/fungal artillary needs to be killed first here. Is blight cure good here? Stuns also seem good. Is remove-mark good enough for the fungal guys?
HELLION, HIGHWAYMAN, ?, ? .
Or perhaps this is the zone you make your mark basked team for taking out back line fungal artillary, crones, pig drummers, etc? (Arbalest, Occultist, Bount Hunter, X)

WARRENS:
Swintaurs are nice to knockback, and drummers/wretchers are high priority targets, so maybe this is the zone for the mark team.
MAN AT ARMS, BOUNTY HUNTER, OCCULTIST, ARBALEST

COVE:
Bleed is useless here, and blight is good here, especially against the high prot targets. Perhaps some kind of cure/self heal is good here?
PLAGUE DOCTOR, GRAVEROBBER, ?, ?

Is there a particular area where shuffling your party happens more frequently than in other zone? I normally prioritize less likely to be surprised trinkets and camp buffs because that party shuffle that happens when surprised is one of the most dangerous things that can happen to most of my teams.

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Hieronymous Alloy posted:

A lot of people confuse "I have played this until I am sick of it" with " this game has suddenly become bad."

Yeah. The people who rave about a game when it first comes out, then eventually turn brutally upon it because it can't keep them happy forever.

There was a stint where I'd just play on the commute because my kid thought the 'spooky game' was cool looking. I'm glad that it was before things got harder and even more grim (corpses). I'm also glad I have the option to make things 'easier' and remove the gore piles if need be. Good lord that file has like 500K in gold.

Once it is out-out I'll probably make a normal new file and go from there on my own.

the holy poopacy
May 16, 2009

hey! check this out
Fun Shoe

kickascii posted:

Also, is there any good resource where people talk about the different viable ways to take down each boss?

Necromancer: Virtually any functional team should be able to win

Swine Prince: any of the following:
1. DPS rush with hellion/abom spam or marking team
2. Stack damage debuffs with Occultist/Leper (expect to bring a lot of +debuff skill chance to make Leper work)
3. Guard spam with MAA/Houndmaster
4. Flare spam with a fast Arbalest

Hag: DPS rush with anyone who can reach row 3 with a decent attack (you're basically OK with any group as long as you don't bring any Crusader, Leper, or Vestal.)

Siren: Bring tons of holy water/bandages, DPS rush her (marking teams are preferred since they can't demolish your own team as easily)

Prophet: Bring a Hellion, Occultist, and any 2 long range attackers; debuff him and go to town (you can sub MAA for Occultist and use guard in place of debuff but it's less reliable)

Flesh: AOE stuns and DOTs (Hellion, Plague Doc, Houndmaster, and DOT character of your choice; Jester actually does ok here)

Cannon: Any team with decent flexible attacks and stuns

Drowned Crew: Bring a couple of heavy hitters and someone with a buffed up stun so that you can reliably stun/kill the anchor (stay away from marking teams since marks wear off very quickly and you need to divert actions to the anchor.)

Korak
Nov 29, 2007
TV FACIST
Is there a guide to doing full dark runs from the beginning?

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

I want to play this game longer but I can't really get past the idea that most of your dudes are mooks not worth saving or keeping, for some drat fool reason :smith:

(ed: guess I had/have the same problem with XCom, now that I think about it. Haven't beaten that either. Just kinda sucks to lose a dude you've spent any amount of time developing, I guess)

Maluco Marinero
Jan 18, 2001

Damn that's a
fine elephant.
I haven't touched the game in a very long time (didn't want to burn out on it before launch), but I'm kind of contemplating trying a highlander run (there can only be one of each class, if it dies, it's dead and I don't pick up another one) once it does come out. I have no idea if it's actually possible, but it'll be interesting to find out.

Soup du Journey
Mar 20, 2006

by FactsAreUseless

Ciaphas posted:

I want to play this game longer but I can't really get past the idea that most of your dudes are mooks not worth saving or keeping, for some drat fool reason :smith:

(ed: guess I had/have the same problem with XCom, now that I think about it. Haven't beaten that either. Just kinda sucks to lose a dude you've spent any amount of time developing, I guess)
you got two roads in front of you: mod the game to stack the odds in your favor, or stick needles in your eyes until you cant feel the pain no more. both paths are valid. i'd recommend throwing disposable dipshits into the oven till you don't mind the smell, personally. the moment you get used to the bodies coincides neatly with the onset of the kind of grimdark mentality that this game's aesthetics really play up.

i mean, the game recognizes your reluctance to get the job done; it's why your buddy the caretaker keeps giggling at you. but in the fullness of time, you'll come to understand what needs to happen to your friends, right?

Soup du Journey fucked around with this message at 06:21 on Dec 28, 2015

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007
ive got minimal body count :smug: (because its stress cascades that tend to kill my guys and i bail on a dungeon when i get my second affliction these days)

also screw you guys, leper is good. and im not just saying that because my favorite classes are underpowered and marginal.

Bad Seafood
Dec 10, 2010

Ciaphas posted:

That was the biggest mental hurdle I had to get over as well.

I'm the kinda guy who can send thousands of nameless, faceless, voiceless conscripts to their death in Red Alert 2 without a second thought, but one of my dudes dies in Fire Emblem and says something like "Tell my brother...I'm sorry I couldn't keep our promise" before he goes and I immediately reset the game to save him. Going into Darkest Dungeon for the first time, I had every intention of keeping my guys alive, sane, and healthy as long as possible. Consequently, I made very little in the way of progress.

You gotta be jaded to succeed in this game, man. The greater good of the world is at stake. A few dozen adventurers dying or going mad is a small price to pay to keep the Earth spinning for another century. That's the mindset you'll need to succeed.

Actually, I'd be interested to learn how many people complaining about the changes are the types to try and keep their guys alive through thick and thin. I suspect there might be a little bit of overlap there.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
Super late to the party here but the Abomination owns bones. Even his manacle ability is great.

Wafflecopper
Nov 27, 2004

Siren: debuff resist

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

packetmantis posted:

Super late to the party here but the Abomination owns bones. Even his manacle ability is great.

he's definitely worth not being able to take crusader and vestal along. incredible damage plus auto-heal after battle? he just annihilates everything. sure he stresses people out but gently caress it, bring a jester to manage that poo poo. only thing you need is a consistent occultist for those heals.

I recently picked up some hilarious Man-At-Arms relic that bolsters PROT+dodge+speed to insanity levels but only at rank 4. Is it really worth running a gimmick support MaA as a constant buff/meatshield for the others??? I can only see this happening as long as Crusader and Vestal are 2 of the other 3.

Mzbundifund
Nov 5, 2011

I'm afraid so.

Maluco Marinero posted:

I haven't touched the game in a very long time (didn't want to burn out on it before launch), but I'm kind of contemplating trying a highlander run (there can only be one of each class, if it dies, it's dead and I don't pick up another one) once it does come out. I have no idea if it's actually possible, but it'll be interesting to find out.

You'd have to be very very careful about not overlevelling your guys to the point where you can't tackle any of the low-level bosses anymore because all your guys are too high level.

Ciaphas
Nov 20, 2005

> BEWARE, COWARD :ovr:

Is it generally worth bailing as soon as I finish a quest or should I try to clear every dungeon I enter?

Also, if I don't click the quirk thingies after my jerks come back alive, do they not receive any new quirks?

Ciaphas fucked around with this message at 22:32 on Dec 28, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Normal Adult Human
Feb 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Your quest is to fill your inventory with rubies