Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players

LastInLine posted:

I'm sure you're aware that Oreo autofill works neither in Chrome nor in webviews
Are you loving kidding me? I've turned off accessibility and have just been using Lastpass' built-in browser in what I thought was a temporary stopgap but I guess that's just how it's going to be.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

butt dickus posted:

Are you loving kidding me? I've turned off accessibility and have just been using Lastpass' built-in browser in what I thought was a temporary stopgap but I guess that's just how it's going to be.

What are the chances that Google will just leave things half-completed? :v:

In all seriousness though I'd expect them to at least work on it somewhat what with the walking back of the Accessibility cutoff. I know I read in multiple places at the time that the reason for "abusing" Accessibility was "your lovely APIs" and that Google was receptive to that.

Either way if it can't work on my bank's (admittedly terrible) app then it's completely useless for me. I figure if they ever get it to work it will be big enough news to make it to the usual blogs and I'll try it then.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

Lastpass works on everything and every app I've needed to use it on.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

vyst posted:

Lastpass works on everything and every app I've needed to use it on.

This one?

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

No i have the release version.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

vyst posted:

No i have the release version.

Right, that's what we're talking about. The release version that abuses Accessibility works, the beta that uses the Autofill API designed to do exactly what LastPass intends to do does not.

This is the last I've heard about getting Autofill to work in Chrome and it was three and a half months ago.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Is there a good password manager that uses the new APIs? Right now my whole keychain lives with Google, which is convenient and insecure. The Oreo autofill is pretty dang great with the in-house implementation.
I'd like it if it asked for a fingerprint every time. I have my phone set to pretty aggressively lock, but I also like the convenience of SmartLock.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

LastInLine posted:

Right, that's what we're talking about. The release version that abuses Accessibility works, the beta that uses the Autofill API designed to do exactly what LastPass intends to do does not.

This is the last I've heard about getting Autofill to work in Chrome and it was three and a half months ago.

Good news!

This release allows you to enable both the Android O autofill and the legacy (accessibility) autofill, which will allow you to fill into Chrome. We have also added options under Settings>Autofill to allow you to disable credit card and address fill, which is also disabled by default on new installations. This should resolve most issues with prompting where it shouldn't.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Blue Train posted:

Good news!

This release allows you to enable both the Android O autofill and the legacy (accessibility) autofill, which will allow you to fill into Chrome. We have also added options under Settings>Autofill to allow you to disable credit card and address fill, which is also disabled by default on new installations. This should resolve most issues with prompting where it shouldn't.

I saw that and intended to try it out.

I meant to ask here though about whether that's a good idea, though, namely because of stuff like this. I've disabled browser autofill on the desktop but never worried about it in Chrome because LastPass always asks for authentication before filling. I couldn't remember if that happened for the Autofill API though. I did forget all about the false positives until we were talking about it, I wonder if they ever got that straightened out.

I was hoping someone here was already dealing with this crap and had it already figured out for me :)

revolther
May 27, 2008

Thermopyle posted:

Well, huh. I don't remember that from back when I was using it...
Don't feel bad. It like literally just became possible to do in the last version of android or so, lastpass was basically useless as an android app forever. Renaming the lastpass bookmarklet worked for hacky autofilling into browsers though.

datajosh
May 3, 2002

I had the realization these aren't my problem!

revolther posted:

Don't feel bad. It like literally just became possible to do in the last version of android or so, lastpass was basically useless as an android app forever. Renaming the lastpass bookmarklet worked for hacky autofilling into browsers though.
I believe LastPass has been able to autofill login info via the accessibility services for almost 4 years now, but you did need the premium subscription to use the Android app for a while. It worked really well for me for a long time but eventually having the accessibility service would slow my phone down after about 24 hours of uptime so I stopped using the autofill. The beta seems to work great with apps that support Oreo's API so far. Now we just have to wait for every app that requires a login to support it, which I'm sure will happen really, really soon.

Tunga
May 7, 2004

Grimey Drawer

datajosh posted:

Now we just have to wait for every app that requires a login to support it, which I'm sure will happen really, really soon.
In most cases it doesn't require any effort. If you use standard UI components and label them with anything vaguely sensible it just works.

Papa Was A Video Toaster
Jan 9, 2011

Is there an app that sends Google Play Music listens to ListenBrainz? Simple Last.fm Scrobbler has ListenBrainz support, but doesn't work with current GPM and hasn't been updated since September. Searching "ListenBrainz" on the Google Play Store has proved fruitless.
I don't really know why I want to use the lovely open source version of Last.fm, but I do.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
I'm poking around for an app that I'm not sure exists. My roommate and I want to build a bar at home. I wanted to have a tablet running an inventory app that would also sync to our mobile devices. The idea was to have the tablet set inside the bar so that we could poke through what we have without moving a ton of bottles around. (It's not 100% practical but it'd be cool, admittedly). Is there an app that does this? Also is there a way to force Android to only use that app?

Uthor
Jul 9, 2006

Gummy Bear Heaven ... It's where I go when the world is too mean.
For the second part, you can pin apps to the screen so you can't back out of them. Otherwise, I'd bet there's some enterprise solution out there.

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Uthor posted:

For the second part, you can pin apps to the screen so you can't back out of them. Otherwise, I'd bet there's some enterprise solution out there.

I kinda wanted it to be super polished. It's all really for show.

Penisaurus Sex
Feb 3, 2009

asdfghjklpoiuyt

Agoat posted:

I'm poking around for an app that I'm not sure exists. My roommate and I want to build a bar at home. I wanted to have a tablet running an inventory app that would also sync to our mobile devices. The idea was to have the tablet set inside the bar so that we could poke through what we have without moving a ton of bottles around. (It's not 100% practical but it'd be cool, admittedly). Is there an app that does this? Also is there a way to force Android to only use that app?

Paprika fulfills this function for me.

As for the second question, no?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Remember how we all decided that Chrome's new bottom bar was cool and good? Turns out Google maybe didn't think so. . I hope it's like the article says and they closed the bugs because they're done and this is the way it's going to be because skarsnik was right, Chrome Home is good.

Skarsnik
Oct 21, 2008

I...AM...RUUUDE!

Goddamnit google :argh:

Fame Douglas
Nov 20, 2013

by Fluffdaddy
The bottom address bar is primarily good for causing accidental navigation bar button presses.

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Fame Douglas posted:

The bottom address bar is primarily good for causing accidental navigation bar button presses.

Gotta disagree with you there, cowboy.

butt dickus
Jul 7, 2007

top ten juiced up coaches
and the top ten juiced up players
Bottom address bar is the best. Of course this means goog is going to get rid of it.

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

butt dickus posted:

Bottom address bar is the best. Of course this means goog is going to get rid of it.

Remove the bottom bar and add a messaging system

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Fame Douglas posted:

Actually it's the worst at this.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
I never even got the bottom address bar. :(

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

Montalvo posted:

I never even got the bottom address bar. :(

chrome://flags > search for Chrome Home then enable the options you find.

Montalvo
Sep 3, 2007

Fun Shoe
Thanks! This feels weird.

Jigoku
Apr 5, 2009

I want it in Firefox now.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

Did Flamingo just disappear off the store? I could've sworn I saw it just this morning.

incogneato
Jun 4, 2007

Zoom! Swish! Bang!

Kazy posted:

Did Flamingo just disappear off the store? I could've sworn I saw it just this morning.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.samruston.twitter

That location works for me, anyway. I'm in the US, in case it's a regional issue.

At least I assume that's the correct one.

Kazy
Oct 23, 2006

0x38: FLOPPY_INTERNAL_ERROR

incogneato posted:

That location works for me, anyway. I'm in the US, in case it's a regional issue.

Do you already have it installed?

Looking at Twitter they might've run out of tokens.

incogneato
Jun 4, 2007

Zoom! Swish! Bang!

Kazy posted:

Do you already have it installed?

Looking at Twitter they might've run out of tokens.

Yeah, but only purchased and installed as of a few days ago. Maybe I grabbed the last one? Sorry.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

incogneato posted:

the domain "samruston.com" appears to be registered, so i'm curious why someone is trying to publish to Play under it

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Lutha Mahtin posted:

the domain "samruston.com" appears to be registered, so i'm curious why someone is trying to publish to Play under it

That's just how android packages are named it's not anything to do with a url

CLAM DOWN
Feb 13, 2007

Blue Train posted:

That's just how android packages are named it's not anything to do with a url

That's actually incorrect, reversing the URL is indeed how package names are started, this stems from Java practices (https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/java/package/namingpkgs.html). There are a bunch of caveats and edits done to the names, but generally speaking they do stem from URLs.

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

CLAM DOWN posted:

That's actually incorrect, reversing the URL is indeed how package names are started, this stems from Java practices (https://docs.oracle.com/javase/tutorial/java/package/namingpkgs.html). There are a bunch of caveats and edits done to the names, but generally speaking they do stem from URLs.

huh, interesting

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Blue Train posted:

huh, interesting

yeah, don't try and publish an app under com.google.bluetrainiscool or anything

incogneato
Jun 4, 2007

Zoom! Swish! Bang!
I have no idea what any of that means. Is the Flamingo app I linked to above okay to use?

ClassActionFursuit
Mar 15, 2006

incogneato posted:

I have no idea what any of that means. Is the Flamingo app I linked to above okay to use?

Yes

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ThermoPhysical
Dec 26, 2007

Cross posting from Fi thread:

http://www.androidpolice.com/2018/0...s-apk-teardown/

Android Messages will soon get a web enterface and "enhanced chat features".