Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

hobbesmaster posted:

In English? Everyone agrees that translation is pretty terrible.

Yep

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

The MUMPSorceress posted:

The wizard titty garden is what I meant.

Again, that is also in the books. It’s gratuitous either way but it’s not like the show is pulling some trick the source material didn’t do.

banned from Starbucks
Jul 18, 2004

Wizards and titty gardens intrigues me. Guess I'll give budget game of thrones a shot.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

chaosapiant posted:

Again, that is also in the books. It’s gratuitous either way but it’s not like the show is pulling some trick the source material didn’t do.

I think it's the sort of thing that is way less gratuitous in text than as a visual. They could have established the wizards horniness with one establishing shot but they just had to have the naked ladies in the background the whole conversation

Breastige TV

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Nudity isn't inherently sexual and if you automatically think of sex or think a show is pervy just b/c you saw some innocent titties in the background I think you might be the one with the issue !!!

Now if the naked women at the wizard's pad were all loving or something I could see your point. But weren't they just like chilling and watering plants or some poo poo lmao

Uncle Lloyd
Sep 2, 2019

RCarr posted:

I tried to read the first Witcher book and it was easily the worst book I have ever attempted to read. It was like reading a teenager’s attempt at writing a video game plot.

Blood of Elves? I started with it because it was described as the first book in the saga and I really struggled through it too. Then I recently realized that the short story anthologies were actually first chronologically and in publishing order, and tried The Last Wish, which was a lot better. I haven’t gotten around to reading more, but it’s on my list now for when I get through my current backlog of books.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

esperterra posted:

Nudity isn't inherently sexual and if you automatically think of sex or think a show is pervy just b/c you saw some innocent titties in the background I think you might be the one with the issue !!!

Now if the naked women at the wizard's pad were all loving or something I could see your point. But weren't they just like chilling and watering plants or some poo poo lmao

It's sexual because it's there to titilate the viewer and misogynist because women are used as scenery but men are not used in the same way. I'm not saying it's like the crime of the century or something but I get tired of breastige television where women are props and men aren't.

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010
How is someone in the asoiaf/got thread yet completely unaware of the concept of male gaze lol
Wait i guess that makes sense actually

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Male gaze rules because that's where the boobies are.

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

It's sexual because it's there to titilate the viewer and misogynist because women are used as scenery but men are not used in the same way. I'm not saying it's like the crime of the century or something but I get tired of breastige television where women are props and men aren't.

The orgy Yen magicked up for scenery was 50/50 or so at least?

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

hobbesmaster posted:

The orgy Yen magicked up for scenery was 50/50 or so at least?

I'm talking about the first episode

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

looks like we have a bad transmitter

there’s so many rules about dinks on tv and baps are way easier. it’s why theon got done banging the boat girl and was flaccid somehow. it’s dumb but maybe in a few years we’ll be able to have rock hard dongs in our television shows and all will be well.

also dudes are just generally not as aesthetically pleasing as gals. we’re gross and i don’t really get why anyone finds us attractive at all.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

TK-42-1 posted:

there’s so many rules about dinks on tv and baps are way easier. it’s why theon got done banging the boat girl and was flaccid somehow. it’s dumb but maybe in a few years we’ll be able to have rock hard dongs in our television shows and all will be well.

also dudes are just generally not as aesthetically pleasing as gals. we’re gross and i don’t really get why anyone finds us attractive at all.

Many men are aesthetically pleasing. Just not to a heterosexual man and therefore it's heavily regulated out of media.

I'd have zero problems if there was an equal dong quotient. American Gods was good about this, for example.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

TK-42-1 posted:

My dude you need to watch season one of American Gods. There are so many hard dicks I was amazed. Too bad about season two being mediocre. And three shaping up to be down right terrible.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Spartacus had a really good dick to boob ratio as well. And was awesome basically from episode three on to the very end. Everyone should watch Spartacus if you haven't.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

Solice Kirsk posted:

Spartacus had a really good dick to boob ratio as well. And was awesome basically from episode three on to the very end. Everyone should watch Spartacus if you haven't.

It's on my list. My binge queue is way too deep after the crazy year I've had.

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

Many men are aesthetically pleasing. Just not to a heterosexual man and therefore it's heavily regulated out of media.

I'd have zero problems if there was an equal dong quotient. American Gods was good about this, for example.

For sure. There’s plenty of dudes that look hot as hell. It just doesn’t rely on their dink being out. Everything pleasing about a guy is visual outside of their dong. Even Hodor wore a fake one. A woman naked is just inherently more provocative due to our cultural issues. Dinks are just not inherently sexy in the current weltanschauung. For whatever reason women naked is an across the board sexy thing while a dude is either just accepted and dismissed.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

TK-42-1 posted:

For sure. There’s plenty of dudes that look hot as hell. It just doesn’t rely on their dink being out. Everything pleasing about a guy is visual outside of their dong. Even Hodor wore a fake one. A woman naked is just inherently more provocative due to our cultural issues. Dinks are just not inherently sexy in the current weltanschauung. For whatever reason women naked is an across the board sexy thing while a dude is either just accepted and dismissed.

I dunno I've seen some pretty dicks

some bust on that guy
Jan 21, 2006

This avatar was paid for by the Silent Majority.
I bet GRRM has a pretty dick.

The MUMPSorceress
Jan 6, 2012

^SHTPSTS

Gary’s Answer

some guy on the bus posted:

I bet GRRM has a pretty dick.

Who did he get it from

Punkin Spunkin
Jan 1, 2010

TK-42-1 posted:

This forum is still classic somethingawful sometimes

Mameluke
Aug 2, 2013

by Fluffdaddy

TK-42-1 posted:

Dudes are actually hot and not gross, it's not like every straight lady and gay man lays back and thinks of England

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

As a straight man I would pay money, good US American dollars, to see Henry Cavill's erect penis.

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!
Look at the statue of David, or any similar classical or classical-inspired Renaissance sculpture. Attractive naked men all over the place, but the :dong: is minimized because it doesn't really add anything to the attractiveness.

esperterra
Mar 24, 2010

SHINee's back

Small dicks were considered more aesthetically pleasing in general iirc

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

esperterra posted:

*resets time machine to the Classical period

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Mameluke posted:

Dudes are actually hot and not gross, it's not like every straight lady and gay man lays back and thinks of England

Everyone in England might have to though.

pseudanonymous
Aug 30, 2008

When you make the second entry and the debits and credits balance, and you blow them to hell.

esperterra posted:

Big dicks were considered unrefined and bestial

TK-42-1
Oct 30, 2013

I need to stop drunk posting.

I was trying to say that half naked hot guys are just a thing on film and not taboo.

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

I dunno I've seen some pretty dicks

Yeah of the women I know well enough to have discussed this with, they all love them a pretty dick. I don't know why this should be surprising to people.

Collateral
Feb 17, 2010
To be fair most nude ladies are wearing merkins. Dudes would have to wear a prosthetic which would only serve to make it bigger, though probably straighter and not bending to the left (mostly).

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
So, this is what we have resorted to.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

So, this is what we have resorted to.

LMAO if you think merkin and dick chat is an aberration and not a cornerstone of this thread.

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
I meant the Witcher show.

The Anime Liker
Aug 8, 2009

by VideoGames

Dr. Video Games 0112 posted:

I meant the Witcher show.

Oh.

Yeah, it's way better than seasons 5-8. By a huge margin.

TommyGun85
Jun 5, 2013

Kylaer posted:

Look at the statue of David, or any similar classical or classical-inspired Renaissance sculpture. Attractive naked men all over the place, but the :dong: is minimized because it doesn't really add anything to the attractiveness.

Erect penises are impossible to sculpt out of heavy stones like marble as they would not be able to support their own weight cantilevered off the body.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
“Big dongs have never been popular in art” says thread that has never seen a cave painting or thinks European art set a global standard.

Malpais Legate
Oct 1, 2014

Oh, good. I was hoping someone had a valid reason for why the statue of David wasn't designed fuckable.

Kylaer
Aug 4, 2007
I'm SURE walking around in a respirator at all times in an (even more) OPEN BIDENing society is definitely not a recipe for disaster and anyone that's not cool with getting harassed by CHUDs are cave dwellers. I've got good brain!

TommyGun85 posted:

Erect penises are impossible to sculpt out of heavy stones like marble as they would not be able to support their own weight cantilevered off the body.

That's why you have cherubs swarming around statues' feet and whatnot, to give more material to support the upper part of the statue. And marble is strong enough to support statues with upraised arms so I think it could manage.

Besides, there's always bronze, which was another popular statue material (but bronze statues are much less likely to survive to the modern day since the bronze was easily melted down into something useful, unlike marble).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dr. Video Games 0112
Jan 7, 2004

serious business
If only they knew about the internet and could look up Haesindang Park back then...