Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Elizabethan Error
May 18, 2006

boar guy posted:

i wonder what's gonna happen to stuff like that, and revolving sushi, and shabu shabu, that was marginally sanitary at best in the Before Times

there's no pathway from the digestive system to the lungs, you're not gonna catch covid from a pot of sausage water

e:
new page tax: 45 year old soup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfgS2N5yIDQ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

Elizabethan Error posted:

there's no pathway from the digestive system to the lungs, you're not gonna catch covid from a pot of sausage water

e:
new page tax: 45 year old soup

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dfgS2N5yIDQ

if you're not vaping shabu shabu, are you even a weeb?

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

OwlFancier posted:

A vat of boiling sausages seems like the most sanitary place possible.

You don't boil sausages unless you want them to burst.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm british I boil everything by default.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

augias posted:

Im not austrian, or gschmidl, but i lived there and can venture that austriana feel strongly enough about a sausage that they would state their preference for a debreziner or a bratwurst or a weisswurst, or a frank. Getting just whatever would be an insult to the paying customer.

Sorry.

Augias is right. You also fetch them with an empty container so you get some of the water (and heat retention) for the ride home.

augias posted:

Gschmidl, post the leberkass pepi

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

I'm british I boil everything by default.

Chef: *through sobs* you can't just say everything should be boiled.... Please....

Brit: *points at sausage flying past* boiled

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If the thing resists boiling that's what god made cheesecloth for. Wrap it up and boil the fucker.

Brawnfire
Jul 13, 2004

🎧Listen to Cylindricule!🎵
https://linktr.ee/Cylindricule

I need you to boil me

Put me in this pot and boil me

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons
Pizzaleberkase

Are those pineapple chunks? We will never know.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Brawnfire posted:

I need you to boil me

Put me in this pot and boil me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_NStTkSRQw

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
ok which parts of austrian food are meat and which parts are vegetable

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

ok which parts of austrian food are meat and which parts are vegetable

They're all meat except for the sauerkraut, potatoes, and desserts.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

gschmidl posted:

They're all meat except for the sauerkraut, potatoes, and desserts.

yeah it seems like alsatian food but everything is a loaf?

Whooping Crabs
Apr 13, 2010

Sorry for the derail but I fuckin love me some racoons

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

this is hard core

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
For a long time Canadians wondered why poutine never caught on in the states and now, as an older and wiser person, I understand better now than I did before.

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
Fuckin Quebecoise with their poncy 'poutine', we eat cheesy chips and gravy in the North of England without needing airs and graces

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
chili cheese fries > poutine > disco fries

I will not be taking questions at this time :colbert:

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Butterfly Valley posted:

Fuckin Quebecoise with their poncy 'poutine', we eat cheesy chips and gravy in the North of England without needing airs and graces

Yeah but you probably call it something equally stupid like "argle bargle farty snargle"

Butterfly Valley
Apr 19, 2007

I am a spectacularly bad poster and everyone in the Schadenfreude thread hates my guts.
We call it cheesy chips and gravy

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob
The best curry chips I ever had were from a chip truck in Ireland in County Donegal, in Glencolumbkille. There's a fantastic hostel there and the insane woman who runs it would send random guests down to the village to buy her Benson and Hedges ("Fences and Ledges") cigarettes which she'd proceed to rip the filter off of and smoke. I think she died a while back.

TyrsHTML
May 13, 2004

AlbieQuirky posted:

chili cheese fries + poutine + disco fries -> My Mouth

Fixed.

Otana
Jun 1, 2005

Let's go see what kind of trouble we can get into.

gschmidl posted:

Augias is right. You also fetch them with an empty container so you get some of the water (and heat retention) for the ride home.

Oh gently caress yeah, love this stuff. My roomies got me hooked on it in Germany, thank god for Alpine Village here in LA. The butcher got so excited that I knew what it was she gave me a few free slices of jalapeno leberkaese to snack on while I shopped.

I also miss good teewurst and maultaschen, neither of which taste the same here.

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009
I know Steve1989 is basically cheating for afp, but still..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KILGuUsVqqM

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

dog nougat posted:

when he gets to smoke MRE ciggs it's great. he quit cigarettes otherwise so when he does get one, and it's 70 years old, he's in heaven.

Cartoon Man
Jan 31, 2004

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

I mean I'd laugh my tits off

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

the balled up slices of american cheese take it over the top

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

LifeSunDeath posted:

when he gets to smoke MRE ciggs it's great. he quit cigarettes otherwise so when he does get one, and it's 70 years old, he's in heaven.

Did you watch the one where he smoked some 100 year old cigarettes?

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

Iron Crowned posted:

Did you watch the one where he smoked some 100 year old cigarettes?

Of course lol. He swears up and down that ciggs from back then taste amazing, and the aging enhances this. I don't think he's wrong. I'm just sad he didn't try the go-pills he found in a vietnam pilot survival ration.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

LifeSunDeath posted:

I'm just sad he didn't try the go-pills he found in a vietnam pilot survival ration.

:hai:

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

dog nougat posted:

It's all glorp, but he makes it sound like it tastes so good.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I'm sure he must have some sort of physiological or neurological problem that just makes everything he eats taste amazing.

Like if he ate a bag of gravel soaked in piss he'd probably enjoy it.

buddhist nudist
May 16, 2019
It's just part of the character/show. He's more focused on showcasing MREs than critically reviewing them so he focuses a lot on what he likes about them, interesting tools or accessories, or unique food.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

spoilers here: https://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/article/eb3657e9-28e6-4157-a6fb-9af1e74fcfb8

dog nougat
Apr 8, 2009

SlothfulCobra posted:

It's all glorp, but he makes it sound like it tastes so good.

It's been a long time since I was in the army/had an MRE, but beef stew was always a solid choice. It was basically like dinty Moore beef stew, but yeah decidedly more glorpy.

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

Absolutely no british food is photogenic.

Also I feel like I don't ever see anybody other than the british incorporating peas into their dishes for some reason.

Scarodactyl
Oct 22, 2015

SlothfulCobra posted:

Absolutely no british food is photogenic.

Also I feel like I don't ever see anybody other than the british incorporating peas into their dishes for some reason.
What about guacamole?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Sometimes I feel like certain culinary cultures would have died out forever if not for the invention of the deep fat fryer

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

buddhist nudist posted:

It's just part of the character/show. He's more focused on showcasing MREs than critically reviewing them so he focuses a lot on what he likes about them, interesting tools or accessories, or unique food.

Though he also doesn't hesitate when he gets a truly disgusting one.