Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

Call Your Grandma
Jan 17, 2010

trobpf!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

kazil posted:

Legal Eagle is great because he doesn't make 4 hour long videos

they're still too long though

like if you are just going to sit there and talk for 20 minutes i'd rather read a loving article than watch your mouth flap around

InsertPotPun
Apr 16, 2018

Pissy Bitch stan
i like his video on my cousin vinny but he didn't answer the one question i have about the movie

when the sherriff reads the "confession" ("i shot the clerk? i shot the clerk?") how do you counter that? as a lawyer defending the case is that allowed and how do you defend it? do you just let it stand, do you ask for clarity, do you put your client on the stand and ask him for context? would it even be allowed because we don't see them get read their rights before?
that's what i want to know.
that and what is a 'yute'?"

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Holy poo poo :lol:

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022
Probation
Can't post for 6 days!
I need him to do a live commentary on all 4+ hours of the trial of Tim Heidecker.

Kchama
Jul 25, 2007

Junk posted:

they're still too long though

like if you are just going to sit there and talk for 20 minutes i'd rather read a loving article than watch your mouth flap around

Lots of people absorb information better when it is mouth flapped at them.

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

The man is the physical embodiment of “ah well nevertheless”

Lmao at this being why Legal Eagle sucks.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Ringo Star Get posted:

My claim to Joe Lieberman fame was writing an article for my college newspaper about how much he sucks and even though it’s been 20 plus years since then, I’m glad it finally got to him.

I went to UCONN when he was primaried by the now-governor of CT and lost but still decided to run as an independent. I wrote for the Daily Campus at the time and just endlessly pointed out this guy supported the Iraq War and voting for him was basically approving of the most horrendous use of force we'd engaged in for a generation. Hurray, the Mansfield area went heavily to Lamont. Oh no, the rest of the state lacked my sage advice and Liberman got a six year victory lap.

Now we have Chris Murphy and Richard Blumenthal in the Dodd/Liberman seats and Murphy is clearly gearing up for a 2028 presidential run while Blumenthal broke his leg at the UCONN Men's Basketball parade last year because someone was between him and a camera (the most dangerous place to be in all of CT).

Thank god I moved to NY and Kristen Gillibrand completely ruined her ability to seek higher office because she thought the words "as a mother" qualified anyone to the presidency.

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

It does qualify her now, though.

MrQwerty
Apr 15, 2003

LOVE IS BEAUTIFUL
(づ ̄ ³ ̄)づ♥(‘∀’●)

Frank Frank posted:

P sure zoning laws do not apply to birds

Gonna need a bird law expert to confirm

Scam Likely
Feb 19, 2021

If I magically became editor in chief at the New York Post there is no way I could do as bad of a job even if my family was held hostage and their lives depended on it.

Scam Likely fucked around with this message at 01:12 on Mar 28, 2024

OJ.SImpson
Jan 20, 2001

Are we able to admit today was a good day?

Junk
Dec 20, 2003

Listen to reason, man. Why make your job difficult?

OJ.SImpson posted:

YAMS! YAMS! YAMS! YAMS! YAMS!

CAT INTERCEPTOR
Nov 9, 2004

Basically a male Margaret Thatcher

HugeGrossBurrito posted:

Legal eagle sucks hth

Yeah nah, Legal Eagle is pretty cool

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Junk posted:

YAMS! YAMS! YAMS! YAMS! YAMS!

I yam what I yam.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I hate it when someone explains the law. I prefer Mr beest

PuttyKnife
Jan 2, 2006

Despair brings the puttyknife down.

Burders

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

poisonpill posted:

WITCH HUNT FAKE NEWS POLITICAL PROSECUTION

But seriously if Joe were such a tyrant, why is this woman still alive? In any other country, you mess with the leader’s family and get found dead of suicide with three bullets to the back of the head.

You'd be singing a different tune if a certain late-night black op had gone as planned, and she had been on a certain bridge at 1:30 a.m. Tuesday morning. trust the plan!

Esplanade
Jan 6, 2005

Scam Likely posted:

If I magically became editor in chief at the New York Post there is no way I could do as bad of a job even if my family was held hostage and their lives depended on it.

It's the Post.

Pretty sure that editor is doing exactly what they were hired to do.

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
Wam bam thank you yam

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

bam sent the yam

Strong Sauce
Jul 2, 2003

You know I am not really your father.

Lazyfire posted:

I went to UCONN when he was primaried by the now-governor of CT and lost but still decided to run as an independent. I wrote for the Daily Campus at the time and just endlessly pointed out this guy supported the Iraq War and voting for him was basically approving of the most horrendous use of force we'd engaged in for a generation. Hurray, the Mansfield area went heavily to Lamont. Oh no, the rest of the state lacked my sage advice and Liberman got a six year victory lap.

Now we have Chris Murphy and Richard Blumenthal in the Dodd/Liberman seats and Murphy is clearly gearing up for a 2028 presidential run while Blumenthal broke his leg at the UCONN Men's Basketball parade last year because someone was between him and a camera (the most dangerous place to be in all of CT).

Thank god I moved to NY and Kristen Gillibrand completely ruined her ability to seek higher office because she thought the words "as a mother" qualified anyone to the presidency.

she also lied about being fluent in mandarin and also supports cryptocurrency so she sucks.

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

OJ.SImpson posted:

Noted Iraq War supporter and healthcare adversary Joe Lieberman is being pitchforked in hell so we have points on the board for everyone but him.

winterwerefox
Apr 23, 2010

The next movie better not make me shave anything :(

They bought pork ribs and wanted me to compare it to the shredded pork sandwich I had. Theirs tasted like Baby Rays, and I cant eat what they cook because it makes me puke from the fat and salt content.

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

kazil posted:

Oh poo poo Joe died

Good. gently caress him. loving milquetoast “liberal” who single handedly killed the last and most likely best shot at Medicare for all. I hope he has a seat in hell right next to Rush

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

Bob Saget
Joe Lieberman
Akira Toriyama

Have some surprising things in common

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

Nvm

ianskate
Sep 22, 2002

Run away before you drown!

BrigadierSensible posted:

I regret asking this but:

Hansongate?
They supposely were getting "cancelled" by their most loyal fans for being racist & transphobic
https://www.vulture.com/2020/11/hanson-fans-hansongate-explained.html

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Strong Sauce posted:

she also lied about being fluent in mandarin and also supports cryptocurrency so she sucks.

She backed off the Crypto thing super hard when the market crashed, which was extremely on brand. She really sucks and I only hope that AOC will run for Schumer's seat when he retires to balance out our state delegation.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

kazil posted:

Legal Eagle is great because he doesn't make 4 hour long videos

Just an ad every minute and a half. Making him unwatchable on anything but a PC.

kuarduck
Nov 15, 2012

I'm in disguise, you stupid tart!

Zesty posted:

Just an ad every minute and a half. Making him unwatchable on anything but a PC.

Maybe try paying for content.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013

John Wick of Dogs posted:

Bob Saget
Joe Lieberman
Akira Toriyama

Have some surprising things in common

Wow, I can't believe Saget and Toriyama voted to deny the US public basic healthcare coverage after receiving millions from healthcare lobbyists. I'm glad they're dead too :colbert:

MEIN RAVEN
Oct 7, 2008

Gutentag Mein Raven

Zesty posted:

Imma be honest, I’m secretly 80 years old and only watch YouTube videos on PC still

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

nine-gear crow posted:

Wow, I can't believe Saget and Toriyama voted to deny the US public basic healthcare coverage after receiving millions from healthcare lobbyists. I'm glad they're dead too :colbert:

It's just weird how many people are dying from this

Lifespan
Mar 5, 2002

Zesty posted:

YouTube Premium + SponsorBlock extension means you don't get ads and they still get paid. Win/Win

Toxic Mental
Jun 1, 2019

Lifespan posted:

YouTube Premium + SponsorBlock extension means you don't get ads and they still get paid. Win/Win

Also sign up with a VPN and say you live in Argentina or Ukraine for $1 per month

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

kuarduck posted:

Maybe try paying for content.

Yeah, no, I love that I pay for five different streaming services and two of them run ads despite me paying them for content. Really makes me want to pay for YouTube premium or whatever. Literally no one likes YouTube's monetization system, what the gently caress.

To be fair...
Feb 3, 2006
Film Producer
I heard a guy who helped a lot of people die or go broke while dying is dead. c/d pls

Stink Billyums
Jul 7, 2006

MAGNUM
https://twitter.com/Acyn/status/1773101862931018132

Shishkahuben
Mar 5, 2009

oh god I love this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022

Zesty posted:

Installed FreeTube on my phone; bye ads.