Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Kevin O’Leary

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
No wonder Brown was against teaching children about informed consent with the new sex ed

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

It's neat that you can be entitled to due process and not at the same time.

Here's a hint, Andrea: When you're winning, shut up. The hay on this one makes itself.

Entropic
Feb 21, 2007

patriarchy sucks
"day in court"? There's no criminal charges yet are there?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

PLEASE LET ME WRITE YOUR VICTIM IMPACT STATEMENT SO I CAN FURTHER DEMONSTRATE THE CALAMITY THAT IS OUR JUSTICE SYSTEM.

Buglord
https://twitter.com/nickbergamini/status/956360526711459840

WaffleLove
Aug 16, 2007
O my. This is very welcome news.

Postess with the Mostest
Apr 4, 2007

Arabian nights
'neath Arabian moons
A fool off his guard
could fall and fall hard
out there on the dunes
Guys guys guys. What better way to punish the Liberals for their rightward drift than voting for an alleged sexual assaulter though?

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line

Postess with the Mostest posted:

Guys guys guys. What better way to punish the Liberals for their rightward drift than voting for an alleged sexual assaulter though?

pumping yourself up for the vote?

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord

https://www.facebook.com/OntarioProud/posts/2039562549655178

False flag by the libtards

infernal machines
Oct 11, 2012

we monitor many frequencies. we listen always. came a voice, out of the babel of tongues, speaking to us. it played us a mighty dub.

flakeloaf posted:

It's neat that you can be entitled to due process and not at the same time.

Here's a hint, Andrea: When you're winning, shut up. The hay on this one makes itself.

Yeah, so weird thing about Horwath, she ain't so good at winning.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

If the liberals could hack Brown's senior staff's brains and convince them to resign, they deserve to rule forever.

Furnaceface
Oct 21, 2004

infernal machines posted:

Yeah, so weird thing about Horwath, she ain't so good at winning.

There is so much sad truth to this. :smith:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

I struggle to think of what Horwath is good at. She's no great speaker, doesn't inspire anyone but the most dug-in base of ONDP voters into the party, and is utterly toothless policy-wise.

PT6A
Jan 5, 2006

Public school teachers are callous dictators who won't lift a finger to stop children from peeing in my plane

Risky Bisquick posted:

No wonder Brown was against teaching children about informed consent with the new sex ed

:vince:

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

I said it first but RBC said it way better :)

Reince Penis
Nov 15, 2007

by R. Guyovich

flashy_mcflash posted:

If the liberals could hack Brown's senior staff's brains and convince them to resign, they deserve to rule forever.

He'll resign by Monday :toxx:

Precambrian Video Games
Aug 19, 2002

These allegations must come as a huge surprise to all of the PC staffers resigning within hours of them becoming public.

Risky Bisquick
Jan 18, 2008

Buglord
https://twitter.com/SophieR321/status/956374788246851584

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Oh man I hope he doesn't resign, the liberal Bottle Service Brown attack ads are going to be lit

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011
holy poo poo this is incredible. I'm gonna go in for surgery and in two days ontario politics are gonna be done for ANOTHER four years

Lead out in cuffs
Sep 18, 2012

"That's right. We've evolved."

"I can see that. Cool mutations."

It's working great for the Americans... :suicide:

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Welppp

https://twitter.com/sdbcraig/status/956385779281989632

Drunk Canuck
Jan 9, 2010

Robots ruin all the fun of a good adventure.

https://twitter.com/btaplatt/status/956362961446232065

There's gonna be video footage, isn't there

EngineerJoe
Aug 8, 2004
-=whore=-

Who else thinks Brown is currently trying to convince people that he can still win and referencing Trump?

EngineerJoe fucked around with this message at 06:05 on Jan 25, 2018

Stickarts
Dec 21, 2003

literally

vyelkin posted:

Hours after the flight, at 11:21 p.m. -- a time that was verified by social media accounts viewed by CTV News -- Brown sent the woman a message: "Are you impressed I remembered your name? I am.. LOL"

JawKnee
Mar 24, 2007

You'll take the ride to leave this town along that yellow line
brown is fuuuuuucked haha

also the NDP are going to fumble this hard core

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

flashy_mcflash posted:

I struggle to think of what Horwath is good at. She's no great speaker, doesn't inspire anyone but the most dug-in base of ONDP voters into the party, and is utterly toothless policy-wise.

She's good at purging people who don't support her from the ranks of the ONDP.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
God I love Ontario politics. Backstabbing Libs and cannibal OPCs.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
I bet Wynne is wishing this news had dropped in May though

Arivia
Mar 17, 2011

vyelkin posted:

Come on, they’re done for. An interim leader is like having no leader in an election. The only other option is to have a new leader elected in caucus, which still leaves you with 0 time to make a new platform and 0 ability to sell the old one. Even if, Brown has been holding riding associations so tightly bound to him they will splinter and infight like crazy without him to keep them in line. They were selling Brown and Brown only for the election. It was all about him. This is it. This is the election.

It wouldn’t be if the NDP could actually make something better happen, but they can’t and they won’t.

Arivia fucked around with this message at 06:32 on Jan 25, 2018

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

vyelkin posted:

Makes no difference whether it is Brown or his successor, the Ontario PCs will always find a way to gently caress up.

Unless John Yakabuski ran, because I like him. Unfortunately if he became party leader I'd probably start to dislike him real fast and some horrible poo poo would probably come out. It's all great when it's impersonal, but I'd rather not see a guy I personally know destroyed before my eyes.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
The fact that the staffers are resigning so fast makes me think they all know it's true and there is hard evidence Brown is a scumbag.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

EngineerJoe posted:

Who else thinks Brown is currently trying to convince people that he can still win and referencing Trump?

imo my impression of him nearly crying at the press conference was someone who really legitimately believed that he was going to be premier six months from now and now he knows it's never going to happen but he's going to deny it all and insist he's still the guy because he really really really really wants it.

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Who needs a house out in Hackensack? Is that all you get for your money?

Another one.

https://twitter.com/HoCStaffer/status/940342096317288448

Juul-Whip
Mar 10, 2008

jesus christ lmao :laugh:

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Reince Penis posted:

He'll resign by Monday :toxx:

It's looking like this political career won't live through the night, let alone the weekend.

https://twitter.com/blissblogs/status/956405126293487616

Femtosecond
Aug 2, 2003

In this thread for a long while people have posted about hearing many stories about Brown. It was only a matter of time.

Eox
Jun 20, 2010

by Fluffdaddy
If the Toronto Star doesn't have a big "CODE BROWN" on the cover tomorrow, then all canadian journalism up to this point and stretching into the future has been a waste

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
God, if only American scandals progressed as fast as Canadian ones.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HackensackBackpack
Aug 20, 2007

Statement from Ontario PC Deputy Leaders Sylvia Jones and Steve Clark

quote:

“This evening we learned of disturbing allegations leveled against Patrick Brown.

“In the interest of the Ontario PC Party we unanimously agree that Mr. Brown cannot continue serving as the Leader.

“Mr. Brown is entitled to a legal defense and due process, but he cannot lead us into an election as a result of these allegations.

“The Ontario PC Party unequivocally upholds the principle that a safe and respectful society is what we expect and deserve. We need to move forward to eradicate sexual violence and harassment across the province.

“Our caucus will immediately consult with party officials and members on best way to move forward to defeat the Wynne Liberals in the 2018.

“We will not be diverted from our mission to ensure our strong team can share our message of change.”

E: He's out.

Statement from Ontario PC Leader Patrick Brown

quote:

“These allegations are false and have been difficult to hear.

“However, defeating Kathleen Wynne in 2018 is more important than one individual.

“For this reason, after consulting with caucus, friends and family I have decided to step down as Leader of the Ontario PC Party. I will remain on as a MPP while I definitively clear my name from these false allegations.

“Over the past three years I have led a major transformation of our party taking it from 12,000 to 200,000 members, fundraised more money than any provincial party in Canadian history, and recruited some of the most qualified and diverse candidates in the history of our party. I have developed a pragmatic and winning campaign platform after a historically comprehensive policy process.

“These important building blocks are essential for defeating Kathleen Wynne this year and her tired government that has repeatedly made reckless decisions and put insiders ahead of the people.

“I’m confident the president of our party and caucus will convene an expedited process to elect my successor who I look forward to working with.”

HackensackBackpack fucked around with this message at 07:35 on Jan 25, 2018