Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 23 days!)

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

The beatles were nazi's

The little musical sting after all you need is love had some lyrics that were taken out in production.

It originally went:

All you need is love
FOR-THE-MAS-TER-RACE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

Crowsbeak posted:

I don't know. Probably it's just me being blind as a WASP male, but the openness of this misogyny seems new. I don't doubt most would consider this to be against the pale, but I kind of am afraid if this becomes "acceptable" discourse.

The openness is definitely new, that's true. My point is that the underlying thought processes and values that created the problem are not.

This is something that, all things being equal, shitbirds want to keep quiet. Silence around this gives them the necessary cover to say that sexual assault is bad while being just fine with most kinds of sexual assault. Silence means that they don't have to reckon with the incongruity of those two positions.

What MeToo has done, among many other things, is make that silence untenable. It is not surprising, though it is disheartening, that when forced to publicly choose a side, that the shitbirds choose to continue being shitbirds.

It sucks, but this is necessary.

xcheopis
Jul 23, 2003

Azathoth posted:

The openness is definitely new, that's true.

No, it isn't. You could correctly say that the openness is back but I assure you it is not new.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

xcheopis posted:

No, it isn't. You could correctly say that the openness is back but I assure you it is not new.

Okay, fair enough on that. I will stand by the assertion that it is new in this political era, so this is the first time that most of the players involved have had to reckon with it.

Cybernetic Vermin
Apr 18, 2005

xcheopis posted:

racism and #metoo have a decent parallell here: at first many forms of sexual assault was considered just fine and dandy and it was all out in the open. then it became frowned upon enough that people didn't talk about, it was seen as a bit.. uncoth. it didn't go away at all though, the opinions involved just got a bit obscured. now there are increasingly calls to actually *do* *something* about it, and the shitheads who either perpetrated or enabled these crimes are speaking up in their own defense, throwing light on the depth of the issue

hopefully that's the start of real progress, but, well, this is 2018 and trump is president so who the gently caress knows

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.
https://twitter.com/RightWingWatch/status/1044263289172238336

seems heimbach has let the "mask" drop fully. i mean everyone including himself knew he was a nazi monster but lol.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

brutalist, plz post that photoshop you made of the night of the wrong wives, it gives me quite the chuckle

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
TWP's only ally was the NSM and they rallied together all the time, so no real surprise that Heimbach is headed there after he destroyed his own org by literally cucking them.

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

Crowsbeak posted:

I don't know. Probably it's just me being blind as a WASP male, but the openness of this misogyny seems new. I don't doubt most would consider this to be against the pale, but I kind of am afraid if this becomes "acceptable" discourse.

Crowsbeak, you ignorant slut.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Epic High Five posted:

brutalist, plz post that photoshop you made of the night of the wrong wives, it gives me quite the chuckle
i can't claim credit for making it but you know i held onto it. i hid it in my cuckbox

i've gotten a lot of comedy mileage out of this meme

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WhZljqLfGhc

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i can't claim credit for making it but you know i held onto it. i hid it in my cuckbox

awwwww yeah that's the stuff

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Crowsbeak posted:

Arn't u catholic??

StashAugustine
Mar 24, 2013

Do not trust in hope- it will betray you! Only faith and hatred sustain.

As someone who's also Catholic that just means u think the Bad Sex Things happen with Bad Sex People and certainly your Good People wouldn't go to bat for a pedo rapist oh whoops

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
I'm just sayen he ain't no wasp

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
article here about a TWP member (probably more accurate to say ex-TWP) outed at SIU carbondale:

https://thesouthern.com/news/local/...09323bfb6b.html

quote:

According to the anonymous group, the accusation is based on the analysis of more than 4,000 chat messages from an application called Discord, in which a poster named "Fash Dragon" described studying at the SIUC campus, used ethnic slurs against African-Americans and homosexuals, spoke of hating Jewish people, and posted photos including one of a shooting range target riddled with bullet holes and captioned “Rahowa (an acronym for Racial Holy War) Ready.”
this kind of thing happens all over but i noticed the anti-fascist group that did it calls themselves the "knights of the flaming circle," which is... uhh... creative?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9wdYy3tCm4

Zeroisanumber
Oct 23, 2010

Nap Ghost

We're living in a dark-rear end time, but at least we got the cuckbox out of it.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Data Graham posted:

So life moves pretty fast now-a-days, huh?

But how is it that eventful four-year periods in the past managed to so thoroughly define or gently caress up entire generations for decades to come?

The Depression
WWII
The Beatles

None of these things lasted longer than 4 years, yet people 50 years later talk about each of them as though no more formative event ever occurred in their lives. Grandparents still hoard canned food, veterans still relive their trauma, Beatles fans still obsess over which side of which vinyl album was the perfect 20 minutes of music

Today we forget what happened two weeks ago, and we've been at war in Afghanistan for like 17 years, and we're all like "eehhh"
there is no way that "the Trump administration" does not become that four-year period for this generation

like there's that Onion article that's like "I'm a Trump conservative, says horrifying man 20 years from now", and that's going to be true for a huge swath of CHUDs, and then you have the Resistance people that are going to lock onto that identity to come off as someone over 30 that should be trusted with whatever they drag their fuckin heels on next, and then you have whatever actual DSA-adjacent young voting population gets mobilized forever by it...

I have no idea if I'm making sense here.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/Kherman112/status/1044278509340774400

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde

lol

https://twitter.com/USFOR_A/status/1044135532207460353

nice catch

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

It still blows my mind that poo poo like the ok sign and the kekistan flag were adopted by white supremacists to trigger the libs and now they're furious that their white power symbols aren't seen as jokes anymore

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Shocking to think that a vinland flag combined with a nazi flag would be perceived as racist.

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

stupid question. are you allowed to decorate your pilot helmet? i know its in movies all the time, but i was always curious if you could in real life.

also lol, one less chud.

Golden Bee
Dec 24, 2009

I came here to chew bubblegum and quote 'They Live', and I'm... at an impasse.
Because pilots are so valuable, they get a lot of leeway. They get customized chairs for briefings and their own nicknames, unless they’re dril.

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

https://www.twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/status/1044265199769923584

FMguru
Sep 10, 2003

peed on;
sexually

Golden Bee posted:

They get customized chairs for briefings and their own nicknames, unless they’re dril.
Buddy, they won't even let him gently caress the flag :(

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
https://twitter.com/MeganSquire0/status/1044302321486897152

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

A Circle: The Presentation

Professor Bling
Nov 12, 2008

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

article here about a TWP member (probably more accurate to say ex-TWP) outed at SIU carbondale:

this kind of thing happens all over but i noticed the anti-fascist group that did it calls themselves the "knights of the flaming circle," which is... uhh... creative?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m9wdYy3tCm4

Oh, hey, something I can contribute to (since I'm from the area)!

So the modern "Knights of the Flaming Circle" is an attempted revival; the original KotFC was an anti-Klan organization in the '20s that also worked with local unions during the labor fights like the Herrin Massacre (when some scabs killed a couple union men then got fuckin' clowned on), and the whole "Bloody Williamson" heritage of the area with labor fights and anti-state actions. The KotFC would go around to Klan meetings and take down the license plates of cars and also try to identify as many klansmen as possible and then out them in public.

They would also wait until night and build giant circles of tires or refuse in klansmen's yards and light that poo poo on fire.

There's not a lot written about them and they're very much a "southern Illinois, southern/southwestern Indiana" thing. I know a few people doing some academic research on them at SIUC and I've seen their flyers outing this nazi/former TWP member around Carbondale.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
oh hell yeah that's badass

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
https://twitter.com/JordanUhl/status/1044046669279633408

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

I'm just sayen he ain't no wasp

Born a WASP who can trace ancestry back to the Great Migration. Just because I left Protestantism doesn't change the fact I am among the lower orders of Blue Bloods.

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

wheres the can of corn

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Alan Smithee posted:

wheres the can of corn

This has been what I've thought of every time I've seen Heimbach, even before that sublime photoshop.

Montasque
Jul 18, 2003

Living in a hateful world sending me straight to Heaven

Yeah, that's what dragging you down.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 23 days!)

if only people could see that we're white nationalists and not nazis

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

Montasque posted: