Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mickolution
Oct 1, 2005

Ballers...I put numbers on the boards

fat gay nonce posted:

send them Lateralus instead

Lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

fat gay nonce posted:

Heh

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

fat gay nonce posted:

I liked all these posts

opus111
Jul 6, 2014

fat gay nonce posted:

jyrka
Jan 21, 2005

Potato Count: 2 small potatoes
Tool and Radiohead. heh.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

fat gay nonce posted:

drat

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

Hegay
Jun 29, 2012

i hope the person who made this dies.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Hegay posted:

i hope the person who made this dies.

I hope they live an eternal existence in the dimension of pain between life and death

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Tortuga means turtle, and that's me. I take my time but I always win.

MLS is very much capitalism as are most US leagues. It is set up so the league gets the most profit it can. It's just a franchise model of a capitalist company. It doesn't let one franchise kill off another franchise by dominating because it knows it's market. In the U.S. people follow winners with rare exceptions like the Chicago Cubs. But losing NBA, NFL, most MLB teams see declines in fans, thus you can't have rich team win every season. Fans will stop coming and most teams will lose money. The English have a captive audience. They'll go anyways. They'll go to a loser cause it's like college football where teams with no chance of being National Champs consistently play to large crowds because you've got a connection to college beyond sport like Alumni. MLS, NFL etc get's rich by rising and falling as a whole product. The EPL is like building two McDonalds next to each other and only one has Big Macs, fries and shakes and competition employees. Yeah of course they'll et all the money. But you'll destroy the others. The NFL for example, well small market Green Bay get's rich right along side the New York Jets and the Dallas Cowboys. And everybody get's rich, every team has a chance over a few years to build a title winner, fans keep going because there's hope, everybody has full large stadiums. And The NFL, in one country makes triple the profit of the global EPL.

mackintosh
Aug 18, 2007

Semper Fidelis Poloniae

Strawman posted:

MLS is very much capitalism as are most US leagues. It is set up so the league gets the most profit it can. It's just a franchise model of a capitalist company. It doesn't let one franchise kill off another franchise by dominating because it knows it's market. In the U.S. people follow winners with rare exceptions like the Chicago Cubs. But losing NBA, NFL, most MLB teams see declines in fans, thus you can't have rich team win every season. Fans will stop coming and most teams will lose money. The English have a captive audience. They'll go anyways. They'll go to a loser cause it's like college football where teams with no chance of being National Champs consistently play to large crowds because you've got a connection to college beyond sport like Alumni. MLS, NFL etc get's rich by rising and falling as a whole product. The EPL is like building two McDonalds next to each other and only one has Big Macs, fries and shakes and competition employees. Yeah of course they'll et all the money. But you'll destroy the others. The NFL for example, well small market Green Bay get's rich right along side the New York Jets and the Dallas Cowboys. And everybody get's rich, every team has a chance over a few years to build a title winner, fans keep going because there's hope, everybody has full large stadiums. And The NFL, in one country makes triple the profit of the global EPL.

That literally is the abyss staring back at me. They don't come much worse than this.

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

Get's

euroboy
Mar 24, 2004

I've been to an American sporting event and all they do is eat huge hot dogs and drink bud light in complete silence until there's a break in the game and Bon Jovi starts playing on the sound system and people wanders off to get more burgers

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.

euroboy posted:

I've been to an American sporting event and all they do is eat huge hot dogs and drink bud light in complete silence until there's a break in the game and Bon Jovi starts playing on the sound system and people wanders off to get more burgers

I was at an american sporting event and one guy piledrove another guy and then the other guy got back to his feet and piledrove the first guy and it was great.

Then I had a bud light.

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Von Linus posted:

I was at an american sporting event and one guy piledrove another guy and then the other guy got back to his feet and piledrove the first guy and it was great.

Then I had a bud light.

sounds like a party

Messyass
Dec 23, 2003

Redundant posted:

I love how arbitrary those Opta stat shapes are. The scales seem to be picked at random so depending on how the creator is feeling they could make any shape they want to. Maybe I should send scouts my perfect circle record.

Trap sprung and all, but I think the scales run from 5th to 95th percentile of all players or something.

Average Lettuce
Oct 22, 2012

Strawman posted:

And The NFL, in one country makes triple the profit of the global EPL.

lol what a comparison.

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe
This is a real shirt that you can purchase

TheBigAristotle
Feb 8, 2007

I'm tired of hearing about money, money, money, money, money.
I just want to play the game, drink Pepsi, wear Reebok.

Grimey Drawer
Who's the fatass, is that America or something

trem_two
Oct 22, 2002

it is better if you keep saying I'm fat, as I will continue to score goals
Fun Shoe

TheBigAristotle posted:

Who's the fatass, is that America or something

I think it's Chuck Blazer

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Strawman posted:

Aside from the fact an ESL person wrote this it is pretty true and inoffensive imo

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
is MLS making money?

African AIDS cum
Feb 29, 2012

Welcome back, welcome back, welcome baaaack

Alain Post posted:

is MLS making money?

Yes but only by over expanding every year and diluting the already poo poo quality of the league in hopes it will somehow catch on with normals (it wont) so they can cop a huge tv deal. They still use "hollywood accounting" to keep player wages down etc. All fraud and lies.

Feels Villeneuve
Oct 7, 2007

Setter is Better.
yeah, and at the risk of posting seriously in the weekend web thread, i think the low quality of the play is much more of a problem than whatever benefit league parity supposedly brings. really, i think having one or two legitimately good teams in the league with quality players who consistently challenge for the title could actually bring positive attention to the league.

instead, 12 of 20 teams are going to make the playoffs in MLS. it's stupid.

Lord of Garbagemen
Jan 28, 2014

Look on my works, ye Mighty, and despair!

Alain Post posted:

yeah, and at the risk of posting seriously in the weekend web thread, i think the low quality of the play is much more of a problem than whatever benefit league parity supposedly brings. really, i think having one or two legitimately good teams in the league with quality players who consistently challenge for the title could actually bring positive attention to the league.

instead, 12 of 20 teams are going to make the playoffs in MLS. it's stupid.

Mls is small time as gently caress, truly clown car.

ephex
Nov 4, 2007

PHWOAR CRIMINAL

not sure if right thread tbh

8raz
Jun 22, 2007

He's Scouse, He's Sound.
Slippy G

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

ephex posted:

Thanks for the new wallpaper.

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

ephex posted:

Sorry, wrong thread

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

https://v.cdn.vine.co/r/videos/5A51...SbzA7Cqshy2JLSS

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

Wrong thread.

blue footed boobie
Sep 14, 2012

UEFA SUPREMACY

lol

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Haha how could you even think this belongs in this thread

Still B.A.E
Mar 24, 2012

This is good

fat gay nonce
May 13, 2003
actual penis length: |-----------|

Winner, PWM POTM January

Go back to d£d that owns idiot

jre
Sep 2, 2011

To the cloud ?

What the gently caress is this doing in here?

Strawman
Feb 9, 2008

Looks like this was the wrong thread to post a vine of a managers head on the body of a flamenco dancer :shrug:

Shrapnig
Jan 21, 2005

Strawman posted:

Looks like this was the wrong thread to post a vine of a managers head on the body of a flamenco dancer :shrug:

I'm glad you've learned from your mistake.

Ninpo
Aug 6, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Haha fuckin brilliant

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cpt. Mahatma Gandhi
Mar 26, 2005

Strawman posted:

You'll never recover from this