Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobsterboy
Aug 18, 2003

start smoking (what's up, gold?)
I managed to get a Gore's medal and Master qualification on my S-51.

One shot a TigerP, who spent the rest of the match complaining that I cant do that much damage in one hit. Probably my favorite game in WoT in a LONG time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

Just spent $35 on the lovely STA-2, no regrets.

Ultron
Nov 12, 2005
Low in fat
I've started a team for Skirmish XIV if anyone is interested. 4v4 tier IV's with one T67 allowed. Since it's not likely that enough savages from Pansy will join, all goons are welcome. Hopefully someone competent enough to call will join and we can win some gold. I'm Ultron666 IGN.

Team Savage Sailors

pw is lljkpanzy

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

NEVER FUCKING TAKE A NIGHT OFF CLAN WARS.

Punished for using the Hellcat/T49 to grind credits.

srb posted:

Check my winrate on this tank:

Yeah I agree.

WN8 is worthless. Anyone who disagrees, please check my stats in my mediums. WN8 is supposed to balance extremely overpowered tanks with relatively underpowered tiermates, so doing well in a T-54 is viewed as less impressive than performing well in a Leo PTA. I am not a very good T-54 player. My adequate play in the T-54 should not be given 3200 WN8. If WN8 doesn't actually balance good tanks against bad tank statwise, why the gently caress even bother with the whole exercise except to give stat padders a way to grind a particular tank and get artificially inflated stats?

Difference in average damage between those two? 12.

Although...

Hellsau fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Apr 2, 2015

srb
Jul 24, 2007

Mesadoram posted:

That... that is just brutal.

It is VERY difficult to carry in the 59-16 as you have very little ammunition, not spectacular gun handling, and very low penetration. The games where your team doesn't instantly vaporize, where you can maneuver to get the side and rear shots you need to penetrate are pretty rare.

Very fun, very cool tank, but also insanely frustrating as you can't take a hit, you can't fight most things frontally, and you can't penetrate several tanks in the side and rear at any non-flat angle whatsoever. Seriously, trying to circle an IS in this thing is NOT fun. Basically hold your fire, get right behind him and get as many shots as you can straight from behind, then either get out or go for several laps around him to avoid his gun. Because you might actually bounce on his rear end if you are off-angle.

With gold.

quote:

WN8 is worthless.

It makes my screen look bright and nice.

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
Well, tonight has been worse then a 5x weekend for game quality.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I just saw a t-44 with the 122mm I didn't know they existed.

How do you guys hit moving targets with server reticle turned on jesus poo poo it jumps everywhere

BadLlama fucked around with this message at 03:56 on Apr 2, 2015

CitizenKain
May 27, 2001

That was Gary Cooper, asshole.

Nap Ghost
From status report:
-It's possible the platoon missions from individual missions will be removed ("there are multiple variants"), developers do have statistics on how many people are "stuck" on platoon mission;
- HT15 individual mission will be simplified for StuG IV and T28HTC;

I'm a fan of both of these. I don't like that platoon missions are part of the individual mission line, if they were bonus objectives I'd be perfectly fine with that. Plus the LT and SPG missions are pretty dumb and rely on a fair amount of luck that not only will your spotting damage count, but the SPG diceroll will come up.

maev
Dec 6, 2010
Economically illiterate Tory Boy Bollocks brain.
Keep away from children
If the missions were tweaked slightly more in favour of direct contribution (ie: winning) to the game and not TRACK 3 ENEMY VEHICLES THEN WAIT FOR ALLIES TO~ it'd be great. The 'kill 3 TD' missions are also a bit :argh: but I can at least see why they're there.

Azhais
Feb 5, 2007
Switchblade Switcharoo
gently caress "capture the base" objectives and "ram someone to death" objectives

Fat Jesus
Jul 13, 2011

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2023

yeah I'm stuck on some platoon missions since I don't want to ask anyone to play arty, making individual missions individual might make sense.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Hey baby I think we Havel lot in common
Anyone for SUPERPREF IV B2 platoons during this month when all kinds of motherfuckers are going to be playing tier IV tanks?

Edit: oh, and as of today I now own TWO Pz IIJs, like a retard. I have an EU account that is populated with premium tanks only and crews from the winter 8-bit thing. So, an FCM Pak 36, a T-14 (lol), I think a T-127, and I definitely also have a Church III. And now, a Pz IIJ.

It's like I have a conspiracy theory in my head that World of Tanks NA is going to be shut down, and I need a backup account in case SHTF.

KaiserSchnitzel fucked around with this message at 07:13 on Apr 2, 2015

Cardiac
Aug 28, 2012

Leave while going is good. Also, only 1st class.

Clearly the superior choice for WN8 padding.

Someone said arty can't carry?

Have I told you how much I love the KV-5?

The AMX 13 90 is fun. MM, not so much.

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

Cardiac posted:

Leave while going is good. Also, only 1st class.

It was a pretty good game.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

The LTP is such a good tank

Hellsau
Jan 14, 2010

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

The LTP is such a good tank

Plus from what we've seen in the thread it gives an average of 11500 WN8 per game, and literally always wins. That's just science.

KaiserSchnitzel
Feb 23, 2003

Well I don't get that kind of WN8 but I win like 7/10 in it, and I feel like it's the best of all the freebies by far. There is literally nothing bad per-tier about the LTP. I'd play it a lot more if I didn't have a BT-SV for sure.

Speaking of which, I've been playing the tier 4 Japanese light tank (Type 5 Ke-Ho) and it's just ridiculous. You seriously can't have a bad game in that tank. it's just loving silly compared to ANY other tier IV light...highly recommended.

Descar
Apr 19, 2010

Hellsau posted:

Punished for using the Hellcat/T49 to grind credits.

WN8 is worthless. Anyone who disagrees, please check my stats in my mediums. WN8 is supposed to balance extremely overpowered tanks with relatively underpowered tiermates, so doing well in a T-54 is viewed as less impressive than performing well in a Leo PTA. I am not a very good T-54 player. My adequate play in the T-54 should not be given 3200 WN8. If WN8 doesn't actually balance good tanks against bad tank statwise, why the gently caress even bother with the whole exercise except to give stat padders a way to grind a particular tank and get artificially inflated stats?

How can you be punished for playing Hellcat/t49?, those 2 are like the best carry tanks to play at respective tiers?

t-54 proberly gets lowered by the amount of russian pubbies goin for it :P

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

KaiserSchnitzel posted:

Speaking of which, I've been playing the tier 4 Japanese light tank (Type 5 Ke-Ho) and it's just ridiculous. You seriously can't have a bad game in that tank. it's just loving silly compared to ANY other tier IV light...highly recommended.

People talk about the STB but the Ke-Ho is absolutely where the japanese line peaks.

Infected
Oct 17, 2012

Salt Incarnate

Ke-Ho, Chi-Ri and the STB-1 are definitely the keepers in the tree, the rest is painfully mediocre or garbage.

NTRabbit
Aug 15, 2012

i wear this armour to protect myself from the histrionics of hysterical women

bitches

Infected posted:

Ke-Ho, Chi-Ri and the STB-1 are definitely the keepers in the tree, the rest is painfully mediocre or garbage.

:crossarms:

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

Infection is our guy-with-weird-opinions-about-tanks, basically.

EDIT: I want to jump on the stats bandwagon:

FV215b Best Heavy. The VK 4502 B is perfectly balanced and has in no way been grossly overbuffed, I assure you guys.

How do I carry in the Leopard 1 help :saddowns:

The thing I'm getting from this is that I really ought to buy back the MT-25.

Soulfucker fucked around with this message at 13:51 on Apr 2, 2015

Creamed Cormp
Jan 8, 2011

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

maev posted:

The 'kill 3 TD' missions are also a bit :argh: but I can at least see why they're there.

Kill missions can be absolute bullshit. In the time it took me to fullfill MT15 with honors (for the T55A), I had gotten 5 ace badges in tier 9 meds and about 15 in the T34-85. Basically gently caress kill missions, they are garbage.

DonkeyHotay
Jun 6, 2005

I told you about the is-8, bro.

Missing Name
Jan 5, 2013

Ensign Expendable posted:

the Hellcats demonstrated their maximum speed: 89 kph.

holy gently caress

Soulfucker
Feb 15, 2012

i,m going to kill myself on friday #wow #whoa
Fun Shoe

WitchFetish posted:

Kill missions can be absolute bullshit. In the time it took me to fullfill MT15 with honors (for the T55A), I had gotten 5 ace badges in tier 9 meds and about 15 in the T34-85. Basically gently caress kill missions, they are garbage.

QFT. Did you check out LT-14 for the 260 yet? :v:

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
According to that stats site I am really, really poo poo in Soviet heavy tanks. Which is kind of disappointing as that's by far what I've played the most. Apparently I'm not a complete spooner in the T-44 and Matilda IV though.

I could never make that tank work well. I got a lot better after fully upgrading it and accepting that it was never going to be the IS-3, and instead treated it like the world's fattest medium. Any tips?

rossmum
Dec 2, 2008

Cummander ross, reporting for duty!

:gooncamp:

Infected posted:

:japan::hf::cool:

srb
Jul 24, 2007
The absolutely worst part about artillery in this game is that sometimes, you really don't know that you're gonna get shot, because they've spent four minutes looking at a spot in front of you, never shooting anyone else, and then WHEN you roll forward five meters to take a shot from a new position you get nailed by 3 of them at once.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
Nah, the worst part is waiting those four minutes and then missing because playing artillery is basically this game's equivalent of getting your bollock trapped when your dislocated hip is popped back in.

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

I am thinking about finally purchasing the Panther 2 and taking the line to the end, good decision?

Slim Jim Pickens
Jan 16, 2012

BadLlama posted:

I am thinking about finally purchasing the Panther 2 and taking the line to the end, good decision?

There is a specific playstyle to that entire line that involves a lot of ad-hoc sidescraping, but it's a good line. The E-50 is the best at doing it, but the Panther 2 wasn't bad either.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

BadLlama posted:

It's painful stock, so I recommend having plenty of free exp on hand. You need the suspension and the turret for the top gun.

Prav
Oct 29, 2011

Uranium 235 posted:

It's painful stock, so I recommend having plenty of free exp on hand. You need the suspension and the turret for the top gun.

And after that this goes double for the E-50.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Prav posted:

And after that this goes double for the E-50.

But you get an E-50 out of it.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

If they are tweaking individual missions, they really need to change the spotting requirements. 5k spotting damage is literally impossible to achieve on all but maybe 5 maps in the game. You have to get the right map, then have teammates ACTUALLY SHOOT RED TANKS, which is highly improbable. Even then you are usually racing 3 other lights on your team to get to spots. Make it a combo of spotting and damage dealt or something.

Can you tell I have been stuck on LT-15 for the T28HC for a loving month? Not bitter at all. Not me.

Uranium 235
Oct 12, 2004

The mission I really dread is HT-12 for the T-55A. 3x hp in damage blocked and 3000 damage. It's going to be hard to get 3000 damage while I wait for the enemy to plink that many shots off me.

Lovely Joe Stalin
Jun 12, 2007

Our Lovely Wang
It took me the entirety of the post-upgrades grind from MT-25 to a fully upgraded LTTB and then some just to do LT-15. The first time I got a map where it was possible (Malinovka, encounter, east spawn) I did it. loving stupid mission.

WayAbvPar
Mar 11, 2009

Ah- Smug Mode.

Uranium 235 posted:

The mission I really dread is HT-12 for the T-55A. 3x hp in damage blocked and 3000 damage. It's going to be hard to get 3000 damage while I wait for the enemy to plink that many shots off me.

I have seen one T-55A in game, so it isn't completely impossible, but I would be willing to bet it is effectively impossible without gaming it somehow. My suspicion is that the large clans collude/count in and hope to land on opposite sides. We should start doing that...might be suspicious if clanmates did it, but we have enough goons who aren't in PANSY to try it out.

I am happy to help with missions (in the traditional sense or otherwise). Although apparently I am not much help if my hideous run with Hellsau last night is any indication.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BadLlama
Jan 13, 2006

The missions are retarded and the game is much better if you just ignore that they exist.

Also AW missed their Q1 Beta testing launch but there doesn't seem to be outrage which really surprises me.