Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Cat Machine
Jun 18, 2008

Manatee Cannon posted:

the best team up is still zoro+usopp in enies lobby
usopp and chopper in alabasta imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

victoria concordia crescit

Manatee Cannon posted:

the best team up is still zoro+usopp in enies lobby

I love that after Zoro got over the initial shock of being handcuffed to Usopp (and wanting to cut off one of their hands to escape) he came up with a new sword name for the Usopp + Yubashiri combo: Hana Arashi (e.g. Nose Storm, and pun on Flower Storm where "Hana" in Japanese can be read as nose or flower).

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

RealFoxy posted:

Oda's really good at not using generic fights though, there's a lot of people who can beat "Unbeatable" opponents like Usopp being so negative that Perona's ghosts did nothing to him, or Luffy's innate ability to resist electricity so Enel had to get more creative. It's not just sword-pushing or over-using the same ability

This is one of the many reason I dislike Dressrosa - The Kyros v Diamante fight

He beat Diamante by just hitting him harder than he was hitting him earlier.

Star Platinum
May 5, 2010
Diamante's neat DF power was kind of underutilized too.

Bisse
Jun 26, 2005

DeadBonesBrook posted:

He beat Diamante by just hitting him harder than he was hitting him earlier.
You're reading the manga where the main character inflates his bones and muscles so he can punch harder and win fights.

DeadBonesBrook
May 31, 2011

How do you do, fellow Regis?

Bisse posted:

You're reading the manga where the main character inflates his bones and muscles so he can punch harder and win fights.

At least he's doing something to make himself stronger; Kyros won in the most boring way possible (depriving us of a Robin fight while doing so) and there is nothing worse for a character to be in One Piece than boring.

A Single Sphink
Feb 10, 2004

COMICS CRIMINAL

Kyros peaked when he cut his own leg off to get at Doflamingo.

Julias
Jun 24, 2012

Strum in a harmonizing quartet
I want to cause a revolution

What can I do? My savage
nature is beyond wild
Shame on people forgetting the Usopp+Chopper fight against Mr. 4, Miss Mery Christmas, and Gundog, the Gun that ate a devil fruit.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Umm, that majestic creature has a name. Not sure what it is, but yeah.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

i think it's doggachlio

Teriyaki Koinku
Nov 25, 2008

Bread! Bread! Bread!

Bread! BREAD! BREAD!
Best animal DF-user of all-time is Alpacacino and nobody will tell me otherwise. :colbert:

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

I liked Funkfreed more, even if his owner is a huge rear end in a top hat :colbert:

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Funkfreed is one of One Piece's greatest treasures and Zoro not replacing that one sword that got broken with him is a shame.

Advice
Feb 17, 2007

Je veux ton amour
Et je veux ton revanche
Je veux ton amour
I don't wanna be friends
Kyros was a badass monster when he oneshot a Dofybot but then he never got to do anything cool ever again. Even Luffy took some time to take a DB out, but suddenly Kyros can't even take on Diamante without someone watching Rebecca?

Edit: Are you guys loving kidding me? You forgot Lassoo's name??

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Kyros should have never become a man. He was an infinitely more interesting and engaging character as Thunder Soldier.

Sub Harrison
May 2, 2013

I loved Kyros because no one mentioned how he was walking with only 1 foot for like 30 chapters.

Quaint Quail Quilt
Jun 19, 2006

Ask me about that time I told people mixing bleach and vinegar is okay
The worst part about the anime was it didn't accentuate Robbins blood loss over defending Rebecca , apparently that was a pretty major for Robin fight and it was totally glossed over.

Veskit
Mar 2, 2005

I love capitalism!! DM me for the best investing advice!
Basically one piece is 65% done and this is all we're getting

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/daily-briefs/2016-07-20/one-piece-manga-creator-eiichiro-oda-story-is-about-65-percent-finished/.104500

QuantaStarFire
May 18, 2006

Grimey Drawer
Tragically short, only 1280 chapters long. :( Looking forward to the final storyline sometime in 2025, wrapping up 2 years later. :P

QuantaStarFire fucked around with this message at 16:08 on Jul 20, 2016

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

5% progress in 4 years, huh? That's, uh, promising! Lots of One Piece to come.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

rest in peace oda's mech manga. too beautiful for this sin filled world

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

DU WIRST NIEMALS ALLEINE MARSCHIEREN
he just makes up random numbers when it comes to % completed lol. there's probably a good few major storylines left that'll each take ages

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool

tbp posted:

he just makes up random numbers when it comes to % completed lol. there's probably a good few major storylines left that'll each take ages

we have like what, 2 yonko, the end war, and an ending at the very absolute least.

with that number, theres probably at least two more arcs in there. so blackbeard probably gets his own arc, and the marines/world nobles will get a separate arc from the war i bet.

Krampus Grewcock
Aug 26, 2010

Gruss vom Krampus!
SJ editors pressure him into revealing 12 new pirate lords that run Raftel, each with a crew of characters with interesting back stories.

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

Krampus Grewcock posted:

SJ editors pressure him into revealing 12 new pirate lords that run Raftel, each with a crew of characters with interesting back stories.

Or, as some would call it, pulling an anti-Kubo.

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

anime was right posted:

we have like what, 2 yonko, the end war, and an ending at the very absolute least.

with that number, theres probably at least two more arcs in there. so blackbeard probably gets his own arc, and the marines/world nobles will get a separate arc from the war i bet.

yeah the ones that are like set in stone would be
arc vs blackbeard
current arc vs big mom
arc vs kaido
arc vs the government

some of these will be woven into the above, but could realistically be their own story
raftel exploration etc
something vs shanks, friendly
arc vs weevil
arc vs mihawk
elbaf
all blue

dordreff
Jul 16, 2013

tbp posted:

yeah the ones that are like set in stone would be
arc vs blackbeard
current arc vs big mom
arc vs kaido
arc vs the government

some of these will be woven into the above, but could realistically be their own story
raftel exploration etc
something vs shanks, friendly
arc vs weevil
arc vs mihawk
elbaf
all blue

I'm guessing Mihawk will be involved in the Shanks story, and Weeble will turn up and start causing problems for both sides in one of the Yonko story arcs. And they need to do something with the Revolutionaries as well, but that'll probably be part of the Blackbeard arc.

Doctor_Fruitbat
Jun 2, 2013

65% sounds about right. If we assume the timeskip was the halfway point, then part way into the fourth arc of the New World sounds right.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
shanks being beaten by blackbeard and them meeting up at elbaf after so Usopp's adventure is done in a single arc could speed things up. would also give for sure the best party chapter

tbp
Mar 1, 2008

dordreff posted:

I'm guessing Mihawk will be involved in the Shanks story, and Weeble will turn up and start causing problems for both sides in one of the Yonko story arcs. And they need to do something with the Revolutionaries as well, but that'll probably be part of the Blackbeard arc.

i agree with those ideas definitely, weeble in particular feels like he'll be attached to a storyline. i hope he comes back in soon, interesting character

LanceKing2200
Mar 27, 2007
Brilliant!!
I would be very surprised if the reunion with Shanks wasn't:

-Crew arrives at Raftel
-Blackbeard is already there/approaching the island
-Shanks and crew are defending the island from Blackbeard
-Luffy's arrival distracts Shanks enough for BB to make a lethal/fight ending blow
-Luffy freaks out and attacks BB, who retreats to the island and starts the Raftel arc of both crews racing for One Piece

This creates a nice mirror with the beginning of the series where Luffy is the cause of Shanks being hurt, but now he is strong enough to do something about it. I doubt Shanks would really die, but it would knock him out of the fight only to make a recovery just in time for the end of series celebration.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Mihawk definitely won't take up an arc on his own. The whole point is for Zoro to solo him, which gives nothing for the rest of the crew to do, and he famously doesn't have a crew. He'll be a sideshow in a Mariejois arc, I reckon.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Mihawk surely has to go on the end of the series after they beat blackbeard otherwise he's failed his promise to zoro or the fight with shiliew is rather anti-climactic

anime was right
Jun 27, 2008

death is certain
keep yr cool
mihawk losing to shiliew still makes the most sense so he can fight shiliew for the title

shiliew

i hate that name

edit: and he gets the diamond fruit

Shoren
Apr 6, 2011

He'll surely retain his Warlord status until the end of the manga since he's got the least amount of controversy surrounding him of the whole group. As such, I'm betting we'll see him show up to Mariejois for the final showdown like he was at Marineford for the Summit War.

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Mihawk said he'd be waiting at the top and even was willing to train zoro it would be lame as gently caress if he lost to shiliew first

Sinners Sandwich
Jan 4, 2012

Give me your friend's BURGERS and SANDWICHES, I'll put out the fire.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Get this away from me.

Countblanc
Apr 20, 2005

Help a hero out!

Oh hell yeah.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

I actually hate you for putting this in front of my eyeballs