Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
First Play Build
Turtle
No Shield Melee
Caster
Kaz, what should I do. Tell me like you used to
View Results

• Locked thread
Boomstick Quaid
Jan 28, 2009

Peep the soul stream sorcery description

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

In Training posted:

The boss at the top of the castle made me sad to look at, out of pity. Now that's powerful

the princes ? lol I died like 50 times there and im not sad to look at them at all. if I ever hear the "you can stay here too, if you like..." voice clip again ill punch a fuckin wall

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Soral posted:

soul stream item description is a very tenuous link but the title and worldview match up so lore guys cling to it

oh i just watched vaatividyas interpretation of that this morning, check it out if youre interested
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aAxJQTG0SII

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

goferchan posted:

the princes ? lol I died like 50 times there and im not sad to look at them at all. if I ever hear the "you can stay here too, if you like..." voice clip again ill punch a fuckin wall

I've only died once or twice to every boss so far outside of nameless who kicked my rear end quite a bit so far. Prince seem doable but I only tried once

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

i was annoyed by how easy the early &mid-game bosses were, but now i just keep my weapons less upgraded and stay lower level and it evens out

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

i think its less that theyre easy and more that ppl have been playing souls for 8+ years

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

It's a shame they reverted to souls health bar sizes after Bloodborne was pretty perfectly tuned

a clown
Oct 13, 2012

by Smythe

In Training posted:

It's a shame they reverted to souls health bar sizes after Bloodborne was pretty perfectly tuned

bb is a better designed game all around

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

INRI's posts where he bitched that pontiff was easy trash and then posted a vid that looked like this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfo_sbhI5oY

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002

Bobnumerotres posted:

INRI's posts where he bitched that pontiff was easy trash and then posted a vid that looked like this

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

In Training posted:

NG+ and ++ barely increases their health, if at all. on +2 i skipped right to dancer and melted her in under a minute, it kind of blows. but otherwise the game is pretty perfect

a clown
Oct 13, 2012

by Smythe

Bobnumerotres posted:

NG+ and ++ barely increases their health, if at all. on +2 i skipped right to dancer and melted her in under a minute, it kind of blows. but otherwise the game is pretty perfect

the From way is that the biggest gap is ng to ng+ and it means only the 2nd half is noticeably harder

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Bobnumerotres posted:

Lol

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Dark souls 2 taught me to use a strike weapon because 90% of the enemies and bosses are guys wearing armor so they're weak to strike and it turned to be true in ds3 as well :/

a clown
Oct 13, 2012

by Smythe
dks2 is a bad game

Soral
May 30, 2009

dark souls 2 is a good game actually, its just not as good as any other souls game

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

After playing scholar of the first sin I really do think it sucks and I never wanna play it again

Soral
May 30, 2009

i got platinum on both versions of dark souls 2 in addition to every other souls game and it was a fine and enjoyable experience from start to finish and the types of people who say its bad because it doesnt stack up to literal masterpieces are the same people who insist mario 64 sucks because it doesnt look pretty anymore

a clown
Oct 13, 2012

by Smythe

Soral posted:

dark souls 2 is a good game actually, its just not as good as any other souls game

it sucks dicks and is loving awful and youre gay

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Soral posted:

i got platinum on both versions of dark souls 2 in addition to every other souls game and it was a fine and enjoyable experience from start to finish and the types of people who say its bad because it doesnt stack up to literal masterpieces are the same people who insist mario 64 sucks because it doesnt look pretty anymore

Mario 64 kicks rear end and 75% of dark souls II really sucks

Soral
May 30, 2009

a clown posted:

it sucks dicks and is loving awful and youre gay

and? bitch

a clown
Oct 13, 2012

by Smythe

Soral posted:

and? bitch

well thats it

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I think the most damning thing about dark souls II is that you can get a +9 weapon in like 3 hours without even optimizing routes or anything g

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Hes a liar as well.

Soral
May 30, 2009

dark souls 2 is good, and so is pokemon gold and silver, and also mario sunshine is good too. dont quote me with weak flames

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Alright Mr. Fire Pack.

fuepi
Feb 6, 2011

by FactsAreUseless
It looks like they stole all of the animations and shaders and world design in Dark souls 2 from Bethesda circa Oblivion.

a clown
Oct 13, 2012

by Smythe

pon alien posted:

It looks like they stole all of the animations and shaders and world design in Dark souls 2 from Bethesda circa Oblivion.

if they took the textures and thought, lets take away normals and make them lovely and the player who likes it is gay

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

the zelda cycle but now it's whether dark souls 2 is good or bad

Dejan Bimble
Mar 24, 2008

we're all black friends
Plaster Town Cop
The worst part of demons souls is no pre boss bonfires, so you have to run through the whole level to get to the boss. But you can cheese nearly every boss with a bow as a tradeoff.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

In Training posted:

The run at the top of castle Lothric is some boletaria palace level of knights and fuckers

i luv the big climb up the castle and the periodic vistas. great example of big videogame tower

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Dejan Bimble posted:

The worst part of demons souls is no pre boss bonfires, so you have to run through the whole level to get to the boss. But you can cheese nearly every boss with a bow as a tradeoff.

yea, tho i still recommend fighting them properly. theres usually a quick-ish way to get to the boss, the only really annoying one i can think of is the last boss of boletaria.

I.N.R.I
May 26, 2011

Bobnumerotres posted:

cmon haha... heheh. its my fav ds3 boss anyway . i just think it couldve been a little more forceful about how youre expected to fight it, like maybe u could have it so the clone is invincible while it spawns or something.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

In Training posted:

I think the most damning thing about dark souls II is that you can get a +9 weapon in like 3 hours without even optimizing routes or anything g

you can do the same in 3.

Kild
Apr 24, 2010

Soral posted:

soul stream item description is a very tenuous link but the title and worldview match up so lore guys cling to it

ppl looked at the original japanese and it's not the same "scholar" as the "scholar" used to refer to aldia.

extremebuff
Jun 20, 2010

Kild posted:

you can do the same in 3.

no you cant, unless you can get past a dancer that can oneshot you and has an hour's worth of hp

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I.N.R.I posted:

i luv the big climb up the castle and the periodic vistas. great example of big videogame tower

Took a moment at the top to look back over the horizon and appreciate my journey

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

OH my god the final boss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

That's the best way to end the series for sure. Haven't seen the actual end cinematic or anything but thematically that fight is perfect, and fun

• Locked thread