Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

VJeff posted:

Dolph is a name at least at the level of Cody when he left and probably higher than that, if he went out on the market, he'd probably get over and he'd probably make money for other people. Something WWE has shown a pretty great aversion to allowing to happen recently, see also: Neville.

I can't speak to the guy's motivations outside WWE because I don't know them but if he left WWE and kept wrestling, I think it's fairly self-evident he'd be successful.

WWE isn't going to pay a career midcarder more than people like Roman Reigns. Also: Rey Mysterio is working NJPW right before Wrestlemania.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

VJeff posted:

tbh that doesn't sound all that impossible to me. Dolph was gonna leave and they threw main eventer money at him to stop him from going somewhere else.

Having said that, this sounds...pretty farfetched.

Other sources say Dolph was never going anywhere.

Also Neville is a more unique situation because they’re trying to punish him for how it went down.

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR

DarkstarIV posted:

WWE isn't going to pay a career midcarder more than people like Roman Reigns. Also: Rey Mysterio is working NJPW right before Wrestlemania.

Pretty sure Roman makes north of 2mil a year, so, they wouldn't be?

Le Saboteur
Dec 5, 2007

I hear you wish to ball, adventurer..
We all know Roman is hitting that pay window on the reg, brother.

SatoshiMiwa
May 6, 2007

Reminder that as part of Justin's report he said Dolph would be able to get many 5 star matches with Okada!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

barrasso is worse than shoemaker

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Super No Vacancy posted:

barrasso is worse than shoemaker

Whoa now. Let’s not get crazy here

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN
is shoemaker really in the business of landing scoops though, i thought he just wrote think pieces about what it would be like if gorgeous george had a twitter account or whatever it is they write about on the ringer

oatgan
Jan 15, 2009

barasso stinks because he is a stooge, actually

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

shoemaker can at least write sentences that make sense on a first read

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

PWI says that while yes they've been negotiating with Rey, he was not in LA last night.

Midnightghoul
Oct 1, 2003

COME ON DON'T BE SCURRED
I can't wait for Cena to call out the Undertaker again and Rey comes out instead

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Midnightghoul posted:

I can't wait for Cena to call out the Undertaker again and Rey comes out instead

It'll be John Cena vs Undertaker, but Taker will have possessed Rey's body.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

Just have Rey do one of his famous cosplay entrances, and have him cosplay as the Undertaker. Bam problem solved.

Professor Funk
Aug 4, 2008

WE ALL KNOW WHAT NEEDS TO HAPPEN

DarkstarIV posted:

It'll be John Cena vs Undertaker, but Taker will have possessed Rey's body.

I'd give almost anything to have the gong hit and for Rey Mysterio, wearing a trenchoat, to do the Undertaker's entire entrance

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
John Cena. You will.....rest...in...peace...

BOOYAKA BOOYAKA 619

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Aphrodite posted:

PWI says that while yes they've been negotiating with Rey, he was not in LA last night.

He was at the house show on the 26th

https://www.instagram.com/p/BfsQepJDSsL/

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Rey Mysterio vs. Jushin Thunder Liger and Rey Mysterio vs. John Cena less than a month apart. That'd really be something.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
If only WWE viewed Rey on the Cena opponent at Wrestlemania level. Would have been paid and treated a lot better over the years.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Oh, but remember all their legendary main event matches? Like when Cena beat Rey for the title after Rey held it for like 90 seconds!

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010

Gaz-L posted:

Oh, but remember all their legendary main event matches? Like when Cena beat Rey for the title after Rey held it for like 90 seconds!

In fairness, wasn't that match pretty good?

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

El Gallinero Gros posted:

In fairness, wasn't that match pretty good?

Yeah, but it's always (understandably) overshadowed by the dumb circumstances the match happened in, and the fact that Punk came back immediately after

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

Shoemaker is definitely not a scoopsman and has never claimed to be. He'll comment on rumors but doesn't generate any himself.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

Yea Shoemaker’s thing is being self important while including incorrect details that could easily be looked up by someone who wasn’t lazy

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Not really a shock, but Ciampa is at Full Sail tonight.

https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/971536550860386305

Oh look its world famous masked luchador Senor Wrestling. Also Pete Dunne and Roddy Strong replaced Mustache Mountain in the Dusty Classic. They are facing off against Lorcan and Burch.

Speaking of which:

Dunne and Strong def. Lorcan and Burch to advance.

Ember Moon def. Aliyah (Shayna was on commentary for the match)

Raul Mendoza was jumped by Almas before a match could start.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 01:25 on Mar 8, 2018

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

So Roddy is probably losing to Cedrick.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Almas cut a promo in the ring, no one could really understand what he was saying.

Anyways: https://twitter.com/JJWilliamsWON/status/971543787397935104

Cole def. Ohno.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 01:43 on Mar 8, 2018

Down Right Fierce
Jan 30, 2011
Loser leaves town and comes back immediately in a mask is extremely my poo poo.

Kawalimus
Jan 17, 2008

Better Living Through Birding And Pessimism

Professor Funk posted:

I'd give almost anything to have the gong hit and for Rey Mysterio, wearing a trenchoat, to do the Undertaker's entire entrance

Didn't shawn michaels do that when he was in DX? Funny stuff.

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
Hey look at that, a midcard title.

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/971548040208306176

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/971548161918595073

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/971549357060313088

Ladder match for the title!!! 6 Pack Challenge.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 01:53 on Mar 8, 2018

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Are they actually using the EC3 name or is that a placeholder for people who don't remember Derrick Bateman

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Benne posted:

Are they actually using the EC3 name or is that a placeholder for people who don't remember Derrick Bateman

They are actually using the EC3 name.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The online crew told me his announced name was E.C. "Three" Broggle, and is likely to be a transitional thing, shorted to just Broggle after this show

MJeff
Jun 2, 2011

THE LIAR
Let's go Broggle

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
AOP defeated Street Profits to advance in the Dusty Classic.

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:

DarkstarIV posted:

AOP defeated Street Profits to advance in the Dusty Classic.

galaxy brain: TUE has to drop the title due to Fish's injury, finals is for the title, Mustache Mountain def. AOP at TakeOver

ugh I just really don't want them to run AOP vs Sanity again in 2018

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
You better pray that Dunne/Strong manage to pull off the upset then.

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/971553001877004289

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Did they announce why Moustache Mountain were out? And I'm not happy about the midcard belt. Either use the UK belt for that or leave poo poo as-is. Takeovers have been pretty set at five matches and I don't see what adding a 4th belt does that having 2 guys fight for a blood feud or #1 contender spot does. Plus it makes it less likely that the remaining spot goes to the women, which was one of the things that made the women's division work and seem important. (I know they haven't really done this since Asuka won the title, but still)

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST

Gaz-L posted:

Did they announce why Moustache Mountain were out? And I'm not happy about the midcard belt. Either use the UK belt for that or leave poo poo as-is. Takeovers have been pretty set at five matches and I don't see what adding a 4th belt does that having 2 guys fight for a blood feud or #1 contender spot does. Plus it makes it less likely that the remaining spot goes to the women, which was one of the things that made the women's division work and seem important. (I know they haven't really done this since Asuka won the title, but still)

Apparently Bate may have suffered some sort of injury at an event over the weekend? At least that's what rumors are saying.

https://twitter.com/MrJacobCohen/status/971555909653663750

:toot:

Lars Sullivan def. Jon Silver. To the shock of no one.

DarkstarIV fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Mar 8, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

abraham linksys
Sep 6, 2010

:darksouls:
yeah!!! yeah!!!!!!!

i don't love the midcard belt for nxt but honestly in a world where they refuse to let the nxt championship change hands as often as they should for a developmental title, i guess i'm okay with it

they should have just made it a full-on tv title and made it not defended at takeovers or something