Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: weg, Toxic Mental)

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

cr0y posted:

Because when their arguments start resonating with average people who just want to not constantly burn the gently caress out of their food they start voting in chud ways.

Nothing CHUDS say is resonating with people.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

McCoyPauley
Aug 29, 2021
Lol at the stove derail

We as a country don't give a poo poo about bullet holes in children, why would any of us care about those little shits having easily preventable asthma?

Anyway, lol Trimpe

ColdPie
Jun 9, 2006

Totbot posted:

Who the gently caress care what chuds say?

We regulate things based on public health all the time. If gas stoves are bad for public health, we should regulate it. Lead was good for burning gasoline and asbestos for a lot of things. Better not regulate those either cause chuds might say something.

It can be the right thing to do, and still have downsides that people rightly dislike. Telling people the downsides don't exist isn't going to win them over.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Derpmph trial star reporter!

https://www.axios.com/2024/03/28/rnc-struggles-swing-states-biden

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

cr0y posted:

Everyone saying "You don't need a gas stove, this clearly inferior product is fine, you aren't a chef and don't even know how to cook anyways so just listen and play along and don't complain" are literally being the exact people chuds say we are.

Many people here are pointing out all the ways that induction is superior

UltraShame
Nov 6, 2006

Vocabulum.

Cocaine Bear posted:

Oh, wait...

Okay, I get it now. Gas is the only way to go.

I’m the Anton-Chigurh-blown-out lock tumbler

notwithoutmyanus
Mar 17, 2009
I have enough gas of my own, who needs it for cooking anything other than meth? :bahgawd:

I actually get a stuffy nose from when we cook with our gas stove and will be swapping to electric. poo poo is up there with lead paint & gas as something harmful, get the gently caress over it nerds.

Totbot
Oct 4, 2013

cr0y posted:

Because when their arguments start resonating with average people who just want to not constantly burn the gently caress out of their food they start voting in chud ways.

Lol, god drat. People will start voting chud cause electric stoves are too hard to use? Apparently those of us with electric stoves are just burning our food left and right?

Just, man. The things goons say in this thread.

cynic
Jan 19, 2004

I cook all the time, learned to cook on gas, and induction is good, works better in some ways with my cast iron and carbon steel cookware, and although I have a large high btu outdoor gas burner for my wok, I haven't used it for 2 years or so. Although lol I have a wood burning pizza oven outside too, I can pollute with the best of 'em.

Scipiotik
Mar 2, 2004

"I would have won the race but for that."
I went induction. It's basically magic.

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

ColdPie posted:

It can be the right thing to do, and still have downsides that people rightly dislike. Telling people the downsides don't exist isn't going to win them over.

Never mind the fact that pretty much all the studies that link gas stoves to health problems in children are observational, and as such cannot directly link the stoves as a causal factor.

And the few studies that actually followed subjects over time couldn't find any link between the two.

Dwesa
Jul 19, 2016

Maybe I'll go where I can see stars
I have induction stove because I didn't want Russian gas (and electricity comes mostly from nuclear plants).

Scags McDouglas
Sep 9, 2012

Frank Frank posted:

Ok but at a base level, buying a company's stock is underwritten by a belief that the company is a good investment and will grow in value over time (unless you're shorting I guess). I just don't see why anyone would think that Truth Social is going to be a big moneymaker. Near as I can figure, it's a NFT-adjacent pump-and-dump deal where the people who get in early hype it up then unload everything and the people who came after are left holding the bag.

I'm glad you're doing the heavy lifting here 'cause I feel the exact same way. It boggles the mind to imagine how that platform could ever grow, become more profitable and satisfy the shareholders. It's literally one guy posting and getting a tiny number of impressions. If he dies (which would be hilarious), Truth Social is gone overnight. It's like the least risk-diversified investment in history.

CommieGIR
Aug 22, 2006

The blue glow is a feature, not a bug

Pillbug

Scipiotik posted:

I went induction. It's basically magic.

That'll what we get next, my only thing is I hate the glass tops, seen a few shatter.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Gas stove, electric stove, who gives a poo poo?

Just throw everything into an air fryer. Boom you’re done and Captain Planet will give you a kiss.

cr0y
Mar 24, 2005

Totbot posted:

Lol, god drat. People will start voting chud cause electric stoves are too hard to use? Apparently those of us with electric stoves are just burning our food left and right?

Just, man. The things goons say in this thread.

Yes Americans are extremely stupid welcome to the Donald Trump (Former and possibly future president of the United States) thread.

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Scags McDouglas posted:

I'm glad you're doing the heavy lifting here 'cause I feel the exact same way. It boggles the mind to imagine how that platform could ever grow, become more profitable and satisfy the shareholders. It's literally one guy posting and getting a tiny number of impressions. If he dies (which would be hilarious), Truth Social is gone overnight. It's like the least diversified investment in history.

It's not about investing in the future, it's about funding the cult leader or trying to grift money off people funding the cult leader. Everyone knows that Trump's going to cash in on this poo poo as soon as he can, and are trying to make bank off the stock before it crashes.

Gros Tarla
Dec 30, 2008

Accipiter posted:

Never mind the fact that pretty much all the studies that link gas stoves to health problems in children are observational, and as such cannot directly link the stoves as a causal factor.

And the few studies that actually followed subjects over time couldn't find any link between the two.

Are we really putting into question the effects of combustion in an enclosed space ITT

Squiggle
Sep 29, 2002

I don't think she likes the special sauce, Rick.

Way to blow it nite krew

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

cr0y posted:

Gas stoves are not loving safe! They do more harm to both your health and to the environment then other stoves! They are more of a risk to asplode your loving house! If you are constantly burning your food on other types of stoves you are probably too fuckin stupid to be allowed to own a gas stove either!

Totbot
Oct 4, 2013
Yup. Americans stupid. Any regulation means chuds win forever.

Which is why chuds won in 2018, 2020, and 2022.

emSparkly
Nov 21, 2022

I'm open to interpretation!
gently caress stoves. I’ll go off the grid and cook everything over a fire like god intended.

bemusedchunk
May 10, 2021

Totbot posted:

Yup. Americans stupid. Any regulation means chuds win forever.

Which is why chuds won in 2018, 2020, and 2022.

REGULATIONS BAD!
FREEDOM GOOD!

Frank Frank
Jun 13, 2001

Mirrored

kazil posted:

It's not about investing in the future, it's about funding the cult leader or trying to grift money off people funding the cult leader. Everyone knows that Trump's going to cash in on this poo poo as soon as he can, and are trying to make bank off the stock before it crashes.

Right so:

Frank Frank posted:

it's a NFT-adjacent pump-and-dump deal where the people who get in early hype it up then unload everything and the people who came after are left holding the bag.

That's what I figured. Was hoping I wasn't missing something.

Monica Bellucci
Dec 14, 2022
I would simply order out :smuggo:

kazil
Jul 24, 2005

Monica Bellucci posted:

I would simply order out :smuggo:

Door Dash is praxis

Accipiter
Jan 24, 2004

SINATRA.

tek79
Jun 16, 2008

Totbot posted:

99.9% of Americans can’t cook anywhere near the level where there is any significant difference between electric/gas/what ever the gently caress.

This. To add: every person I've known who would get huffy about having to use an electric stove vs gas has also been a super lovely cook that's more focused on little technical details rather than establishing any real talent to make something that people want to actually eat and will remember. Not saying goons in this thread who cook with gas are lovely cooks, just that if you're a home cook just looking to entertain sometimes or just feed your family an electric is perfectly fine.

Anyway. All Hannity was doing in that clip was what he's always done: invent ways to scare stupid elderly people into voting (R) so they don't notice when Republicans rip Social Security and Medicare away from them.

tek79 fucked around with this message at 14:50 on Mar 28, 2024

Ringo Star Get
Sep 18, 2006

JUST FUCKING TAKE OFF ALREADY, SHIT

I loving hate Illinois Nazis.

Lazyfire
Feb 4, 2006

God saves. Satan Invests

Scags McDouglas posted:

I'm glad you're doing the heavy lifting here 'cause I feel the exact same way. It boggles the mind to imagine how that platform could ever grow, become more profitable and satisfy the shareholders. It's literally one guy posting and getting a tiny number of impressions. If he dies (which would be hilarious), Truth Social is gone overnight. It's like the least risk-diversified investment in history.

I think part of the price is the SPAC that Truth merged with just having the money and giving the shares a base level price on day one and then when Truth ended up on the stock market a lot of J6 types bought stock the way they buy his NFTs or shoes. I do wonder if there's a level of serious investors who are thinking they'll buy early and hoping that this ends up being Twitter 2.0: A social media company that never turns a profit but has a stock that performs well despite that. They're stupid if they think that's happening, this was clearly done as a way to funnel money to Trump from the start.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

mobby_6kl posted:

Induction supremacy.

To avoid repeating these arguments, I would rather question the premise. That we can't ban gas stoves because cooking "enthusiasts" will get mad makes as much sense as not having fuel efficiency standards because of V8 fanboys or gun laws because of operator cosplayers. Tough poo poo.

Totally on board with all this. I'm just saying it sucks to have to have this discussion in an election year, as Hannity is going to make sure we do.

No I don't have a better suggestion

Mons Hubris
Aug 29, 2004

fanci flup :)

cr0y posted:

Skill issue

DemihumanResources
Apr 16, 2019

Just let me frob some dang bits already
here, I believe this should settle the matter

ascii genitals
Aug 19, 2000

the only thing a gas stove can do better than an induction stove is heat up a knife to do drugs with

h3r0n
Dec 22, 2005

DemihumanResources posted:

StrangersInTheNight
Dec 31, 2007
ABSOLUTE FUCKING GUDGEON
They've done it, the bastards. They've actually got us arguing about gas stoves.

bad_fmr
Nov 28, 2007

Gas stove enthusiasts are the coal rollers of the nerd world.

ncumbered_by_idgits
Sep 20, 2008

Is this Nick Fuentes? Because if it is, it's the first time I've seen him. He definitely looks like someone I would want to model myself after.

weg
Jun 6, 2006

Reassisted Retrogression

DemihumanResources posted:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Don't tease me, sweetheart.