Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

Can Tarantino please make Inglorious Rebels for us please.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

boxen
Feb 20, 2011

xzzy posted:

The troops on foot would appreciate the fences being made irrelevant. :colbert:

But I have questions about the defending force that strung up fences as a defensive option in a universe with spaceships and laser swords.

A dude on a speeder bike hitting a fence at speed would not have a happy time.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

HootTheOwl posted:

"Fence-cutting blades"
Just loling at the idea of the chicken walker going around kicking barbed wire.

I suppose if the fence was tall enough they could be tripped, as well. Like cutting a speeder's grapple line thingy.

xzzy
Mar 5, 2009

boxen posted:

A dude on a speeder bike hitting a fence at speed would not have a happy time.

If that's why the AT-ST have fence cutting toes, then maybe they should make chainsaw shin guards so speeder bikes stop cratering on trees.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?

xzzy posted:

maybe they should make chainsaw shin guards
Obviously yes, and you don't even need to give a reason

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

xzzy posted:

The troops on foot would appreciate the fences being made irrelevant. :colbert:

But I have questions about the defending force that strung up fences as a defensive option in a universe with spaceships and laser swords.

I’d have more questions about the attacking force that thought using speeder bikes on a heavily forested planet was a good idea.

Dogen
May 5, 2002

Bury my body down by the highwayside, so that my old evil spirit can get a Greyhound bus and ride

Carbohydrates posted:

Obviously yes, and you don't even need to give a reason

Sir we've developed some laser shin guards-

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

I’d have more questions about the attacking force that thought using speeder bikes on a heavily forested planet was a good idea.

Well its not like they have slower bikes

jassi007
Aug 9, 2006

mmmmm.. burger...

xzzy posted:

Can Tarantino please make Inglorious Rebels for us please.

Screen testing went poorly. Takes to long to carve the empire symbol on someone's forehead. Also bowie saber-knives look dumb.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

jassi007 posted:

Also bowie saber-knives look dumb.

Disagree

HootTheOwl
May 13, 2012

Hootin and shootin
I know why it's there. It's just a funny image of the big bad walker comming up to a trip wire and then just kinda nudging it with it's foot.

Also in the new trilogy those ape-walker things had razors on the legs for tow cables.

Sloppy
Apr 25, 2003

Imagination will often carry us to worlds that never were. But without it we go nowhere.

I'm selling a big ol' pile of 80s/90s Town sets and bulk in SA-Mart if anyone is interested! OBO, need my dining table back before the family descends for the holidays.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
Nice collection. It's only a few years before my prime years otherwise I'm sure it would tug at my nostalgia strings hard enough for me to buy something.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
VIP weekend starts in 30 mins, in case you forgot. The new stuff is still OOS, though.

Carbohydrates
Nov 22, 2006

Listen, Mr. Kansas Law Dog.
Law don't go around here.
Savvy?
Scored me that li'l vintage camera, but now I have no idea what to buy. There's really nothing I need. Oh well, I guess I have a little while to figure it out.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

I hadn't gotten the City Gardens yet so I went for that to mega points.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag
I grabbed the camera too. There’s nothing I want right now (other than the Titanic, so lol) but there’s a few sets my kid wants so should be able to rack up some decent double points.

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
I have been able to limit my impulse purchases to the Christmas sets as I would one day like to set up a Lego Christmas town for the holidays. Coincidentally the Santa's Visit set just so happened to come back in stock this morning and welp, welcome to the bin of other sets I keep in a storage unit!

Asnorban
Jun 13, 2003

Professor Gavelsmoke

I made the mistake of holding off on Diagonal Alley for my wife for a VIP weekend and it is out of stock. Boo.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I just realized I must have two VIP accounts and the one currently associated with my account is the old (?) one and hasn't been getting my points/purchases. Does anyone know how to change this? I have my "new" number from recent purchases but can't figure out a way to change it on lego.com.

Cloks
Feb 1, 2013

by Azathoth

bird with big dick posted:

I just realized I must have two VIP accounts and the one currently associated with my account is the old (?) one and hasn't been getting my points/purchases. Does anyone know how to change this? I have my "new" number from recent purchases but can't figure out a way to change it on lego.com.

I'm also interested in this. I've basically given up on using VIP points because I can't figure out how to reconcile the two accounts.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I couldn't find a way to fix it so did a chat and it told me they were too busy so it supposedly took my info and will email me about it.

I've got two years worth of points that are on an account not associated with my lego.com account. My old VIP account has a different email than my lego.com and the new VIP has the right/same email so hopefully they'll straighten it out. There's gotta be a shitload of points on there I always let them pile up because I forget about them but was going to use some today and realized it says I only have 589 points instead of like 50,000 or something which is probably closer to what it should be.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe
I might be dumb but where are yall finding finding vintage camera? Can't seem to locate it on the site.

BAGS FLY AT NOON
Apr 6, 2011

A Soft Nylon Bag

Fingers McLongDong posted:

I might be dumb but where are yall finding finding vintage camera? Can't seem to locate it on the site.

VIP Rewards Section.

Fingers McLongDong
Nov 30, 2005

not eromenos
Fun Shoe

Bags Fly at Noon posted:

VIP Rewards Section.

I see it now, thanks!

Dogen
May 5, 2002

bird with big dick posted:

I couldn't find a way to fix it so did a chat and it told me they were too busy so it supposedly took my info and will email me about it.

I've got two years worth of points that are on an account not associated with my lego.com account. My old VIP account has a different email than my lego.com and the new VIP has the right/same email so hopefully they'll straighten it out. There's gotta be a shitload of points on there I always let them pile up because I forget about them but was going to use some today and realized it says I only have 589 points instead of like 50,000 or something which is probably closer to what it should be.

This happened to me when they started the dumb new system and the local store manager actually fixed it with someone on the phone for me. Pain in the rear end.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I had a weird thing happen with my order. I used paypal, and when I hit continue on paypal, lego just completed the order. No checkbox to confirm. No place your order button. I just hit continue on the paypal popup and went to another window to check something. When I came back the order was completed.

I was considering stopping it because my local store got home alone in stock and I wanted to look at it again because I am kind of on the fence. Never seen this happen before. I know I can call them to cancel but it is still strange and a headache if I change my mind.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."
The redeeming vouchers bit is still a big pain in the rear end. You used to be able to just get money off as you were checking out in store, now you have to go online, buy a voucher, then get a barcode to redeem that, and it’s so much more hassle.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

Ordered the Double Decker Bus and R2-D2, thanks Mrs. Doctor for patiently waiting for me to decide what I wanted for my birthday.

Futanari Damacy
Oct 30, 2021

by sebmojo
San Francisco is retiring I think? Wonder if it'll come back in stock before disappearing entirely. I have some points to use up and I don't necessarily feel like waiting for the SC Countach etc. next year.

deoju
Jul 11, 2004

All the pieces matter.
Nap Ghost
I read rumors of some more Stranger Things sets. A D2C set, brickheadz 2 pack, demogorgon keychain.

Hope that d2c is a good one.

RatHat
Dec 31, 2007

A tiny behatted rat👒🐀!
Oh, the Ship in a Bottle set is officially retired now. Glad I got it while I could but if you want one you can probably get it from Bricklink before the price goes up too high

WorldIndustries
Dec 21, 2004

uh oh, I clicked redeem points for the camera and it subtracted the 2000, but the set is out of stock. I hope they can refund me those points

Oxyclean
Sep 23, 2007

How's the Volkswagen T2 Camper?

I sort of want a set for the christmas break, but not a lot are speaking to me. I've already got the old Volkswagen camper so this new one doesn't feel like a must buy. Feel like it might just be smarter to wait till the new year and get the next modular.

Pyroclastic
Jan 4, 2010

Booyah- posted:

uh oh, I clicked redeem points for the camera and it subtracted the 2000, but the set is out of stock. I hope they can refund me those points

Well, poo poo, I redeemed the points too, and figured that would count as 'purchased' for 60 days while I decided what I wanted.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

I have to modify it a little and I need to brikclink a few 1x3 black tiles, but I got the wife's 3 in 1 creator fish tank stuffed into an acrylic minifig display case and I must say it looks drat good

tomapot
Apr 7, 2005
Suppose you're thinkin' about a plate o' shrimp. Suddenly someone'll say, like, plate, or shrimp, or plate o' shrimp out of the blue, no explanation. No point in lookin' for one, either. It's all part of a cosmic unconciousness.
Oven Wrangler
Suddenly not feeling so bad about all my Lego strewn across the family room floor.

Zwille
Aug 18, 2006

* For the Ghost Who Walks Funny

Oxyclean posted:

How's the Volkswagen T2 Camper?

I sort of want a set for the christmas break, but not a lot are speaking to me. I've already got the old Volkswagen camper so this new one doesn't feel like a must buy. Feel like it might just be smarter to wait till the new year and get the next modular.

Some people hate the fact you can see the interior mechanics or whatever on the part that lifts up and ever since I can’t unsee it. It’s still a neat set but suffering the same „ehh“ feeling compared to the old camper. Funny because when it first was announced I felt like it’d make a great companion piece but now I’m just waiting for the next modular too, yeah.

The Voice of Labor
Apr 8, 2020

so, like, y'all who are into the modular sets: what do you do with them? like, do you have a huge basement with model trains running through a legobuilt town? do you sit in the middle of everything wearing a conductor's hat and smoking a cigar like gomez addams?

the reason I ask is that I'm putting together roads and building facades and landscaping and whatnot for maybe a brick block's worth of minifig scale town (3 of those big grey baseplates long by a big grey baseplate + a regular base plate wide) and it's so huge there's no way I could think of having it out on display.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr_Chicken
Mar 23, 2009

Ugh, it really looks like Barracuda Bay isn't going to get restocked before the end of the year. Is it definitely retiring? I need it.