Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Dusty Lens
Jul 1, 2015

All Glory unto the Stimpire. Give up your arms and legs and embrace the beautiful agony of electricity that doubles in pain every second.

Madcosby posted:

whats the addon you guys use to take screenshots of forum dialog? I'm on firefox... and print-screen doesnt help due to dual monitors

I don't think it's the same thing everyone else uses, but I really enjoy puush.

Even if you don't end up using it for this specifically it's a pretty handy tool for rapid screencapture and sharing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

trucutru posted:

Hay guyz, I know this is practically a tradition at this point but lets not start the weekly Sandi creep-a-thon. Her own impeding ridicule should be enough punishment and entertainment source.

That was rather the point of my post, to steer the ship towards Chris, who is really the star of the CIG show. There are too many tragedies befalling the people he surrounds himself with.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

fuctifino posted:

It should be uploaded on Monday US time.

e: I expect Chris to address some of the negativity. He's probably spent 8 hours writing a response to a fake question already... and I can't wait :)

The last one where he got annoyed he was talking about doing one nearly straight after for this week because he'll be in the UK, so I doubt it'll address anything.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Scruffpuff posted:

So many possibilities. He could:

1) Attempt to "clarify" his Star Marine position for damage control purposes (which will be full of fun because he can't possibly do it without making it worse)
2) Casually walk back another feature (my personal favorite option)
3) Answer 3 totally weak-sauce questions that he hopes won't raise any emotions one way or another (I feel this most likely)

Whatever he does, he's hosed, and will piss off genuine members of the community. And he's digging a bigger and bigger hole for himself :)

Also don't forget this option:

4) The 4am ego-centric coke-inspired response that seemed like a great idea at the time.

AugmentedVision
Feb 17, 2011

by exmarx

trucutru posted:

Hay guyz, I know this is practically a tradition at this point but lets not start the weekly Sandi creep-a-thon. Her own impeding ridicule should be enough punishment and entertainment source.
all women are catty manipulative bitches lol

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Scruffpuff posted:

So many possibilities. He could:

1) Attempt to "clarify" his Star Marine position for damage control purposes (which will be full of fun because he can't possibly do it without making it worse)
2) Casually walk back another feature (my personal favorite option)
3) Answer 3 totally weak-sauce questions that he hopes won't raise any emotions one way or another (I feel this most likely)

i am betting we get mostly 3 with some groundwork for 2

HapiMerchant
Apr 22, 2014

fuctifino posted:

Whatever he does, he's hosed, and will piss off genuine members of the community. And he's digging a bigger and bigger hole for himself :)

4) The 4am ego-centric coke-inspired response that seemed like a great idea at the time.

Are 10ftc live streamed/twitched before being uploaded or is it just a straight youtube video

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

^^^ I think it's straight to youtube, pre-recorded.

At 1:00:32, towards the end of the interview, there are some mysterious chopping sounds while Chris is talking. I wonder what they could be?

fuctifino fucked around with this message at 05:04 on Feb 1, 2016

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Picture unrelated

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

fuctifino posted:

Picture unrelated

glue googly eyes to your face now

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist
I clicked download on Star Citizen for free play. We shall see what will happen!

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

trucutru posted:

Hay guyz, I know this is practically a tradition at this point but lets not start the weekly Sandi creep-a-thon.

She's the VP of marketing for a multi-million dollar company, has her own youtube/twitch shows dedicated to the game, conducts a LOT of the interviews associated with the game, always puts herself at the forefront of their conventions, but she's a woman and therefore needs to be protected from ridicule, right?

"Don't be creeps guys, only make fun of men. They can take it."

LITERALLY MY FETISH
Nov 11, 2010

Raise Chris Coons' taxes so that we can have Medicare for All.

I skipped like 1800 posts, but that second to last paragraph made me realize what's really going on with some citizens. It's geek social fallacies all the way down.

"CIG are my friends, but if I criticize them then our friendship will end"

mrking
May 27, 2006

There's No Limit To What We Can't Accomplish

They didn't strike the donation it even though according to EU law most transactions are purchases.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

spacetoaster posted:

Haha, what?

Say whatever you want about whomever you want, just don't be a loving creep about it. It aint that hard.

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

spacetoaster posted:

She's the VP of marketing for a multi-million dollar company, has her own youtube/twitch shows dedicated to the game, conducts a LOT of the interviews associated with the game, always puts herself at the forefront of their conventions, but she's a woman and therefore needs to be protected from ridicule, right?

This ^

She's also an exposed liar with a virtually non-existent history. The fact she is a woman is irrelevant.

Chris has a history in making video games and movies, albeit a very chequered one. Ben has dedicated his life to Chris since a teen. Sandi only got her position because she was married to Chris... and even that marriage was kept secret at first.

She has no checkable experience, and she's lied about her qualifications. She's bulldozed her way into an actress role in SQ42, and she's left a lot of questions unanswered... and her lies and half-truths to date have just created more questions.

She gets a lot of attention because of her actions, not because of her gender.

e: I agree with the not being creepy stuff btw

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

trucutru posted:

Haha, what?

Say whatever you want about whomever you want, just don't be a loving creep about it. It aint that hard.

DSmart and Eightace are in direct disagreement about whether Sandi's Australian Mafia Princess or whatever past is a creepy thing to delve into.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

trucutru posted:

Haha, what?

Define your version of creep for us please. It's like those cultists throwing around the words troll and griefer. It means whatever you think it means in your head regardless of what anyone else has to say.

We're all detestable people, so what?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

Haskell9 posted:

DSmart and Eightace are in direct disagreement about whether Sandi's Australian Mafia Princess or whatever past is a creepy thing to delve into.

I think it could be as relevant as the Swedish Mafia gizmondo stuff when it comes to making the hollywood movie about their trainwreck.

e: Leonardo DeCaprio might be old enough to play Chris by then.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

fuctifino posted:

This ^

She's also an exposed liar with a virtually non-existent history. The fact she is a woman is irrelevant.

Chris has a history in making video games and movies, albeit a very chequered one. Ben has dedicated his life to Chris since a teen. Sandi only got her position because she was married to Chris... and even that marriage was kept secret at first.

She has no checkable experience, and she's lied about her qualifications. She's bulldozed her way into an actress role in SQ42, and she's left a lot of questions unanswered... and her lies and half-truths to date have just created more questions.

She gets a lot of attention because of her actions, not because of her gender.

e: I agree with the not being creepy stuff btw

The point of my original post is that we don't know how much of this was her plan, vs. Chris putting her in this position for his own unfathomable reasons. He could have tossed her, unqualified, directly into the deep end and said "now don't gently caress this up" and she's trying her best with the tools she has. If considering that a possibility makes me creepy, so be it - but I'm be remiss if I discounted the possibility. Chris is not a nice guy.

Edit: by the way this post isn't aimed at you or anyone in particular, but it was my post that was deemed creepy.

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

:golfclap:

e: first time seeing the elephant in there

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

documenting Sandi's claims regarding her constantly-revised employment history and job qualifications is fine.

speculating about the intricacies of her relationship with chris and overall personality is creep territory, don't do that.

edit: in this case i mean creep as, this sort of thing isn't particularly relevant to the phenomenally interesting catastrophe that is star citizen, and instead is more about them as people. we know sandy's bad at her job, and that's what we're all interested in, so let's focus on that?

alf_pogs fucked around with this message at 05:30 on Feb 1, 2016

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

fuctifino posted:

Just listening to BlueStreak's interview.

So, she used to own and run a nightclub as a teenager, then had her own underwear and swimwear company that she sold to a company in Buenos Ares, then she did a MBA in marketing and finance.... She also worked at Fox studios in Sydney for 4 years.

Did she used to do all of this under a different name, as she hardly has any kind of digital fingerprint pre SC.

Yet another one!!?

Someone needs to add up all the years of these things shes done

e: Dont forget working as George Lucas' assistant ;)

Kakarot fucked around with this message at 05:38 on Feb 1, 2016

Haskell9
Sep 23, 2008

post it live
The Great Twist

C U in the 'verse in 3 days commandos

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Madcosby posted:

whats the addon you guys use to take screenshots of forum dialog? I'm on firefox... and print-screen doesnt help due to dual monitors

I use Lightshot

its better than VVVV since you can upload it an once

Kakarot fucked around with this message at 05:42 on Feb 1, 2016

Chocobo
Oct 15, 2012

Here comes a new challenger!
Oven Wrangler

Madcosby posted:

It's a default windows accessory.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Scruffpuff posted:

The point of my original post is that we don't know how much of this was her plan, vs. Chris putting her in this position for his own unfathomable reasons. He could have tossed her, unqualified, directly into the deep end and said "now don't gently caress this up" and she's trying her best with the tools she has. If considering that a possibility makes me creepy, so be it - but I'm be remiss if I discounted the possibility. Chris is not a nice guy.

Edit: by the way this post isn't aimed at you or anyone in particular, but it was my post that was deemed creepy.

Eh, I don't think that your post was actually creepy. I jumped the gun and asked not to start (as in the future) the whole creeping on Sandi again.

It's my fault for not being more clear.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

alf_pogs posted:

documenting Sandi's claims regarding her constantly-revised employment history and job qualifications is fine.

speculating about the intricacies of her relationship with chris and overall personality is creep territory, don't do that.

edit: in this case i mean creep as, this sort of thing isn't particularly relevant to the phenomenally interesting catastrophe that is star citizen, and instead is more about them as people. we know sandy's bad at her job, and that's what we're all interested in, so let's focus on that?

I agree with all of this, but the line isn't always as easy to define. I offer a real life example: I had a coworker who was excellent at his job. For some reason, the CEO started to be a real bastard to this guy, tasking him with impossible jobs, etc. Over about a year, the guy started stressing out and making all kinds of mistakes. In the end, he was fired. Now during that year of decline, anyone could have easily made fun of him for being "bad at his job." And they would have been right, but that doesn't take into account the environment that created that decline in performance.

Never mind any one person at CIG - the whole organization is full of dysfunction. There's crazy amounts of stress, paranoia, pressure I can't even imagine, and there's this one guy at the top who's responsible for it all. It's fun to make fun of all the dumb quotes and missteps taken by all the employees along the way, but I don't have all the facts. Can they really all be this dumb all the time, or is much of this the result of the natural breakdown most humans feel under incredible strain? Imagine what it must be like right now to work in the UK studio for example. If Erin Roberts suddenly flipped out, I'm not sure I'd find it all that funny. There are lots of laughs to be had here, but I feel a little guilty since it's mixed so finely with tragedy.

NVB
Jan 23, 2010

Grimey Drawer

Kakarot posted:

:golfclap:

e: first time seeing the elephant in there

Not mine, i saw it like 15+ pages back while catching up on the thread. Couldn't finish catching up again to not post anything so i re-used it cause it's full of win.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

trucutru posted:

Eh, I don't think that your post was creepy. I jumped the gun and asked not to start (as in the future) the whole creeping on Sandi again and

It's my fault for not being more clear.

Thanks for the clarification - I didn't want to be "one of those guys." This place is too much fun :toot:

Kakarot
Jul 20, 2013

by zen death robot
Buglord

Making it Rain posted:

Not mine, i saw it like 15+ pages back while catching up on the thread. Couldn't finish catching up again to not post anything so i re-used it cause it's full of win.

Oh I was applauding the catching up, not the pic

Solarin
Nov 15, 2007

Scruffpuff posted:

I think your theory gets a little close to speculating about marital abuse even if it's focused on their working relationship. Personal and professional relationships seem inseparable in this case (again why it's a good idea for.a husband/wife duo to be the top two in a 300 person publicly funded company)

E: oh for context I just got called out for being creepy with backer narratives

Solarin fucked around with this message at 05:45 on Feb 1, 2016

Geguri Gegogi
Oct 13, 2010

fuctifino posted:

That's the one I'm hoping for, really wanna hear that coke-rant

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

Scruffpuff posted:

I agree with all of this, but the line isn't always as easy to define. I offer a real life example: I had a coworker who was excellent at his job. For some reason, the CEO started to be a real bastard to this guy, tasking him with impossible jobs, etc. Over about a year, the guy started stressing out and making all kinds of mistakes. In the end, he was fired. Now during that year of decline, anyone could have easily made fun of him for being "bad at his job." And they would have been right, but that doesn't take into account the environment that created that decline in performance.

Never mind any one person at CIG - the whole organization is full of dysfunction. There's crazy amounts of stress, paranoia, pressure I can't even imagine, and there's this one guy at the top who's responsible for it all. It's fun to make fun of all the dumb quotes and missteps taken by all the employees along the way, but I don't have all the facts. Can they really all be this dumb all the time, or is much of this the result of the natural breakdown most humans feel under incredible strain? Imagine what it must be like right now to work in the UK studio for example. If Erin Roberts suddenly flipped out, I'm not sure I'd find it all that funny. There are lots of laughs to be had here, but I feel a little guilty since it's mixed so finely with tragedy.

being able to discuss this rationally is what separates us from the animals! agreed very strongly at how the line blurs between comedy and tragedy, and i get the guilt-pangs too.

reading through this thread i swing between lolling hard at what CIG has managed to accomplish thanks to others stupidity, and feeling tremendous outrage that they're capable of ripping off so many people who sincerely trust them with their money. and then if i really stop to think about it, i'm sure that the family robert's aren't really leading rich, fulfilling lives themselves. it's bad times all the way down! but man if there haven't been some hilarious times along the way.

also i don't think the thread has gotten into full-blown creep territory yet. or at least, there hasn't been the outright racism and "hey let's email their kids" that you get from the reddit SC fans, so that's a good sign.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Solarin posted:

I think your theory gets a little close to speculating about marital abuse even if it's focused on their working relationship. Personal and professional relationships seem inseparable in this case (again why it's a good idea for.a husband/wife duo to be the top two in a 300 person publicly funded company)

Yeah and that's why it's so hard for me to bring it up without stepping right in the poo poo. As if CIG wasn't enough of a mess all by itself. Sometimes I wonder if some companies don't set themselves up that way on purpose specifically to deter conversations along those lines.

Hyphen-B
Nov 28, 2004

by Nyc_Tattoo
Thinking about buying into this game with a starter pack or something. Is the community GamerGate friendly or no?

alf_pogs
Feb 15, 2012

SuitDude posted:

Thinking about buying into this game with a starter pack or something. Is the community GamerGate friendly or no?

don't do it and the community is the worst, respectively

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

SuitDude posted:

The game is amazing and will fulfil your every dream. It will be the only game that you will ever play for the rest of your life.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
Sandi is literally the female David Brent and is a huge source of comedy for the thread, and I would like to personally encourage people to continue making fun of her for her underlying personality.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

SuitDude posted:

The only question you have to ask yourself is this: Do you fantasize about hiding in crates? (Note: there are no crates in this game.)

• Locked thread