Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

cheetah7071 posted:

It's not quite the same at the slaying weapon effect. At the beginning of each turn, if you meet the HP requirement, your current cooldown goes down by one (just like quickened pulse does for turn one only). The +10 damage is also dependent on the HP threshold, I believe

Yes, Wrath does absolutely nothing if you don't meet the HP threshold. Which makes Ryoma's version better in some narrow situations.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AstraSage
May 13, 2013

IS really missed the chance to release a version of the Raijinto with an extra effect besides DC: As far as I can see, both Vainilla and Legendary Ryoma have the problem of being too bland with their default kits.

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Shhh... don't wake up the sleeping lion :3:

Raijinto and Ragnell will probably get refinements at some point

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

blizzardvizard posted:

Raijinto and Ragnell will probably get refinements at some point

I dunno. It's not like they upgraded Blade tomes or Raven tomes or other weapons that were actually in use at the time. My impression was that refinement is meant to bring underperforming weapons up to par.

I mean, Ryoma is hardly impressive but that's not because of his weapon. Zelgius has the exact same weapon.

Clawtopsy
Dec 17, 2009

What a fascinatingly unusual cock. Now, allow me to show you my collection...
Ryoma isn't even bad, he's just no longer meta. It's like Kagero. She does fine in a lot of PvE content, but she's not an ideal Arena unit. She still sees play in most my Arena Assault chains, and Ryoma does as well (albeit not as frequently as Kagero)

Fur20
Nov 14, 2007

すご▞い!
君は働か░い
フ▙▓ズなんだね!

Clarste posted:

I dunno. It's not like they upgraded Blade tomes or Raven tomes or other weapons that were actually in use at the time. My impression was that refinement is meant to bring underperforming weapons up to par.

Compared to LB++, yeah Raijinto definitely leaves you wanting.

:420:high:420: raijinto +5hp. counterattack regardless of range. if foe's range = 1, damage vs the lower of def or res :unsmigghh:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

The White Dragon posted:

Compared to LB++, yeah Raijinto definitely leaves you wanting.

:420:high:420: raijinto +5hp. counterattack regardless of range. if foe's range = 1, damage vs the lower of def or res :unsmigghh:

Raijinto has 4 more MT than LB++.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Clarste posted:

Raijinto has 4 more MT than LB++.

Only 2 mt if you atk refine it (and lb++ also gets the +5 hp from the refine)

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

Rajinto also doesn't give +1 special CD but also doesn't do the weird dragon breath effect on ranged units(although to be fair, I feel like ranged units are also more likely to have better magical than physical defense).

I think Rajinto is better but like, not by a lot

Elyv fucked around with this message at 07:32 on May 29, 2018

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
a quad ward fliers team might be interesting, I guess.

rannum
Nov 3, 2012

I wonder if we'll ever get generic DC weapons for sword, lance & axe. If LB vs Expiration is any indication, the generics would still get refine options.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Seems doubtful. The logic behind lightning breath in the first place seemed to be "dragons are special." And now that the game's been out longer, I feel like IS is even more aware of how dangerous it'd be to hand out DC to everyone.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
In practice Raijinto only has more might than LB++ against high-resistance melee enemies, which are pretty uncommon, and even then it loses 5 HP and 4 def/res. Refined lightning breath+ is a busted weapon, possibly the best one in the game.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

cheetah7071 posted:

In practice Raijinto only has more might than LB++ against high-resistance melee enemies, which are pretty uncommon, and even then it loses 5 HP and 4 def/res. Refined lightning breath+ is a busted weapon, possibly the best one in the game.

It's definitely up there at least. I would say it's not a coincidence that both Lightning Breath and Blade Tomes have the same penalty, which IS seems to have vastly overestimated the relevance of. Although the decision to let Lightning Breath be refined still strikes me as very odd.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.
Raijinto will probably get a refinement whenever we get a Fates DLC-focused banner with Swordmaster Shiro.

AverySpecialfriend
Jul 8, 2017

by Hand Knit
wow i sure hope ryoma has a gutter tier statline because firesweep bushido is disgusting

Washout
Jun 27, 2003

"Your toy soldiers are not pigmented to my scrupulous standards. As a result, you are not worthy of my time. Good day sir"
Pulling hard for 2 Hardin so I can make bold fighter haloween Jacob brave bow, and bold fighter for Effie or maybe a red brave sword armor. Going to need a lot of luck with just 120 orbs though.

Washout fucked around with this message at 08:07 on May 29, 2018

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Why is kestrel stance not called sparrow stance if it's the enemy phase version of swift sparrow?

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Starsnostars posted:

Why is kestrel stance not called sparrow stance if it's the enemy phase version of swift sparrow?

Same reason Fierce Stance isn't called Death Stance.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Oh yeah, new update announcement. The lucky refinement winners this time are both Tikis, Merric, and Linde. The Tikis will share a new breath.

Also hats and sunglasses for everyone.

Edit: I hope they change "Breath of Fog" to "Fog Breath" by the actual release.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Clarste posted:

Same reason Fierce Stance isn't called Death Stance.

that's dumb

Clarste posted:

Oh yeah, new update announcement. The lucky refinement winners this time are both Tikis, Merric, and Linde. The Tikis will share a new breath.

Also hats and sunglasses for everyone.

give me odin's refine you dumb game!!

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Oh that's cool, Linde and YTiki were my first 5-stars and carried me through most of the early game. I think I found out YTiki was -Atk and eventually fed her to someone for bonfire, but Linde is still around!

edit: I'm sorry, you missed the most important part of the update: Heroes can now wear accessories

Elyv
Jun 14, 2013

You may want to check the message board, it has news about the next major update

* Hero sprites will be getting cosmetics
    * Both Tikis are getting the same unique weapon, also you'll be able to do normal refines for Excalibur and Aura, not just turn them into Dark
    * They're reworking the various hero menus, so hopefully it won't be such a pain to do something like level up, rarity up, then inherit. Also there's an auto-learn, where your hero will automatically learn and equip skills
    * Multiple favorite markers so you can pre-assemble AA teams I guess
    * AA scoring changes
    * more shards and sp

Efb

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

...You think Manaketes will keep their accessory on when they turn into dragons? :thunk:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Gluten Freeman posted:

edit: I'm sorry, you missed the most important part of the update: Heroes can now wear accessories

I quite specifically said "hats and sunglasses for everyone."

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
this voting gauntlet sucks rear end.

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

The voting gauntlet is boring Askr & Legendary heroes, lame. I wanted to cheer Marth on to victory.

Clarste posted:

I quite specifically said "hats and sunglasses for everyone."

Oh sorry lol I guess I should edit that to say "I missed" then

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I hope Foggy Breath is shittier than Lightning Breath

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

whoever writes the feh comics knows exactly what this game needs more of

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

Gluten Freeman posted:

whoever writes the feh comics knows exactly what this game needs more of

:discourse:

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
if I dont see Anna beating up Fjorm, I'm kicking your guys asses

ungulateman
Apr 18, 2012

pretentious fuckwit who isn't half as literate or insightful or clever as he thinks he is
ryoma is still probably the best unit that's been in since launch and hasn't received a sweeping buff of some description since then, so i'd say that's the reason they've been so hesitant to buff him and/or raijinto

(reinhardt came out three weeks after launch)

(nino isn't very good without skill inheritance on teammates to stack buffs efficiently, which requires skill inheritance and/or post-launch units like eirika)

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

I hope Foggy Breath is shittier than Lightning Breath

Unless it has dc it probably will be

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ungulateman posted:

ryoma is still probably the best unit that's been in since launch and hasn't received a sweeping buff of some description since then, so i'd say that's the reason they've been so hesitant to buff him and/or raijinto

(reinhardt came out three weeks after launch)

(nino isn't very good without skill inheritance on teammates to stack buffs efficiently, which requires skill inheritance and/or post-launch units like eirika)

Cordelia

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Andrast posted:

Fae, ATiki, Nowi

Cordelia

He's talking about without Skill Inheritance or refinements. The dragons were definitely buffed insanely by refinement, and who even uses Brave Cordelia anymore?

I guess the idea is that Ryoma's default kit is just boring and solid.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Elyv posted:

You may want to check the message board, it has news about the next major update

* AA scoring changes

This one is lame and dumb, it's just applying the blessing buffs/seasonals into the scoring, which it obviously should have already been

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Clarste posted:

He's talking about without Skill Inheritance or refinements. The dragons were definitely buffed insanely by refinement, and who even uses Brave Cordelia anymore?

I guess the idea is that Ryoma's default kit is just boring and solid.

Brave Cordy > Ryoma

Also dragons were super good before the buffs, people just didn’t realize it

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Andrast posted:

Brave Cordy > Ryoma

Also dragons were super good before the buffs, people just didn’t realize it

Probably. Also Ryoma sucked until vantage anyway. Hector was always better.

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

AverySpecialfriend posted:

wow i sure hope ryoma has a gutter tier statline because firesweep bushido is disgusting

People are speculating 34 ATK, 35+ SPD. So usable at least, but honestly I doubt he'd trump Elincia/NY!Camilla. Bushido is okay but almost outright inferior to Wrath, so you're arguably better off just throwing Wrath on a Soleil/Ayra/Mia unless you really want that flying ability/DC.

ApplesandOranges fucked around with this message at 10:23 on May 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

blizzardvizard
Sep 12, 2012

If Ryoma got better after SI it sure as poo poo not because of Vantage