Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010

xZAOx posted:

Did Bingo Boffin's first quest last night. It's cute. I think it'll be a fun thing to slowly push along once a week, and hopefully keep people a little more engaged week-to-week.

Where can I find him at?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Brave New World posted:

Where can I find him at?

Michael Delving, north of the bounder's statue garden area thing. There's some hobbit holes, with Npcs with the title "Bingo's Neighbor" and "Bingo's Other Neighbor" too, heh.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

xZAOx posted:

Michael Delving, north of the bounder's statue garden area thing. There's some hobbit holes, with Npcs with the title "Bingo's Neighbor" and "Bingo's Other Neighbor" too, heh.

I really enjoyed the quest too, the only thing that worries the nerd in me is should we really spend any of our tokens on a questline that is going to last a year? I'd like to think if they do 52 weeks at 5 tokens a week they'll offer some big time rewards, but right now it's just a few new housing items and low level armor, and a brown rabbit pet for your 5 tokens. If they tell me I can get a rare pet or even just some great housing deco, I want to save them all up. It'll be fun to see where they go with this both in the quest and in the rewards.

Quill
Jan 19, 2004
The tokens are probably worth saving, especially since they don't usually remove any items from those type of vendors. Besides, some cool cosmetic things might be attached to Bingo's quests on account of the recent update.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR
https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles/world-transfers

Wow, sooner than the skeptics had all claimed.

Highlighting this:

Q. What is the Timeline?

A. August 2015 Transfers Begin. January 2016 impacted worlds are no longer available

Q. What Account info will transfer?

A. Account properties:

Destiny
Shared storage (Bank)
Housing storage
Wardrobe
Shared currency (all account-shared paper items, including Mithril and Skirmish Marks)

Editing this post because it's a lot to summarize, but nevermind my opinion on Brandywine it actually is the only server we are not allowed to transfer to since it already lags and they're upgrading the hardware and testing the new results or something before they make that an option.

I am voting for Landroval then, the second most populated US server.

extra stout fucked around with this message at 21:52 on Jul 27, 2015

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
I may finally play again!

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

extra stout posted:

I am voting for Landroval then, the second most populated US server.

Seconding this. Landroval for goon migration since Brandywine's overloaded apparently. Hopeully there isn't a rush from everywhere else to Landroval that ends up with them closing the gates before everyone moves.

Unctuous Cretin
Jun 20, 2007
LUrker
Do kinships transfer? If not, I have a max age kin with just my alts (lifetime sub) and some friends who no longer play that I'm willing to donate on Landroval. I haven't played in quite some time, but i think you can change kin names can't you?

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

I'm good to go anywhere. Landroval works fine. What was Landroval originally in the books?

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Unctuous Cretin posted:

Do kinships transfer? If not, I have a max age kin with just my alts (lifetime sub) and some friends who no longer play that I'm willing to donate on Landroval. I haven't played in quite some time, but i think you can change kin names can't you?

Check the FAQ they posted, has all that info. Short answer is "yes" you can transfer your kin to the new server, details in the link. https://www.lotro.com/en/game/articles/world-transfers

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

100YrsofAttitude posted:

I'm good to go anywhere. Landroval works fine. What was Landroval originally in the books?

"Landroval assisted Gwaihir in his many associations with Gandalf and his companions. He was present at the Battle of the Morannon, swooping to attack the Nazgūl on their fell beasts. Together with Gandalf, Gwaihir and Meneldor, he also rescued Frodo Baggins and Sam Gamgee from Mordor after the completion of the Quest of the Ring."

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010
Landroval is the Giant Eagle you meet in the Great River region.

Landy has always been my home server, and goons can't really go wrong there. My character slots are all full, so my goon toon and her alts will have to go to Gladden or something if they close Silverlode.

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
I'll have to reinstall the client, I guess. It was taking up 25G on my SSD, so I axed it.

So I'll only be able to transfer as many characters as slots I have right now? I made a bunch of dudes when I had VIP to get the perks for them, so I guess I'll lose them.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
Oh, as far as server choice, I don't care. Just tell me where to transfer and I'll do it.

Hobo, did you get your poo poo fixed? Are you going to be able to move the kin when the time comes?

Oxphocker
Aug 17, 2005

PLEASE DO NOT BACKSEAT MODERATE

xZAOx posted:

Oh, as far as server choice, I don't care. Just tell me where to transfer and I'll do it.

Hobo, did you get your poo poo fixed? Are you going to be able to move the kin when the time comes?

I'm still waiting on tech support to get back to me... I'm at a loss on what to do because everything is working, but I can't get the window to maximize, it stays in the taskbar so I can't log in. As soon as it works I can do what's necessary. I'm fine with Landroval, Gladden, or Brandywine depending on what is available once we're ready. However, I'm on vacation the 1st and 3rd weeks of Aug, where I won't be around a computer...

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

xZAOx posted:

We have a new kin leader now who is listening to everyone's suggestions about where to move (if Silverlode does close, which is likely). So don't worry about the kin ending up stuck, we can either vote this week and move or wait a bit for data to come in, but honestly I can kind of predict with only 5 US servers all of them will be equally full and active, and the new hardware will hopefully do a great job at handling it. I only suggested Landroval because I've played it for a bit when Silverlode was dead and everyone was friendly to me, a GM came two days ago and summoned a million squirrels and some moose that were killing everyone on some guys yard as a punishment for trolling /world chat. Pretty fun community.

exser
Aug 18, 2003

Gonna ask for an invite, name is Bralakfig

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine
I'd prefer brandywine for selfish reasons, since all my poo poo is there, but it sounds like it won't be open for incoming transfers for a while.

got any sevens
Feb 9, 2013

by Cyrano4747

Glass of Milk posted:

I'd prefer brandywine for selfish reasons, since all my poo poo is there, but it sounds like it won't be open for incoming transfers for a while.

Maybe you can transfer off of it to Landro?

bombhand
Jun 27, 2004

exser posted:

Gonna ask for an invite, name is Bralakfig
I put you on my friends list so I can see if you're on when I log in. Looks like I missed you by about an hour today; tomorrow I expect to be home a little earlier so I'll try to make sure to log in and see if you're playing.

extra stout posted:

We have a new kin leader now who is listening to everyone's suggestions about where to move (if Silverlode does close, which is likely).
Just keeping the toilet seat warm

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Is there a faceroll class for lower-level solo play? I've got the urge to play for a couple weeks, haven't played in some time, and it sounds like I need to start on a new server.

e: Apparently, there's a new class, Beorning? How are they?

Hello Sailor fucked around with this message at 09:21 on Jul 29, 2015

JohnCrichton
Mar 6, 2007
Welcome to the Federation Starship SS Buttcrack.
So is it going to be Landroval or Brandywine once it's up and running on new hardware.?

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Hello Sailor posted:

Is there a faceroll class for lower-level solo play? I've got the urge to play for a couple weeks, haven't played in some time, and it sounds like I need to start on a new server.

At low levels with even just a bit of understanding of the mechanics all of the classes are very strong, they want people sticking around and not quitting at level 12. In terms of really smashing through poo poo, having a self heal and being able to toggle between being a tanky bear and a high dps bearded man, yeah Beorning is pretty much the strongest class in the game. I've heard they're more balanced at 100, but I have really enjoyed two hitting poo poo at level 13. Or running into level 18 mobs at level 11.

And yeah if you want to avoid having to transfer, make it on Landroval and post your name here and I'll send you some silver and show you the ways of the bear.

This might be obvious but if you can recover your old account you should do that just to keep any turbine points you may have had.

extra stout fucked around with this message at 10:54 on Jul 29, 2015

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
We're talking Landroval, but we won't really know until they start opening servers. Worst case, you make your character on the "wrong" server then you free transfer off it to wherever we end up.

Dark_Swordmaster
Oct 31, 2011
You could also make it on Silverlode, get in the kin, and join us on our Titanic journey to prosperity and fortune elsewhere! We'll never let you go.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
yeah, I'm probably going to roll up a man-bear-pig either on Silverlode or Landroval. I tried playing a man-bear-pig earlier but the tutorial made me go to sleep (literally)

Glass of Milk
Dec 22, 2004
to forgive is divine

effectual posted:

Maybe you can transfer off of it to Landro?

Yep, of course. I got no ties there *incredible hulk theme music plays*

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.

Hello Sailor posted:

Every class can be a faceroll at low levels but Loremaster is probably still #1 because your pet can 2-3 shot stuff in to the 30s unless that got nerfed.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

extra stout posted:

And yeah if you want to avoid having to transfer, make it on Landroval and post your name here and I'll send you some silver and show you the ways of the bear.

Mothmoth the Beorning will take you up on that. Now I just need to find him a nice dress to wear.

bombhand
Jun 27, 2004

Lum_ posted:

yeah, I'm probably going to roll up a man-bear-pig either on Silverlode or Landroval. I tried playing a man-bear-pig earlier but the tutorial made me go to sleep (literally)
The tutorial areas are so awful, I don't understand why there isn't an option to skip it once you've done it on any toon.

Re: starter classes, out of all the classes I've tried so far, minstrel is the facerolliest all the way through, because things die fast, there are plenty of ranged AOE's that you start getting pretty early on, you can use them on the move which lets you kite stuff, and you have lots of self-heals, including (at higher levels) an on-the-move one with a reasonably short cooldown.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

Hello Sailor posted:

Mothmoth the Beorning will take you up on that. Now I just need to find him a nice dress to wear.

Sent you a mail, also I just learned the best thing: The color of your bear in bear form is determined by your hair color, which you can change whenever you'd like for a few silver at the barber, one is in Bree in The Prancing Pony.

Hello Sailor
May 3, 2006

we're all mad here

Oh, great. Now I have to choose between having a luxurious brown beard or a cool bear color.

Lum_
Jun 5, 2006
I'm in as Moervan now as a man-bear-pig in Landroval. Are we going to make an alt kin? I bet Bear Force One isn't taken.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES

Lum_ posted:

I'm in as Moervan now as a man-bear-pig in Landroval. Are we going to make an alt kin? I bet Bear Force One isn't taken.

There's so few of us playing that splintering us in the slightest is a bad idea.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

It makes sense that they don't want to further overload Brandywine, but at the same time I was hoping for a server with a population similar to what I remember from the Moria days. Perhaps Landroval can be as packed as I'd like it to be.

Brave New World
Mar 10, 2010

ruffz posted:

It makes sense that they don't want to further overload Brandywine, but at the same time I was hoping for a server with a population similar to what I remember from the Moria days. Perhaps Landroval can be as packed as I'd like it to be.

It will be, it's always been a large-ish server and transfers are just going to add more. I still think Brandywine would be the best choice though.

extra stout
Feb 24, 2005

ISILDUR's ERR

ruffz posted:

I can't imagine a single server feeling anything but busy, essentially they're merging 3 servers into 1, 15 American into 5 American, or 15 into 4 for the next few months it seems.

ruffz
Dec 20, 2007

I'm just kinda bummed if transfers to Brandywine are disabled. Just gonna have to make the best out of Landroval. It's been about a year since I visited that server, but back then it had 3-4 times as many people online as Silverlode. It should be pretty packed after transfers go live.

xZAOx
Sep 6, 2004
PORKCHOP SANDWICHES
I don't think it's really going to matter much. We had all just said Brandywine because it was the busiest. Anything is going to look a million times better once they're condensed. The whole point of this is to not have "dead" servers. They're going to open/close transfer destinations to make sure things look at least reasonably balanced. Sure some will be busier than others, but all should be good times.

Basically, what extra stout said.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Isn't Landroval (or Gladden) the most active US server after Brandywine already? I'm not worry about Landroval being 'not busy enough' after the mergers. If anything I'm worried that they'll cut off transfers too it if it gets a massive rush and not everyone will make it in (unlikely).

• Locked thread