Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

UnfortunateSexFart posted:

Nah it's great

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XATE9rT5bIU

This seems to be happening more often. :( Mostly with Ash for some reason, although that might be confirmation bias

your gun was completely blocking her model. wasn't any peekers advantage there, just you not seeing her.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Roobanguy posted:

your gun was completely blocking her model. wasn't any peekers advantage there, just you not seeing her.

Yeah I guess you're right. Just having a lovely day with this game. :(

amitlu
Nov 13, 2005

Please fix Blackbeard. I've never seen such an overpowered class last so long in a game without being touched by the devs. It's getting ridiculous.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Let Tachanka break shields. Is BBs shield breakable? I get annihilated by him all the time.

E: Let Capitao's Crossbow bolts stick to his shield too, shoot some fuckin fire at his face.

Wooper
Oct 16, 2006

Champion draGoon horse slayer. Making Lancers weep for their horsies since 2011. Viva Dickbutt.

Flipswitch posted:

E: Let Capitao's Crossbow bolts stick to his shield too, shoot some fuckin fire at his face.

it already does dude

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

That's pretty sweet then, I need to play Capitao more.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Flipswitch posted:

Let Tachanka break shields. Is BBs shield breakable? I get annihilated by him all the time.

As a Capitao, there are easier ways to teamkill BB. The shield is breakable but it takes enough damage to kill good 10 players before it will break, and seems to not get the headshot damage multiplier.

Flipswitch
Mar 30, 2010

Oh poo poo yeah, they're on the same side. :downs:

Put Capitao on defenders then please, trying to think what the alternative is now for defenders. Smoke? maybe? that's harder to pull off though.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

amitlu posted:

Please fix Blackbeard. I've never seen such an overpowered class last so long in a game without being touched by the devs. It's getting ridiculous.

Dude, the Mac-10 has been in the game since before launch.

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Flipswitch posted:

Put Capitao on defenders then please, trying to think what the alternative is now for defenders. Smoke? maybe? that's harder to pull off though.
For defenders it's literally any C4/shotgun operator, though there can be situations were you can do little but sit and wait.

Hactar
Aug 8, 2004

Coup de Grace
The only change I really want to see to Blackbeard is increasing the visibility of his shield.

I just hate how often I peek someone and fire at them only to see the white hit marker and know I'm going to die. If the shield was more visible (some kind of color tint or glare for example), it would be less frustrating.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

His shield should just be a neon pink box for the defenders because you can't hit him through it anyway

cinci zoo sniper
Mar 15, 2013

Hactar posted:

The only change I really want to see to Blackbeard is increasing the visibility of his shield.

I just hate how often I peek someone and fire at them only to see the white hit marker and know I'm going to die. If the shield was more visible (some kind of color tint or glare for example), it would be less frustrating.
Agreed, make it slightly more visible (he's literal neckbeard, just add green Razer (tm) glow to contour or something :razz:) and slightly increase the amount of cracks and other visually interfering poo poo caused incoming shots.

Crimson Chin
Aug 16, 2005

mister happy turtle is a happy turtle
Anyone got a solution to this problem on PC? I keep disconnecting from my games. Maybe after an hour of play I will get a 312 error. When I get back into game after that I get that error about once every 10-15 min. The game was working fine then a couple of weeks ago I start having these disconnect issues. This happens on terrorist hunt, casual and ranked,

I know 312 implies a problem on my end, but nothing has changed on my network or my router since I got the game last year. I have since forwarded the ports and done all the things that Ubisoft suggests (https://support.ubi.com/en-GB/Faqs/000023138/Connectivity-issues-in-Rainbow-6-Siege), but nothing helps. My router isn't logging any events at the time of disconnect and my internet remains connected.

Would be nice to get a solution to this. Its quite a pain!

Souplesse
May 31, 2011

Gentlemoas.
Is there a sweet spot for making vault holes with Buck's shotty? I can't seem to nail the seamless single-shot vaulting from the patch gif a while ago, and it always takes me like three or four shells. Do I have to make sure there's headroom or something?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Caffeine IV posted:

Is there a sweet spot for making vault holes with Buck's shotty? I can't seem to nail the seamless single-shot vaulting from the patch gif a while ago, and it always takes me like three or four shells. Do I have to make sure there's headroom or something?

that gif is old. the patch after they increased its wall damage reduced the range on the shotgun which made it harder to break walls again.

amitlu
Nov 13, 2005

Squeegy posted:

Dude, the Mac-10 has been in the game since before launch.

And it's been nerfed twice, I don't think its anywhere near the level of BB.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

amitlu posted:

And it's been nerfed twice, I don't think its anywhere near the level of BB.

No it hasn't. It's still just as good as it was at release; a machine pistol with an ACOG scope, almost no spread with a suppressor, and a pinpoint-accurate sniper-tier first shot (and since this is a game with instant kill headshots on every weapon, you only need one shot). Which is completely loving absurd considering the Mac series was deemed fit for combat "only in a phone booth." I don't know how you even begin to complain about the balance issues in this game when that has been a thing from the start and remains such to this day. There has never been any attempt at balance whatsoever; that's why every new defense operator comes out with nitro and a semi-automatic shotgun and at least 2 speed. Ubisoft relies entirely on the extremely low TTD and round-based respawn to keep their game from being unplayable. This is best reflected on the operators that no one picked except as a joke before they were buffed because they were a detriment to the team by robbing them of a better operator.

Allen_Aldo
Jul 8, 2013
So I just reinstalled the game recently and I'm kinda confused by the non skin pack dlc. Is it $30 for just the operators or is anything else of note included?

Roobanguy
May 31, 2011

Allen_Aldo posted:

So I just reinstalled the game recently and I'm kinda confused by the non skin pack dlc. Is it $30 for just the operators or is anything else of note included?

isnt that the season pass? you get the operators and some skins with it, but i don't think all of them? either way, you don't have to buy it to get the operators, you can also buy them with 25k renown each.

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

The season pass is definitely not worth getting. Don't do it! Apart from a really small amount of skin-buying currency, and some cheap operators, you get to play new operators when they're released 7 days early, and that's it. If you can wait 7 days for a new man then it's basically worthless IIRC.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

If you like trading money for convenience then buy it. If you want to support the game, don't buy it. Buy skins. If you want to play the game, buy it on sale and only use Clancy shekels.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Don't buy the year one season pass, wait for year two.

Jehde fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Sep 12, 2016

AbortRetryFail
Jan 17, 2007

No more Mr. Nice Gaius

Jehde posted:

Don't buy the year one seaosn pass, wait for year two.

Does anyone know anything about Year 2 content updates (like if they will even exist)?

amitlu
Nov 13, 2005

Squeegy posted:

No it hasn't. It's still just as good as it was at release; a machine pistol with an ACOG scope, almost no spread with a suppressor, and a pinpoint-accurate sniper-tier first shot (and since this is a game with instant kill headshots on every weapon, you only need one shot). Which is completely loving absurd considering the Mac series was deemed fit for combat "only in a phone booth." I don't know how you even begin to complain about the balance issues in this game when that has been a thing from the start and remains such to this day. There has never been any attempt at balance whatsoever; that's why every new defense operator comes out with nitro and a semi-automatic shotgun and at least 2 speed. Ubisoft relies entirely on the extremely low TTD and round-based respawn to keep their game from being unplayable. This is best reflected on the operators that no one picked except as a joke before they were buffed because they were a detriment to the team by robbing them of a better operator.

It has been adjusted twice, it used to be laser accurate through the entire mag and now has a huge jump in recoil on the 3rd or 4th shot. It's still a really strong weapon and will continue to be even if they remove the ACOG because high rate of fire and tap shooting at the head is a good combination in this game. Depsite that it's still nowhere near as overpowered as Blackbeard.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Squeegy posted:

No it hasn't. It's still just as good as it was at release; a machine pistol with an ACOG scope, almost no spread with a suppressor, and a pinpoint-accurate sniper-tier first shot (and since this is a game with instant kill headshots on every weapon, you only need one shot). Which is completely loving absurd considering the Mac series was deemed fit for combat "only in a phone booth."

https://streamable.com/emi2

Case in point.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Balance! :downs:

Assepoester
Jul 18, 2004
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Melman v2
The season pass is only a "deal" if you want ALL of the operators, all 8 of them, that's all it really gives you. Otherwise you're better off getting just the operators you want with a mix of renown and purchasing them outright.

Wait for the season pass to go on sale for $20 again if you think you might want at least half of the operators, then it's a good deal.

Squeegy posted:

If you like trading money for convenience then buy it. If you want to support the game, don't buy it. Buy skins. If you want to play the game, buy it on sale and only use Clancy shekels.
Hey take your jewbisofts and shekels and gently caress off back to your white surpremacist offsite forum, tia.

Foehammer
Nov 8, 2005

We are invincible.

Cardboard Box A posted:

Hey take your jewbisofts and shekels and gently caress off back to your white surpremacist offsite forum, tia.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Li15qjnEcw

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

Cardboard Box A posted:

lmao what

WelpEcho
Sep 12, 2006

Squeegy posted:

lmao what

this is supposed to be a place where we don't use words with any kind of cultural etymology ok

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
You know drat well that's fuckin' 4chan poo poo. Get that outta here

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

If I called them Clancy pesos instead would that help ease the stick out of your rear end

Great Beer
Jul 5, 2004

Shekels are a real currency why are we upset about it

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
I for one only purchase stuff in Ubi Reals because let's be honest Brazil has so many players they have their own datacenter now so they stay out of Us east with their 200 pings.

Orv
May 4, 2011
The proper terminology is Clancy Kroner.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Squeegy posted:

If I called them Clancy pesos instead would that help ease the stick out of your rear end

It probably wouldn't.

Cardboard Box A posted:

Hey take your jewbisofts

Firstly, I think you might be confusing him with someone else who said "jewbisoft"(and iirc got probated for it?) however many months ago and maybe the latest mention of shekels has set you off unreasonably.
Secondly, blow it out your rear end.
:dukedog:

Jehde posted:

Don't buy the year one season pass, wait for year two.

The season pass is a reasonable buy for new players who might not be able to poopsock to get the expensive DLC operators in a timely fashion, especially since we're getting to the end of "Year One"(and hopefully the start of Y2 content) and there are also more things to blow silly amounts of renown on.

UnfortunateSexFart
May 18, 2008

𒃻 𒌓𒁉𒋫 𒆷𒁀𒅅𒆷
𒆠𒂖 𒌉 𒌫 𒁮𒈠𒈾𒅗 𒂉 𒉡𒌒𒂉𒊑

Siege is made in Canada so it should be Clancy loonies.

Cup Runneth Over
Aug 8, 2009

She said life's
Too short to worry
Life's too long to wait
It's too short
Not to love everybody
Life's too long to hate

I still think Clancy pesos is best because of the inflation

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

El Jebus
Jun 18, 2008

This avatar is paid for by "Avatars for improving Lowtax's spine by any means that doesn't result in him becoming brain dead by putting his brain into a cyborg body and/or putting him in a exosuit due to fears of the suit being hacked and crushing him during a cyberpunk future timeline" Foundation
It's Clancy Bucks, because that makes it human trafficking.

• Locked thread