Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OneDeadman
Oct 16, 2010

[SUPERBIA]
Maybe it is finally time to up the adjective.

Ultra Robot Wars

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inferno-sama
Jun 5, 2015

You touch my burger, and I'll slap you so hard you won't even be able to understand how you fucked up.

OneDeadman posted:

Maybe it is finally time to up the adjective.

Ultra Robot Wars

Maximum Over Robot Wars

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug
Robot Wars Double-O Riser
Infinite Justice Robot Wars

I guess there's almost unlimited choices.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Supper Robot Wars- a cooking game about making sure robot pilots are well fed.

maou shoujo
Apr 12, 2014

ニンゲンの表裏一体

Raxivace posted:

With a Lunatic difficulty starring Kusuha and Nia.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Superb Robot Wars.

FE/SMT x SRW and the other way around. Super Smash Wars. The possibilities are endless.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

EthanSteele posted:

Superb Robot Wars.

FE/SMT x SRW and the other way around. Super Smash Wars. The possibilities are endless.

I would legit play an SMT game where a Mazinger was the main character's devil summon or persona or whatever.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Hokuto posted:

I would legit play an SMT game where a Mazinger was the main character's devil summon or persona or whatever.

With all the Mazinger variants out there, I'm surprised that hasn't been done.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

An SMT game entirely about Kouji Kabuto choosing to be a God or Devil seems pretty perfect.

CaptainRat
Apr 18, 2003

It seems the secret to your success is a combination of boundless energy and enthusiastic insolence...

Raxivace posted:

An SMT game entirely about Kouji Kabuto choosing to be a God or Devil seems pretty perfect.

An SMT game entirely about trying to kill a Kouji Kabuto who has chosen to be a God or Devil also seems perfect.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
I want both of these equally now.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

That sounds a lot like Tetsuya's plot in SRWV.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Hokuto posted:

I want both of these equally now.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

Raxivace posted:

By the way I really like your avatar update.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Yeah, I say "Shit" a shit-ton of times. What of it, shithead?

Raxivace posted:

Finally, a game where Benkei can shine.

Raxivace
Sep 9, 2014

Hokuto posted:

By the way I really like your avatar update.
Thanks. Homeless Snail made it and its super dope.

BornAPoorBlkChild
Sep 24, 2012

Samurai Sanders posted:

Maybe a super complete whole franchise reboot and just call it Super Robot Wars.

will it the Gritty Edgy Reboot™ no one (outside of the dumbest loving people imaginable) wanted? :v:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Race Realists posted:

will it the Gritty Edgy Reboot™ no one (outside of the dumbest loving people imaginable) wanted? :v:

How do you give SRW a gritty edgy reboot? You already had Z3 doing the killing-a-pregnant-woman-for-drama poo poo anyway.

GimmickMan
Dec 27, 2011

I'd start by making Kyosuke the main character, so we get the wombo combo of the Einst being mysterious douchefucks every other stage and featuring a different brainwashed girl for him to save each game.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Asakim-focused spinoff.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

Policenaut posted:

Asakim-focused spinoff.
Nope.

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Shadow Mirror universe (especially with GBA Axel) is already the gritty reboot OG universe. Apart from the lady that when tasked to make a super soldier presented a baby which wasn't very useful because it was a baby and then built a series of robots with increasingly large breasts, declaring the one with the biggest boobs as her perfect creation.

Hopefully V's story of the power of love and friendship was really well received because the more things we get like that the more GaoGaiGar we get.

Does R start you off in a bad end timeline, or am I thinking of something else?

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat
I can't believe Shadow Mirror Tenzan Nakajima's sister is Shadow Mirror Lee Linjun's girlfriend Shadow Mirror Cynthia.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
R was time travel, yes. D was "everything is horrible"

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.

Hokuto posted:

I can't believe Shadow Mirror Tenzan Nakajima's sister is Shadow Mirror Lee Linjun's girlfriend Shadow Mirror Cynthia.

I imagine the SM Shirogane is the only Space Noah ship that hasn't blown the eff up. Their Aya and Mai had all their memories; their Marion and Kirk are still married; maybe whatsherface from the Rapiecage is alive. Basically, for every extra lovely thing there's some bit of niceness.

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

HitTheTargets posted:

I imagine the SM Shirogane is the only Space Noah ship that hasn't blown the eff up. Their Aya and Mai had all their memories; their Marion and Kirk are still married; maybe whatsherface from the Rapiecage is alive. Basically, for every extra lovely thing there's some bit of niceness.

You know, Lamia has no idea who the Aerogators are, so the thing about Aya and Mai is actually plausible. RIP Rai and Elzam though.

HitTheTargets
Mar 3, 2006

I came here to laugh at you.
Also RIP in peace Aya, no thanks to Beowulf.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

ImpAtom posted:

How do you give SRW a gritty edgy reboot? You already had Z3 doing the killing-a-pregnant-woman-for-drama poo poo anyway.

I dont know how you would get there but the ending would be the axis shock failing to happen because 3rd Impact kicks off and when Axis crashes into earth it causes the tidal wave from Baldios.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The GIG posted:

I dont know how you would get there but the ending would be the axis shock failing to happen because 3rd Impact kicks off and when Axis crashes into earth it causes the tidal wave from Baldios.

That's basically the Bad End from SRWZ anyway!

Pureauthor
Jul 8, 2010

ASK ME ABOUT KISSING A GHOST
Wouldn't it better that it's the beginning, except not quite 'extinction level' and then everywhen has to go about picking up the pieces?

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Z1 has shown me that being a fan of mecha in the 80's was a miserable experience, after I got the bad end Baldios ending

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink

Tae posted:

Z1 has shown me that being a fan of mecha in the 80's was a miserable experience, after I got the bad end Baldios ending

Please pick up Baldios, Discotek.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

The Full Metal Panic SRPG is getting an Asian English release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4qHRuUrbQE

Getsuya
Oct 2, 2013
I feel like this one could just get a real English version. I mean we have tons of other single-license anime games that come out over here, and FMP is still probably a fairly well-known name among US anime fans. I'd say it is (was) at least as popular if not more so than Arslan, and Bamco brought the game from that series over.

The nice thing is that, if they do release it in the US, there's a good chance it could get a Steam port. That would be pretty cool.

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

The difference between Arslan Warriors and this is that Arslan Warriors is a warriors game with minimal plot, while this seems much more plot-heavy.

RangerKarl
Oct 7, 2013

Policenaut posted:

The Full Metal Panic SRPG is getting an Asian English release.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C4qHRuUrbQE

Hopefully a little more V than MD? I suppose it'll be the guys who translated the SRW games doing this.

The GIG
Jun 28, 2011

Arslan Warriors was published by Koei Tecmo, not Bandai Namco. Also KT has been far more proactive in getting most of their poo poo into every market possible, though Bamco has been too lately.

MechaX
Nov 19, 2011

"Let's be positive! Let's start a fire!"

RangerKarl posted:

Hopefully a little more V than MD? I suppose it'll be the guys who translated the SRW games doing this.

V would definitely be the best case scenario; MD often read like people were having strokes mid sentence

EthanSteele
Nov 18, 2007

I can hear you
Ah, the Lambda Driver. It is an unorthodox real robot.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hokuto
Jul 21, 2002

Soiled Meat

EthanSteele posted:

Ah, the Lambda Driver. It is an unorthodox real robot.

I wish this was real

• Locked thread