Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
rovert
Jun 10, 2013
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vxo_5MEK2Kc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DarkstarIV
Apr 6, 2010

OFFICIAL RACIST
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wMksMatkzyA

Kairi is great. The Iconic Duo are okay. :allears:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Gargano/Aichner is pretty great

pressedbunny
May 31, 2007

To A Brand New Galaxy
"Our" car, huh? :gay:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
gently caress YEAH WAR GAMES

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

Benne posted:

gently caress YEAH WAR GAMES

The crowd reaction to Regal saying,"This match will take place... in two rings!" was loving great. :allears:

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Said this would be lame in the spoilers thread:

quote:

WWE published the following rules for the return of Wargames on 11/18 at the NXT Takeover: Wargames event in Houston, Texas:

*All three teams will be contained inside separate shark cages by the entranceway, with a member from each team (as chosen by his respective squad) starting the match.

*After five minutes, the remaining members from one team will be released from their shark cage and allowed to enter the match.

*When another three-minute period elapses, the remaining members from a second team are released from their shark cage and enter the match.

*Following another three-minute period, the final team’s members are released from their shark cage and enter the match.

*Once all three teams have entered the WarGames Match, a victory can be attained via pinfall or submission.

So, teams can win via pinfall.

There is also no clear distinction as to whether there will be a roof over the cages.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013
Two things I've heard:

Obviously no blood.

I heard there wasn't a roof on the cage for the record - they will get lowered into cage via a crane/linch in your shark cage.

When the wrestlers involved first heard about it they were PISSED and huddled together and tried to figure out how they could make it work. Expect weapons to be snuck into the cage.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

That sounds fine to me? Gonna love the first period beatdown.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Yeah, that sounds mostly in line with regular War Games. I went back and watched some old War Games matches last week and doing the single person entry every two minutes just kinda makes it drag. And with only three people on each team, I think this makes better sense.

My biggest gripe is no roof on the cage, but hopefully they switch on that stance and add one. That's kinda the whole point of containing the fight.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

Lowering the wrestlers in on a crane sounds loving amazing

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

I don't hate that as much as I expected to base on rovert's warnings.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

sportsgenius86 posted:

I don't hate that as much as I expected to base on rovert's warnings.

Other than the in theory time saving it is loving stupid.

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

It's real good, stop being a wet sandwich.

Von Linus
Apr 6, 2006
I complete me.
It sounds a bit. Not wargamesy. But then, I'm old.

rovert
Jun 10, 2013

flashy_mcflash posted:

It's real good, stop being a wet sandwich.

King Of The Mountain fan?

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

rovert posted:

1. Yes
2. This is not that

I mean, if you don't like very complicated rule sets for matches you just straight up don't like War Games in any incarnation.

rare Magic card l00k
Jan 3, 2011

i didn't know triple h's favorite war games was the warrior one

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

rovert posted:

This is definitely not a reverse ladder match with a penalty box so I have no idea what you're on about.

The rules seem fine to me, honestly. I don't have any history with the format, so this looks like a flashier version of the match, which I expected of WWE.

:shrug:

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

Yes hello it is I Kurt's Secret Son

William Regal should instead fire the wrestlers out of a catapult into the rings.

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

rovert posted:

Other than the in theory time saving it is loving stupid.

ehh, i mean, the advantage poo poo got real repetitive when you did it one guy at a time. Releasing one team at a time kind of eliminates that redundancy IMO

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

How much of a herb do you have to be to not be excited about Bobby Fish entering the ring from a crane. Like for real.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I will only accept the crane if it has a giant crane game claw on it and it pulls the fighters out of a large pen

flashy_mcflash
Feb 7, 2011

projecthalaxy posted:

I will only accept the crane if it has a giant crane game claw on it and it pulls the fighters out of a large pen

Based god HHH make it happen, also make it occasionally malfunction and drop people

DangerDummy!
Jul 7, 2009

It sounds like a dumb, convoluted spectacle, which is a very welcome thing in wrestling once in a while. I'm sure it will be a mess, but I can't wait. And I am way into the pairing of Strong and AoP for some weird reason, way more than either of them individually.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

when i was a baby child i enjoyed the teams being lopsided, then even, then lopsided again, and will miss it dearly. in fact this new concept should be called either snore games, bore games, or poo poo games. this company!

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
As much as I would want a roof on the cage, the spectacle of seeing them lower a shark cage into the ring to release the other team sounds pretty great. There is also the potential of someone riding the top of the shark cage and jumping off it.

No roof is only an issue if people actively try to leave the cage, but why would they leave their partners behind in a 2 vs 6 scenario?

I am also indifferent on them not having to say they quit verbally just for old time sake, but I assume they have a better ending worked out that they want it to be pinfall or submission.

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
They're giving the extremely good and exciting to watch, but slightly undersized wrestling man who uses a submission finisher a losing streak gimmick in NXT?

...This turned out pretty well last time when they sent the guy to the main rost-oh wait he's going to 205 Live isn't he.

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
Two matches is not a losing streak gimmick

Desumaytah
Apr 23, 2005

Intensity, .mpeg gritty, Intelligence
You're right. He did beat Tito after he lost to Almas after that Takeover. And even if he hadn't, 3 televised matches isn't a trend. I was overreacting. Thanks, friend :).

My dread for Gargano getting stuck in 205 Live purgatory whenever he is eventually called up will not go away, however.

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

War Games is going to be awesome because AoP has yet to have a bad stipulation match and Sanity is great at just wild swarming brawls. The verbal quitting doesn't work with three teams anyways if they aren't doing elimination. Also this:

flashy_mcflash posted:

How much of a herb do you have to be to not be excited about Bobby Fish entering the ring from a crane. Like for real.

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

Desumaytah posted:

You're right. He did beat Tito after he lost to Almas after that Takeover. And even if he hadn't, 3 televised matches isn't a trend. I was overreacting. Thanks, friend :).

My dread for Gargano getting stuck in 205 Live purgatory whenever he is eventually called up will not go away, however.

No, you were kind of right. His story has been that he's off his game due to Ciampa, and part of that has been his losses.

projecthalaxy
Dec 27, 2008

I bet a spot will be they are lowering a Sanity into the ring and Nikki just jumps on the crane too and enters. It would be a good use of the prop and in character for Sanity

Go RV!
Jun 19, 2008

Uglier on the inside.

projecthalaxy posted:

I bet a spot will be they are lowering a Sanity into the ring and Nikki just jumps on the crane too and enters. It would be a good use of the prop and in character for Sanity

Nikki already has a match that night so I don't think that's happening, but it would be cool

Astro7x
Aug 4, 2004
Thinks It's All Real
I guess the WCW/nWo Hollywood/nWo Wolfpack War Games ended in a pinfall... it's not unheard of

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

Astro7x posted:

I guess the WCW/nWo Hollywood/nWo Wolfpack War Games ended in a pinfall... it's not unheard of
Plus knowing how WWE does I Quit matches do you really want a ref with a mic asking people if they want to quit?

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

This sounds it has the potential to be a clusterfuck, but also the possibility to be an incredibly entertaining clusterfuck, which I'm all for. Plus, as much as it astonishes me to admit it:

Charles Gnarwin posted:

AoP has yet to have a bad stipulation match

No whammies no whammies no whammies :pray:

Benne
Sep 2, 2011

STOP DOING HEROIN
Disappointed that there's no roof on the cage, but on the bright side Eric Young is contractually obligated to drop an elbow off the top whenever he's booked in a cage match, so we have that to look forward to.

achillesforever6
Apr 23, 2012

psst you wanna do a communism?

projecthalaxy posted:

Nikki could also be the reason how weapons are introduced in the match

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Davros1
Jul 19, 2007

You've got to admit, you are kind of implausible

A cage with a roof gave us Sid destroying Brian Pillman. gently caress WWE for not using a cage with a roof. And lowering the people in from above. Why bother calling it War Games?

• Locked thread