Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

Give me the Platinum Mana game, Square. Let me style on Rabites.

Sakurazuka posted:

I just discovered that Trevor Belmont's name is Ralph in Japan and I don't know how to feel about that.

Even better, Ralph Belmondo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Personally I hope more companies than one realize "8 hour beat em ups that play wonderfully" is an achievable ideal! Because I love games like that and wish more were made

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

In Training posted:

Personally I hope more companies than one realize "8 hour beat em ups that play wonderfully" is an achievable ideal! Because I love games like that and wish more were made

Me too. Beat-em-ups are by far my favorite game genre. The shovel knight team has floated the idea of more Double Dragon or of a Battletoads game, so you can let them (and the rights holders) know about your interest.

Lurdiak fucked around with this message at 02:04 on Mar 25, 2017

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Lurdiak posted:

Me too. Beat-em-ups are by far my favorite game genre. The shovel knight team has floated the idea of more Double Dragon or of a Battletoads game, so you can let them (and the rights holders) about your interest.

A yacht club double dragon would be godlike

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

In Training posted:

They already made one when they were part of Wayforward, and it was an amazing game.

codenameFANGIO
May 4, 2012

What are you even booing here?

In Training posted:

Well that would literally just be Double Dragon Neon 2, and I would be very all right with that.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Love Wayforward's stuff, and I'd like to add Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks was a pretty cool beat-em-up.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Lurdiak posted:

Aww I did that thing where you wake up in the middle of the night and can't get back to sleep. :(

In my experience if that happens it means you don't actually need any more sleep you lazy bum and you can go ahead and just get up and get working on your gaming

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Lurdiak posted:

Oh, speaking of Kingdom Hearts, there was a great conversation in my local Gamestop the other day. Some guy was asking about Kingdom Hearts Collection or whatever it's called.

Guy: So it collects 1 to 3?
Clerk: No, 3 isn't out yet, it collects 1 to 2.
Guy: So it's 2 games?
Clerk: No it's 6
Guy: :confused:
Clerk: *deep sigh* Well,
"It's 1, 2, and some prequels and spinoffs."

Done.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib
Yoko Taro presents Einhander 2, make it happen Squeenix.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

Kai Tave posted:

Yoko Taro presents Einhander 2, make it happen Squeenix.

They would call it Zweihander

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
A new front mission by from software :v:

Help Im Alive
Nov 8, 2009

What's from doing now anyways

Is it just more souls

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

Anime VNs if they know what's good for them.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Armored Core plz (For Answer is so good)

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Help Im Alive posted:

What's from doing now anyways

Is it just more souls

From what we know, at least 2 of them are somewhat like Souls games "but with a twist", and the other project they're working on is just mysterious.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

In Training posted:

They would call it Zweihander

:golfclap:

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Got a key for the DUSK beta. It's so good. If you miss games like Quake 1, you should keep an eye on it. Also, the soundtrack is by the guy who did the sick-rear end music ROTT remake:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jkDR9ca9f0

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Plan Z posted:

Got a key for the DUSK beta. It's so good. If you miss games like Quake 1, you should keep an eye on it. Also, the soundtrack is by the guy who did the sick-rear end music ROTT remake:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2jkDR9ca9f0

Dusk looks awesome, can't wait for that. More classic level design (or anything trying for it) yes please! Also that music guy rocks.

bloodychill
May 8, 2004

And if the world
should end tonight,
I had a crazy, classic life
Exciting Lemon

Lurdiak posted:

From what we know, at least 2 of them are somewhat like Souls games "but with a twist", and the other project they're working on is just mysterious.

Isn't one of them Armored Core related? Or was that just a rumor?

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They haven't announced anything at all

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

The twist is that it's a strategy game where you play as the forces of darkness and have to find ways to keep killing a single unstoppable protagonist.

raditts
Feb 21, 2001

The Kwanzaa Bot is here to protect me.

Heavy Metal posted:

Love Wayforward's stuff, and I'd like to add Mortal Kombat Shaolin Monks was a pretty cool beat-em-up.

Did they make Shaolin Monks? I was always disappointed that there was never a sequel to that game.

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

raditts posted:

Did they make Shaolin Monks? I was always disappointed that there was never a sequel to that game.

It was by Ed Boon and the MK people, but definitely one of my favs from them. Would love to see a new beat-em-up from WayForward too though.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Phantasium posted:

Yes.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Phantasium posted:

That would rule.

One of my personal "wishful thinking" games for a while has been an FF game that's made by Platinum and set in a world like FF1/FF4's, but with a more realistic art style. You could play as a Dragoon, a Red Mage, and maybe a back knight or a black mage who's combos all involve spells coming out of 'em. Comboing Malboros and dragons in the face, stylin' on Chaos, learning classic FF spells.

Basically a platinum game that looks like this, is what I'm getting at:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IT12DW2Fm9M

Oh and Platinum would do the writing, because seriously.

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Lurdiak posted:

That would rule.

One of my personal "wishful thinking" games for a while has been an FF game that's made by Platinum and set in a world like FF1/FF4's, but with a more realistic art style. You could play as a Dragoon, a Red Mage, and maybe a back knight or a black mage who's combos all involve spells coming out of 'em. Comboing Malboros and dragons in the face, stylin' on Chaos, learning classic FF spells.

This except for an actual Chrono Trigger sequel.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Kai Tave posted:

This except for an actual Chrono Trigger sequel.

Let's stay realistic here.

Regy Rusty
Apr 26, 2010

Lurdiak posted:

That would rule.

Probably the only thing that would ever get me to touch another Final Fantasy

Kai Tave
Jul 2, 2012
Fallen Rib

Lurdiak posted:

Let's stay realistic here.

Let me have my impossible dreams, Lurdiak.

But yes, in the aggregate a game with old-ish school Final Fantasy stylings and Platinum gameplay would be incredibly rad if for no other reason than Platinum at least seems to know how to code a decent camera.

Klaus Kinski
Nov 26, 2007
Der Klaus

Kai Tave posted:

Let me have my impossible dreams, Lurdiak.

But yes, in the aggregate a game with old-ish school Final Fantasy stylings and Platinum gameplay would be incredibly rad if for no other reason than Platinum at least seems to know how to code a decent camera.

In revengence, the most dangerous enemy is the camera and his best bud corridors.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

Final Fantasy's definitely tried their hand at DMC clones, fighters and that kind of thing before, but it's always been marred by clumsy execution, bad cameras and just the worst visual design.

I don't want to play as Gackt!!!

Poops Mcgoots
Jul 12, 2010

Dissidia was better than I expected and is still the best simulation I've seen of how fights work in anime where characters kind of wail away at each other with minimal effect until one of them lands their special technique.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

organize digital employees

corn in the bible posted:

People who like max Payne 3 are wrong

I saw this post and if anyone mentioned it in the meantime I don't care
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zEH_LSL4rVw

Heavy Metal
Sep 1, 2014

America's $1 Funnyman

Lurdiak posted:

Final Fantasy's definitely tried their hand at DMC clones, fighters and that kind of thing before, but it's always been marred by clumsy execution, bad cameras and just the worst visual design.

I don't want to play as Gackt!!!

Gackt belongs in a Gundam, as we know from that epic music video. Goddamn I love Gackt.

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

Max Payne 3 held the record for "best song played under a climactic battle" until NieR Automata did it 5 times

FirstAidKite
Nov 8, 2009
Do any of you know if the motion blur thing ever got fixed in the pc port of final fantasy type zero?

CharlieFoxtrot
Mar 27, 2007

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIeVc1yE4TY

Phantasium
Dec 27, 2012

FirstAidKite posted:

Do any of you know if the motion blur thing ever got fixed in the pc port of final fantasy type zero?

It got fixed in both the PC and PS4 versions a while ago.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i bought the humble streaming bundle but i have no idea if i'll actually use that poo poo, like most non-game software i buy

• Locked thread