Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Osama Dozen-Dongs
Nov 29, 2014

CrazyLoon posted:

That sure is colossally missing the context in which I phrased it - being specifically promiscuous AFTER breaking up.

BTW, I apply this to guys as much as girls. But if you think boning people fast and loose right after a break up is the best way to get rid of the soul-crushing feelings that come at that point, your thoughts might be a lot closer to that of incels, who magically think sex equals happiness, than mine.

Why do you think sexual liberation is a way to "get rid of the soul-crushing feelings"? Why do you assume they have something like that? Not everything is about you, dude.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anne Whateley
Feb 11, 2007
:unsmith: i like nice words
Most people are sad after most breakups??

Osama Dozen-Dongs
Nov 29, 2014
Might be, but that's no reason for a dudester to get off on policing and pathologizing other people's sexualities

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Osama Dozen-Dongs posted:

Might be, but that's no reason for a dudester to get off on policing and pathologizing other people's sexualities

Osama Dozen-Dongs
Nov 29, 2014
I mean they're people with their own agency, not dolls for username whatever here to project his self-inflicted suffering fantasies on

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Osama Dozen-Dongs posted:

That sure is a weird, sex-negative diatribe you're going on there. There's a lot of posters ITT who think like incels but pretend not to.

The entire "sex-positive" movement has been a guise for men to pressure women into sex they didn't want, and always leverages language to exploit women's natural doubts and suspicions. What CrazyLoon said matches reality far better than the branding language used to recruit women for demeaning sexual activity.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Wicker Man posted:

Many of them have such low empathy for other people in general, outside of just women. There needs to be more of an effort to cracking apart the self-centered mindset that they have, or maybe more awareness to prevent your kids turning into a turd like them.

Depression is tightly wound with low empathy, it has a lot to do with missing developmental milestones related to communication. You can witness it on our very GBS!

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Hobologist posted:

For all their supposed "intelligence," they still haven't solved the mystery of "How I touch boob?"

Well he has, ish.

He uses a kind of "brute force" technique. I don't mean in a rapey way but in the sense that he throws poo poo at a wall until some of it sticks kind of way. Which is why Tinder was such a game changer for him. Otherwise, he'd be relying on his other m.o. which is basically an analogue version of Tinder: spamming girls in meatspace. His social awareness is so low that he will make approaches and stay long after it's obvious he isn't welcome. Sometimes he will start to walk over but then stop right there and you can almost see the cogs in his head working to come up with an opener.

As for his intelligence, he's good at memorising things. That's pretty much it. Plus from what I can tell his father was pretty strict and instilled a good work ethic in him which is probably the only thing differentiation himself from incels.

I think maybe incels assume they are intelligent because they see human ability in gaming stat terms: they aren't attractive, athletic or social, so therefore they must be intelligent. Then you can add in the dumb jock/ intelligent nerd dichotomy trope.

Pick posted:

The entire "sex-positive" movement has been a guise for men to pressure women into sex they didn't want, and always leverages language to exploit women's natural doubts and suspicions. What CrazyLoon said matches reality far better than the branding language used to recruit women for demeaning sexual activity.

What?

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Benny Harvey posted:

I think maybe incels assume they are intelligent because they see human ability in gaming stat terms: they aren't attractive, athletic or social, so therefore they must be intelligent. Then you can add in the dumb jock/ intelligent nerd dichotomy trope.

I'm my retard teen years I used to think this way

Videogames were a loving mistake

(Don't sign your posts etc)

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)
/r/incels: Charisma is my dump stat

Guy Mann
Mar 28, 2016

by Lowtax

Tasteful Dickpic posted:

/r/incels: Charisma is my dump stat

You know how in old D&D women had -1 Strength and +1 Charisma? I want to see a wall of text from /r/Incels breaking down exactly how broken and unbalanced Chads and Stacies are.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I was gonna do a dnd joke about chads being op but these fucks actually call themselves "wizards" if they reach 40 and are virgins

Basically not gonna play into their fantasy

PetraCore
Jul 20, 2017

👁️🔥👁️👁️👁️BE NOT👄AFRAID👁️👁️👁️🔥👁️

HazCat posted:

Computer programming was primarily women's work for years. Here is the first result for googling "was programming seen as women's work".

And here's the second and the third, in case you'd like to learn about how women pioneered computer programming.
Hardware was considered men's work and software was women's work, weirdly enough, despite the fact that no matter how well you build your rocket, if you can't aim it properly it's useless. Just like the best programming can't save shoddy worksmanship! It's really interesting.

Anyway here's Margaret Hamilton posing with paper copies of the navigation software she and her development team wrote for the Apollo project.

nashona
May 8, 2014

Though she be but little, she is fierce

Pick posted:

Oh come on. That is not what the sex positive movement is about at all.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Pick posted:

Depression is tightly wound with low empathy, it has a lot to do with missing developmental milestones related to communication. You can witness it on our very GBS!

Oh come on, you don't need to equate depression and autism just because your taste in men sucks.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Guy Mann posted:

You know how in old D&D women had -1 Strength and +1 Charisma? I want to see a wall of text from /r/Incels breaking down exactly how broken and unbalanced Chads and Stacies are.

For the record in orignal D&D there are no gender differences for humans. This was something added then removed in later versions but remains a hallmark of the sort of D&D knockoffs called heartbreakers which I feel confident in accusing a lot of these so called “wizards” of being into or writing themselves.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Incels are into FATAL you loving know it

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Furia posted:

Incels are into FATAL you loving know it

Considering it is basically their worldview, that is absolutely guaranteed.

Turtlicious
Sep 17, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i laugh as i stare at the thread
"actually no, it is you who are the incel, im the well adjusted adult."

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

mind the walrus posted:

Well that's just it. They're a generation of boys taught that they're the protagonist of their lives and by extension the world, and can't reconcile that latent narcissistic value with the realities of life. I was lucky to be broken of that mentality when I was young. Incels have created an ouroboros of septic affirmations that has them running nowhere and fast.

I don't know about girls that like casual sex all having rock bottom self-esteem though. Some must by law of averages, but whatever their underlying reason it's their choice and has poo poo all to do with me or my approval.

To be fair, everyone literally is the protagonist of their own life.

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

I'm mostly the antagonist to be honest.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I am the sonic the hedgehog of my life

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I'm more of a background character.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
I'm Johnny Bravo

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

I see myself as more of an elmer fudd figure

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
This is me, I am exactly like this. This is the purest expression of my essence as a human being

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TT2GRpwwS8M

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

i'm at least 100 different funny things in pictures

Barudak
May 7, 2007

Just lmao if you arent the woman as temptress in your own heroes journey.

NO FUCK YOU DAD
Oct 23, 2008

Pick posted:

Or, if you're a sane person, the sex positive movement is good because women sometimes like to bone and should be able to do so without being considered a whore for liking it or an idiot for getting tricked into it.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Literally A Person
Jan 1, 1970

Smugworth Wuz Here

Seriously, lol'd.

:wtc:

STABASS
Apr 18, 2009

Fun Shoe
most days you can find me running down the street screaming POPPED CHERRY DON'T MARRY

goethe.cx
Apr 23, 2014

Cantaloupe posted:

most days you can find me running down the street screaming POPPED CHERRY DON'T MARRY

this but outside courthouses and at funerals, WBC style

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

I mean you really shouldn't buy diamonds just in general, with a possible exception for synthetic diamonds.

Wicker Man
Sep 5, 2007

Just like Columbus...

Clapping Larry

chumbler posted:

I mean you really shouldn't buy diamonds just in general, with a possible exception for synthetic diamonds.

But the diamond adds on the radio make me feel like less of a good person for not getting a true, AUTHENTIC diamond :saddowns:

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
Christian social morals create such hosed up attitudes, even in non-Christians. Pick's "how dare anyone suggest women might enjoy sex for fun" and incels "loving whores having sex but not with me" seem like two fruits of the same tree

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

no hymen no dymen

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
If she's busted her hymen she's long past her prime, man.

My Linux Rig
Mar 27, 2010
Probation
Can't post for 6 years!

ikanreed posted:

Christian social morals create such hosed up attitudes, even in non-Christians. Pick's "how dare anyone suggest women might enjoy sex for fun" and incels "loving whores having sex but not with me" seem like two fruits of the same tree

That's because it totally is. For one, the whole "women release a hormone that makes them love who they gently caress but it wears off after so many partners so don't be promiscuous!" Is totally out of a Catholic Sunday school textbook. I wouldn't be surprised if more of their theories on women have a religious background.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lazorexplosion
Mar 19, 2016

Low relative grip strength is a massive incel trait

If your grip strength is weak relative to how much you weigh, women are repulsed by you. It is the single best indicator for overall physical ability, from muscle strength to cardiac health.

Forget about "muh bench-press and deadlift bro!". Buy a digital hand dynamometer, sit down with your elbow bent at 90 degrees and squeeze.

Very quick and efficient way to give you an idea of how bad your subhumanity is.

• Locked thread