Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

The animal crossing amiibo didn’t do all that well outside of the big main characters but I believe the cards did pretty good.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
I wouldn't mind more amiibo of the big main characters.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Frye/Shiver/Big Man amiibo when?!

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Looks like Pyra/the other one was up on BB but sold out:

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/nintendo-amiibo-pyra-mythra-2-pack-super-smash-bros-series/6542569.p?skuId=6542569

Hasn't shown up on Target or Amazon yet.

Don't buy it from GS, just let that place die.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Had to pay $7 shipping, but secured the sword ladies. Only one more spiky idiot to go and then I’ll be freeeeee

Watch the new Switch be announced the same day the last amiibo comes out with launch day Smash.

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
There’s a decent chance Sora isn’t coming. Apparently the final update for SSBU didn’t add the data for a Sora amiibo in the way we saw data added for all the other characters.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Pirate Jet posted:

There’s a decent chance Sora isn’t coming. Apparently the final update for SSBU didn’t add the data for a Sora amiibo in the way we saw data added for all the other characters.

Really?

If that were true, I would assume it was because Disney

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

Really?

If that were true, I would assume it was because Disney

That would almost certainly be the reason. Disney is notoriously difficult to work with on merchandising let alone licensing. I’d be surprised if Nintendo was willing to cut them in on the standard price of an amiibo.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Dang, that availability did not last long. Oh well, maybe there'll be more closer to the date.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Man those Mythra and Pyra Amiibo were hard as poo poo to pre order. Much worse than most of the recent ones. Wonder why?

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Invalid Validation posted:

Man those Mythra and Pyra Amiibo were hard as poo poo to pre order. Much worse than most of the recent ones. Wonder why?

poor man's waifu statue.

Azubah
Jun 5, 2007

I forgot I preordered it and was surprised to see best buy was ready for me to get it.

How long ago did they announce those?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Echophonic posted:

Dang, that availability did not last long. Oh well, maybe there'll be more closer to the date.

I hate to tell you, but the date was yesterday. It was when any extras or day-of quantities went up for sale, not preorder.

Maybe they'll do a second run eventually.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Is this one actually hard to get in stores on day 1?

That's odd.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Nanigans posted:

I hate to tell you, but the date was yesterday. It was when any extras or day-of quantities went up for sale, not preorder.

Maybe they'll do a second run eventually.

Oh.

:rip:

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

I accidentally ordered sword waifus from two retailers, so for cost plus shipping I have a spare

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0C2XXMPLY/ref=as_li_ss_tl?ie=UTF8&smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&th=1&linkCode=sl1&tag=ntdeku-20

Pyra and Mythra on Amazon rn

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

jivjov posted:

I accidentally ordered sword waifus from two retailers, so for cost plus shipping I have a spare

Oh, sweet, sure! I'll send you a PM and we can hammer out the details.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I don't even know who they are but ordered them because I need all the smash figs or my brain will hurt.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

https://twitter.com/amiibonews/status/1683152925357400064?s=46&t=ZmcWuigp8va-srUE4rOQ8Q

Back up for now

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Hey someone gave me a whole box of free amiibos, problem is a whole bunch of them have been custom painted for some reason, any ideas on the best way to get rid of the paint?

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Probably depends on the paint.

I'm pretty sure you don't want to use acetone.

Maybe post pics?

PneumonicBook
Sep 26, 2007

Do you like our owl?

Ultra Carp

Waltzing Along posted:

I don't even know who they are but ordered them because I need all the smash figs or my brain will hurt.

I have every other smash amiibo but missed out on these two lol.

Pretty sure I'm just going to sell all of them on ebay now. I have been freed.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Waltzing Along posted:

Probably depends on the paint.

I'm pretty sure you don't want to use acetone.

Maybe post pics?

I'm not sure what kind of paint it is, here is one of them

[img][/img]

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:
Looks like Acryllic?

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
There's something called Simple Green that people use for taking paint off of Warhammer miniatures. It's relatively gentle, but of course removing paint from pure grey plastic is a little different. Might be worth getting a bottle of that and doing a test (soaking part of the figure for a few minutes then gently scrubbing with a toothbrush) on the least valuable Amiibo.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'll have a look, thanks Corin

Zwingley
Sep 20, 2011

"My dear Seth, you look absolutely dashing!"

Hair Elf
Posting in the gunpla or plastic model threads may also yield better insight

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Zwingley posted:

Posting in the gunpla or plastic model threads may also yield better insight

Good idea, thank you

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm pretty happy that more than half of them are not painted/damaged so I got a decent haul for free, should I post them?

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Sure, I like to see free amiibo hauls.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
Non-painted

Painted

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Lotta effort was spent on loving up these Amiibos. You kind of have to respect it.

Corin Tucker's Stalker
May 27, 2001

One bullet. One gun. Six Chambers. These are my friends.
lol at Captain America Dedede and Saw Jigglypuff

Sockser
Jun 28, 2007

This world only remembers the results!

Aw man I’d feel bad about removing paint from some of them, they’re so cute, they tell a story about who used to own them

That black Kirby? Goku Ken? Trunks Cloud? Those are super cute, man.

The Sword Mii Zero is so rad

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

That’s a good haul, lot of the painted ones are worth sometime too might as well try to unpaint them.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
For free, that's an amazing haul. How did you get them?

I'm guessing the non-painted are worth 1k or so, just from a quick look over. Same for the painted ones. Dunno if their value is higher or lower after the paint. Probably lower but...who knows what people think.

Macdeo Lurjtux
Jul 5, 2011

BRRREADSTOOORRM!
Did they paint Cloud up like a specific character or did they think he wasn't anime enough?

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Trunks from Dragon Ball Super which is what Cloud ripped off in the first place. Full circle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

pentyne
Nov 7, 2012

Waltzing Along posted:

For free, that's an amazing haul. How did you get them?

I'm guessing the non-painted are worth 1k or so, just from a quick look over. Same for the painted ones. Dunno if their value is higher or lower after the paint. Probably lower but...who knows what people think.

lots of the early SSB ones have never and likely will never get a reprint so who knows how insane their prices will get.