Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Baku
Aug 20, 2005

by Fluffdaddy

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

all i can say is if you and your friends showed up at a three-percenter meeting and pepper sprayed them, they'd beat the gently caress out of you and/or shoot you and not make any apologies for it

Yeah. "Adults don't react to a pepper spray attack by open carrying next time" is only true if you think leftists are the only adults; right-wingers absolutely respond to that sort of thing with escalating personal force, and liberals respond to even the threat of mild inconvenience by involving the police and professional security who carry guns.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Japan had some pretty massive left wing demonstrations recently, didn't they?

A bit impressive given Japanese left-wingers got murdered mid-speech on camera within living memory.

Charles 2 of Spain
Nov 7, 2017

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

Japan had some pretty massive left wing demonstrations recently, didn't they?
The biggest one was against the constitution changing, but that was a while back. What's happening more is the pushback against the far-right who constantly do demonstrations.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 23 days!)

Oh I'm thinking of the Japanese Occupy, which was one of the biggest outside the United States.

Reclines Obesily
Jul 24, 2000

Hey Moona!
Slippery Tilde
they had protests all over japan for lgbt rights a few months ago

but its good these wacko far right rallies are being poo poo on

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Suspicious posted:

many ppl itt have been staring too long into the abyss

https://twitter.com/existentialcoms/status/898249458353283076?lang=en

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...

No but you see democrats = kkk and communists killed more than Hitler

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer
Guns are good but if neonazis came to a dsa meeting and lined everyone up and started systematically executing them, and you heroically shot and killed the nazis while they were in the process, and the whole thing was recorded on video so there was no ambiguity about it whatsoever, you would be charged with murder one for not only the nazis that you killed but also the dsa members that they managed to execute before you intervened.

Guns are good and cool and have defensive uses outside of actually killing nazis. If you are being systematically harassed by nazis you can post pictures of you at the range on Facebook, or clean and maintain your guns on your front porch if you live in a house. Both of these publicly show that you are capable of immediate lethal self defense and can be extremely effective in preventing your harassment by neonazis, because they are do not want to die, even if it would also mean your death. You could also just wear a glock shirt or something but you will end up in conversations you do not want to have with people you hate.

The idea of "just get a taser or pepper spray or a baton" is dumb as poo poo because the purpose of self defense is not to present some fair fight, it is to use overwhelming force or the threat thereof to secure your safety. Also batons and tasers are generally illegal for civilian possession. Also if neonazis show up and pepper spray you and you pepper spray them you are the one that is facing long term consequences.

Additionally, the idea of "if they show up and start some poo poo you put them six feet underground" is dumb as poo poo because we do not live in a TV show.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Killing nazis is always morally justifiable even if it is not always the most practical approach to personal success and comfort.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost
Go pies

MizPiz
May 29, 2013

by Athanatos
Honestly, anything the left does to defend itself will be turned into proof of treason and/or terrorism. Figuring out ways discourage what is in essence state-backed violence really just creates more "warning signs" for the powers that be to look out for. The question isn't "how do we avoid police harassment," it's "how do we counter it?"

Obviously, this doesn't mean you can go hog wild against the nazis, even if it is morally and ethically justified.

Poniard
Apr 3, 2011

MizPiz posted:

go hog wild against the nazis,

:hmmyes:

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

https://twitter.com/tariqnasheed/status/1023803789336174594

empty quote this video to drive out the centrists from this thread

snoremac
Jul 27, 2012

I LOVE SEEING DEAD BABIES ON 𝕏, THE EVERYTHING APP. IT'S WORTH IT FOR THE FOLLOWING TAB.
idgi re neo-Nazis

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Bushiz posted:

Also batons and tasers are generally illegal for civilian possession.

What. This is absolutely wrong. Tasers are legal in 47 states and clubs are in 45. Pepper spray is legal in all 50, and is mostly unregulated in 40.

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Mysteriously, actual antifa haven't killed any nazis, and in fact avoid turning up to event with lethal weapons, both for practical and ethical reasons. They do good and necessary work. It's only mentally ill keyboard warriors who jerk off to actually killing people.

e: I guess I should clarify: in the US, and in the last few years since they reared their heads again

fool of sound has issued a correction as of 07:42 on Sep 29, 2018

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

fool_of_sound posted:

Mysteriously, actual antifa haven't killed any nazis, and in fact avoid turning up to event with lethal weapons, both for practical and ethical reasons. They do good and necessary work. It's only mentally ill keyboard warriors who jerk off to actually killing people.

not wanting to get gunned down by pigs is not for "ethical reasons"

fool_of_sound posted:

e: I guess I should clarify: in the US, and in the last few years since they reared their heads again

Bushiz
Sep 21, 2004

The #1 Threat to Ba Sing Se

Grimey Drawer

fool_of_sound posted:

What. This is absolutely wrong. Tasers are legal in 47 states and clubs are in 45. Pepper spray is legal in all 50, and is mostly unregulated in 40.

Tasers are heavily restricted by municipalities and club laws are a morass that basically amounts to "illegal if the cop doesn't like you"

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
You know he's the villain, because he's got shifty eyes.

there are many violent things you can do to fascists that 1) won't endanger bystanders and 2) won't leave anyone dead. immediately escalating confrontations with fascists to use of deadly force is bad and plays exactly into their narrative

btw antifa has yet to respond to fascists provocation with deadly force so what is that tweet supposed to mean in this context, exactly?

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

Suspicious posted:

there are many violent things you can do to fascists that 1) won't endanger bystanders and 2) won't leave anyone dead. immediately escalating confrontations with fascists to use of deadly force is bad and plays exactly into their narrative

btw antifa has yet to respond to fascists provocation with deadly force so what is that tweet supposed to mean in this context, exactly?

The context of people whinging about violence against nazis?

Peanut Butler
Jul 25, 2003

snidely dickrash

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

I'm so glad the lefty gun nuts are here to jerk themselves off over being the one good guy with a gun when provoking right-wing fuckholes into lethal violence

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

"Oh hey, the cops are here, they'll surely see that me spraying bullets into the crowd was only self-defence against fac-urk"

Ghost Leviathan
Mar 2, 2017

Exploration is ill-advised.
The cops fear cameras more than they fear guns.

MysticalMachineGun
Apr 5, 2005

Ghost Leviathan posted:

The cops fear cameras more than they fear guns.

:hfive:

While getting pepper sprayed in the face sucks a lot, having video evidence of these fuckers attacking people unprovoked and cops high fiving them will lead to consequences for them

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

are they losing their poo poo over AC odyssy yet since you can play as a woman?

420 Gank Mid posted:

https://twitter.com/tariqnasheed/status/1023803789336174594

empty quote this video to drive out the centrists from this thread

jesus. that chud seems really loving dumb even for a chud. like "let me just pick a fight with the black guy thats built like a brick outhouse and will go Kazuma Kyru on my stupid rear end".

Dapper_Swindler
Feb 14, 2012

Im glad my instant dislike in you has been validated again and again.

christ. loving carlos the 2nd would be proud.

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005

420 Gank Mid posted:

The context of people whinging about violence against nazis?

they weren't whinging about violence against nazis, they were objecting to immediately escalating hostilities to use of deadly force. you don't shoot a nazi who pepper sprays you unless you want tomorrow's headline to be "crazed leftist murders patriot over harmless prank"

Unbelievably Fat Man
Jun 1, 2000

Innocent people. I could never hurt innocent people.

Not Louisville, but I'm part of the security team for a DSA local. The response to violence from fascists is something to consider very carefully. Shows of force are pretty much the only thing they will respect, but will use those against us to the best of their ability. A good comrade of mine almost got arrested for the crime of forcing his way in between a fascist wailing on a lady.

I'm lucky in that I live in a liberal bastion so that we can without fail massively overwhelm with huge numbers. Doxing is a tactic that works fairly well with smaller numbers. And in small groups often times just standing up to them firmly and strongly will chase them off. They're looking to terrify you and if that doesn't work they'll leave.

Slugnoid
Jun 23, 2006

Nap Ghost

Dapper_Swindler posted:

how big are her tits?

Goast
Jul 23, 2011

by VideoGames

Slugnoid posted:

how big are her tits?

not very but apparently she is also supposed to be a spartan and is pale so she will probably turn into their spartan waifu

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005
in ac liberation you played as a woman too. a black one even

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King
lotta weird Sons of Anarchy roleplay ITT

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
So nazis have been showing up to our BLCs w guns, trying to scare us and people off

Apparently to the centrist loving morons itt, asking that we also have guns is a violent mass shooting murder fantasy

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

Dapper_Swindler posted:

I remember they tried really hard to prove they weren't freaking out about Mafia III and its black protagonist with white racist antagonists. My only criticism of the game is that there aren't enough racists to kill. And if you don't play it with the Black Panther skin and the AK-47 you are playing it wrong

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

Slim Jim Pickens posted:

Tbf nobody gave you the reading list on how not to be stupid

Pretty rich considering you think both sides are the same and nazis should be protected at all costs, but told one to kill themselves

Martin Random
Jul 18, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

A Gnarlacious Bro posted:

And you really beilve that don't you

Why don't the cops attack Fritz? Does Fritz know why?

Fritz is the white privileged college educated liberal's worldview. And it's not very healthy to be a crow around him and his attempts to reify his ideals.

Edit: Ideals espoused by the privileged is divorced from personal consequences and its effect on the oppressed, even if they are the correct ideals. Perhaps if the crows had developed community self defense to the point where these ideals could be espoused by members of the oppressed, with the result not being a slaughter of minorities.

It's a critique that I'm afraid might have gone over your head, AGB. It's certainly gone over the heads of many DSA.

Martin Random has issued a correction as of 16:27 on Sep 29, 2018

Suspicious
Apr 30, 2005

Phi230 posted:

So nazis have been showing up to our BLCs w guns, trying to scare us and people off

Apparently to the centrist loving morons itt, asking that we also have guns is a violent mass shooting murder fantasy

that's noy what was said at all but keep knocking down those strawmen

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

Phi230 posted:

you see, any DSA guy with pappy’s service revolver is a Real Good Guy With A Gun! this certainly won’t lead to mass murder in a public place!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

TenementFunster posted:

you see, any DSA guy with pappy’s service revolver is a Real Good Guy With A Gun! this certainly won’t lead to mass murder in a public place!

The point isnt to actually use them, it's to make the chuds think twice about using theirs