Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
So apparently I have 169 superfluous crewmembers to mulch in the upcoming skill fuckery.

35 USA, 25 GER, 29 USSR, 22 UK, 18 FRA, 5 CZE, 3 JPN, 7 CHN, 8 SIEMA PL?!?!?!?!?!?!, 12 SWE, 5 ITA

You'd better believe I'm going to wait, though - because it sounds like it's a mass-mulching script, and I've a few zero-perk BiA crewmembers with no other skills whom I wouldn't be shocked if they don't get recycled because someone at WG didn't bother to weigh their value when coding the feature.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

A few good games, but overall it's been a hard past few days in tanks :smith:.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

"Why I have won 1/8 games today dot jpg"

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

"Why I have won 1/8 games today dot jpg"

Like, it's been worse than usually lately. I've had multiple games where most tanks on either side do either 0 or 1 shots of damage. It's really making games unfun to play :smith:.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mesadoram posted:

Like, it's been worse than usually lately. I've had multiple games where most tanks on either side do either 0 or 1 shots of damage. It's really making games unfun to play :smith:.

Yeah, it's complete dog poo poo. I don't know if there's some new type of bot they're not detecting or bothering banning, or if they finally got the Internet in some backwoods russian village and they're all playing WoT, but you're right. It's completely normal to see 40-50% of a team doing 0 damage, or like one HE non pen.

On the positive(?) side:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I should just bite the bullet and go down that tree. They seem like a lot of fun to play and SUPER annoying to play against when played correctly.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

You definitely should. They are insanely fun.

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

Holy shit! I have a tail?!
I had a game today where I actually managed to shame the pubbies into doing something! We're North spawn on Ghost Town, it's Tier 4-5, and I poo poo you not we have half our team in A2 at the TD bushes. All the mediums headed straight there, most of the TDs as well (which is more reasonable).

I'm in a Wolverine and acting like a medium because gently caress getting involved in that traffic jam. In between getting kills in the hills I'm just constantly bitching at these guys in A2 and they actually did start moving. Eventually. We did win, so it's all good.

Immediately turned chat off after the battle so I don't get tempted to try again, I'm pretty sure I'll never be able to get pubbies to be almost useful a second time.

ninjaiguana fucked around with this message at 17:31 on Apr 4, 2024

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

There should be a mod to automatically get the free gift every time you log in. Why not done?

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I am just getting my rear end whooped tonight. Holy gently caress.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

McGavin posted:

There should be a mod to automatically get the free gift every time you log in. Why not done?

I think the free gift is on a timer - you have to wait *exactly* 24h since the last time you claimed it.

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004

Mesadoram posted:

I should just bite the bullet and go down that tree. They seem like a lot of fun to play and SUPER annoying to play against when played correctly.

Yup if everything fails you can still zoom around doing donuts, pick off scattered oneshots or go for enemy arties with 500 damage HE.
Just ban tight corridor maps like Mines and Abbey. They are even worse than cities for EBRs.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

sauer kraut posted:

Yup if everything fails you can still zoom around doing donuts, pick off scattered oneshots or go for enemy arties with 500 damage HE.
Just ban tight corridor maps like Mines and Abbey. They are even worse than cities for EBRs.

:hmmyes:

It will be my next purchase.

Speaking of which, I bought back the M6 and holy poo poo this thing is a monster. No armor to speak of, but the gun is fantastic.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

sauer kraut posted:

It's worth noting that 500 damage HE is a T9/T10 thing, but even the lower tiers definitely do have beefy HE, the bullshit accuracy to use it, and also tons of speed. You don't HAVE to always zoom around at max speed, you CAN do light tank things, but the speed is also a great benefit. The ability to quickly pop over ridge lines to spot and maybe blap someone for 280 damage before dipping back to safety is something that people have such a hard time dealing with.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
I just realized I do not have any T7 heavies. I could buy back my old go to (KV-3) but I think it might be just be a bullet sponge at this point. Anyone have any luck with T7 heavies recently?

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Aside from the Japanese TD, tier 7s are universally poo poo.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

McGavin posted:

Even the T29?

That's disheartening :smith:

But yeah, the Chi-To SP loving rules :unsmith:.

Vando
Oct 26, 2007

stoats about
The issue is T7s aren't poo poo in themselves but you're matched with busto T8 premiums most of the time so it's an even worse experience than using a tech tree T8

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Vando posted:

The issue is T7s aren't poo poo in themselves but you're matched with busto T8 premiums most of the time so it's an even worse experience than using a tech tree T8

That sadly makes too much sense :smith:

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Tier 7s are in a lovely place because they regularly see tier 9s while being tuned to not be ludicrously OP against tier 5s. Tier 6s aren't as bad because they rarely see tier 8s because there are so many people playing tier 8 that all the tier 8s get sucked into tier 8 only battles or being fodder for tier 10s.

Sayara
May 10, 2009
Tiger and T29 are your go to tanks for tier VII if you want to play that tier heavies. Tiger has glorious gun, T29 has decent gun and armour.

Also yes get used to seeing tier 8s alot. System gave up on giving me the first few easy top tier games with BZ-58 and put me straight in game with 8s.

Sayara fucked around with this message at 16:01 on Apr 5, 2024

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

McGavin posted:

t29, cs-44, t20, tiger i, comet, amx 45 are all good

McGavin
Sep 18, 2012

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

t29, cs-44, t20, tiger i, comet, amx 45 are all good

:wrong:

sauer kraut
Oct 2, 2004
There are no tier 7-only matches at all, and there's overwhelmingly more 8/9 than 5/6 so :smith:
Double :smith: for heavies banking on armor at all. The Tiger is passable if you use the dpm and hp pool without expecting to bounce anything, but ehh.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

The Lynx 6x6? A lot of fun.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Incidentally as you can see from the BP points, I completed all three dailies in one game:

Top 3 by damage
Five crits in one battle
Damage seven enemies in one battle

:coal:

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

Incidentally as you can see from the BP points, I completed all three dailies in one game:

Top 3 by damage
Five crits in one battle
Damage seven enemies in one battle

:coal:

:hfive:

ZogrimAteMyHamster
Dec 8, 2015

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

The Lynx 6x6? A lot of fun.

Currently loving hating the grind because if playing solo I am 95% likely to get windlowlickers and shoe-chewers on my team whenever I take it out. When platooned we still get the poo poo team, but also immediately get dunked by +2MM.

When it works, it's great, I'll agree completely on that one. Those HE rounds against anything with weak armour are just :discourse: and in particular I will never tire of racing around, being an irritating little poo poo, and slapping any sort of tryharding BC for a surprise 320dmg as I blaze straight past at 80km/h (usually just to get blown up myself by camping Doom Cannon TDs but whatever).

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
So they just reset all of my graphics settings.

God damnit...

Fake Edit: Oh god they reset ALL of my settings. God loving damnit this is going to take me forever to get all my controls and graphics settings back to what I wanted.

Actual Edit: Turns out I didn't customize much. Easy fix, mini-panic attack adverted.

Mesadoram fucked around with this message at 07:04 on Apr 6, 2024

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

ZogrimAteMyHamster posted:

Currently loving hating the grind because if playing solo I am 95% likely to get windlowlickers and shoe-chewers on my team whenever I take it out. When platooned we still get the poo poo team, but also immediately get dunked by +2MM.

Sadly I don't have anyone to platoon with, so I'm mostly playing my wheeled lights to do damage. If someone happens to shoot at the poo poo I'm spotting while I do it, great, but I won't rely on it.

And the thing about these is that because the HE is so good, you have a very good chance of taking out the enemy team's lights very quickly, at which point you can dominate. That doesn't ALWAYS help because these days your team can be down 0-5 in the time it takes for you to fire three HE shells into the enemy's light, but it helps.

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
This is such a beautiful tank. Just rock solid all around.

Their waffen panned the thickest part of my turret with a silver round. Looking at tanks.gg it was a 14% chance at penning.

:xcom:

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

At this point it isn't even questionable: every Patton the Tank player you still see is absolute dog poo poo.

Case in point, lkv 90 game as -2 bottom tier. Our top tier medium was a Patton, who spent the entire game camping at the red line, on the side of the Ghost Town with zero enemies. He got one shot in almost at the end of the game and finished with 89 damage. He spent the entire game complaining about people being mean and pinging him, because "we're on the same team".

46% WR player with over 30000 games.

E:

Dead last by every metric.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 15:28 on Apr 6, 2024

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
It's weird how it is such an awful tank and it seems to be driven exclusively by awful players.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

Mesadoram posted:

It's weird how it is such an awful tank and it seems to be driven exclusively by awful players.

I would assume that anyone with even two braincells would know it's dog poo poo and have better T9s to play.

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

Why do all the people who can't play lights emerge at the weekends? Siegfried Line standard battle, we're North spawn.

Guess on the grid squares our two lights spent the battle in?

Light #1: A1
Light #2: A5

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

I would assume that anyone with even two braincells would know it's dog poo poo and have better T9s to play.

BuT iT wUz FrEe

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
Had an actual good night in tanks. Kinda scared.

Shaman Tank Spec
Dec 26, 2003

*blep*

You know it's a good evening of tanks when you complete the "do the most damage on your team" daily with 720 damage.

I seriously don't know what the gently caress is going on right now, but the EU servers are so abysmally hosed with unbelievably awful and stupid players. Just beyond human comprehension how loving poo poo these people can be at the game.

E: and the worst possible time to be playing either A) the Swedish TDs or B) light tanks. The Swedish tanks are good at only one thing (wanking in a bush) and that's impossible to do when the team in front of you melts in a minute, or just doesn't exist because 90% of the team went down one flank and got held up by a single enemy. Or because the enemy team did the same. And there's absolutely no point in playing light tanks, because you can literally have an enemy tank spotted for minutes and nobody shoots at them.

I think I played 12 games tonight, and one (1) was not a complete and utter clusterfuck where one team just disintegrated in under two minutes.

Shaman Tank Spec fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Apr 7, 2024

ninjaiguana
Aug 1, 2009

Shaman Tank Spec posted:

You know it's a good evening of tanks when you complete the "do the most damage on your team" daily with 720 damage.

I seriously don't know what the gently caress is going on right now, but the EU servers are so abysmally hosed with unbelievably awful and stupid players. Just beyond human comprehension how loving poo poo these people can be at the game.

E: and the worst possible time to be playing either A) the Swedish TDs or B) light tanks. The Swedish tanks are good at only one thing (wanking in a bush) and that's impossible to do when the team in front of you melts in a minute, or just doesn't exist because 90% of the team went down one flank and got held up by a single enemy. Or because the enemy team did the same. And there's absolutely no point in playing light tanks, because you can literally have an enemy tank spotted for minutes and nobody shoots at them.

I think I played 12 games tonight, and one (1) was not a complete and utter clusterfuck where one team just disintegrated in under two minutes.

EU servers at the weekend do seem inundated with total incompetents recently. This is the third weekend I've really noticed quite a few of my teams being incomprehensibly poo poo. Like 'spotting a tank and then turning *away* from the newly spotted enemy to present their side armour to them with no other enemies in the area' kind of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mesadoram
Nov 4, 2009

Serious Business
OBJ 268 v5 is going to be for sale soon in the bond store. It looks OK on paper. Anyone have experience with it?