Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Berious
Nov 13, 2005

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Are you ready to shop 'til you drop in the PU???*

*Store Credits Not Valid

Any color you want as long as its grey

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Use timg

No loving meme jpegs please

:lurkmore:

RattiRatto
Jun 26, 2014

:gary: :I'd like to borrow $200M
:whatfor:
:gary: :To make vidya game

I did, but it was too late :smith:

Good try.
I'll keep my guns ready and loaded with those jpegs when i see a thread going crazy again

Damn Dirty Ape
Jan 23, 2015

I love you Dr. Zaius

A Neurotic Jew posted:

*Store Credits Not Valid

At least most of these are already in the T pose.

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx
https://forums.robertsspaceindustries.com/discussion/316508/comm-link-schedule-february-1st-2016

quote:

THE COMM-LINK SCHEDULE

Monday, February 1st
- [1500 PST / 2300 UTC] 10 for the Chairman: Episode 76 - https://www.youtube.com/user/RobertsSpaceInd/

Tuesday, February 2nd
- Jump Point Rerun

Wednesday, February 3rd
- Vault Update

Thursday, February 4th
- [1200 PST / 2000 UTC] Around the Verse: Episode 2.17 - https://www.youtube.com/user/RobertsSpaceInd/

Friday, February 5th
- [1100 PST / 1900 UTC] Reverse the Verse: The Community Team's Weekly Livestream - http://www.twitch.tv/cigcommunity

grimcreaper
Jan 7, 2012

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

:siren: Head over to the You must upgrade your account to platinum to view this message thread, some poo poo's going down, we need to keep this out of reddit so be careful yeah? anyone with any legal knowhow or Is good at writing this up into an article should pm me ASAP :siren:

Derek If you read this, this is some serious poo poo, I recommend you You must upgrade your account to platinum to view this message before You must upgrade your account to platinum to view this message

Holy poo poo dude... When the redditers see that. like.. gently caress. Thats bad. Thats depressing on a whole new level.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde

:eyepop:

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Berious posted:

Any color you want as long as its grey

Military grey, ocean grey, oxford grey . . . slate, granite, smoke, charcoal . . .

Incidentally, it is unwise to Google "shades of grey" on a work computer.

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

fuzzknot posted:

Bring it up in 10FTC. It'll be prioritized over birds and scarves.

But I want to know about the birds just as much as the furry tails! I am so torn :(

BeefThief
Aug 8, 2007

Star Citizen: Rumors stated as fact

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

A Neurotic Jew posted:

*Store Credits Not Valid

I don't know anything about making videogames (much like chris roberts) but doesn't this sort of poo poo usually go onto a model? Are we supposed to believe that clothes are going to be their own entities held on by shear forces?

fuctifino
Jun 11, 2001

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

drat Dirty Ape posted:

At least most of these are already in the T pose.

yeah but do they come whalesized

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

* scribbles furiously in notebook *

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Iglocska posted:

But I want to know about the birds just as much as the furry tails! I am so torn :(

Birds with furry tails and wearing scarves. :shepface:

DISCO KING
Oct 30, 2012

STILL
TRYING
TOO
HARD
Their business model screams F2P experience

Iglocska
Nov 23, 2015

fuzzknot posted:

Birds with furry tails and wearing scarves. :shepface:

This needs to be asked! I bet CR would say something along the lines of "sure, we'll do that too!".

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I googled "whale fursuit" so none of you have to

I'll humbly receive my thanks now

e: pm me for link to my patreon (don't want to shill up the thread)

Tijuana Bibliophile fucked around with this message at 21:51 on Feb 1, 2016

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice
New blog: Star Citizen - The Shafting

Underwhelmed
Mar 7, 2004

Nap Ghost

Decrepus posted:

I don't know anything about making videogames (much like chris roberts) but doesn't this sort of poo poo usually go onto a model? Are we supposed to believe that clothes are going to be their own entities held on by shear forces?

If you don't sell the clothes first, how will you pay for the models?

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Holy christ that's horrific.

Disappointed you didn't go with "The Shaftening" but I suppose you can't always get what you want. Where's your goon-de-yada verse?

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

WTF, you awful person.

Still. Suggest that in the 10FTC. Space whale furries are guaranteed to be the next big thing.

Brazilianpeanutwar
Aug 27, 2015

Spent my walletfull, on a jpeg, desolate, will croberts make a whale of me yet?
Hey redditor lurker shitheads, I know something you don't knoooooooow! You must pm lowtax and beg him to read this message, but he'll make you do something embarrassing, oooh tough decision or maybe i'm lying? :D

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Brazilianpeanutwar fucked around with this message at 21:53 on Feb 1, 2016

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Beet Wagon posted:

Where's your goon-de-yada verse?

It'll release when the game does.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Napoleon Bonaparty posted:

Their business model screams F2P experience

An f2p game will at least have the necessary systems in place to utilize whatever it is you just bought.

Seriously CIG has the most retarded way of making a video game I've ever seen. They start from the top and work themselves down.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Hell yes, going to settle down with a vodka and do some reading

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

Brazilianpeanutwar posted:

Hey redditor lurker shitheads, I know something you don't knoooooooow! [spoiler]You must pm lowtax and beg him to read this message, but he'll make you do something embarrassing, oooh tough decision[/s] or maybe i'm lying? :D

Slick :D

Goobs
Jan 30, 2016

Doxcat is watching you PU.

omfg. im dying.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

I want to pour gasoline on them and light them on fire even more than i want star citizen to fail.

Berious
Nov 13, 2005

Beet Wagon posted:

Holy christ that's horrific.

Im really bothered by the feet and tail. Go with one or the other, a horrific six limbed dead space monstrosity isn't very yiffable

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

I don't think we ever settled the question of how many backers there could possibly be

The "Citizen" counter means nothing obviously. Then there's the "UEE Fleet size" or whatever counter, that was like 700,000 to 800,000, and that everybody assumed was the number of backers. Then Lando said in some chat that this was the number of ships sold, that might chop the backer number in as much as half

Pretty soon thereafter, they removed the fleet size counter from their funding page, which I'd take as a tacit confirmation that it was in fact the number of ships, not backers.

Have I missed something?

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Berious posted:

yiffable

NO. Just NO.

MOLE POBLANO

4 cups chicken broth
6 mulato chiles (may substitue ancho)
4 pasilla negro chiles (may substitute 1 teaspoon ground red chili powder)
2 ancho chiles
3/4 pound (4 or 5) Roma tomatoes, cored (do not chop)
1/4 pound (3 or 4) small tomatilloes, husked (do not chop)
2 (1/4-inch thick) slices white onion
2 garlic cloves, peeled (do not chop)
1 (6- to 7-inch) corn tortilla, quartered
1 slice (1 ounce) French bread
2 tablespoons raisins
1 cinnamon stick
1/4 cup salted dry-roasted peanuts (if only unsalted are available, sprinkle with dash salt)
1/4 cup slivered almonds
2 tablespoons hulled raw green pumpkin seeds
1/2 teaspoon comino seeds
4 whole cloves
1/4 teaspoon whole allspice
2 teaspoons sugar
2 teaspoons salt
2 ounces Mexcan chocolate (Ibarra recommended)

Pour the broth and 2 cups water into large pot. Bring to boil, reduce heat to low, and cover.

Rinse the chiles; cut open; and remove seeds, stems, and veins. Toast them lightly in a large dry skillet for several seconds a side, taking care not to burn them. Immediately put them into the pot with the broth.

Pour 1 tablespoon vegetable oil into the skillet. Add the tomatoes and tomatilloes and cook 5-6 minutes or until they begin to brown. Add to the broth.

Cook the onion and garlic in the skillet 4-5 minutes or until they begin to brown and add to broth. Add raisins and cinnamon stick to broth. Stir broth to mix and cook, uncovered, over low heat about 20 minutes or until chiles and vegetables are soft. Remove pot from heat and cool.

Put roasted peanuts in a bowl. In a medium dry skillet, toast almonds 2-3 minutes or until they are lightly browned. Add to peanuts. In the same skillet, toast the pumpkin seeds a few seconds until they start to pop around the pan; then add to peanuts. Toast the comino seeds 2-3 seconds and add to peanuts. Cool the nut mixture. Add cloves, allspice, sugar, and salt. Pour nut mixture into blender and grind as finely as possible. Pour back into bowl and set aside.

Remove the cinnamon stick from the broth and discard. Pour the broth and vegetable mixture into the blender in batches and purée as smoothly as possible. As the batches of mole come out of the blender, pour them into a large bowl. When all the mole has been blended, wipe the pot clean.

Heat two tablespoons vegetable oil in the pot. Slowly pour in the mole and bring to boil, stirring, and cook 3-4 minutes. Reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, 30 minutes, stirring frequently. Add the chocolate and stir well till chocolate melts. If mole is too thick, add more chicken broth. Simmer, partially covered, 15 minutes. Adjust seasoning. Mole is ready to serve, but it is better if left to sit in refrigerator overnight and reheated the next day.

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

I don't think we ever settled the question of how many backers there could possibly be

The "Citizen" counter means nothing obviously. Then there's the "UEE Fleet size" or whatever counter, that was like 700,000 to 800,000, and that everybody assumed was the number of backers. Then Lando said in some chat that this was the number of ships sold, that might chop the backer number in as much as half

Pretty soon thereafter, they removed the fleet size counter from their funding page, which I'd take as a tacit confirmation that it was in fact the number of ships, not backers.

Have I missed something?

Someone should call Guinness book of records and go like " look the crodwfunded project you already gave two records to, now they have over a million backers! that's gotta be a record no? "
Then they investigate and we get the truth : Profit

Hav
Dec 11, 2009

Fun Shoe

fuzzknot posted:

Ooo. No. That might be a good alternative to a mandoline for fancy-looking fresh vegetables since I refuse to teach Bootcha how to use the mandoline.

Cut proof gloves are great for mandolins. Seriously, I tend to use them with my non-knife hand anyway because I have to protect my shitposting.

Rudager
Apr 29, 2008

Have I missed something?

The funding number on the site I might have missed it, but I don't think there's any verification that it's 100% accurate.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Berious posted:

Im really bothered by the feet and tail. Go with one or the other, a horrific six limbed dead space monstrosity isn't very yiffable

This is just conjecture, but I think that thing was supposed to be some sort of orca/dragon hybrid, based on the wings and face.

Although I do wish all the people who made whale fursuits were required to give up the use of their legs while wearing them.

"Hey Mike, will you drag me into the My Little Pony Writer's Roundtable? My legs are stuck down into my drat tail and it makes it impossible to walk..."

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

fuzzknot posted:

NO. Just NO.
MOLE POBLANO

Hey, that's what I call myself when I put on my molesuit for some sweet yiff times

G0RF
Mar 19, 2015

Some galactic defender you are, Space Cadet.

AP posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea_S910A89k&t=682s

Time stamp to Star Marine :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

Dolvak says he thinks Chris Roberts is like Hitler and he watched Sandi Gardiner kill a man and eat his heart. Pretty hosed up that, I assume he's joking.

How AMAZING is their discussion about the Star Citizen / Saitek HOTAS delays? Just find and replace and the past was prologue.

----

"Bad news everyone. Star Marine is on hold."
- Ennis

"The feeling I'm getting is its Illfonic's fault. They can't say it because they're under contract to not badmouth each other but the look on their faces..." (It's Illfonic's fault.)
- CmdrCruisinTom

"They promised something, cause they were sure, and something went wrong at Illfonic, and I'm disappointed in Illfonic."
- Ennis.

"I'm not-- we don't know what happened."
- Dolvak (incredibly, as the voice of reason on this one.)

"This could be a really good thing if they've identified something along (illfonic's) code that could be a quality issue."
- Shiver

"It's true But, we're still missing one of the main components about the promised game..."
- Ennis.

-----

Then they chatter further about missed dates, broken promises, and their disappointment. They know ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about what went wrong with the HOTAS, yet assume faultlessness on CIG's part and (with the exception of Dolvak) are ready to either cast blame or, in Shiver's case, spin the delay as good news.

INN, and the Spergosphere, in a nutshell. It's incredible how they can be so hypocritical and yet so oblivious to it. It blows my mind even given my low opinion of their objectivity.

fuzzknot
Mar 23, 2009

Yip yip yip yip yip

Hav posted:

Cut proof gloves are great for mandolins. Seriously, I tend to use them with my non-knife hand anyway because I have to protect my shitposting.

I wear metal cut gloves on both hands when I use my mandoline, but I'm still not teaching Bootcha how to use it, at least not until he can chop an onion quickly and confidently.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Good blog, Derek. I like that everything is well referenced.

• Locked thread