Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Literally The Worst posted:

noted coploving forum, dnd

My most recent ban was because I told a bunch of people that it was creepy as gently caress that they were celebrating cops killing a mentally ill person. People kept reporting me until the mods had no choice.

The conspiracy is coming from within the forums man and the conspiracy is gangcyberstalking.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I thought it was because you made a detailed post about skullfucking children.

Evil Fluffy
Jul 13, 2009

Scholars are some of the most pompous and pedantic people I've ever had the joy of meeting.
His last ban was because he made a dumb toxx post in the Oregon occupation thread and it didn't have anything to do with cops, children, or DnD posters bullying the mods in to banning him.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

Evil Fluffy posted:

His last ban was because he made a dumb toxx post in the Oregon occupation thread and it didn't have anything to do with cops, children, or DnD posters bullying the mods in to banning him.

Which no one cared about until I started raining on their "cops should kill poor white people" hugfest and reported me en masse until the mods had to ban me over protest.

I'm far more sinned against than sinning here.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Yeah, you're a real martyr.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

site posted:

I thought it was because you made a detailed post about skullfucking children.

Which, in the context of Thatcherism, is a totally appropriate post.

A secret pedophile society running Britain used to be a conspiracy theory . . . But oops! It was totally true.

Just like GLADIO, MKUltra, Derin Devlet, yellow cake uranium, etc. Hell, this thread reacted with a "meh" to the proven conspiracy theory of massive intra and inter national spying by the US government.

Sure, I'll gimmick around about some stupid 9/11 poo poo and lizard people but there is so much real out there to explore. People just freak out because I'm not pooping my pants crazy -- even when I'm trolling I've been called "surprisingly plausible".

Put your ears to the ground and listen.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

Shbobdb posted:

Sure, I'll gimmick around about some stupid 9/11 poo poo and lizard people but there is so much real out there to explore. People just freak out because I'm not pooping my pants crazy -- even when I'm trolling I've been called "surprisingly plausible".

Congratulations on a surprisingly plausible impression of an actually mentally ill person?

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
Who talked about Scalia and Thomas actually performing seances and, at least believing that they could, talk to the dead?

Me.

Where does Scalia die? At a secret society whose purpose is exploring the cycle of life and death.

It's not rocket science.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese

Shbobdb posted:

Who talked about Scalia and Thomas actually performing seances and, at least believing that they could, talk to the dead?

Me.

Where does Scalia die? At a secret society whose purpose is exploring the cycle of life and death.

It's not rocket science.

No, rocket science requires actual evidence.

pop fly to McGillicutty
Feb 2, 2004

A peckish little mouse!

Shbobdb posted:

Me.

It's not rocket science.

As a long time Satanist and full fledged member of an unnamed society I can promise you that you're further from the truth than you realize. I would suggest looking where you failed to notice differences between now and then. In the spaces of your affinity and fluidity.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

How is yellowcake uranium a conspiracy theory?

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

BattleMaster posted:

How is yellowcake uranium a conspiracy theory?

I think (and I'm not sure because I don't speak fluent retard) it thinks that yellow cake uranium was actually sold to Saddam Hussein, and so is "true" like MKULTRA and Gladio in the sense that it happened.

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Tias posted:

I think (and I'm not sure because I don't speak fluent retard) it thinks that yellow cake uranium was actually sold to Saddam Hussein, and so is "true" like MKULTRA and Gladio in the sense that it happened.

actually it isn't true, the only yellowcake ever found in iraq was purchased before 1991 and was declared to the IAEA. the 2003 allegations are related to forged documents which claimed saddam was attempting to purchase more, which wasn't ever proven

Pope Guilty
Nov 6, 2006

The human animal is a beautiful and terrible creature, capable of limitless compassion and unfathomable cruelty.

Popular Thug Drink posted:

actually it isn't true, the only yellowcake ever found in iraq was purchased before 1991 and was declared to the IAEA. the 2003 allegations are related to forged documents which claimed saddam was attempting to purchase more, which wasn't ever proven

But oh boy were Joe Wilson and Valerie Plame punished for their role in trying to figure out whether or not it was true.

BattleMaster
Aug 14, 2000

Oh I thought he was saying that the existence of yellowcake in general was a myth discovered to be true, like if red mercury actually turned out to be a thing.

Tias
May 25, 2008

Pictured: the patron saint of internet political arguments (probably)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund

Popular Thug Drink posted:

No objections, I don't know enough to opine either way, I just know that Iraq had it at some point.

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
No, yellow cake and the whole build up to the invasion of Iraq was a conspiracy theory. They had nothing, but the Bush administration actively lied to make the invasion happen. Like they lied about not torturing people.

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

Shbobdb posted:

No, yellow cake and the whole build up to the invasion of Iraq was a conspiracy theory. They had nothing, but the Bush administration actively lied to make the invasion happen. Like they lied about not torturing people.

Yeah and an amazingly poor one too. I mean I realise that's exactly what conspiracy theorists say about their own pet conspiracies but as a dumb child of 16 at the time it seemed a set of incredibly dumb lies. It didn't take long to get proven either but a lot of the general reaction was still pretty much 'welp'.

Of course there were a lot of protests about the dodgy dossier even before the invasion but I find it funny that when a lot of these real actual conspiracies get uncovered they often get more or less forgotten quite quickly.

Armani
Jun 22, 2008

Now it's been 17 summers since I've seen my mother

But every night I see her smile inside my dreams

duck monster
Dec 15, 2004

This video is worth it just for the poindexter who turns up just after #6:25 . Almost fell over laughing. HE HAD A PILLOW OVER HIS HEAD

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
These two images are popular among the :tinfoil: crowd today.

Because the Illuminati would just put all the evil plans on one control panel that some jarhead has access to.

why won't you believe my crazy story that has no proof! Who would have though that being a weatherman would make you the target of loonies?

Mc Do Well
Aug 2, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
"When we were with the Contras in Nicaragua..."

I'm dying

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene

NLJP posted:

Yeah and an amazingly poor one too. I mean I realise that's exactly what conspiracy theorists say about their own pet conspiracies but as a dumb child of 16 at the time it seemed a set of incredibly dumb lies. It didn't take long to get proven either but a lot of the general reaction was still pretty much 'welp'.

Of course there were a lot of protests about the dodgy dossier even before the invasion but I find it funny that when a lot of these real actual conspiracies get uncovered they often get more or less forgotten quite quickly.

The problem with your reasoning is that the majority of Americans bought it. To say it was obviously false is arguing in bad faith. It wasn't obvious because a majority of Americans believed it.

From that you can conclude: a) that the majority of Americans are stupid b) that the majority of Americans are apathetic or c) that it really was cleverly concealed.

I think the right answer is "b". But that allows for pretty much every other conspiracy theory.

I mean, at the end of the day, you are right. It was obvious. But clearly what is obvious to you and me isn't obvious to most other people.

Because we care. So, come and care a little more with me.

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Shbobdb posted:

The problem with your reasoning is that the majority of Americans bought it.

lol no they didn't, unless you think deep-red Republican-types make up "the majority of Americans"

QuarkJets
Sep 8, 2008

Even the CIA and the US State Department independently were like "uhh guys this looks like bullshit", the White House just ignored them. That's more likely a sign of incompetency than anything.

The conspiracy theory here is that the White House or some government agency forged the yellowcake report, which has never been proven

NLJP
Aug 26, 2004

I should also have mentioned I was talking as an English dude

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

QuarkJets posted:

Even the CIA and the US State Department independently were like "uhh guys this looks like bullshit", the White House just ignored them. That's more likely a sign of incompetency than anything.

The conspiracy theory here is that the White House or some government agency forged the yellowcake report, which has never been proven

Can't see why there's even a theory behind this one since Bush screwing up despite being warned is hardly any kind of stretch of the imagination.

MikeCrotch
Nov 5, 2011

I AM UNJUSTIFIABLY PROUD OF MY SPAGHETTI BOLOGNESE RECIPE

YES, IT IS AN INCREDIBLY SIMPLE DISH

NO, IT IS NOT NORMAL TO USE A PEPPERAMI INSTEAD OF MINCED MEAT

YES, THERE IS TOO MUCH SALT IN MY RECIPE

NO, I WON'T STOP SHARING IT

more like BOLLOCKnese
Everyone should read Fiasco by Thomas E Ricks to really plumb the depths of how the US went to war because two Department of Defense guys and an exiled Iraqi were all "Saddam is a Real Bad Dude you guys!!! :supaburn:"

Also the total failure of the media to do any kind of investigative reporting.

razorrozar
Feb 21, 2012

by Cyrano4747

https://endzog.wordpress.com/2013/11/10/kristallnacht-history-schock-kristallnacht-was-instigated-by-jews-to-discredit-germany/

some rear end in a top hat nazi apologist posted:

What we saw on Kristallnacht was what we saw ON 9/11, and in Libya and now Syria and Ukraine as the Jews use their agents provocateurs, hired mobs and criminal elements to create major ‘false flags’ dramatically covered by worldwide by Jewsmedia stories against any government that they wish to destroy or bring down, regardless to the risk of any peace or safety to civilians, even fellow Jews.

:cripes:

Fried Watermelon
Dec 29, 2008

Its a bit of A and B.

People are stupid AND apathetic

If they have their bread and circuses you can do whatever you want as long as you don't upset that balance

boner confessor
Apr 25, 2013

by R. Guyovich

Fried Watermelon posted:

Its a bit of A and B.

People are stupid AND apathetic

If they have their bread and circuses you can do whatever you want as long as you don't upset that balance

imo it's more likely that americans are violent and hawkish, and post 9/11 were really really itching to go get those* motherfuckers

i was in high school/college in the early aughts and more or less all the 18 yo dudes i knew who were the kind of guys who would fight at the drop of a hat over the stupidest crap were the ones who piled over themselves to join the army and go shoot arabs. it was a very 'patriotic' honor-driven reaction. now extrapolate that from hormonal young adults to people who think that national security is #1 the most important government job and that the US is constantly on the brink of being invaded by communists and it's not hard to see how the white house could easily manipulate public favor to support a bullshit war

it was a dark time for leftists because none of us, personally, knew anyone who supported the war, and it was surreal to just see our nation marching off to fight a manufactured enemy

*TBD

boner confessor fucked around with this message at 16:37 on Mar 2, 2016

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Geostomp posted:

Can't see why there's even a theory behind this one since Bush screwing up despite being warned is hardly any kind of stretch of the imagination.

Bush and Blair did lie and basically fabricate evidence to take us to war in Iraq - that is true fact

JFairfax
Oct 23, 2008

by FactsAreUseless
17 September 2002

A member of the Defence Intelligence Staff says in an email to the JIC assessment team that the wording of the 45-minute claim is "rather strong since it is based on a single source. 'Could say intelligence suggests...'"

Downing Street media chief Alastair Campbell tells JIC chairman John Scarlett that the "may" in the main text wording of the claim is "weaker than the summary".

18 September 2002

Mr Scarlett tells Mr Campbell the language on the claim in the main text has been "tightened".

19 September 2002

Defence Intelligence Staff experts discuss the dossier, with questions raised about the 45-minute claim - Mr A told the Hutton inquiry they had not seen the intelligence on which the claim was based.

Brian Jones, a top DIS official in the Defence Intelligence Staff, writes to his managers relaying the concerns. He is later only thanked for his input.

24 September 2003

The dossier is published with a foreword from Tony Blair, which says: "The document discloses that his military planning allows for some of the WMD to be ready within 45 minutes of an order to use them."

The prime minister tells MPs the intelligence concludes that Saddam Hussein "has existing and active military plans for the use of chemical and biological weapons, which could be activated within 45 minutes, including against his own Shia population".

London's Evening Standard carries the headline: "45 minutes from attack".

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_politics/3466005.stm

Sir Tonk
Apr 18, 2006
Young Orc
http://www.lifecoachcode.com/2016/03/04/exposed-photos-from-inside-chemtrail-planes/

:biotruths:

A Fancy 400 lbs
Jul 24, 2008
How did they get a picture of the inside of my dick?

Shbobdb
Dec 16, 2010

by Reene
It's tricky because they use chemtrail equipment to test new planes, so when people see the interior of chemtrail planes smug aviation dudes explain that is just his test planes look :smug:

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

AARO
Mar 9, 2005

by Lowtax
A huge part of the 9/11 truth movement is that the 3 buildings were brought down in a controlled demolition. What I'm wondering is why would they do this? Why demolish the buildings? Why not just have planes fly into the towers and let the fire in WTC 7 do whatever damage it does? Why publicly demolish these buildings? What purpose does it serve?

E-Tank
Aug 4, 2011

olin posted:

A huge part of the 9/11 truth movement is that the 3 buildings were brought down in a controlled demolition. What I'm wondering is why would they do this? Why demolish the buildings? Why not just have planes fly into the towers and let the fire in WTC 7 do whatever damage it does? Why publicly demolish these buildings? What purpose does it serve?

As an adjustment to that: 9/11 could have been accomplished with almost 0% of the potential for everything to go tits up, and yet they chose the one that just happens to require the government bribes 90% of the loving world to do so.

Why not just put bombs all over the country? Seed them in a few key locations. And then blow them up. You suddenly have nationwide panic as a 'bombing spree' takes place. Requires only a few operatives be in the know. Hell, you could even have the government heroically save a few bomb sites they learned of just in the nick of time. Add in a captive person of whatever country you decide and boom, you've suddenly got that nationwide mandate.

Why do something that could be so totally thrown off if even ONE little thing was off by fractions of inches or seconds? I've yet to get an answer from truthers that don't delve into 'but you see they had cast the spell to do it by putting a bunch of hints towards it in the simpsons'

The Larch
Jan 14, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

E-Tank posted:

As an adjustment to that: 9/11 could have been accomplished with almost 0% of the potential for everything to go tits up, and yet they chose the one that just happens to require the government bribes 90% of the loving world to do so.

Why not just put bombs all over the country? Seed them in a few key locations. And then blow them up. You suddenly have nationwide panic as a 'bombing spree' takes place. Requires only a few operatives be in the know. Hell, you could even have the government heroically save a few bomb sites they learned of just in the nick of time. Add in a captive person of whatever country you decide and boom, you've suddenly got that nationwide mandate.

Why do something that could be so totally thrown off if even ONE little thing was off by fractions of inches or seconds? I've yet to get an answer from truthers that don't delve into 'but you see they had cast the spell to do it by putting a bunch of hints towards it in the simpsons'

Hell, you probably don't even need a successful attack.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Helen Highwater
Feb 19, 2014

And furthermore
Grimey Drawer

olin posted:

Also, the WTC towers were big buildings. It takes quite a lot to demolish buildings that size. Not just in 'hey that's a lot of C4' terms, but also in time and effort to get it all in place. It takes demolition teams weeks to prep tower blocks for demolition, supporting columns have to be drilled into at various heights and large amounts of explosives have to be packed in. All of that then needs to be wired up and prepared. Better hope no random janitor or facilities manager starts to wonder what that structural work is about.
So, ok, you're going to do all of that and it's going to go undetected somehow. Because conspiracy I guess. And then you're going to fly a couple of planes into the building anyhow. Even the nutbaggiest conspiracy theorists don't deny that two airliners actually hit the towers. Why then do you need the towers to be rigged to fall down to get your cassus belli? Each of those planes had ~300 people on board. Even if the towers hadn't collapsed from the impact, even if the airliners had somehow missed the towers completely, you could still confidently expect at least a few hundred fatalities on the ground when you fly a jetliner into pretty much anywhere in Manhattan. A thousand dead people in New York City isn't a materially weaker case for Eternal War than four thousand dead people in New York City.

• Locked thread