Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

a computer ghost
May 30, 2011

an unhackable cat???
Sanaki being featured in the sibling event with her RD design pretty much guarantees Micaiah in the next banner, doesn't it.

Somehow I missed the wiki altogether :downs: Thanks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)

TheKingofSprings posted:

What team composition are you guys using?

two wrys, felicia and a seliph.

I had Camilla, Seliph, Abel, and Lissa previously.

Trihugger
Jun 28, 2008

hello
I like how Nino makes a new best friend every 2 weeks. Sanaki would go great with Nino. I don't think Harsh Command is a very good skill except for Tharja and Nino teams where it can potentially be insane. Nino, Sanaki, Azura, plus 1 more person with buff for +spd (like her other best friend Eirika) or +def (like her other other best friend Sharena) is probably the best Nino team you can make.

Trihugger fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Feb 28, 2017

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

The developer of Brigador is a secret chud, don't give him money

TheKingofSprings posted:

What team composition are you guys using?

I recently switched to Hector-Nino-Jeorge-Roy

I think it's less that I'm losing defenses and more that I'm just not being picked. There are a whole lot of people playing this game and I'm not like, anywhere near the high ranks.

akulanization
Dec 21, 2013

Nuebot posted:

I think it's less that I'm losing defenses and more that I'm just not being picked. There are a whole lot of people playing this game and I'm not like, anywhere near the high ranks.

Hector is godawful on defense. Humans aren't dumb enough to suicide into him. I wouldn't use Nino because the AI can't actually prioritize the right positioning to keep her buffed. And I wouldn't weight my defense team heavy green right now, anyone who sees Hector and has a plan to freewin him will also smash Nino for free. No one on that team is really that good vs either sword lords or Takumi and if you can't beat those teams you won't get a lot of defense wins at the moment.

Ubiquitus
Nov 20, 2011

Nuebot posted:

Yeah I wouldn't think twice about picking your team on offense. Keep in mind you are only shown your defense wins, not your losses. As the above poster said, your defense team can be kited and maneuvered around the AI easily

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Ubiquitus posted:

Yeah I wouldn't think twice about picking your team on offense. Keep in mind you are only shown your defense wins, not your losses. As the above poster said, your defense team can be kited and maneuvered around the AI easily

:shrug: at least someone's getting points from it then.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
What is a lanceritter

Spellman
May 31, 2011

Tired Moritz posted:

What is a lanceritter

A person brave enough to use Narcian on their team last round

Lord Koth
Jan 8, 2012

The gacha * rates themselves are mostly fine, but I think they need to introduce some way to at least partially control colors. Because I'm having the problem, and I think someone else mentioned they were as well, that I'm getting virtually no blue orbs whatsoever in my draws, and am getting absolutely flooded with greens. Not only is this ridiculous from an RNG standpoint (greens are the least common color at all * levels in the gacha, and I'm arguably pulling more of those than reds, let alone blues), but given how massive the weapon triangle advantages/disadvantages are in this game it's really loving me over in getting any counters to certain color/unit type combinations. Like, the current focus banner doesn't have any greens on it whatsoever, mostly being red/blue, and of 8 draws I've done on it I saw 6 blue orbs total, as opposed to probably 20+ greens, including pulls with triple to quadruple green orbs with colorless making up the remainder.

Getting lower starred units, while definitely inferior to higher starred ones generally, is an issue I can fix over time with feathers, and plan workarounds in the meantime. There's absolutely nothing I can do about never getting certain types of units.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I sat down and grinded out the last 30 arena wins I needed for the quests

Is it just me, or once your stat total reaches a certain threshold, is advanced actually easier than beginner? Advanced for me is full of Effies and Hectors who I can just easily kite, and beginner is nothing but Takumis as far as the eye can see

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

akulanization posted:

Hector is godawful on defense. Humans aren't dumb enough to suicide into him.

You'd be surprised, actually. A lot of people seem to not read the enemy skills. But yeah, you can't rely on a team with Hector to get any defense wins ever.

Trihugger posted:

I like how Nino makes a new best friend every 2 weeks. Sanaki would go great with Nino. I don't think Harsh Command is a very good skill except for Tharja and Nino teams where it can potentially be insane. Nino, Sanaki, Azura, plus 1 more person with buff for +spd (like her other best friend Eirika) or +def (like her other other best friend Sharena) is probably the best Nino team you can make.

Eh. +Atk isn't exactly hard to find (Eirika, Olivia, and Sharena all provide it already), and a squishy red mage doesn't cover any of Nino's weaknesses at all. If Sanaki gave Spd or Res or something it might be more interesting in terms of diversifying Nino team comps, but speaking as someone who's actually using a Nino team, Sanaki would be pretty far down my list. And if you actually have Eirika or Sharena, there's really no reason to use Sanaki alongside them.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth
Finally bothered to do the armoured enemy mission, and got Olwen out of the roll.

Dunno how she can fit in my teams (Ephraim & Felicia defence-killing core) but shouldn't complain.

edit: Leveling her, Gordin and Cordelia in the same team. Brave weapons make killing fun.

sassassin fucked around with this message at 12:41 on Feb 28, 2017

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)
I don't think Odin is that bad. He has decent bulk so he can just have a healer spam him while he murders people slowly with his busted tome. And he's so excited!!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Tired Moritz posted:

I don't think Odin is that bad. He has decent bulk so he can just have a healer spam him while he murders people slowly with his busted tome. And he's so excited!!

Using a bad unit (a healer) to make another bad unit slightly less bad doesn't seem like great idea

Nuebot
Feb 18, 2013

Why does Lyn get two turns sometimes?

ApplesandOranges
Jun 22, 2012

Thankee kindly.

Nuebot posted:

Why does Lyn get two turns sometimes?

Galeforce.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

(n o i c e)

Andrast posted:

Using a bad unit (a healer) to make another bad unit slightly less bad doesn't seem like great idea

healers are good and cool

neongrey
Feb 28, 2007

Plaguing your posts with incidental music.

Tired Moritz posted:

What is a lanceritter

lance means lance, ritter means knight

KoldPT
Oct 9, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

What is a lanceritter

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy
Is anyone in the new banner good?

Thundercracker
Jun 25, 2004

Proudly serving the Ruinous Powers since as a veteran of the long war.
College Slice
This game should've had a starter pack of orbs and feathers at launch. As is, I'm getting too bored to pay moneynow. It would've been an easy $4.99 revenue stream right there

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.

Agoat posted:

Is anyone in the new banner good?
The Archer, Klein, is decent. Unless your waifu/husbando is part of this banner, wait a few days for the next banner. Data miners have revealed it to be Effie and Nino (very good), Felicia (alright) and Setesuna (Boo!).

Endorph
Jul 22, 2009

Tired Moritz posted:

What is a lanceritter

quote:

Leonster (レンスター, Rensutā lit. Leinster in the Japanese version) is one of the four kingdoms of the Manster District, along with Manster, Alster, and Conote, as well as one of the five castles of the Manster District. It is also where the descendants of the Crusader Noba reside.

Its Lance Ritter brigade, dubbed the "Wall of Leonster", is where most of the Manster District's military strength comes from, and it is thanks to it that the Manster District has resisted Thracia's consecutive invasions.

Last Celebration
Mar 30, 2010
Also Ritter is German for Knight. I think the new patch actually uses the German name for lance in their names.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Thundercracker posted:

This game should've had a starter pack of orbs and feathers at launch. As is, I'm getting too bored to pay moneynow. It would've been an easy $4.99 revenue stream right there

Yeah, they're such idiots giving away all those orbs and feathers for free.

Roger Explosion
Jan 26, 2006

THAT'S SPECTACULAR.
I really hope skill inheritance comes out sooner rather than later. Fire Emblem has always tapped into my old D&D powergame/min-max part of my brain with their skill combinations, and I am pumped to see what I can pull out.

Basically, this 5* Peri has tuned out to be pretty trash, but her Threaten Defense 3 looks like a MIGHTY option for Effie. Hawkeye might be shite, but his Threaten Attack 3 paired with Jacob's Defense +3 might make Anna have some staying power. There are also so many SORD LORDZ that are in desperate need of a special skill/a special skill that ins't trash.

GLAAD trash bags
Jan 4, 2015
So if I want to do the cheese strat and run 3 murderlords and my dinky Odin for the bonus, does that team have to be my defense team? Or do I just have to have that team selected when I start the fight?

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

GLAAD trash bags posted:

So if I want to do the cheese strat and run 3 murderlords and my dinky Odin for the bonus, does that team have to be my defense team? Or do I just have to have that team selected when I start the fight?

Defense team is totally separate from that stuff. Bonus units are only relevant for the attacker.

sassassin
Apr 3, 2010

by Azathoth

Roger Explosion posted:

I really hope skill inheritance comes out sooner rather than later. Fire Emblem has always tapped into my old D&D powergame/min-max part of my brain with their skill combinations, and I am pumped to see what I can pull out.

Basically, this 5* Peri has tuned out to be pretty trash, but her Threaten Defense 3 looks like a MIGHTY option for Effie. Hawkeye might be shite, but his Threaten Attack 3 paired with Jacob's Defense +3 might make Anna have some staying power. There are also so many SORD LORDZ that are in desperate need of a special skill/a special skill that ins't trash.

Sword Lords can never be good (unless the game gets a massive influx of powerful greens/some new mode where you whack swarms of pirates).

Agoat
Dec 4, 2012

I AM BAD AT GAMES
Lipstick Apathy

Roger Explosion posted:

The Archer, Klein, is decent. Unless your waifu/husbando is part of this banner, wait a few days for the next banner. Data miners have revealed it to be Effie and Nino (very good), Felicia (alright) and Setesuna (Boo!).

I did a pull when it dropped and got the new healer. Seems neat for a healer at least. I've been really lucky getting 5*s but the only stellar ones have been Robin and Emphraim (or however you spell it). I like them both a lot.

Also why is Cain bad? Wings of Mercy is a cool skill.

Natural 20
Sep 17, 2007

Wearer of Compasses. Slayer of Gods. Champion of the Colosseum. Heart of the Void.
Saviour of Hallownest.

Roger Explosion posted:

Don't have Effie, alrady have Nino, Felicia is free and Setsuna is terrible.

Goddamnit give me a Linde banner already.

Or at least give me back the Lucina banner.

Lutha Mahtin
Oct 10, 2010

Your brokebrain sin is absolved...go and shitpost no more!

Ugh, it looks like the same arena bonus units this week. The only one I have is a 3* Odin at lv. 12. But if this crop of units is going to stick around for 3 weeks total like the first ones did... I might cave and actually level him. The feather grind is real :v:

GonSmithe
Apr 25, 2010

Perhaps it's in the nature of television. Just waves in space.
Did a pull before with 25 orbs:

Ended up pulling 5* Cain on the first orb and called it quits because I still had 20

Hunt11
Jul 24, 2013

Grimey Drawer

sassassin posted:

Sword Lords can never be good (unless the game gets a massive influx of powerful greens/some new mode where you whack swarms of pirates).

Lucinia is a solid unit. Sky high attack and speed combined with an attack boost makes her a great asset.

Nihilarian
Oct 2, 2013

So my tablet broke. I picked up Bluestacks but it's starting me with a fresh account instead of linking to my existing one, and I'm not sure why. Anyone have any idea about it?

Rascyc
Jan 23, 2008

Dissatisfied Puppy
I really really like my +atk Ryoma.

I really really hate my -atk Marth.

I am all right with my +atk Seliph but once he rotates out of the featured he's getting the boot.

dragon enthusiast
Jan 1, 2010
In case you ever wanted to know how luck has blessed you, if my math is right on average its 66.6 stones on average to pull a 5* from gacha and 133.3 to pull a banner 5*

Generic Octopus
Mar 27, 2010

I don't even care if your math is right or wrong, I'm taking this as proof that gacha games are from hell.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ChronoReverse
Oct 1, 2009
So it's looking like I was wrong and the server may really be accepting client-side information. Seems absolutely ridiculous to me but incompetence knows no bounds.