Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kurieg
Jul 19, 2012

RIP Lutri: 5/19/20-4/2/20
:blizz::gamefreak:

Nanigans posted:

Trunks from Dragon Ball Super which is what Cloud ripped off in the first place. Full circle.

Well he is a time traveller.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

pentyne posted:

lots of the early SSB ones have never and likely will never get a reprint so who knows how insane their prices will get.

Well, maybe.

https://twitter.com/amiibonews/status/1685662928295342080?s=46&t=S9feR2nts5hrdwWwUu-bwA

I ran out of space in my three Detolf cabinets and don’t have room for a fourth, so I guess I’ll be printing stands to put on top.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

that person needs to thin their paints

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Other countries keep getting reprints and the US gets shafted. I keep seeing a bunch of Zelda breath of the wild reprints from across the pond. They have stores that have actual stock in them too. It’s a fiasco in the states for some reason.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy

Saoshyant posted:

Lotta effort was spent on loving up these Amiibos. You kind of have to respect it.
haha, 100%

Sockser posted:

Aw man I’d feel bad about removing paint from some of them, they’re so cute, they tell a story about who used to own them

That black Kirby? Goku Ken? Trunks Cloud? Those are super cute, man.

The Sword Mii Zero is so rad
Oh I'm 100% keeping the Sword Mii Zero, it's the best one that has been customised and it'll remind me of my friend who gave them to me

Waltzing Along posted:

For free, that's an amazing haul. How did you get them?
A friend is having a baby and needed to clean the house out and can't be bothered trying to sell things so he just gives me stuff, he's a good friend! (He is really bad at painting amiibos though)

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
I'm stoked about having a Snake, I have been wanting him for ages

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Sorry Sora, no room.

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Nanigans posted:

Sorry Sora, no room.

Sometimes, you have to make room.

And yes, I realize there is one non-Amiibo on there, but I had no place else for it and it's semi-appropriate.

Though I admit I've been relieved there haven't been many of them releasing lately.

Echo Chamber
Oct 16, 2008

best username/post combo
Just throw all the amiibo you have into a basket. That's the best way.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here

Echo Chamber posted:

Just throw all the amiibo you have into a basket. That's the best way.

All mine are in a box. Except the Smash ones which are on a shelf. And I think are gonna get boxed soon so I can use the space for something else.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

TVs Ian posted:

And yes, I realize there is one non-Amiibo on there, but I had no place else for it and it's semi-appropriate.

Though I admit I've been relieved there haven't been many of them releasing lately.

:swoon:

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

I don't need friends! I've been
manipulatin' you since the start!
All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

TVs Ian posted:

I got one of those IKEA display shelves and was thinking about getting another… I definitely need some extra shelves in there because not all of mine fit but the ones I put in there are jammed together.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
Bad news, they’re discontinued.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

TVs Ian posted:

Which one is the non-amiibo? I honestly can't spot it in that magnificent collection. :eyepop:

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Prolly that Arwing and the Skylanders that aren’t technically amiibo but works as generic amiibo when scanned.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

Invalid Validation posted:

Prolly that Arwing and the Skylanders that aren’t technically amiibo but works as generic amiibo when scanned.

Oh duh, I clean missed there were ones on top of the case when looking on my phone.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Nanigans posted:

Bad news, they’re discontinued.

The closest IKEA to me is in Canada so that saves me a trip, anyway

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Invalid Validation posted:

Yeah, the Arwing is from Starlink, there’s a teeny little Fox figure with it too. It was another toy-based game that got discontinued pretty quick, if I remember.

I figure I’ll count the Skylanders as Amiibo, since they have Amiibo mode. The vehicles probably don’t count and I also have Mr. Game & Watch’s extra poses on 3D printed NFC-less bases stashed under the stand, but those are close enough.

Aside from Qbby and some of the early rare Smash Amiibos, I got all of them for retail price (or less, for the Skylanders), too.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum
I don't like to think about how much the Dark versions of the sky-miibo cost me

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~

Blackbelt Bobman posted:

The closest IKEA to me is in Canada so that saves me a trip, anyway

They’re making a slightly smaller (and more expensive) alternative now instead.

I’m glad I got my 8(!) Detolfs when they were still $70-80 each.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I do want that Qbby. Not gonna pay the prices though.

bowmore
Oct 6, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
tried to choose an appropriate amiibo for the soaking in alcohol experiment

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
https://x.com/nintendoamerica/status/1692160612556496904?s=46&t=65j908xMe74eZYcayy5NsA

Deep cut members coming 11/17

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

Sora amiibo is coming in hot!

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

glassyalabolas posted:

Sora amiibo is coming in hot!

Happy to be eating crow on this one! Also, ToTK Zelda and Ganondorf are up for pre-order at Best Buy.

Blackbelt Bobman
Jul 17, 2004

All so I can something,
something X-Blade!

Noah & Mio from Xenoblade Chronicles 3 we’re up for preorder but they sold out, at least at Best Buy.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I miss going to stores to buy these things. Ngl I'm glad the smash series is getting capped and maybe I can convince myself to Stop after this current batch.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Yer not still buying very single Amiibo, are you? Please say no.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum
I gave up on the cards years ago, but the figurine collection is currently complete

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
I sold off my splatoon, FE and MH amiibo a few years back. I only buy Zelda/Mario/Smash now. It's sooooo much better this way. Buying amiibo for franchises I didn't care about was a bad sickness. Now it's just a sickness. I did keep Qbby of course. Cuz I'm not crazy.

Palmtree Panic
Jul 28, 2007

He has no style, he has no grace
Don't know why they are releasing Noah & Mio amiibos a year & a half after XBC3 came it, but I appreciate it.

Nanigans
Aug 31, 2005

~Waku Waku~
I'm only kinda complete on Smash. I have all the characters, but not every variant/P1/P2 version.

I have most of the Link amiibos. I think I'm only missing Rider Link and Wolf Link/Midna, but meh. Those are also just variants of other versions of Link that I already have.

Aside from those, I have a handful of cool ones like Chibi Robo, the first Chrom (since I loved Awakening so much), the pixel Mario and Shovel Knight.

I am currently looking for a couple of doubles of Smash ones to display at my office. Smash Mario, Charizard and Ryu if anyone is looking to unload some amiibos. :shobon: Though there's a big reprint wave coming soon, apparently.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

I’ve been buying most of the new ones. That’s mostly cause they haven’t been coming out super fast. These last few drops have been pushing it though. But at least the Smash ones are almost done.

glassyalabolas
Oct 21, 2006
I want to bowl with the gangsters...

https://x.com/NintendoAmerica/status/1732567373536690275?s=20

Already a shitshow trying to get this.

Waltzing Along
Jun 14, 2008

There's only one
Human race
Many faces
Everybody belongs here
Thanks for the heads up. Looks like it is up at Target. So I'm all done.

FINALLY!!

DisposableHero
Feb 25, 2005
bah weep granna weep ninny bong

Waltzing Along posted:

Thanks for the heads up. Looks like it is up at Target. So I'm all done.

FINALLY!!

Same. Glad I saw the thread updated

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
the last amiibo is in captivity. the galaxy is at peace

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

I keep missing the alerts on this one, every time it pops up, I'm with a customer or something.

Ah well, I'm sure I'll get it eventually, it's been a long time since I've had any problems getting Amiibos at launch.

Raserys
Aug 22, 2011

IT'S YA BOY
Are they going to have any P2 variants?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

Doubt it they haven’t done p2 variants in years.