Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Throatwarbler
Nov 17, 2008

by vyelkin

mulligan posted:

I'm a Subbie Fan for LIFE!

old dashboard (Legacy B4 RSK)

What's this? A LHD B4 RSK? :catstare:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mulligan
Jul 4, 2008

I typed random avatar and this happened.

Throatwarbler posted:

What's this? A LHD B4 RSK? :catstare:

Yup, in order to transplant the steering and linkage, we sourced all the parts from a LHD European market Legacy 2.5GX (officially imported) had a ex-Subaru tech do the conversion, and to clear the twin turbo systems, installed a SYMS parallel turbo set up (exhaust manifold, downpipes).

After it passed inspection, all was spot on; alignment, steering, all the triptronic and sensors worked perfectly. Drove that car for 3 years without a single hitch, sold it, sold the Lancia and bought a US Legacy GT.

Maker Of Shoes
Sep 4, 2006

AWWWW YISSSSSSSSSS
DIS IS MAH JAM!!!!!!

mulligan posted:

After it passed inspection, all was spot on; alignment, steering, all the triptronic and sensors worked perfectly. Drove that car for 3 years without a single hitch, sold it, sold the Lancia and bought a US Legacy GT.

You did this in the wrong order. :smith:

mulligan
Jul 4, 2008

Maker Of Shoes posted:

You did this in the wrong order. :smith:

Well, I could not take care of it, I had a fun year with the car, but gasket failing everywhere, electric gremlins, boost issues, exhaust leaks. I don't live in Europe so finding parts was very time consuming, I'm not a serious collector... I think I can find 85% percent of the same joy with a japanese car, so I'm saving up for a 22b STi (my real dream car).

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

mulligan posted:

Terribly sorry, but 2012 and 2011 GTR's do not suffer from the same issues, I'm pretty sure that doing the same thing on a teutonic perfect M3 would do something very similar.

BMW told my friend not only to get bent on his "warranty" (for his 2011 M3 which he launched about oh, say 4 times in the span of 4 months, keeping all the care and after the break in period) but to basically kill himself.

The New GTR's basically tell you to cool down before you lauch it again if the oil gets too hot, this whole "LOL GTR LAUNCH TRANS DIE LOL" is getting old.

Sorry to insult GLORIOUS NIPPONU but it's for a good reason and it's more than just the transmissions. Our old sales VP got the same treatment from Nissan on his GTR, plus a bunch of hassle for driving it on the Nurburgring. Brakes were £2500 for him, meanwhile I've tracked my M3 dozens of times now, had the brakes replaced much more frequently than "normal" and other items of maintenance. The service manager talks to me about racing my car and how BMW is one of the few manufacturers who won't give their customers poo poo for using their cars. So sorry I have to call bullshit on your story there, there's either much more to it or you're just defending most honorable Gojira.

mulligan
Jul 4, 2008

Das Volk posted:

Sorry to insult GLORIOUS NIPPONU but it's for a good reason and it's more than just the transmissions. Our old sales VP got the same treatment from Nissan on his GTR, plus a bunch of hassle for driving it on the Nurburgring. Brakes were £2500 for him, meanwhile I've tracked my M3 dozens of times now, had the brakes replaced much more frequently than "normal" and other items of maintenance. The service manager talks to me about racing my car and how BMW is one of the few manufacturers who won't give their customers poo poo for using their cars. So sorry I have to call bullshit on your story there, there's either much more to it or you're just defending most honorable Gojira.

I know you're a minor celebrity here, and this thread is to show off our cars, so sorry if I sounded dickish, not really my intention.

Both our stories are anecdotal at best so let's just say that both are great cars representing two great marques at their best. I had a Lancia for God's sake so I'm not a JDM TYTE kinda person (I love Subaru however) so I'm not defending a country, just an amazing car that I think received a bad rep, when BMW basically acts the same in my humble experience.

However you do have to admit that the "launch control" issue has been resolved and can be retro actively applied, so it's odd to hear that coming up that MY2012 GTR LAUNCH = BYE TRANS 3 years after it has been resolved.

Let's enjoy our cars and keep this civil :)

Applebees Appetizer
Jan 23, 2006

mulligan posted:

I know you're a minor celebrity here

That's some funny poo poo right there.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe
Blacked out my poo poo. :getin:

Hugh G. Rectum
Mar 1, 2011

Chinatown posted:

My favorite color combo, looks good. What did you use for the wheels?

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
:h:WE LOVE YOU:h:

Chinatown posted:

Would it be too 'ricey' to smoke out the headlights? Because that would complete that look so well.

Faerunner
Dec 31, 2007

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

Would it be too 'ricey' to smoke out the headlights? Because that would complete that look so well.

Who needs to see at night anyhow!

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
Did I say smoke? I totally meant bake. Smoking your headlights would be very foolish indeed :eng99:

bird cooch
Jan 19, 2007
I have had some very fun cars in the past, but for most of the last year I have been driving this horrible thing.

Not jeep hate...just this jeep. I bought it for 400$. Nothing worked right. it was musty and it got between 8 and ten miles per gallon depending on how lazy the motor-troll felt that day.

But I was able to save up and get the car I wanted.

2003, 31k and every goodie imaginable with receipts. Being modified it really pins your head back. Its much more fun that the stock versions I had driven before, but calm enough that unless you really get into the throttle it seems quite calm other that the loping idle due to the large cams.

I am already shopping for another trunk so I can loose the wing.

bird cooch fucked around with this message at 10:55 on Feb 20, 2012

Mistayke
May 7, 2003

2011 Nissan Versa hatchback dash.

2900 RPM at a bit over 70mph. Purring like a kitten. Excuse the shakey Blackberry pic. WAS GETTING ROAD HEAD! HA.

Chinatown
Sep 11, 2001

by Fluffdaddy
Fun Shoe

law abiding rapist posted:

My favorite color combo, looks good. What did you use for the wheels?

Thanks. Plasti-Dip! Really impressed with the quality and how is completely idiot proof.

Tanz-Kommandant posted:

Did I say smoke? I totally meant bake. Smoking your headlights would be very foolish indeed :eng99:

Like to add angel eyes? Putting a plastic part of my car in an oven scares me. :ohdear:

Tanz-Kommandant
Dec 25, 2009

Radio Message from HQ:
Dance Commander
Yeah dunno how I feel about putting plastic in the oven myself, but angel eyes no, never those :barf:

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003
Putting headlights in the oven is fine. Just make sure it's turned down as low as it will go.

My "blacked out" headlights vs. stock.

Since we were doing interiors, here's how the 323 was sitting:

Our Focus' "sea of browns"

1985 MR2

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

Sockington posted:

Our Focus' "sea of browns"

It's still hilarious to me that Ford thought to make a removable faceplate on the OEM radio, but then half-assed it and just made it so you can only remove a few of the buttons.

Prettypanda
Nov 11, 2008

quote:

But I was able to save up and get the car I wanted.

2003, 31k and every goodie imaginable with receipts. Being modified it really pins your head back. Its much more fun that the stock versions I had driven before, but calm enough that unless you really get into the throttle it seems quite calm other that the loping idle due to the large cams.

Hi Apex Silver Evo buddy! If you don't want to spend the money on a new trunk, just go to a local vinyl sign/sticker shop and ask them to cut a bunch of quarter sized circles for you. I did that when I took my wing off and they aren't noticeable unless you are looking very close. Plus they are easy to take off if you want to put the wing back on later.

Crustashio
Jul 27, 2000

ruh roh

Chinatown posted:

I wish BMW had made more of that colour, it REALLY fits the e46 and e39.

Do you have any closeup pics of your wheels? I'm thinking of going the plastidip route on my ZHP wheels this summer since my wheels are curbed like crazy. I'd probably go something like white or grey since I have a jet black ZHP.

Frog 1.0
Jun 2, 2001

Now with 33% less Engrish
This is my 1982 vw mk1 Rabbit.

Nothing spectacular unless you're really into VWs.

This is the whole family

Summer project is to get a new suspension and try to find a vintage wooden steering wheel. It's a pricy hobby.

Frog 1.0 fucked around with this message at 03:39 on Feb 22, 2012

JudgeJoeBrown
Mar 23, 2007

Current

Past

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

mulligan posted:

I know you're a minor celebrity here, and this thread is to show off our cars, so sorry if I sounded dickish, not really my intention.

Both our stories are anecdotal at best so let's just say that both are great cars representing two great marques at their best. I had a Lancia for God's sake so I'm not a JDM TYTE kinda person (I love Subaru however) so I'm not defending a country, just an amazing car that I think received a bad rep, when BMW basically acts the same in my humble experience.

However you do have to admit that the "launch control" issue has been resolved and can be retro actively applied, so it's odd to hear that coming up that MY2012 GTR LAUNCH = BYE TRANS 3 years after it has been resolved.

Let's enjoy our cars and keep this civil :)

I'm a legend in my own mind. The problem isn't that the MY12 is having issues, they'd be hosed if they still did, it's that I wish I could buy one of the older ones and not wonder if I'm going to end up with a very large paperweight. That makes me sad because I would like some more decent options under the 100k mark.

Hammers
Feb 13, 2012

psssSSSSSSHHHHHHH TOOTOOTootootoo
In order from first to current:

94 Impreza aka the one that got away :saddowns:

91 MR2 n/a and 1980 911 sc targa

92 Miata

98 Impreza

2003.5 Mazdaspeed Protege

85 MR2

93 MR2 n/a (current)

b0nes
Sep 11, 2001

Das Volk posted:

What car is this? I only know of 2 that have G Meters (Skyline/GT-R and Chevy Corvette).

Gwaihir posted:

The clown shoe coupe!

content: My boss, next to my buddy at work's '09 GT500

More pictures of da Boss please! I think the best Boss color is white, the rest look too loud and gaudy, especially the Laguna Seca. I would get the wheels if I could though.

ppp
Feb 13, 2012

by angerbot

b0nes posted:

What car is this? I only know of 2 that have G Meters (Skyline/GT-R and Chevy Corvette).

cts-v

smooth jazz
May 13, 2010

wallaka
Jun 8, 2010

Least it wasn't a fucking red shell

smooth jazz posted:

You got a taillight?

awesome-express
Dec 30, 2008

It's a diesel :smug:

Hammers
Feb 13, 2012

psssSSSSSSHHHHHHH TOOTOOTootootoo

wallaka posted:

You got a taillight?

Looks like a Legacy

Seat Safety Switch
May 27, 2008

MY RELIGION IS THE SMALL BLOCK V8 AND COMMANDMENTS ONE THROUGH TEN ARE NEVER LIFT.

Pillbug

b0nes posted:

I think some of the SRT8 LX cars had g-meters to go along with their 0-60 meters as well.

Belldandy
Sep 11, 2001

Do not try to boost in peace, because that is impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth, there is no boost.

bird cooch posted:

Why would you do this and completely ruin the look of the car? Or is this another "I want my car to be as boring as possible to fit in" thing that AI has been doing?

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^

Belldandy posted:

Why would you do this and completely ruin the look of the car? Or is this another "I want my car to be as boring as possible to fit in" thing that AI has been doing?

STUPID RICERS!!! :argh:

VCR 2.0
Oct 5, 2007

Belldandy posted:

Umm who cares (well other than you)? I don't think people are buying evos because of their looks...

Loan Dusty Road
Feb 27, 2007

VCR 2.0 posted:

Umm who cares (well other than you)? I don't think people are buying evos because of their looks...

Well, this is a discussion forum, for you know, discussing things. And this being a post about owners rides, perhaps people would like to ask the owner questions about their rides.

In this case, I guess it's the opposite of the guy that has a base lancer and did all the visual mods to make it look like an Evo.

Belldandy
Sep 11, 2001

Do not try to boost in peace, because that is impossible. Instead only try to realize the truth, there is no boost.

VCR 2.0 posted:

I like how the Evo looks, personally.

Octopus Magic
Dec 19, 2003

I HATE EVERYTHING THAT YOU LIKE* AND I NEED TO BE SURE YOU ALL KNOW THAT EVERY TIME I POST

*unless it's a DSM in which case we cool ^_^
I just feel like doing that kind of stuff destroys the spirit of the car, which is econobox-rally sports car sold to the public.

Das Volk
Nov 19, 2002

by Cyrano4747

Octopus Magic posted:

I just feel like doing that kind of stuff destroys the spirit of the car, which is econobox-rally sports car sold to the public.

I agree but I do have to point out that having the Lancer wing on my Evo instead of the stock one seemed to make the car invisible, which was advantageous given the way I drove it.

Yakattak
Dec 17, 2009

I am Grumpypuss
>:3

My new Bugeye :downs:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KeanuReevesGhost
Apr 24, 2008

Going from Age 15 to Current, 24 years. 9 years of my cars

95 SHO (not my pic, because this was a long time ago)
Loved that car, and was such a bad car to give to 15 year old

79 Silverado. Just like this one, but about 50% rust.

91 Geo Storm and 92 White Geo Storm. They take a beating.

98 Mustang Convertible, 6cyl automatic.

01 Mustang Convertible

94 Civic, this is after I got backed into by my brother

99 Jimmy Blazer

2000 Altima

2001 Lincoln LS