Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
booshi
Aug 14, 2004

:tastykake:||||||||||:tastykake:

Hadrians Dong posted:

way to be rockist, dude

i totally can get down with tons of electronic music and I'm actually working on a guitar that is going to have photoresistors and all kinds of poo poo for tone generator/fx control (it's part research project).

but holy gently caress that sounds like an atari having a seizure. hold on gonna go kick my NES around and record it and call it music.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.
Hey, if you can kick around an NES and make it sound cool, I'll listen to it.

To be honest, the point of a show like that is to take drugs and be hosed up with really loud music happening. It's pretty awesome.

Dec 26, 2012

booshi posted:

i totally can get down with tons of electronic music and I'm actually working on a guitar that is going to have photoresistors and all kinds of poo poo for tone generator/fx control (it's part research project).

but holy gently caress that sounds like an atari having a seizure. hold on gonna go kick my NES around and record it and call it music.

i dont mind good chiptune stuff but that guy is just insufferable

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

01011001 posted:

i dont mind good chiptune stuff but that guy is just insufferable

Yeah that's kinda what I was saying in a roundabout way. Been exhausted lately.

And yeah it is to take drugs with stuff happening, but I just smoke and that kind of music on weed would still be horrible.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

damn i'm really in this bitch

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

Needs more mudflap girl.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

lol wasn't there a mesa-boogie with diamond plate on it? i'm recalling a memory of a dual recto in an ad with petrucci

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

As if a Fender twin needed to be any heavier :v:

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Sockington posted:

As if a Fender twin needed to be any heavier :v:

Actually, the aluminum cab should be lighter than plywood if it's built correctly. The actual ad for it is a treat, though (PUNCH ATTACK)

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

Declan MacManus posted:

Actually, the aluminum cab should be lighter than plywood if it's built correctly. The actual ad for it is a treat, though (PUNCH ATTACK)

I saw they said it saved 7-8lbs. On a what, normally 70lb amp? And then it has to be that loving ugly? No thanks.

e: and they've made it even uglier:

Sockington
Jul 26, 2003

Declan MacManus posted:

I thought it was aluminum over the plywood instead of tolex. Didn't think they built the whole structure from it for some reason. :doh:

booshi
Aug 14, 2004

Sockington posted:

I thought it was aluminum over the plywood instead of tolex. Didn't think they built the whole structure from it for some reason. :doh:

The reason the guy is doing it (his words): TONE.

iostream.h
Mar 14, 2006
I want your happy place to slap you as it flies by.

METAL UP YOUR rear end

Dirt
May 26, 2003

That guitar is pretty cool though

JULIAN ASSANGE
Dec 6, 2012

Julian Assange FACT:
If you unzipped my pants, you would only find more pants.
I inherited a three guitars that have been in storage for about five years. I'm still trying to work out exactly how functional they all are. One's a Telecaster. I don't have a working amp right now to test it on. It's probably okay, being a Telecaster.

This one's a beautiful Ovation 12-string, strung up with only 6 strings, probably because it has a huge crack down the front. The crack was there before it was stored. It was still in tune when I got it, though, even though it was sitting in an attic for five years with the strings at tension. It's probably okay. I'm going to get someone to look at it.

Actually relevant to the thread, there's this cheap piece of poo poo Saturn guitar which was also stored with the strings at tension, except they actually ripped the bridge off and warped the wood on the front. This is pretty much a guide on what not to do to your guitar. It's pretty hard hosed. I think I'm going to use it as a planter, grow a vine out of the hole or something. Anyone have any stupid ideas I can use this broken guitar for?

Wall Balls
Jun 3, 2007

Spanish Castle Magic

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I5F59PkcDWM

Dirt
May 26, 2003

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fRYNKlEsQyw

Inpossible
Oct 9, 2012

It says that it is a woman, but it is actually a guy named Ronnie from this channel:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Tx4cRw6TIIg
Everyone still thinks it's a woman lol.

shiksa
Nov 9, 2009

i went to one of these wrestling shows and it was... honestly? frickin boring. i wanna see ricky! i want to see his gold chains and respect for the ftw lifestyle
i wanted to get a diamond plate pickguard when i was like 14.

I wish i could remember every dumb music thing I wanted to get when I was a teenager, I remember some terrible choices I avoided.

Also, re: string talk a couple pages back I just changed the strings on my bass for the first time in like 4 years. I completely just forgot what new strings sound like on a bass.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

their lil poopers posted:

lol wasn't there a mesa-boogie with diamond plate on it? i'm recalling a memory of a dual recto in an ad with petrucci

diamond plate is relatively tame in comparison to their custom shop

Fair Hallion
Jul 25, 2007

:toot: :toot: :toot: :toot:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonlander_(musical_instrument)

unlawfulsoup
May 12, 2001

Welcome home boys!

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
The little boutique amps don't bug me no matter how tacky the finish, because they're generally out of view.

What makes me :rolleyes: is when someone brings his 100 watt tube head and 2 4x12 cabinets to his gig at the local pub on Saturday to play Mustang Sally and other lovely dadrock.

The same guy has 50 pedals and he is always awful. He's the one that thinks if he spends enough money eventually he'll get that killer "tone".

bitchtard
Dec 3, 2010

comes along bort posted:

diamond plate is relatively tame in comparison to their custom shop

I would tell everyone it's authentic elephant scrotum.

Dirt
May 26, 2003

Hail to the king:

Dirt fucked around with this message at 06:08 on Apr 26, 2014

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

Dirt posted:

Hail to the king:

I can't imagine anyone playing anything other than Skid Row on these

BUSH 2112
Sep 17, 2012

I lie awake, staring out at the bleakness of Megadon.
I should know this, but what the hell is the word for that ONE WEIRD TRICK that a lot of 80's metal bands used where you think the emphasis is going to be on one beat, but it's actually on the next beat. Or something, I guess I'm describing it badly. Metallica does it in "Fight Fire with Fire" and Iron Maiden does it in "Aces High."

mclast
Nov 12, 2008

catchphrase over
syncopation?

Irradiation
Sep 14, 2005

I understand your frustration.
It's called Lars can't play anything but a polka beat.

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx
dammit beat me to the lars sucks joke

Sleekly
Aug 21, 2008

Irradiation posted:

It's called Lars can't play anything but a polka beat.

Declan MacManus
Sep 1, 2011

comes along bort posted:

dammit beat me to the lars sucks joke

He does

Lars sucks

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

I dunno, I've heard worse drummers than Lars. Like whatshername from The Shaggs for example.

karms
Jan 22, 2006

by Nyc_Tattoo
Yam Slacker

tacodaemon posted:

I dunno, I've heard worse drummers than Lars. Like whatshername from The Shaggs for example.

Meg White?

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=q-BRee2bAho

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

tacodaemon posted:

otoh she could play through an entire song in the studio without having to splice 5 second increments together

Alec Bald Snatch
Sep 12, 2012

by exmarx

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vo_b6MAo1tc

tacodaemon
Nov 27, 2006

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sdHyzGXAJPg&t=89s

Gerty
Jun 11, 2013

by XyloJW
If you can see the drummers face, they're poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Babies Getting Rabies
Apr 21, 2007

Sugartime Jones
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g-lsW4RgBFk

• Locked thread