Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Man, the speedrun of that game is going to be killer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cricken_Nigfops
Oct 25, 2011

CROM!
Anyone got a trainer yet?

Food Guy
Oct 10, 2012
I just finished the first season of Garo. It was pretty good, all things considered. I found that it took a little while for me to warm up to Kouga, and I wasn't a big fan of Kaoru and Kouga spending most of the beginning episodes pretty much separate, but that soon went away. I loved the fight scenes, all that wire work was just so charming, the shoddy CGI really only helped the charm. After the almost JRPGesque final battles, I can't wait to keep watching the series.

From what I can gather, I should be right to watch everything that isn't the third season and the second anime season, right?

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007
there is a special called beast of the midnight sun you should watch before the second season, because otherwise that season includes a very confusing character whose presence is never explained.

not everyone here agrees, but i think the first anime series is by far the best garo show. the second anime series is unquestionably the worst.

gimme the GOD DAMN candy fucked around with this message at 14:21 on Jun 11, 2017

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Also, the second movie is a good idea on if you would enjoy the third season or not.

The second movie is shockingly similar to the third series, and since I hate the third season, I hate teh second movie. The main reason I enjoy it at all is because Kouga is still pretty great in it, but dragged down. And since Kouga isn't in the third season...

But definitely track down Beast of the Midnight Sun. It's a pretty pitch perfect epilogue for season 1.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

Don't watch anything with Ryuga in it or the second anime and you'll be fine. Watch the Kouga, Raiga, Rei and Leon stuff.

Talking about it, the latter's movie came out a while ago, didn't it? Did anyone watch it?

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Is Joker still the only source of decent subs for original series? Over-Time eventually dropped it so I stopped at episode 9.

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

GuyUpNorth posted:

Is Joker still the only source of decent subs for original series? Over-Time eventually dropped it so I stopped at episode 9.

GomenRider

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Supposedly it's getting an official release this year if I recall correctly, so fingers crossed

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine
So just found out that Shout Factory has put Kakuranger up for streaming on their site and am watching the first episode and man Sasuke and Saizou are basically a Japanese Bulk & Skull duo, which makes it pretty funny that they are the Red and Blue for this season

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

Watching this week's Amazons: How are Tachibana and the glasses guy at 4C not dead?

ZenMasterBullshit
Nov 2, 2011

Restaurant de Nouvelles "À Table" Proudly Presents:
A Climactic Encounter Ending on 1 Negate and a Dream
In this week's Ex-Aid you can actually see the moment where Emu's gay little heart breaks.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

In this week's Ex-Aid you can actually see the moment where Emu's gay little heart breaks.

And then he pulls a rage mode right out of Blade

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Also watched through the second episode of Kakuranger, and I'm feeling kinda bad for Kappa and his squid wife(especially the whole having a dead kid part of their backstory and getting killed in a somewhat gruesome by Sentai standards way)

Also random appearance from a Gundam fighting game, kinda want to know which one it was

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I'm glad Amazons decided to like accelerate rapidly to the most tragic possible thing :v:

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Ex-Aid:

Friendship ended with KIRIYA
Now KUROTO is my best friend

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
So I was dead on about Nanaha being the other point of Origin. I wonder if she was mutated by Chichiro, or by being impregnated by Jin? I also dread how Jin is going to react to this

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

MachuPikacchu posted:

Ex-Aid:

People were making that exact same joke about Hiiro when we found out he was switching sides

gimme the GOD DAMN candy
Jul 1, 2007

MachuPikacchu posted:

Ex-Aid:

Now SHIN KUROTO is my best friend

gourdcaptain
Nov 16, 2012

MachuPikacchu posted:

Ex-Aid:

Is anyone else worried about the last line in the next on, with Emu calling himself "Genius Gamer M"? Wonder if he takes Parad up on that offer this episode...

Burkion
May 10, 2012

by Fluffdaddy
Vaguely related

New Godzilla design for the up coming anime movie

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
why does godzilla have legs like the please retweet toad

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

gourdcaptain posted:

Is anyone else worried about the last line in the next on, with Emu calling himself "Genius Gamer M"? Wonder if he takes Parad up on that offer this episode...

I'm still not totally convinced that "Genius Gamer M" was a direct product of Parad. I think Parad definitely takes credit for it, but I wouldn't be surprised if Kindly Doctor Emu is actually the false personality, or they both are false personalities as a result of a more balanced persona being split to make room for Parad's virus.

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Burkion posted:

Vaguely related

New Godzilla design for the up coming anime movie

Yesss, more fat Godzilla

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

gourdcaptain posted:

Watching this week's Amazons: How are Tachibana and the glasses guy at 4C not dead?

Well I'm pretty sure Fukuda is dead at this point. Maybe they'll pull a "Oh he came to his senses and killed her at the last minute" but I'm banking on that dude being dead and gone.

Also I hope Chihiro loving eats Nagase.

Stallion Cabana
Feb 14, 2012
1; Get into Grad School

2; Become better at playing Tabletop, both as a player and as a GM/ST/W/E

3; Get rid of this goddamn avatar.
regarding EX-Aid, I'm so happy that

the second that Kiriya comes back he is immediately already plotting to screw over a Dan and save the day. Kiriya is too good and strong of a boy so they had to kill him and it still didn't keep him down.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

so there's basically no way kiriya whispered anything but hey i'm just pretending to be evil, play along and get real mad at me

Tragedienne
Sep 7, 2007

"I need your stage no longer. I dance for myself."
He could have said Ghost was the best Kamen Rider. Emu's reaction would have been typical.

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

kiriya agrees with me that gaim is overrated but emu is a huge urobuchi apologist

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 3 days!
I barely know anything of Tokusatsu and I gotta say, this crossover with Dekaranger and Space Sheriff was dope.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

Stallion Cabana posted:

regarding EX-Aid, I'm so happy that

the second that Kiriya comes back he is immediately already plotting to screw over a Dan and save the day. Kiriya is too good and strong of a boy so they had to kill him and it still didn't keep him down.

I'm glad that the writers didn't forget that Kiriya Kujo is still a duplicitous rear end in a top hat that could not and did not tell the truth to save his own life (which is why he's the best)

One of my favorite things about Ex-Aid is the fact that almost every major character is a huge rear end in a top hat.

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

MachuPikacchu posted:

I'm glad that the writers didn't forget that Kiriya Kujo is still a duplicitous rear end in a top hat that could not and did not tell the truth to save his own life (which is why he's the best)

One of my favorite things about Ex-Aid is the fact that almost every major character is a huge rear end in a top hat.

I remember that someone much earlier on said that Ex-Aid was a series with 1/2 a good guy. I don't think that's changed much since then.

Then again, a series with actual good people probably wouldn't have Neo Dan Kuroto, someone who's still super proud of murdering Kiriya (seriously, just check his grin when it's pointed out, it's great) not to mention having commited several atrocities and being responsible for everything that's gone wrong while not seeing anything wrong with this, as a good guy. And I don't want that series, so I'm happy with the Ex-Aid world just being inhabited by people who are, deep down, good, but mostly only very deep down.

About this week's DeKyuGavanger...man, no matter how many times he appears in crossovers (or that one time he got his own thing) I just can't like Geki. He comes across as a giant rear end in a top hat most of the time and a bad shonen stereotype the rest of it. The Dekarangers are still cool and it was a good crossover and breather episode, especially the Garu/Boss gag, that was hilarious, as was Lucky riding Draco Voyager for no reason whatsoever.

Was Dekaranger 10 Years After ever subbed? I feel I need to watch that.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I guess a parallel universe is probably the best way to reconcile Earth being taken over with the other Super Sentai teams existing. Guess we'll be seeing more dimension-crossing shenanigans for the Zyuohger vs.

GuyUpNorth
Apr 29, 2014

Witty phrases on random basis
Ex-Aid chat, that's why Kiriya is the best boy. Things might lead to Hiiro having to take out Kiriya as show of loyalty, and then Masamune finally brings back the other half of Saki.

MachuPikacchu
Oct 15, 2012

Sacre vert! Maman!

He's never going to bring back Saki. Saki is the carrot that he dangles in front of Hiiro (sorry, Taddle Legacy) to keep him in line.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

MachuPikacchu posted:

He's never going to bring back Saki. Saki is the carrot that he dangles in front of Hiiro (sorry, Taddle Legacy) to keep him in line.

He's going to restore her consciousness by way of individual features every pay cycle, which are increasingly weird and tragic. For Hiiro's next reward, Saki will be able to walk around and follow him, but will still only be able to say the "be a great doctor" sentence. The week after that, she gains the ability to experience hunger and eat food, but needs help because she can still only walk around and tell Hiiro to be a great doctor, and can't actually use a fork or make decisions.

SilentChaz
Oct 5, 2011

Sorry, I'm quite busy at the moment.

Blaze Dragon posted:

Was Dekaranger 10 Years After ever subbed? I feel I need to watch that.

O-T subbed it. It's a great watch.

Pyroi
Aug 17, 2013

gay elf noises
The Kyuranger episode was great, but I'm confused.

How long does it take Gavan to transform again?

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

I dunno, I think it's intentionally left ambiguous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cipher Pol 9
Oct 9, 2006

Waffleman_ posted:

I dunno, I think it's intentionally left ambiguous.

If only we could see it more than once, it goes by so fast.

Blaze Dragon posted:

About this week's DeKyuGavanger...man, no matter how many times he appears in crossovers (or that one time he got his own thing) I just can't like Geki. He comes across as a giant rear end in a top hat most of the time and a bad shonen stereotype the rest of it.

This seems like a decent segue to a question I think I've asked before. How are the Space Sheriff reboot movies? I haven't gotten around to watching them yet, but based purely on the fact that Birth-Date is the new Shaider I will inevitably one day watch all of them.

• Locked thread