Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
OXBALLS DOT COM
Sep 11, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Young Orc

Hadaka Apron posted:

I get the feeling that marketing to social justice types is going to work about as well as marketing to the meme crowd did for Snakes on a Plane.

Maybe not as marketing but kt might work for management asscovering and general corporate saving face

For instance, the stupid bullshit surrounding the interview, another lovely sony movie

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Hadaka Apron posted:

I get the feeling that marketing to social justice types is going to work about as well as marketing to the meme crowd did for Snakes on a Plane.

Yeah but meme marketing got Trump the nomination.

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
Patton Oswalt awakened in the night to find that his room was illuminated by a spectral glow. Levitating above his bed was the spirit of Oswalt's deceased wife clad in a shimmering white robe. She smiled as she held her arms out to her husband.

"My love! You've returned!" Patton cried as he moved to embrace her.

Suddenly the door crashed open. In walked a massive woman in a lovely jumpsuit with "Patty" embroidered on the breast. "Aw hell naw! Hold it right there before I bust some plasma in your rear end!" she screamed problematically.

A small scrawny woman wearing a matching uniform burst in behind Patty, licking the barrel of a giant futuristic weapon. "This is gonna hurt in the morning!" she shouted, blasting the terrified ghost with a round from her plasma bazooka.

The spirit screamed in agony as it exploded into a mass of ectoplasmic goo, coating everything in the room.

"Oh poo poo, it's all up in my pussy!" the scrawny woman whined.

Patton sobbed. The love of his life was now destroyed in every possible way, but he knew what must be done. He crawled across the floor and began polishing Patty's boots with his tongue. "Thank you, you brave, strong, well-developed characters," he said like a little bitch while swallowing chunks of his wife's immortal soul. "I'll buy everything you're selling! I need to be on the right side of history!"

"Mmm-hmm, that's right," Patty mumbled. "Be sure to get under the laces too."

OMG JC a Bomb! fucked around with this message at 17:21 on Jul 7, 2016

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

Patton Oswalt awakens in the night to find that his room is illuminated by a spectral glow. Levitating above his bed is the spirit of Oswalt's deceased wife clad in a shimmering white robe. She smiled as she held her arms out to her husband.

"My love! You've returned!" Patton cried as he moved to embrace her.

Suddenly the door crashed open. In walked a massive woman in a lovely jumpsuit with "Patty" embroidered on the breast. "Aw hell naw! Hold it right there before I bust some plasma in your rear end!" she screamed problematically.

A small scrawny woman wearing a matching uniform burst in behind Patty, licking the barrel of a giant futuristic weapon. "This is gonna hurt in the morning!" she shouted, blasting the terrified ghost with a round from her plasma bazooka.

The spirit screamed in agony as it exploded into a mass of ectoplasmic goo, coating everything in the room.

"Oh poo poo, it's all up in my pussy!" the scrawny woman whined.

Patton sobbed. The love of his life was now destroyed in every possible way, but he knew what must be done. He crawled across the floor and began polishing Patty's boots with his tongue. "Thank you, you brave, strong, well-developed characters," he said like a little bitch while swallowing chunks of his wife's immortal soul. "I'll buy everything you're selling! I need to be on the right side of history!"

"Mmm-hmm, that's right," Patty mumbled. "Be sure to get under the laces too."

This whole debacle might have been worth it for this post

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

OMG JC a Bomb! posted:

...Levitating above his bed was the spirit of Oswalt's deceased wife clad in a blonde wig and pink bow...

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
I lost it at, "oh poo poo, it's all up in my pussy!" because I imagined Aziz Ansari saying it

Uncle Wemus
Mar 4, 2004

Oh patton, whyyyy

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
truth about stand up comedians is that most of them have one funny act and then later on have to stay relevant

that's why patton and sarah silverman and so many others don't do comedy anymore, they do social justice now, it's easier to write

comedy is hard work.

steve martin is cool he just goes around playing his banjo and not talking down to everyone

upgunned shitpost
Jan 21, 2015

ElGroucho posted:

This whole debacle might have been worth it for this post

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

A Serious Candidate For a Serious Time

reallivedinosaur posted:

truth about stand up comedians is that most of them have one funny act and then later on have to stay relevant

that's why patton and sarah silverman and so many others don't do comedy anymore, they do social justice now, it's easier to write

comedy is hard work.

steve martin is cool he just goes around playing his banjo and not talking down to everyone

Another popular option is cocaine.

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

ElGroucho posted:

While we're at it, lets murder anyone who says "This." or "My favorite thing in the world" or "Adulting"

Burn them at the stake, like the days of yor

What the gently caress is "Adulting"?

KiddieGrinder
Nov 15, 2005

HELP ME

Sunswipe posted:

Paying bills or something, like it's a verb to describe anything that kids don't have to do? :shrug:

facebook jihad
Dec 18, 2007

by R. Guyovich

reallivedinosaur posted:

comedy is hard work.

Ron White is a perfect example of this. His first special was hilarious but everything else has been poo poo.

But I guess we'll probably never see Ron White freak out about transgendered representation and block people in comics. Doesn't seem like his...thing

Johnny Aztec
Jan 30, 2005

by Hand Knit

Germstore posted:

Another popular option is cocaine.

Most of the best comedians used this one weird trick!

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

Sunswipe posted:

its the cutesy phrase the younger generation uses to disparage having any responsibility for anything at all

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Remember when you first played Mario 64 and you spent 10 minutes running around because it's just so novel? Well "adulting" is like that except your buying toilet paper and it's totally blowing your mind.

Crowsbeak
Oct 9, 2012

by Azathoth
Lipstick Apathy
He can we talk about general culture war bullshit in this thread?

Sunswipe
Feb 5, 2016

by Fluffdaddy

KiddieGrinder posted:

Paying bills or something, like it's a verb to describe anything that kids don't have to do? :shrug:

Tiberius Christ posted:

its the cutesy phrase the younger generation uses to disparage having any responsibility for anything at all

Germstore posted:

Remember when you first played Mario 64 and you spent 10 minutes running around because it's just so novel? Well "adulting" is like that except your buying toilet paper and it's totally blowing your mind.
I see. Well, gently caress anyone who uses that word. gently caress them with a rusty breadknife.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Just paid off a large unexpected expense- out of savings! #MiddleAgeing

take the moon
Feb 13, 2011

by sebmojo

BexGu posted:

Wait is fuccbois a bastardizaton of the "fuckboy" insult?

it came first

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

Fun Shoe
Erections not quite so firm! #Adulting

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Spent a couple hours considering the logistics of acquiring and maintaining a mistress. #MiddleAgeing

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

wife wants me to stop playing PokemonGO and feed the kids #adulting #fuckinbitch

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

We are the Invisible Spatula. We are the Grilluminati. We eat before and after dinner. We eat forever. And eventually... eventually we will lead them into the dining room.
Shed my cacoon and now my wings gotta dry and expand for like three fuckin hours! WTF? #adulting

Command Ant
Aug 9, 2010

I can make you
worth your weight
in gold!

reallivedinosaur posted:

comedy is hard work.

A lot of modern comedians are finding more success just feeding their audience's opinions back to them then they ever did when they tried to be funny. They've essentially become pundits.

max4me
Jun 15, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

Sunswipe posted:

I think the whole, moving back in with your parents after college, and defining yourself by the media you consume have lead to people not viewing themselves as adults.

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!
I know I've said this a few times, but I'm still sort of hazarding a guess that there will be some Real Ghostbusters nod at some point other than Rowan looking just like the big walkin' ghost from the cartoon opening.

If the post-credits scene turned out to not be the Zuul thing and was instead an animated remake, shot-for-shot, of the Real Ghostbusters opening, same style and everything, just using the new characters in it, I'm sure it even the haters would sort of get some admitted smile out of the film going that far and it would be something (love the film or hate) you'd probably stay through the end credits to see or give a 5M hits on Youtube to watch.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free
Literally no one but the biggest dorkiest idiots ever stay for any post credit bullshit

JediTalentAgent
Jun 5, 2005
Hey, look. Look, if- if you screw me on this, I shall become more powerful than you can possibly imagine, you rat bastard!

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

Literally no one but the biggest dorkiest idiots ever stay for any post credit bullshit

Post credits, truly post credits, give you time to let the film end, go to the restroom, get a refill on your popcorn and drinks, get back to the theater, watch a 10-120 second scene that you walk out to your car and tell your friend, "Well, that wasn't worth sticking around for..."

NutritiousSnack
Jul 12, 2011

BARONS CYBER SKULL posted:

I stay for them when it's a crowded theater/parking lot to avoid traffic but yeah

Tiberius Christ
Mar 4, 2009

in the post credits end the delorean shows up being driven by Mary Mcfly

reallivedinosaur
Jun 13, 2012

Ogdober subrise! XDDD
realtalk: a blooper reel playing over the end credits

Fire Barrel
Mar 28, 2010

max4me posted:

I think the whole, moving back in with your parents after college, and defining yourself by the media you consume have lead to people not viewing themselves as adults.

This seems like a problem that has its roots well in a person's past, since I'm not sure moving back home, for whatever reason, would be cause to become a blend of entitled and emotionally stunted. It's super easy to put a bubble around oneself today and basing identity around consumption probably doesn't help. Seems like a bad trend.

Also post-credit scenes are dumb.

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Post-credit scenes were okay when it was just MCU movies that did it. Now that everyone does it; it has worn out its welcome.

Moongrave
Jun 19, 2004

Finally Living Rent Free

reallivedinosaur posted:

realtalk: a blooper reel playing over the end credits

So it's scenes of Sony execs saying "Yeah, Paul, Let's do this" and signing a contract for a Ghostbusters reboot?

Cowman
Feb 14, 2006

Beware the Cow

Germstore posted:

Post-credit scenes were okay when it was just MCU movies that did it. Now that everyone does it; it has worn out its welcome.

post-credit scenes have been a thing since before the MCU movies

Germstore
Oct 17, 2012

Cowman posted:

post-credit scenes have been a thing since before the MCU movies

example? pixar?

Ekusukariba
Oct 11, 2012

Germstore posted:

example? pixar?

The second Aladdin movie had an after credits scene

Blue Train
Jun 17, 2012

Germstore posted:

example? pixar?

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Post-credits_scene

first one was in like 1908 or smth

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

OMG JC a Bomb!
Jul 13, 2004

As the last of the credits rolls by, the jubilant ghost of Bill Murray floats on screen. "The movie is over! My contractual obligations are fulfilled! Finally, I'm free!" Bill flips off the audience as he ascends to heaven or maybe Disneyworld. "I NEVER HAD FAITH IN THIS PROJECCCCTTT~~~"

Fin.

• Locked thread