Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

As opposed to ironically using flashbangs?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

:420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420::420:
you've never encountered someone running hibana shotgun/pistol setup for the lols yet in ranked games, have you?

flashes in general are considered "broken" comedy options by most of the ppl that play this game even though they work well enough imo.

e: simply bringing them into a match can cause tryhards to rage - they're the same kind of ppl in cs:go that sperg out about eco rounds and the exact optimal guns to buy using a highly upvoted flowchart @ silver II

Thief fucked around with this message at 23:38 on Aug 26, 2017

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

7 gu mines makes me wanna goo myself namsayin boys

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Thief posted:

you've never encountered someone running hibana shotgun/pistol setup for the lols yet in ranked games, have you?

flashes in general are considered "broken" comedy options by most of the ppl that play this game even though they work well enough imo.

e: simply bringing them into a match can cause tryhards to rage - they're the same kind of ppl in cs:go that sperg out about eco rounds and the exact optimal guns to buy using a highly upvoted flowchart @ silver II

One time a guy got super mad and teamkilled me (in casual) because I was using the P90 as Doc. I just thought it looked pretty. v:shobon:v

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

lol i put an extended barrel on it and apparently that isn't the correct method of using an insanely high firerate according to the people that somehow are experts at GIGN defense

i like how you can put an acog on it but nobody cares because it isn't jager

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
i used a p90 with an acog on it accidentally as doc one time and i got like 3 headshot kills and 1 body kill so it seems fine to me. any gun that takes an acog and is accurate on the first shot is 'fine' from a usability standpoint

Ularg
Mar 2, 2010

Just tell me I'm exotic.
I shoot the bullets from the gun and it kills bad men.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Perestroika posted:

One time a guy got super mad and teamkilled me (in casual) because I was using the P90 as Doc. I just thought it looked pretty. v:shobon:v

I no joke unlocked rook as my first operator because I saw he has a p90 and I think it's a pretty gun. Red dot and extended barrel because I was a little noob.

I should give the p90 another whirl with ACOG though. Saturate the air with bullets, get headshots now and forever.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
Aside from the p90, the mp7 and the 416-c,are there any other Defense weapons that can use ACOGs?

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME
Mp5 can as well. Maybe echo's silenced mp5 variant?

forest spirit
Apr 6, 2009

Frigate Hetman Sahaidachny
First to Fight Scuttle, First to Fall Sink

I've always used the P90 because of the larger mag size and because headshots are 1 shot no matter the gun. I have had trolls TK me in casual for other egregious choices though, like when I had to grab a drink and was Recruit for a defense round and a teammate started lighting me up in voip about how I didn't have a gadget and we were doomed, he got picked by glaz early and I nearly aced and saved the round. The next attack round I picked recruit just because I like iron sights and he TK'd me at spawn without saying anything, and then was quiet in voip for the rest of the match

Usually trolls are teenagers and it's obvious from their voice but then you get the odd 30 year old guy who sounds like he's drinking and just yells racist poo poo, but I guess that's every online game ever

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm
I think i'm gonna run iron sight on the mp7 when the acogs gone. It just.. feels right.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Hard posted:

I think i'm gonna run iron sight on the mp7 when the acogs gone. It just.. feels right.

It's one of the few that isn't garbage.

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

Hard posted:

RIP my 2-1 Bandit vs everyone else usage.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

if i'm not roaming with Ela you can find me tucked into the deepest pockets of our defense right next to Echo who is actively Yokai patrolling the perimeter of regenerating mines I have places across on the front lines

A 50S RAYGUN
Aug 22, 2011
ela's mines do not regenerate i think?

also just got a p90 acog ace so haters step aside

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.
lol these scrubs not knowing the true power the p90.

It being a goddamn bullet hose is the reason it owns.

Slap an ACOG on it and you can just fill a hallway with death, one of them is bound to hit them in the head.

Deltasquid
Apr 10, 2013

awww...
you guys made me ink!

THUNDERDOME

Thief posted:

if i'm not roaming with Ela you can find me tucked into the deepest pockets of our defense right next to Echo who is actively Yokai patrolling the perimeter of regenerating mines I have places across on the front lines

If opfor isn't bashing their heads against an impregnable wall like it's Constantinople in 717, you're not defending properly.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

A 50S RAYGUN posted:

ela's mines do not regenerate i think?

they dont, i meant if im not playing her then ima play Lesion/Echo mostly

IceOrb posted:

It being a goddamn bullet hose is the reason it owns.

it's like the modern day ppsh

my aim isn't the best so i've always gravitated towards high capacity guns with :unsmigghh: firerates.

mira's vektor is somethin else tho holy poo poo

tjones
May 13, 2005
Why am I automatically connecting to the west coast data center if I'm an hour and a half from Atlanta? The whole loving server has 140+ pings.

Azran
Sep 3, 2012

And what should one do to be remembered?
It's weird because playing with 220ms feels better than playing with 120ms, even if the player on the receiving end has ~40-60ms. In the Brazil server Ash, Jager and Bandit are a nightmare to deal with. While in the US servers they are much more manageable.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

be advised keeping a tactical steam overlay web browser running on the giphy front page feed is the best lag switch ever

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

tjones posted:

Why am I automatically connecting to the west coast data center if I'm an hour and a half from Atlanta? The whole loving server has 140+ pings.

Try that.

Hard posted:

C:\Users\CurrentUser\Documents\My Games\Rainbow Six - Siege\GameSettings.ini

[ONLINE]
;DataCenterHint =>
default 'ping based'
eus 'us east'
cus 'us central'
scus 'us south central'
wus 'us west'
sbr 'brazil south'
neu 'europe north'
weu 'europe west'
eas 'asia east'
seas 'asia south east'
eau 'australia east'
wja 'japan west'
DataCenterHint=default
UseUPnP=1

in DataCenterHint=default, change the default to any of the abbreviations from the left column.

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

idk if i should be posting about this but apparently someone figured out how apply the doc infinite syringe glitch concept to spawn multiple tachanka turrets

so in theory you could setup enough turrets for everyone in the match

also in case anyone didnt know this already, experienced tachanka players can use their turret to legit block doors and some ladders :ssh:

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

It's part of Tachanka's buff.

See he gets turrets that regenerate over time and can place a maximum of 7 turrets.

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Multiple turrets was a bug a long while back, wasn't it?

Malcolm Excellent
May 20, 2007

Buglord
Spawn 10 turrets in the lobby of bank and have a Mexican shootout at this next big SIX TOURNAMENT

Thief
Jan 28, 2011

Admiral Joeslop posted:

Multiple turrets was a bug a long while back, wasn't it?

probably but i just saw it for the first time today

im just lolling at the idea of 5 turrets facing every major breach point with mira/bandit/mute/jager making it impenetrable

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

IceOrb posted:

It's part of Tachanka's buff.

See he gets turrets that regenerate over time and can place a maximum of 7 turrets.

Next update is a long piece of string, so that you can link all the turrets together and fire them at the same time. :getin:

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Perestroika posted:

Next update is a long piece of string, so that you can link all the turrets together and fire them at the same time. :getin:

As part of Operation Health 2.0 they are finally going to let Tachanka carry his gun turret and shoot it in third person.

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Hard, when is the tts going live on pc? Mine still says expired and I want to test out your garbage operators before they hit the garbage servers next week.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Ularg posted:

I shoot the bullets from the gun and it kills bad men.

Mine usually go into a wall.

Hard
Jul 31, 2005
Kid Napalm

Sgt. Cosgrove posted:

Hard, when is the tts going live on pc? Mine still says expired and I want to test out your garbage operators before they hit the garbage servers next week.

It goes live tomorrow.

Download is usually available a day prior which means today but being currently monday AM, let people wake the gently caress up, have a nice coffee aaaaand it should be enabled sometime today. (usually noon~ish .est)

e. You're welcome! :)

Hard fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Aug 28, 2017

Sgt. Cosgrove
Mar 16, 2007

How about I bend your body into funny balloon animal shapes?

Hard posted:

Some nice things

Thanks bae :love:

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

Hard, please.

https://rainbow6.ubisoft.com/siege/en-GB/updates/bloodorchid/index.aspx

Sdoots
Nov 3, 2013

I did this and could have stopped it, but nothing in nature ever follows a gaussian curve. Sure, they'll tell you that it does. They say that every five minutes someone dies in a car accident, but how often are there seven hundred and sixty one armless and legless corpses in one hangar?

This is incredible. It happens on the desktop site, too.

I'm belly laughing right now, jesus christ

IronDoge
Nov 6, 2008

Someone forgot to upload the new CSS file, lol.

automaticswim
Jan 7, 2005

butt interrogator
holy poo poo that list of fixes is long

Admiral Joeslop
Jul 8, 2010

This list of patch notes is incredible. I love every bit of it.

Operation Health, Best Operation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

hey they look kinda familiar I wonder where I've seen them before

• Locked thread