Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Davin Valkri posted:

If you want to do a Stonehenge-like IADS, nuclear SAMs are already in the database.

Firing nuclear weaponry on their own soil out of spite/idiocy is Belka's thing, not Erusea.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.
Blood and money

LostCosmonaut
Feb 15, 2014

Red Handed

Gonna be some real bad publicity for the Count if we toast a ship full of orphans, which might decrease our paycheck.

Zebrin
Mar 12, 2010

Chopping trees down and making elves cry.
Red Handed
Because we are mercs with morals.
I mean, we aren't even being payed for this job! We get an advantage in the next op, but that is it...

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Zebrin posted:

Because we are mercs with morals.

Don't call it morals.

Call it marketing.

PenguinSalsa
Nov 10, 2009

Night10194 posted:

Don't call it morals.

Call it marketing.

Public relations.

We're roleplaying the Hayyard Günnes PR department right now, aren't we?

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Surely the PR department is what we do after the mission when it turns out the pilots mis-identified the target and sunk a Tesla-owned cruise liner exclusively used by orphans and kittens.

koolkevz666
Aug 22, 2015
Blood and Money no surprise for me really anything that goes war crimes is good to me.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Calling the vote now. Will try to run the mission this evening.

I think we'll see more moral questions like this, it made for an interesting exercise and adds another layer onto who to bomb.

perfluorosapien
Aug 15, 2015

Oven Wrangler
Goon LPs always have this vocal pro-warcrimes contingent that never seems to get their way. I dread the day all that repressed warcriminality finally finds an outlet.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Once Stellaris is improved enough for someone to LP it, I guarantee the main moral conflict for goons will be whether to work the xenos to death, eat them, or just straight-up murder them all.

xthetenth
Dec 30, 2012

Mario wasn't sure if this Jeb guy was a good influence on Yoshi.

The Sandman posted:

Once Stellaris is improved enough for someone to LP it, I guarantee the main moral conflict for goons will be whether to work the xenos to death, eat them, or just straight-up murder them all.

Nahh, turning the fanatical purifiers into staunch pacifists in front of a helpless genocidal rump state forced to watch in horror is where true satisfaction lies.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

:catdrugs: :catdrugs:

Hoping to go live in an hour or so. Mission will be pretty brief.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

Live in 5.

https://www.twitch.tv/hiredgoons_pmc

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S90WqY6w28c

Ikasuhito
Sep 29, 2013

Haram as Fuck.

Congratulations our your successful insurance fraud goons.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

By the numbers. Lets hope that mystery bogey doesnt make our false flag preparations necessary.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Ikasuhito posted:

Congratulations our your successful insurance fraud goons.

Mission was successfully executed, but no guarantees that "fishing trawler" wasn't livestreaming a radar signature and on-ship HD webcam footage to YouTube.

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

Mission was successfully executed, but no guarantees that "fishing trawler" wasn't livestreaming a radar signature and on-ship HD webcam footage to YouTube.

Or that bogey in the north was the free state's AEW&C, watching us the whole way.

Hexenritter
May 20, 2001

or a CIA black ship for extraordinary renditions that just so happened to catch us in the act so they can blackmail us later to do their dirty work

Quinntan
Sep 11, 2013

Olothreutes posted:

Or that bogey in the north was the free state's AEW&C, watching us the whole way.

Couldn't have been, we'd have seen it emitting if it was

CoffeeQaddaffi
Mar 20, 2009

Hexenritter posted:

or a CIA black ship for extraordinary renditions that just so happened to catch us in the act so they can blackmail us later to do their dirty work

If their checks clear then I don't see the problem.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

I'm not going to spoiler this as it was pretty brief. There was a few tripwires I laid out early on but we went simple so none of the nastier ones came into play. This was more of a moral compass than anything else. It helped set the mood for the final assault on Luanda.

Von Hoff inquired as to our knowledge about the freighter and I, of course, played dumb. I explained that we had no boats, no interest in the seafaring stuff, etc. He didn't have much to say but I have a hunch he knows more than we think.

Oh look, the Times!

So it seems according to the rest of the world we go off free! My contact in Sofia is quite pleased, especially as the Lithium that was supposed to be on the Keyser Soze just sold at record prices. But this morning I had a letter waiting, delivered via corporate courier.

It seems the Wedgetail was in the air, just not emitting. But we were. I don't think they can pin it on us, but should they provide what info they have it could make things uncomfortable.

We'll call it an IOU for now.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I note Jack is home free, too. :unsmith:

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

If the Count asks us no questions we'll tell him no lies.

Meanwhile, if Lithium prices are up, do we get more per mine held?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Yooper posted:

There was a few tripwires I laid out early on but we went simple so none of the nastier ones came into play.

:dance:

Didn't go off perfectly, but once the Bulgarians are out of the way we are officially in a gently caress free zone as far as Mitsubishi's threat is concerned.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I kinda knew our AWACS going up at a random time of night would be suspicious but I didn't think of how obvious it just operating during the mission window would make things .

[Edit] wait what was their AWACS doing flying around at random in the early AM with its systems in passive. :raise:

Galaga Galaxian fucked around with this message at 03:42 on May 17, 2017

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I think going with the minimum necessary force and assets was really the right call, though.

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

I am kind of curious as to why the Wedgetail was up but not emitting, especially at that time. Aside from stalking our S-100, what possible use does that mission profile have? Did someone tip them off?

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

power crystals posted:

I am kind of curious as to why the Wedgetail was up but not emitting, especially at that time. Aside from stalking our S-100, what possible use does that mission profile have? Did someone tip them off?

Early response against night raids possibly.

Davin Valkri
Apr 8, 2011

Maybe you're weighing the moral pros and cons but let me assure you that OH MY GOD
SHOOT ME IN THE GODDAMNED FACE
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR?!

power crystals posted:

Wedgetail also works as ELINT, so they may have been listening for the Dictator doing broadcasts or whatever.

Anyway, well...that went better than expected. I just wonder what the reaction from Apple and Tesla will be, since lithium prices are spiking.

Yooper
Apr 30, 2012

I'll try and get the CMANO Planning Scenario up for the Luanda Strike.

The Google Map is ready to go.

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1WpTsgN4ZjD93Kh3EyjavoHjLJQA&usp=sharing

If you already posted a mission would you be so kind as to post it again please?

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Galaga Galaxian posted:

I kinda knew our AWACS going up at a random time of night would be suspicious but I didn't think of how obvious it just operating during the mission window would make things .

[Edit] wait what was their AWACS doing flying around at random in the early AM with its systems in passive. :raise:

Yeah, I should have specified the AWACS to fly around a bit and scan for other stuff. Oh well.

Agean90
Jun 28, 2008

the real question is: Can we blame this on the freestate somehow?

power crystals
Jun 6, 2007

Who wants a belly rub??

Operation For It Is Raining Dreams And I Have Cabin Fever

We have a ton to do and very little time to do it. We've gotten incredibly good at simple smash and grab style operations, so this is intended to be the pinnacle of that design. We're going to go in, find and blow up everything of value, and look damned good doing it. With the Bulgarians agreeing to stand down, we may even yet pull this off.

General goals:
Clear the coastal road of Angolan ground forces.
Suppress whatever's left of the Angolan airforce.
Remove any additional air threats.
Be at least partially prepared for unknown events - there's a bunch of potential unknowns out there (China, Apple, now SMARF) so we should plan on at least one of these going badly for us or at least making things way more interesting than we'd like.

Overall plan:
SDBs at the radar site and Cruise missiles fired at the runways along the coast. The goal is to blind the dictator's forces and keep those Su-30s from ever taking off. Hopefully if we fire four missiles at once at each target at least one will get through and if nothing else we'll make them expend a bunch of SAMs in the process, making it slightly safer for us. Again, if we're incredibly lucky, Von Hoff may actually capture some of them on the ground. Think about how thankful he'd be for that!
Reaper moves up the coast, letting SDB Gripens and light attackers do their job. SDBs go first, then SPICEs, then everybody else mops up.
Phantoms throw one salvo at the eastern front with the Rangers to try to unblock their advance and provide some extra pressure.
Phantoms remain on station after bomb release in case we need the AMRAAMs if China comes in hot or some other unforeseen event.

ROE:
Do not fly further inland than the inland road unless absolutely necessary.
Ignore any ground targets except:
- Surface-to-air missile or gun batteries
- Armored or mechanized units
- Command&Control infrastructure
- Artillery units not included in the above
Ignore any Free State ground targets not directly threatening H-G assets during this operation or otherwise specifically called out as targets
Ground target exceptions may be removed once all applicable targets have been destroyed or if remaining weapons cannot damage targets qualifying for the list
Under no circumstances fire on bridges or other transportation infrastructure - the dictator's forces aren't going anywhere, but our units need roads to drive on to get to Luanda.
Avoid firing on civilian-owned targets such as power stations and schools unless the target in question poses a specific and pressing threat to H-G or allied assets
If at any point a bridge is destroyed, redirect all ground strike missions to the inland road.
Do not engage SA-11s without standoff weapons unless absolutely certain the battery is depleted
Any Angolan or Free State air targets are hostile, except for SMARF if they specifically request a safe exit from the theater. I have no intel suggesting they will do this, but that's the most likely use of an IOU like that in my mind, and I've been weirdly correct with my guesses so far.
Bulgarians are to be considered neutral.
Any contacts from unknown factions or a faction not covered above (such as China or Tesla) is to be considered neutral, but return fire if self or allied assets are fired upon by contacts otherwise considered neutral

Details:

Unless otherwise specified, EMCON silent unless spiked or required for targeting

Mercury Flight
Composition: 4x JAS-39C Gripen (4x Meteor, 2x IRIS)
Orders: Provide CAP for the coast for this op. RTB on 0 Meteors, quick turnaround and return to the front. Split this flight into two pairs to try to keep refueling shenanigans to a minimum.

Illuminati Flight (yellow)
Composition: 1x MQ-9 Reaper (Gorgon Stare)
Orders: Start airborne near the front. Move up the front as targets are cleared. Spot targets. Hang back when any surface-to-air system is spotted.

Aspirant Flight (purple)
Composition: 1x Sperwer
Orders: Start airborne near the front. Move up the inner road as targets are cleared. Spot targets. Hang back when any surface-to-air system is spotted. Remain over friendly ground targets after Warhammer expends all air to ground munitions but do not proceed farther forward than friendly forces.

Rooster Flight (pink)
Composition: 2x Tornado [Germany] (2x Taurus), 2x Tornado [Saudi Arabia] (2x Storm Shadow)
Orders: Upon launch, proceed to launch points and hold until SDBs for the radar are released. At this point, fire all four Tauruses at the runway in Luanda and all four Storm Shadows at the runway at Caboledo. RTB after weapons release. Make all possible efforts to ensure simultaneous launch for homogeneous munitions.

Fury Flight (green)
Composition: 4x JAS-39C (8x SDB)
Orders:
- One Gripen detaches on launch to drop 4x SDB on the radar site indicated. Rejoin formation once weapons are released.
- Head up the coast. Engage targets that would provide resistance to a ground push as above. Prioritize SAMs and Angolan-operated bridge control structures on the first pass. When out of SDBs, Quick Turnaround and do it again (twice).

Warhammer Flight (orange)
Composition: 6x F-4E Phantom II (2x GBU-24), 1x EA-6B Prowler (5x AN/ALQ-99I)
EMCON: Prowler jammers on at launch; Phantom jammers on if hostile surface to air or air to air contacts detected that may threaten the flight relatively soon (i.e. not "there's a SAM halfway across the country", but one near the AO)
Orders: Move to the Ranger position in the east as indicated. Destroy ground targets that would block an advance. Prioritize SAMs. Once GBU-24s are expended, proceed to the coast and provide jamming and reserve CAP. Split the Phantoms into three pairs to help guard against aforementioned refueling nonsense.

Switchblade Flight (green)
Composition: 1x Su-25T (16x Vikhr), 2x SK60B (145mm rockets), 3x SK60B (gunpods)
WRA: Su-25T gun off unless other munitions are expended and targets vulnerable to gun runs are available.
Orders: Engage coast once Damocles Winchesters. SK60s prefer lighter-armored targets (or infantry) if any are available. Quick turnaround and do it again (twice).

Damocles Flight (green)
Composition: 4x Kfir C.10 (2x SPICE 1000)
Orders: Engage targets along the coast after Fury Winchesters the first time.

Canine Flight (green)
Composition: 1x Hawk (2x Maverick), 2x AMX A-11 (2x GBU-16), 2x Mirage F.1CR (2x AS.30L)
Orders: Engage targets along the coast after Damocles Winchesters.

Atlas Flight (red)
Composition: 1x S-100B
EMCON: Radar on at launch
Orders: Hold position near Benguela and provide detection.

Pigpen Flight (red)
Composition: 1x KC-135
Orders: Hold position near Benguela and provide fuel. Move up with the front if necessary.

Piglet Flight (blue)
Composition: 1x VC10.K4
Orders: Hold position near the eastern front and provide fuel. Head to the coast once Warhammer completes its ground strike.

power crystals fucked around with this message at 20:54 on May 18, 2017

Loel
Jun 4, 2012

"For the Emperor."

There was a terrible noise.
There was a terrible silence.

I appreciate the thoroughness of this plan.

The Sandman
Jun 23, 2013

Okay!

So, I've, like, designed a really sweet attack plan that I'm calling Attack Plan Ded Moroz, like "Deadmau5!"

WUB!
Okay, currently this is very rough. Expect a bunch of edits before voting starts. Should be done now, aside from potential minor edits.

Operation Toontown

Map Key:
Red: Rabbit Flight, Element Roger
Green: Rabbit Flight, Element Jessica
Black: Herman Flight
Teal: Acme Flight
Pink: Valiant Flight, Element Eddie
Blue: Valiant Flight, Element Teddy AO
Navy Blue: Doom Flight (solid primary, dashed secondary)
White: Warner Flight, Element Bugs
Yellow: Warner Flight, Element Porky
Dark Green: Warner Flight, Element Daffy

Rabbit Flight:

Element Roger:

2x AMX, 2x GBU-32(V)1/B JDAM, 2x AIM-9L Sidewinder, 2x 1100 liter Drop Tank
1x Prowler, 5x AN/ALQ-98I (ICAP-2 Block 89) ECM Pod
1x Gripen, 1x Litening III Pod (FLIR + LRMTS, 40k ft), 2x RB 98 IRIS-T (AIM-2000A), 3x 1275 liter Drop Tank, 8x GBU-39/B SDB
1x Gripen, 2x RB 98 IRIS-T (AIM-2000A), 1x 1275 liter Drop Tank, 4x RB 107 Meteor
1x VC10.K4

Ingress to target is over ocean, pre-dawn, aircraft tanking as necessary. Strike itself should be timed to hit airfield just after dawn.

At 65nm from Caboledo along ingress route, Prowler begins jamming, unless an AMX, the tanker or the Prowler itself is launched upon by enemy aircraft prior to that point (in which case it should begin offensive jamming directed along the launch vector). 55nm out, the Meteor-armed Gripen is cleared to fire on any enemy CAP above the airfield. At 35nm, the SDB Gripen launches two SDBs each at any enemy SAM sites or AA that could engage the JDAMs, prioritizing SA-2s, SA-11s, SA-19s and SA-6s in that order. At 10nm, the AMXs launch their JDAMs at the runway. If the runway isn't closed after the first strike, launch the remaining SDBs at it one at a time until it is. Once the runway is closed, use any remaining SDBs on military targets of opportunity; should there be no threat from enemy aircraft, SAMs, MANPADs or AAA, all planes are also cleared to perform low-altitude strafing runs against vulnerable military targets on or near the airfield.

After Winchester, all planes return to max altitude for flight home, pathing over water and remaining at least 35nm from the coast until in friendly skies. Element Daffy is to split off once south of current border and take up assigned position; Prowler will follow it and refuel before joining Element Eddie of Valiant Flight.

Once home, Gripens are to rearm with Meteors and form Element Teddy of Valiant Flight.

Element Jessica:

2x German Tornados, 1x BOZ-101EC Chaff/Flare + MAWS Pod, 2x Taurus KEPD 350P, 2x AIM-2000A IRIS-T, 1x Cerberus IV DECM Pod, 2x 1500 liter Drop Tank
2x Gripens, 1x Litening III Pod (FLIR + LRMTS, 40k ft), 2x RB 98 IRIS-T (AIM-2000A), 3x 1275 liter Drop Tank, 8x GBU-39/B SDB

Follow assigned route to endpoint approximately equidistant from northern and southern Angolan-held bridge command posts. While approaching endpoint, one Tornado will ascend to maximum altitude while the other Taurus will descend to 500 feet, with both aircraft at designated launch altitude prior to reaching endpoint. Once at endpoint, the Tornados are to each launch one missile at each command post, with all four missiles timed to reach their targets more-or-less simultaneously. After launching all Tauruses, both Tornadoes should return to 25k feet.

Gripens are to split up, one to each command post, flying so as to arrive one to two minutes before the missiles; they are to engage any enemy air defenses capable of intercepting the inbound Tauruses. Once Tauruses impact, Gripens are to confirm destruction of command posts, using own bombs if necessary; after command posts confirmed destroyed, Gripens may engage targets at will with priority anti-air/artillery/armor/mechanized/infantry.

Should there be no threat from enemy aircraft, SAMs, MANPADs or AAA, all planes are also cleared to perform low-altitude strafing runs against vulnerable military targets in the coastal corridor.

Following RTB Winchester, Gripens are to rearm with SDBs, each plane joining Herman Flight once finished rearming.

Acme Flight:

1x Gripen, 1x Litening III Pod (FLIR + LRMTS, 40k ft), 2x RB 98 IRIS-T (AIM-2000A), 3x 1275 liter Drop Tank, 8x GBU-39/B SDB
3x Gripen, 2x RB 98 IRIS-T (AIM-2000A), 1x 1275 liter Drop Tank, 4x RB 107 Meteor

This flight will target and destroy the radar near Calulo, dropping two SDBs at a time until radar is silenced. Once the target is eliminated, the Meteor Gripens are to form Element Eddie of Valiant Flight while the SDB Gripen is to use any remaining bombs on SAM sites in Element Eddie and Doom Flight's AO before RTBing to rearm with Meteors and join Element Teddy of Valiant Flight.

Valiant Flight:

Element Eddie:

3x Gripens, 2x RB 98 IRIS-T (AIM-2000A), 1x 1275 liter Drop Tank, 4x RB 107 Meteor
1x Prowler, 5x AN/ALQ-98I (ICAP-2 Block 89) ECM Pod

This element will begin on the defensive, flying CAP between the Angolan-held coast road bridges and the Free State's border with the dictator. Once the Prowler returns from the Caboledo strike, all aircraft are to tank up and begin a sweep targeting enemy aircraft. Launch Meteors once within 50nm of targets. Highest priority is to shoot down the enemy AEW plane, followed by the F-2s. Gripens are to use transponder codes of stolen Kfirs until actively engaged by Free State or SMARF aircraft. EMCON once fighting begins is to have two Gripens radiating and two Gripens dark at any given time. Prowler is to jam everything.

Element Teddy:

3x Gripens, 2x RB 98 IRIS-T (AIM-2000A), 1x 1275 liter Drop Tank, 4x RB 107 Meteor

This element will provide CAP over the Count's western advance, Herman Flight, Benny Company, and the bridges on the coast road. If no enemy air activity detected, two of the Gripens are authorized to slide eastward and engage Free State aircraft.

Doom Flight:

1x Frogfoot, 8x RBK-500-ZAB (117 x ZAB-2.5SM Incendiary), 2x AA-8 Aphid (R-60TM)
5x SK-60s, 4x 30mm ADEN Mk4 x 2 Burst (60 rnds)
1x Hawk, 2x 190 ImpG Drop Tank, 2x AIM-9P-4 Sidewinder, 2x AGM-65G Maverick IR

Tenderize and barbecue the Free State units between our troops and their lithium mine. Priority is the unit opposite Mbeke's 9th; if those troops are dead, hit the other Free State unit in the area. If any SAM sites are located in firing range of targets, immediately engage and destroy it before returning to CAS strikes. Do not launch this element until Valiant Flight has begun its sweep, except if necessary to avoid being caught on the ground by enemy strike.

In areas with no threat from enemy aircraft, SAMs, MANPADs or AAA, all aircraft are cleared to perform low-altitude strafing runs against vulnerable targets.

Herman Flight:

2x Saudi Tornados, 12x Brimstone, 2x AIM-2000A IRIS-T, 1x ARI.23246 Sky Shadow Mk2 DECM Pod, 1x BOZ-107 Chaff/Flare Pod, 2x 550 ImpG Drop Tank
6x Phantoms, 1x Litening Pod (FLIR + LRMTS, 40k ft), 2x AIM-120B AMRAAM, 2x GBU-10E/B Paveway II LGB (Mk84), 2x 370 USG Drop Tank, 1x 600 USG Drop Tank, 1x AN/ALQ-119 DECM Pod
2x Mirages, 2x R.550 Magic 2 Mk2, 4x GBU-12D/B Paveway II LGB (Mk82), 1x Barax NG DECM Pod, 1x Phimat Chaff Pod, 1x 2200 liter Drop Tank
4x Kfirs, 3x 1300 liter Drop Tank, 2x SPICE 1000 GPS/EO (Mk83), 2x Python 5
2x Gripens, 1x Litening III Pod (FLIR + LRMTS, 40k ft), 2x RB 98 IRIS-T (AIM-2000A), 3x 1275 liter Drop Tank, 8x GBU-39/B SDB

Working northward from border, destroy enemy units along the coast road to Luanda, priority armor/artillery/anti-air/mechanized/infantry/military facilities. If all targets on route are gone and planes still have ordnance, begin hitting targets on eastern route to Luanda. Should there be no threat from enemy aircraft, SAMs, MANPADs or AAA, all planes are also cleared to perform low-altitude strafing runs against vulnerable military targets once other munitions are exhausted.

Should a bridge on the coast road be destroyed, all CAS efforts are to switch to the eastern route.

Warner Flight:

Element Bugs:
1x Saab S100 B

Provide AEW support along assigned racetrack

Element Porky:
1x KC-135

Provide refueling, remaining roughly between four-o'clock and eight-o'clock in closest proximity along assigned racetrack to Element Eddie of Valiant Flight at all times.

Element Daffy:
1x VC10.K4

Provide refueling along assigned racetrack.

Disney Flight:

Element Mickey:
1x Reaper, Gorgon Stare

The Reaper will fly a racetrack over the ocean parallel to the coast road, identifying targets for Herman Flight. At no point is it to come within range of any functioning enemy SAM batteries, MANPADs or AAA, excepting those whose missiles/shells have a lower max altitude than the Reaper. Aside from those circumstances, it is to begin its mission at 30k feet. Upon reaching the northern end of its track, it is to decrease altitude to 20k feet and retrace the track southward. Second northward pass will be at 10k feet, second southward at 5k feet. After a decrease in altitude, the Reaper is to shift eastward as needed to retain visibility out to at least 20nm east of the coast road, so long as it still has visibility of the coastline in the west.

Should a bridge on the coast road be destroyed, the Reaper will ascend to max altitude and move to provide reconnaissance of the eastern route to Luanda.

Element Goofy:
1x Sperwer

The Sperwer will fly recon at 22k feet between Kuito and the Free State's lithium mine, identifying targets for Doom Flight.

Benny Company:

1x I-Hawk
2x SA-22
2x ZSU-23-4

The SAM batteries are to move up the coast road behind von Hoff's troops. Upon taking the first bridge, one of the SA-22s and one of the ZSU-23-4s will deploy to protect it. The I-Hawk will deploy halfway between the first and second bridges. The other SA-22 and ZSU will deploy to protect the second bridge once it's been secured.

Deployment Locations:

Benguela (Catumbela)
*Rabbit Flight Gripens
*AMXs
*Prowler
*German Tornados
*Phantoms
*Mirages
*Kfirs
*VC10
*Reaper

Albano Machado
*Acme Flight Gripens
*Saudi Tornados
*Saab 100
*KC-135

Kuito
*Frogfoot
*Hawk
*SK60s
*Sperwer

On the coast road, immediately behind friendly mech infantry
*I-Hawk
*SA-22s
*ZSU-23-4s

Schedule:
Element Roger of Rabbit Flight and Element Daffy of Warner Flight are to launch first. Element Jessica launches next. Disney Flight and Acme Flight launch after that, followed by the remainder of Warner Flight. Herman Flight does not launch until both elements of Rabbit Flight complete their missions. Doom Flight follows its underlined ROE.

Acme Flight should carry out its mission first, followed by Rabbit Flight.
Both elements of Rabbit Flight should try to complete their primary missions (closing Caboledo and destroying the bridge command posts, respectively) at approximately the same time, just after dawn.

Gripens, Frogfoot, and SK-60s should be set on Quick Turnaround, all other aircraft on Surge.

General ROE:

*DO NOT approach Luanda more closely than the bridges held by the Bulgarians, unless doing so is deemed ABSOLUTELY necessary to prevent the bridge along our present axis of advance from being destroyed.

* DO NOT fire on Tesla, Apple or Chinese forces, excepting only munitions targeted at any of the following: our or the Count's assets, the two bridges on the coast road, or the two bridges guarded by the Bulgarians.

* DO NOT fire on civilian infrastructure unless actively fired upon by enemy military units within said infrastructure. DO NOT fire on military infrastructure unless no military units remain to be targeted. DO NOT fire on bridges along coast road under any circumstances, including enemy military units crossing or stationed atop said bridges.

* Except where specified otherwise, CAS aircraft should launch a single munition at any given target and update BDA prior to launching another munition at it, and should also pick different targets from each other if such is possible while obeying other ROEs.

* Except where otherwise specified or when necessary either to evade incoming attack or to fly within release height for their munitions, aircraft on CAS missions are to maintain an altitude of 25k ft while carrying out missions. When RTB Winchester or flying to refuel, rise to max altitude.

*Except where otherwise specified or when necessary to either evade an enemy attack or prosecute their own, aircraft on any non-CAS mission are to remain at maximum altitude. This includes Meteor-armed Gripens attached to other flights.

*Bingo fuel is to be set at 30% for all aircraft, except for Warner Flight. Bingo setting may be ignored in cases where it would leave an aircraft without enough fuel to reach a friendly base or tanker. Warner Flight bingo fuel is to be set at lowest safe percentage, and Warner Flight is to be given highest priority should there be a landing queue when they RTB.

EMCON:

Except where specified otherwise, all units except for Element Bugs are to remain radar-silent unless fired upon. If fired upon, ONLY the aircraft under attack should activate its radar to identify the attacker and return fire if possible from current position, after which it should return to radar silence.

Standard Formations
Valiant Flight Gripens are to fly in 3-man formations. All other aircraft are to fly in 2-man formations containing only the same type of plane, except where specific instructions or an odd number of aircraft necessitate flying individually.

Aircraft on Bingo Fuel or RTB Winchester are to break off individually and return to their previous formations once rearmed or refueled, excepting those instances where multiple aircraft in a formation reach RTB Winchester or Bingo Fuel at the same time.

Will continue to fill out operation from here. Okay, I think that's everything.

The Sandman fucked around with this message at 16:25 on May 19, 2017

Olothreutes
Mar 31, 2007

Was that Mitsubishi plane operating in Free State area?

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Olothreutes posted:

Was that Mitsubishi plane operating in Free State area?

The Japanese/Korean PMC Squadron Free State hired is subsidized by Mitsubishi.

SlightlyMad
Jun 7, 2015

Gary’s Answer

yurtcradled posted:

Goon LPs always have this vocal pro-warcrimes contingent that never seems to get their way. I dread the day all that repressed warcriminality finally finds an outlet.

Out of character chat: Not to start a silly derail, just a comment. Why vote for blood-thirsty options? Why role play as a cold-hearted killer? Because mercenaries kill, war is hell and there is no hand-sanitizer that can wash away that reality no matter how hard you try to scrub. Make no mistake, when bombs are dropped they will maim, destroy and kill. We are leaving a trail of orphans wherever we go, so let's not kid ourselves about the moral character of our outfit.

War is brutal, and as a PMC we are profiting from it. So, let's go make some money and fill some coffins, shall we? We work for the Grim Reaper, not Doctors Without Borders. Although we do bring them business on the side, I guess. Yooper, great LP.

In character: I will volunteer to do any dirty work our dear Hayard-Günnes PMC ever needs. No need to cause PTSD on more sensitive individuals. I'm already nuts.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bacarruda
Mar 30, 2011

Mutiny!?! More like "reinterpreted orders"

SlightlyMad posted:

We work for the Grim Reaper, not Doctors Without Borders.

Funnily enough, our first mission, we actually did work for Doctors Without Borders. We escorted one of their transports.