Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rotacixe
Oct 21, 2008
The Night King was about to spear the landed dragon that was a sitting duck, but then he remembered the script and decided to kill a dragon that doesn't carry any important characters.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Maybe this guy that flies is just sort of passing through, you know?

like the Mitsubishi A6M Zero, dragons lack a self-sealing fuel tank

JBP
Feb 16, 2017

You've got to know, to understand,
Baby, take me by my hand,
I'll lead you to the promised land.
Can't wait for Drogon to get ice speared into a fireball then Dany manages to get blown clear and fall into a deep pool of watery safety that's just off screen.

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I laughed so hard at Arya just having a bunch of faces in her bag. I know that's how it's always worked but I never fully realised until then how dumb it looked

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

JBP posted:

Can't wait for Drogon to get ice speared into a fireball then Dany manages to get blown clear and fall into a deep pool of watery safety that's just off screen.

And then a nice actress heals her grevious wounds in a day

Bacon Terrorist
May 7, 2010

to ride eternal, shiny and chrome

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2022
Jon Snow had too much plot armour there for my liking, the anthesis of what made the show/books refreshing in the first place. I really enjoyed the action scenes but as soon as they saw that army I just thought 'they'll be rescued by Dragons' although I thought maybe the dragons might have come without Dany because Jon is a secret Targ or some poo poo.

Also knew it would be Cold Hands/Benjen (are they the same person? Can't remember) that got him out of that predicament. I like Jon Snow as a character but I feel like the stakes are low when he is in peril, especially after his return from the dead.

Good episode though I'm not sure who died in it (people or dragons) and agree the show writers are taking the piss a bit with the pacing.

Nail Rat
Dec 29, 2000

You maniacs! You blew it up! God damn you! God damn you all to hell!!

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Jon Snow had too much plot armour there for my liking

Really that should be expected after the Battle of the Bastards.

Parkingtigers
Feb 23, 2008
TARGET CONSUMER
LOVES EVERY FUCKING GAME EVER MADE. EVER.
The episode owned, frankly. The band of bastards had collectively some of the best dialogue that's ever been in the show, every little chat between the various dudes was a joy. Especially Tormund and the Hound. The wight bear was a good way to foreshadow that hey, animals can be raised, even big ones. Really liked the lengthy fight scene with the wights to give a sense that no matter how badass your warriors are, the enemy is unrelenting and overwhelming. Really sold the helplessness of trying to win battles against them, especially as the Night King can just raise them all up again after each battle.

Arya sucked, but it's just becoming more obvious what a weak actress Maisie Williams is. Nice kid, but ehhh she's not great. Sophie Williams has grown into a goddamn star though, they lucked out with her. She carried those scenes.

Episode was great though. The teleporting around at the end of S6 and start of S7, combined with giant clonestamped armies, has been a weak point. But the actual bullet points the show is hitting now are pretty loving awesome. I tried to be cynical, but I had Team Fanservice fighting an army of zombies being rescued by a pretty girl on a dragon and my nerd boner can only get so loving hard before it shatters.

Also this is funny:

https://twitter.com/haarleyquin/status/897577208440606721

Escobarbarian
Jun 18, 2004

Grimey Drawer
I admit that, having not really been emotionally affected by this show in forever, I got a little teary when Tormund was rescued by the Hound. Fantastic moment.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

I have to wait until after work to watch it....this life is unfair. I'm gonna be grumpy even during my 1.9mil closing.

skasion
Feb 13, 2012

Why don't you perform zazen, facing a wall?

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

like the Mitsubishi A6M Zero, dragons lack a self-sealing fuel tank

Yet another advantage of the Stuka

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Solice Kirsk posted:

I have to wait until after work to watch it....this life is unfair. I'm gonna be grumpy even during my 1.9mil closing.

Thank you for using the GOT SPOILER Thread: Get a loving life. It's only tits and dragons. thread to do the posting equivalent of talking loudly on your celly at Applebees about what a big shot doing big deals you are, in your button up shirt and half-windsored tie.

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

I have to wait until after my nap to watch it uhhhhg woe is me

Kopijeger
Feb 14, 2010
Davos says to fetch the maester. Implies that there is one stationed at Eastwatch. Once again, the maesters at Oldtown did not even consider sending the man a raven asking him if he can corraborate the claims about the White Walkers.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Thank you for using the GOT SPOILER Thread: Get a loving life. It's only tits and dragons. thread to do the posting equivalent of talking loudly on your celly at Applebees about what a big shot doing big deals you are, in your button up shirt and half-windsored tie.

You're welcome!

InFlames235
Jan 13, 2004

LIKE THE WAVES IN THE OCEAN I WILL DIG IN YOUR FAT AND SEARCH FOR YOUR CLITORIS, BUT I WON'T SLAM WHALE

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

Im in sales and people like him are all over the place.

i am the bird
Mar 2, 2005

I SUPPORT ALL THE PREDATORS
The dragon killshot gif reminds me of the spear throw in Troll 2. I hope we get bad reaction shots from the dragon.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

InFlames235 posted:

Im in sales and people like him are all over the place.

Yeah, it was kinda uncouth. Sorry guys, but I'm kinda excited and can't talk to my co-workers about it until it closes. Not the right thread for it I know.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

Just make sure you put the gold at the head of the baggage train and get it thru the gates first.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Bacon Terrorist posted:

Good episode though I'm not sure who died in it (people or dragons)

Thoros of Myr died
Viserion one of the smaller dragons died
Benjen died
All the red shirts they took with them died

drunkill
Sep 25, 2007

me @ ur posting
Fallen Rib
The Hound is going to Kings Landing.

Cleganebowl is back on.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

Escobarbarian posted:

I admit that, having not really been emotionally affected by this show in forever, I got a little teary when Tormund was rescued by the Hound. Fantastic moment.

The Hound poo poo the bed though when he was too scared of the fire to help Thoros

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

drunkill posted:

The Hound is going to Kings Landing.

Cleganebowl is back on.

That's next season after Cersei attacks them mid Other attack.

Owlbear Camus
Jan 3, 2013

i wonder if they'll have the NK take over zombie mountain or if he is a different sort of undead construct from wights that doesn't connect on their bluetooth

Blitz of 404 Error
Sep 19, 2007

Joe Biden is a top 15 president

Solice Kirsk posted:

That's next season after Cersei attacks them mid Other attack.

Oh for fucks sake, when Jaime see her turning traitor he kills her therefore a. completing his arc b. Becoming the queenslayer c. Valonqar oh God dammit

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

What are the betting odds on a zombie hodor at some point

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

drunken officeparty posted:

What are the betting odds on a zombie hodor at some point

Hes probably already in that army somewhere

The undead in GRRM's universe dont seem to crave eating brains and flesh like traditional undead, all they wanna do is kill, make the person dead for reanimation and thus enlistment

Benjen gonna get recruited too, they probably dont/wont show em cuz then you gotta pay an actor and makeup

Propaganda Machine
Jan 2, 2005

Truthiness!

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

For once, the hero we ask for and not the one we deserve (which is somewhere between Jon Snuh and Ned Stark's good decision-making).

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

This episode is clearly written by TV writers with no balls. Kill off Thoros but not Tormund? Another Jon fake death for 15 seconds? It would have been better if they left him dead until next episode.

White walker dragon was so predictable once the Night King speared him, but I'm not sure there was a better way to do the reveal.

Also all the Jon and Danny stuff, while decently emotional, feels like the show turning into Desperate Housewives.

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

The Dany line was corny but i dig the relationship overall

Jon Snow needs to smash its been a while

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Pac-Manioc Root posted:

i wonder if they'll have the NK take over zombie mountain or if he is a different sort of undead construct from wights that doesn't connect on their bluetooth

Oh god.

Seeing how campy D&D can get I can definitely see the NK hijacking the Mountain and then we get Cleganebowl, the Mountain is about to win and kill the Hound but then he stops himself through willpower long enough to give the Hound the kill because "He REALLY cared about his brother you guuuuuyyyyzz!nevermind he toasted his face that one time"

Arglebargle III
Feb 21, 2006

Holy poo poo, the end game of this 90 hour HBO prestige drama is a yugi-oh joke. Holy poo poo guys.

Anyone who says Williams is a weak actor is a trash moron.

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.
Yeah I love Tormund but I agree AT LEAST he should've died. 6/7 make it out alive and you only kill the least developed of the 7? Weak.

Basically I would've preferred if only Jon and the Hound had made it out.

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Josh Lyman posted:

Kill off Thoros but not Tormund?

The show is at the point where most of it's viewers subconsciously realise "hey, this is not as good as before" so killing a minor character that is actually fun to watch will more likely result in backlash than in praise.

If they are intent on farming shock value honey right now the only options for shock death are Jon, Dany (this season has been the Jon and Dany Show after all) and waaaaaaaay waaaaaay more behind Arya or Sansa.

Even Tyrion who was a major character s1-s4 really feels like an extra.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I thought Beric dies too?

drunken officeparty
Aug 23, 2006

qbert posted:

Yeah I love Tormund but I agree AT LEAST he should've died. 6/7 make it out alive and you only kill the least developed of the 7? Weak.

Basically I would've preferred if only Jon and the Hound had made it out.

Kill the hound, zombify him, and have zombie bowl

qbert
Oct 23, 2003

It's both thrilling and terrifying.

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Nope, Beric was the first fucker on the dragon.

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
What was all that poo poo about "Beric spends his last life to rez Jon"?

Hexel
Nov 18, 2011

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I read in one of the plot outline leaks that him and Jon die but he spends his last life to res Jon and thus died for good but that was either bullshit or scrapped.

There are other things from the plot leak that havent made it to TV like Sam running into a guy on his exodus from Oldtown and knocking his rear end out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Vikar Jerome
Nov 26, 2013

I believe Emmanuelle is shit, though Emmanuelle 2, Emmanuelle '77 and Goodbye, Emmanuelle may be very good movies.
doesnt he die in the books like back in season 3 or something.

• Locked thread