Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

The Bloop posted:

That sprite pie probably tastes good af not gonna lie

It looks like it's still liquid at the end.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

SlothfulCobra posted:

I'm not really convinced it's solid.

It might have a slightly solid layer of cheese but it looked like it was still boiling. I mean yeah, warm sprite with an assload of dissolved sugar in it with some cheese might taste decent, but it's not a pie just because you pour it in a pie crust. If you tried to slice it you'd just be left with a soggy pie crust and a mess.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

SlothfulCobra posted:

I feel like with liquid-filled meals like that, maybe it's a lot better eating bit by bit starting with the top so at most there's only ever a slow leak and you can constantly mix the filling and package material.

Instead of just slicing it open for the instagram cross-section and ruining the structural integrity so now you're just eating soup on a plate.

I can understand it *in theory* for a dish that you want to be sitting in a sauce on a serving plate, but the visual on these is always just so unpleasant.

Also the way the knife struggled to get through that top layer makes me think it’s just going to be thick and pasty and cloying sweet.

Ror
Oct 21, 2010

😸Everything's 🗞️ purrfect!💯🤟

Huh, apparently it's basically a real Depression era dish called water pie and he just replaced the water with Sprite. They come out of the oven kind of watery but then you refrigerate it and the liquid sort of sets.

Polyseme
Sep 6, 2009

GROUCH DIVISION

Ror posted:

Huh, apparently it's basically a real Depression era dish called water pie and he just replaced the water with Sprite. They come out of the oven kind of watery but then you refrigerate it and the liquid sort of sets.

This is near optimal crust:filling.

Desert Bus
May 9, 2004

Take 1 tablet by mouth daily.

yeah I eat rear end posted:

It might have a slightly solid layer of cheese but it looked like it was still boiling. I mean yeah, warm sprite with an assload of dissolved sugar in it with some cheese might taste decent, but it's not a pie just because you pour it in a pie crust. If you tried to slice it you'd just be left with a soggy pie crust and a mess.

That's shredded butter, not cheese.

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp
Sorry to Kramer on in here, but I just discovered this guy and he rules!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyMTol4GH_E

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Duck_King posted:

Sorry to Kramer on in here, but I just discovered this guy and he rules!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyMTol4GH_E

That's not how taste tests are supposed to go. :mad: Just sitting here getting mad as the guy scoops up spoonful after heaping spoonful of the first thing before trying the second thing. Using biscuits as a palate cleanser between the two seemed like a good idea, but then he shoves in one more spoonful of the first before trying the second.

I'd love to see this guy at a wine tasting though. Just sitting there getting completely sloshed as he chugs the wine.

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp
I dunno, I thought he executed it flawlessly. He even went over the local egg-enomics!

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

spankmeister posted:

If you've never gotten a blister on your lip from biting into a piping hot cheese filled sausage, you haven't lived.

also if you haven't sliced open a hot dog stuffed it with American cheese wrapped it all up in bacon and threw it in the deep fryer

Never trust a skinny chef

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

Burger King in Taiwan is selling a Chocolate Peanut Butter Whopper.

It is bad.

more falafel please
Feb 26, 2005

forums poster

Marx Was A Lib posted:

also if you haven't sliced open a hot dog stuffed it with American cheese wrapped it all up in bacon and threw it in the deep fryer

that's a francheezie dog

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

Marx Was A Lib posted:

AKA "Berner Würstel"

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

SlothfulCobra
Mar 27, 2011

GoutPatrol posted:

Burger King in Taiwan is selling a Chocolate Peanut Butter Whopper.

It is bad.

This actually reminds me of how my dad sometimes marinates his burgers in teriyaki so they stain the bun.

I don't think chocolate sauce would be as pleasant.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day
peanut butter is great on a burger, this place used to make PB and cream cheese burgers with a bacon jelly, extremely rich but very tasty.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

I had a burger with a few thin slices of Mars bar in it and that was surprisingly good.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
In this video professional foodies eat cheese in a ball pit and describe food with the made up words "kiki" and "bouba".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro9e4uGxU64

Multisensory eating experiences sound absolutely filthy.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
This cheddar is kiki

Ricotta is v bouba

KataraniSword
Apr 22, 2008

but at least I don't have
a MLP or MSPA avatar.
I am my own man.

LifeSunDeath posted:

peanut butter is great on a burger, this place used to make PB and cream cheese burgers with a bacon jelly, extremely rich but very tasty.

The problem is that it’s just a Whopper with Hershey’s Syrup and melted skippy on it.

Complete with the raw onion, judging by the ads I’ve seen online of it.

Raw onion does not particularly go well with Hershey’s vomchoc. And that’s before thinking about the fact that Burger King burgers don’t go too well with people who have working taste buds.

My Lovely Horse
Aug 21, 2010

yeah I eat rear end posted:

If you tried to slice it you'd just be left with a soggy pie crust and a mess.
Although judging from the swirly cake, that is the general idea these days.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

KataraniSword posted:

The problem is that it’s just a Whopper with Hershey’s Syrup and melted skippy on it.

Raw onion does not particularly go well with Hershey’s vomchoc. And that’s before thinking about the fact that Burger King burgers don’t go too well with people who have working taste buds.

Oh yuck

AARD VARKMAN
May 17, 1993

SoylentCola
Mar 21, 2001

Ultra Carp
With the approaching of Christmas there is one thing in the UK we all start to think about, Giant Pigs in blankets.

Aldi have knocked it out of the park this year with this 6ft 5in beaut!

It lacks a little of the showiness of the 2ft battered pig in blanket from last year but I think you will agree we would all like to see one of these coiled around the Christmas tree like a prolapsed python.

SoylentCola has a new favorite as of 17:07 on Nov 15, 2020

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

GoutPatrol
Oct 17, 2009

*Stupid Babby*

KataraniSword posted:

Yeah that's pretty much what it was, with sauce that was even runnier than usual Hershey's syrup out of the bottle.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

I never knew I needed this until today

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

That actually looks real good, bacon and cheese croquettes basically.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
It looks like it would be delicious for about two very specific minutes in between cheese scalds the roof of your mouth and bacon gets cold

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

oh poo poo there's a gravy variant:

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Wong thread, these look awesome.

Hirayuki
Mar 28, 2010

LifeSunDeath posted:

oh poo poo there's a gravy variant:

My heart knows that's mashed potato, but my brain parses it as a gravy-filled sugared beignet. :gonk:

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

SoylentCola posted:

With the approaching of Christmas there is one thing in the UK we all start to think about, Giant Pigs in blankets.

Aldi have knocked it out of the park this year with this 6ft 5 in beaut!

It lacks a little of the showiness of the 2ft battered pig in blanket from last year but I think you will agree we would all like to see one of these coiled around the Christmas tree like a a prolapsed python.

Gimme some mustard and I'm going to town.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Appreciating the av/post combo there ^^

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Behold, potato potato pie

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9kxRi3YZPw

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

he starts putting sugar in and I'm like "oh it's treacle tart then"

E: yeah that looks like basically the same idea as treacle tart but using potato for body and sugar instead of treacle. Would probably be more interesting with treacle.

OwlFancier has a new favorite as of 17:54 on Nov 15, 2020

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

this is just straight up stupid.

bob dobbs is dead
Oct 8, 2017

I love peeps
Nap Ghost
water pie

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

For reference: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=48lDzD6JNJc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

angerbot
Mar 23, 2004

plob

fizzymercy posted:

In this video professional foodies eat cheese in a ball pit and describe food with the made up words "kiki" and "bouba".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ro9e4uGxU64

Multisensory eating experiences sound absolutely filthy.

The kiki/bouba experiment is a staple of teaching linguistics to dummies and I'd very much like you to provide some words that aren't "made up."