Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Malaysia#/media/File:Location_Malaysia_ASEAN.svg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Morphix
May 21, 2003

by Reene

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. I know alot of people say we should take these assholes seriously(and we should as in kicking their head in) but these guys are loving jokes, even compared with the nazis. the nazi brownshirt thugs/facist blackshirts in italy, were either mostly hosed up war vets from storm trooper/arditi regments of ww1 or hosed up kids who were the sons, younger brothers of those psychos. they actually know how to fight. these fuckers just dress up as pepe the centurion and or a templar and then think that will work.

and until it really does get to that point, it completely behooves us not to play into their paranoia. because the poo poo destroys movements from the inside out, our strength is the transparency of mass appeal and movement, you start making that poo poo secret, not letting people be part of it freely because 'tango alpha protocol must be maintained and you are level 2 grunt over n out' and people will start doing dumb poo poo on their own in the name of the movement. it's what happened in charroltisville, homie decided to take his lone wolf mission to the next level. All the motioning of their stupid communication wouldn't have stopped that because that's the whole fantasy, go radio dark operator!

And in the end, it sucks a comrade died but the left as a broad political movement became stronger and we didn't become the loving thing we hate. paranoid psychos hatching secret plans. That's not to say stuff like what black bloc doesn't isn't important, im talking about in a broad movement sense. Because if you look at the broad right protest movement, it's all paranoid operator planning poo poo. It literally serves no loving purpose because antifa is always there, it's never helped them 'tactically' loving once, yet they keep doing it. the paranoia is a drug.

Morphix has issued a correction as of 17:54 on Oct 9, 2018

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011
Do cops not care about anti-mask laws anymore? I've seen protesters in Texas wearing masks bit I'm not sure if that's grounds for arrest or not.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

you need the paranoid psychos or else nobody will take the mr rogers types seriously

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

Flavius Aetass posted:

Do cops not care about anti-mask laws anymore? I've seen protesters in Texas wearing masks bit I'm not sure if that's grounds for arrest or not.

cops only care about laws when they want to hurt someone, that's it

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

BOOSness Hammocks posted:

It’s wild that a year later these fuckos are still getting nailed for their big stupid coming out murder party. I could do for a few more high-profile despair suicides, like the meme suit furry who speedballed himself straight to Valhalla.

i wonder how the first round of doxxed charlottesville nazis are doing

Flavius Aetass
Mar 30, 2011

Al! posted:

cops only care about laws when they want to hurt someone, that's it

Yeah I know, but as far as relative risk are people just saying gently caress it and wearing masks with no consequences now or is that a bad idea in a state with anti-mask laws?

fool of sound
Oct 10, 2012

Flavius Aetass posted:

Yeah I know, but as far as relative risk are people just saying gently caress it and wearing masks with no consequences now or is that a bad idea in a state with anti-mask laws?

They only enforce mask laws if you are otherwise doing something that they don't like or are black.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Dapper_Swindler posted:

yeah. I know alot of people say we should take these assholes seriously(and we should as in kicking their head in) but these guys are loving jokes, even compared with the nazis. the nazi brownshirt thugs/facist blackshirts in italy, were either mostly hosed up war vets from storm trooper/arditi regments of ww1 or hosed up kids who were the sons, younger brothers of those psychos. they actually know how to fight. these fuckers just dress up as pepe the centurion and or a templar and then think that will work.
apropos is this story about this 3 percenter group, as while scary as this sounds, it was also an enormous fuckup of their part. they were using a zello channel which mimics walkie talkies and had been snooped:

https://twitter.com/thedailybeast/status/1044343246825164800

Morphix posted:

and until it really does get to that point, it completely behooves us not to play into their paranoia. because the poo poo destroys movements from the inside out, our strength is the transparency of mass appeal and movement, you start making that poo poo secret, not letting people be part of it freely because 'tango alpha protocol must be maintained and you are level 2 grunt over n out' and people will start doing dumb poo poo on their own in the name of the movement. it's what happened in charroltisville, homie decided to take his lone wolf mission to the next level. All the motioning of their stupid communication wouldn't have stopped that because that's the whole fantasy, go radio dark operator!

And in the end, it sucks a comrade died but the left as a broad political movement became stronger and we didn't become the loving thing we hate. paranoid psychos hatching secret plans. That's not to say stuff like what black bloc doesn't isn't important, im talking about in a broad movement sense. Because if you look at the broad right protest movement, it's all paranoid operator planning poo poo. It literally serves no loving purpose because antifa is always there, it's never helped them 'tactically' loving once, yet they keep doing it. the paranoia is a drug.
yeah for sure

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

It's a race to see if the rising sea levels or the ants take him out first.

Grape
Nov 16, 2017

Happily shilling for China!

Honestly I'm a little surprised they aren't singing a different tune in cases where the victims were male. But then again the true toxically masculine take would have nothing but scorn for weak victim beta males I guess.

Grape has issued a correction as of 19:38 on Oct 9, 2018

Useful Distraction
Jan 11, 2006
not a pyramid scheme

cool dance moves posted:

i wonder how the first round of doxxed charlottesville nazis are doing

wellll....

https://twitter.com/Independent/status/1047999770558681089

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

quote:

LSE said in statement that it did not comment on individual students or on complaints relating to students.

“Nevertheless, we take any complaints that are received very seriously and have robust procedures in place to ensure that all issues of concern raised are dealt with promptly and fairly,” it added. “LSE is committed to equity, diversity and inclusion for all members of the school community.

“Students and staff are free to hold and express their own views, however, we expect everyone within the LSE community to treat each other with respect at all times. Graduate selections are made on the basis of the strength of an individual’s application, with an experienced selector assessing each application, including personal statement and references, alongside agreed criteria set by the department.”

lmaoo i wanna read his personal statement. article also implies he had already been outed as a nazi when LSE accepted his application.

Captain_Maclaine
Sep 30, 2001

Every moment that I'm alive, I pray for death!

cool dance moves posted:

lmaoo i wanna read his personal statement. article also implies he had already been outed as a nazi when LSE accepted his application.

Wouldn't take long, what with being just shy of fifteen words long.

Jerry Manderbilt
May 31, 2012

No matter how much paperwork I process, it never goes away. It only increases.
LSE gonna have the blood of its nonwhite students on its hands v soon

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

Mom and dad footing the bill for try #2 at higher ed after he couldn’t cut it at Nevada?

Seems like a big step up in affordability.

cool dance moves
Aug 27, 2018

wow...you know who else graduated from the london school of economics???

THAT'S RIGHT

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av

No. 1 Apartheid Fan posted:

yea that's been reiterated over and over but it's important that he's such a goofy fat animal; "elitism" to the right is about culture, not money. which is part of why he's impossible to defeat through argument, a thing the worst liberals don't understand, because the natural conclusion of any argument is that he's a repulsive simpleton but to even suggest that just reiterates why they like him.

its weird as gently caress

President Forrest Trump

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

except it is happening

Nanomashoes
Aug 18, 2012

How is Cheong verified. His only job was writing for a place called the Incel Corner, which no longer exists.

SpaceGoku
Jul 19, 2011

cheong used to write for actual websites and then he hitched his wagon to the alt-right after he realized that being a male feminist thirstboy wasn't getting him any play

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

(and can't post for 25 days!)

SpaceGoku posted:

cheong used to write for actual websites and then he hitched his wagon to the alt-right after he realized that being a male feminist thirstboy wasn't getting him any play

He wrote for a pretty major right wing publication as a video games correspondent didn't he? Before he wrote for Breitbart. They pretend he never wrote for them now.

420 Gank Mid
Dec 26, 2008

WARNING: This poster is a huge bitch!

Nanomashoes posted:

How is Cheong verified. His only job was writing for a place called the Incel Corner, which no longer exists.

to be verified you only need followers and to mail a pic of your driver's license to jack

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
i went and addressed a community group that was upset by a patriot front banner. they had a meeting that was open to the public so i went and spent a few minutes giving a brief rundown of the group. like:

+ they are hardcore, white-power neo-nazis.
+ there are about a half dozen in the metropolitan area that have done this dozens of times *points on map*
+ they have anywhere from 15-30 in the state and attacked an occupy ICE camp a few weeks ago
+ they have made, uhh, some other threats (not posting in thread but i gave examples; trust me on this)
+ the upper-tier leadership is under observation by the FBI (points to FOIA'd emails)
+ one of their members parades her children -- who are below the age of 10 -- around her house while dressing them in nazi uniforms and carrying guns, she lives nearby
+ how they operate and what kind of reaction they want

had a lot of :stare: from people in the room but they were very interested in what i told them. they want to pressure their city council into condemning the banner but there's not a whole lot else they can do. patriot front is basically using hit and run tactics to try and scare people.

one liberal activist in the room complained that she called the police about the flyers (another thing they're doing in the area) and the cops didn't do anything. no surprise there.

there was another moment when i tried to explain how these neo-nazis seek to go right up against the line. the banner had an anti-immigrant message but was vague enough that right-wing chuds can go "oh they're just referring to illegal immigrants." when i paraphrased this tactic and this attitude (and local right-wing talk radio has done exactly this when these things have popped up before), i saw one activist hesitate and look uncomfortable, and she almost interrupted me. i think because i used the term "illegal immigrant." she didn't interrupt me but i think that's what made her uncomfortable. i don't know how else to explain it?

it's a pretty minor issue but with these activist groups it's like they'll quibble with someone explaining why the genocidaires are a threat because they're starting to call people "cockroaches" because it's impolitic to use the term cockroach. then while they're quibbling over it, the genocidaires burst into the room with machetes and it's game over. it's a kind of performative liberalism and if nagle is right about anything it's that.

BrutalistMcDonalds has issued a correction as of 23:05 on Oct 9, 2018

Serf
May 5, 2011

SpaceGoku posted:

he read a single criticism in a positive review of the witcher 3 and did a political 180

BENGHAZI 2
Oct 13, 2007

by Cyrano4747

BrutalistMcDonalds posted:

i went and addressed a community group that was upset by a patriot front banner. they had a meeting that was open to the public so i went and spent a few minutes giving a brief rundown of the group. like:

+ there are about a half dozen in the metropolitan area that have done this dozens of times *points on map*
+ they have anywhere from 15-30 in the state and attacked an occupy ICE camp a few weeks ago
+ they have made, uhh, some other threats (not posting in thread but i gave examples; trust me on this)
+ the upper-tier leadership is under observation by the FBI (points to FOIA'd emails)
+ one of their members parades her children -- who are below the age of 10 -- around her house while dressing them in nazi uniforms and carrying guns, she lives nearby

had a lot of :stare: from people in the room but they were very interested in what i told them. they want to pressure their city council into condemning the banner but there's not a whole lot else they can do. patriot front is basically using hit and run tactics to try and scare people.

one liberal activist in the room complained that she called the police about the flyers (another thing they're doing in the area) and the cops didn't do anything. no surprise there.

there was another moment when i tried to explain how these neo-nazis seek to go right up against the line. the banner had an anti-immigrant message but was vague enough that right-wing chuds can go "oh they're just referring to illegal immigrants." when i paraphrased this tactic and this attitude (and local right-wing talk radio has done exactly this when these things have popped up before), i saw one activist hesitate and look uncomfortable, and she almost interrupted me. i think because i used the term "illegal immigrant." she didn't interrupt me but i think that's what made her uncomfortable. i don't know how else to explain it?

it's a pretty minor issue but with these activist groups it's like they'll quibble with someone explaining why the genocidaires are a threat because they're starting to call people "cockroaches" because it's impolitic to use the term cockroach. then while they're quibbling over it, the genocidaires burst into the room with machetes and it's game over. it's a kind of performative liberalism and if nagle is right about anything it's that.

Use undocumented next time instead of illegal, it's a relatively recent reframing but a good one imo

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

people get hung up on procedural formalism wrt language when they’re out of their depth and know it but still want to make a contribution. you gotta just steamroll over then, don’t validate their belief that they must police discourse.

Epic High Five
Jun 5, 2004

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Use undocumented cantaloupe-calved foreign youth next time instead of illegal, it's a relatively recent reframing but a good one imo

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

BENGHAZI 2 posted:

Use undocumented next time instead of illegal, it's a relatively recent reframing but a good one imo
oh i know, and correct as well, as immigration is a civil matter and not a criminal one. i actually don't use the term "illegal immigrant" on my own. just quoting how the right-wing local news talks. like i said it's a minor thing.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

people get hung up on procedural formalism wrt language when they�re out of their depth and know it but still want to make a contribution. you gotta just steamroll over then, don�t validate their belief that they must police discourse.
yeah overall it went really well and these folks should now know a lot more about who they're dealing with

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy
also these are going around as part of a daily stormer flyer campaign:

https://twitter.com/orensegal/status/1049415866570428419
this isn't the first time they've tried something like this. the stormer BCs seem to try and jump on the news of the moment and then go quiet for several months. earlier this year after parkland, stormer BCs were putting up flyers outside sporting goods stores (like academy and dick's) with signs saying the jews want to get ur guns

I AM GRANDO
Aug 20, 2006

It definitely sounds like some the scales fell off some eyes there. Every radical was once a liberal.

EDIT: wrt Brutalist and the community meeting and not the stormer flyers (although hopefully someone who sees that will get a better sense of who the stormer people really are).

I AM GRANDO has issued a correction as of 23:27 on Oct 9, 2018

Azathoth
Apr 3, 2001

oh i know, and correct as well, as immigration is a civil matter and not a criminal one. i actually don't use the term "illegal immigrant" on my own. just quoting how the right-wing local news talks. like i said it's a minor thing.

yeah overall it went really well and these folks should now know a lot more about who they're dealing with

First and foremost, good on you for going out and doing that. Folks like you with knowledge going out and sharing is absolutely essential to fighting this poo poo.

Second, on language specifically, the right understands at a very deep level how to use language to influence debate, and the left has a real problem with falling into the trap of engaging with the right while using their terms and within their framing.

By fits and starts, the left is getting better, but it goes back a long ways, even before Obamacare vs. the Affordable Care Act, I remember some Democrat talking head saying Dems lost the debate on drilling in the Alaskan National Wildlife Refuge when the GOP got everyone to call it "ANWAR".

We're getting better, in particular the framing of marriage equality not as "gay marriage" and undocumented immigrants not as "illegal immigrants".

It's important to not get hung up calling out an obvious ally for something minor, but it's more important to not kneecap ourselves by fighting using conservative terms and framing.

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

SpaceGoku posted:

none of these guys date, right? Could you imagine trying to be in a relationship with Ian, Prison Paul, Roosh, or, gently caress, Chernovich? The only one who was married was that one guy who got outed for using Bumble. Is Stephen Mollyandyoux married?

lol shitlibs are useless. tear it down and keep moving.

BrutalistMcDonalds
Oct 4, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

TenementFunster posted:

they left one flyer up as "evidence"

yeah...

A Gnarlacious Bro
Apr 25, 2007

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Ian realized that blue haired libtards would never accept the Barbie harem in the witcher 3 and stopped beilving in global warming

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug

TenementFunster posted:

none of these guys date, right? Could you imagine trying to be in a relationship with Ian, Prison Paul, Roosh, or, gently caress, Chernovich? The only one who was married was that one guy who got outed for using Bumble. Is Stephen Mollyandyoux married?

weird mike is married. his wife is in on his grift.

Radio Spiricom
Aug 17, 2009

TenementFunster posted:

molyneux is married and his wife is just as insane as he is

Ague Proof
Jun 5, 2014

they told me
I was everything
prison paul is gay

or gay with his brother to troll the libs? i can't remember

Sax Solo
Feb 18, 2011

Pornographic Memory posted:

Sycophantic greaseballs who'd give them the jurisprudence they want are probably a dime a dozen and they could have discarded him and found a cleaner one if they actually gave a poo poo, but, it turns out, beating the libs at all costs is an end unto itself

Republican mentality is sports fan mentality, and every sports fan knows that the only thing better than a clean win against a rival is a dirty one. Ridiculous luck, horrible refs, whatever. The more morally wronged the other side feels as they eat the loss, the better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TenementFunster
Feb 20, 2003

The Cooler King

uber_stoat posted:

weird mike is married. his wife is in on his grift.
oh, i heard he just had an ex-wife who worked in biglaw and was living off alimony. i can't find her name, but would love to know her story.

also is looked him up on wikipedia and apparently he's big on UBI, single-payer health care, and, uh, white genocide. literal national socialism. nice

TenementFunster has issued a correction as of 01:07 on Oct 10, 2018