Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Captain Splendid
Jan 7, 2009

Qu'en pense Caffarelli?
My monitor turned on me :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The_White_Crane
May 10, 2008
My monitor turned me on. :fap:

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
I'm monitoring terns.

immortalyawn
May 28, 2013

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
MASH was based on an excellent book about the Potato Famine, but like everything the Americanos got their hands on it , hosed it up and made it about the Korean War for some unknown reason (Happy Days tie-in)

immortalyawn has a new favorite as of 11:51 on Oct 16, 2019

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.

I ran (jogged (walked)) my first 5k and that's how I felt walking around the office the next day.

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

It's me after leg day at the gym.

Front squats, weighted lunges, wall balls AND assault bike? How about gently caress you?

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Beachcomber posted:

I'm monitoring terns.

I’m interning with monitors.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Platystemon posted:

do monitors have super disease spit like komodos?

MrUnderbridge
Jun 25, 2011

That must have been a while ago. Since then Dominic Laddermatch has become quite the famous actor.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

RFC2324 posted:

do monitors have super disease spit like komodos?

They are truly venomous, as are iguanas, chameleons, and some other lizards.

The current thinking is that this group of lizards, dubbed toxicofera. has a common ancestor they share with all snakes and with no other lizards.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

KozmoNaut posted:

It's me after leg day at the gym.

Front squats, weighted lunges, wall balls AND assault bike? How about gently caress you?
You're the one who voluntarily got on something called an "assault bike."

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Platystemon posted:

The current thinking is that this group of lizards, dubbed toxicofera. has a common ancestor they share with all snakes and with no other lizards.

my own post prompted me to look it up, and the whole "komodos have disease venom" is completely insane, apparently. never would have expected it from iguanas or chameleons tho!

AFewBricksShy
Jun 19, 2003

of a full load.

FactsAreUseless posted:

?

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Platystemon posted:

I learned that from browsing wiki :kiddo:

I also learned phylogeny pages are where the nerdiest arguments happen on wiki

"HOW CAN IT BE A REPTILIOMORPH IF IT'S A STEM TETRAPOD YOU loving MORON???"

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
Wiki arguments are the best, the most famous one has to be the lion vs tiger fanboys one.

Nenonen
Oct 22, 2009

Mulla on aina kolkyt donaa taskussa

Captain Splendid posted:

Turn your monitor on Confeds!

USS MONITOR by Donn Thorson, on Flickr

KozmoNaut
Apr 23, 2008

Happiness is a warm
Turbo Plasma Rifle

FactsAreUseless posted:

Or airbike, whatever. That's what they're called.

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

Nalesh posted:

Wiki arguments are the best, the most famous one has to be the lion vs tiger fanboys one.

explain more please

Nalesh
Jun 9, 2010

What did the grandma say to the frog?

Something racist, probably.
In a nutshell, someone made a throwaway line on the tiger wiki page that they were the strongest cat, and that pissed off the lion page editors, causing an argument back and forth between the two pages on which is the stronger cat, I think it ended because the wiki admins got tired of it and removed the line from both pages.

Pissed Ape Sexist
Apr 19, 2008

Platystemon posted:

:frogbon: Monitors super-duper rule and I hope you had a rad day regardless of which of the cute moninterns you are :frogbon:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Nalesh posted:

In a nutshell, someone made a throwaway line on the tiger wiki page that they were the strongest cat, and that pissed off the lion page editors, causing an argument back and forth between the two pages on which is the stronger cat, I think it ended because the wiki admins got tired of it and removed the line from both pages.

Haha, there's a wikipedia article dedicated to this debate.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_versus_lion

OutOfPrint
Apr 9, 2009

Fun Shoe

Captain Splendid posted:

The_White_Crane posted:

My monitor turned me on. :fap:

My monitor will be gone,
In a day or two

ulex minor
Apr 30, 2018

Paladinus posted:

Haha, there's a wikipedia article dedicated to this debate.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tiger_versus_lion

this has improved my day 1000% thank you

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Nalesh posted:

My personal favorite is the talk page for Human Anus, where you can watch a years-long argument play out about what, if any, photo to use at the top of the article.

quote:

Feel free to photograph a waxed male anus and unwaxed female anus and contribute the images. I'm not convinced that more pictures of anuses are needed. We already have a waxed anus and an unwaxed anus, and I think that provides a complete idea of what anuses look like. --Afed 02:24, 25 February 2007 (UTC)

I love the internet.

DandyLion
Jun 24, 2010
disrespectul Deciever

Kenning posted:

My personal favorite is the talk page for Human Anus, where you can watch a years-long argument play out about what, if any, photo to use at the top of the article.

I love the internet.

Yeah but had nobody considering the topographic affects waxing has on the anus? Its not like a waxed anus is a natural anus.

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

DandyLion posted:

Yeah but had nobody considering the topographic affects waxing has on the anus? Its not like a waxed anus is a natural anus.

Much like a hair in your denny's grand slam, no one wants a hair in an anus (that they're eating).

Dr. Fraiser Chain
May 18, 2004

Redlining my shit posting machine

LifeSunDeath posted:

Much like a hair in your denny's grand slam, no one wants a hair in an anus (that they're eating).

That's where all the flavor is though ???

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

Nenonen posted:

Turn your monitor on Confeds!

USS MONITOR by Donn Thorson, on Flickr

Monitor ships were funny.

It's just a floating turret.

madeintaipei
Jul 13, 2012

Double Bill posted:

Monitor ships were funny.

It's just a floating turret.

Floating coastal artillery. Imperial Russia made a round one. Phone posting, but the first pic on that wiki page is just a model and it's hilarious looking.

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy

Goodpancakes posted:

That's where all the flavor is though ???

depends on how well you wipe

Chris Pistols
Oct 20, 2008

Piss Crystals

MrUnderbridge posted:

That must have been a while ago. Since then Dominic Laddermatch has become quite the famous actor.

I normally hate this joke as much as I hate M. Night Shyam-a-lam-a-ding-dong, but god bless you for making it this time.

Here are some pictures I like:

Caufman
May 7, 2007
Have you noticed how you're on your monitor when you turn it off? Makes me think.

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

Nalesh posted:

Turn this loving article back to corn or else.184.4.120.30 (talk) 21:42, 16 May 2011 (UTC)

(the corn article had been moved to maize)

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?

DandyLion posted:

Yeah, but they also have an un-waxed anus. I think the purpose of the pictures in the article is to prepare people for whatever type of anus they might encounter (and eat), and they've got the two most common scenarios (waxed and un-waxed) (un-)covered.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Pissed Ape Sexist posted:

:frogbon: Monitors super-duper rule and I hope you had a rad day regardless of which of the cute moninterns you are :frogbon:

I’m neither of them.

I googled an image to go with the wordplay.

It is Wednesday, my dudes.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The Elon Musk Story

mrpwase
Apr 21, 2010

I HAVE GREAT AVATAR IDEAS
For the Many, Not the Few

Platystemon posted:

Et eth Wethday, mah dudthes.

Kenning
Jan 11, 2009

I really want to post goatse. Instead I only have these🍄.

Lady Disdain posted:

Yeah, but they also have an un-waxed anus. I think the purpose of the pictures in the article is to prepare people for whatever type of anus they might encounter (and eat), and they've got the two most common scenarios (waxed and un-waxed) (un-)covered.

But the waxed anus is female, and the unwaxed anus is male, which gives the incorrect impression that male anuses are hairy and female anuses are not, when in fact anuses of either sex can vary in how hairy they are, and all can also theoretically be waxed. This is why I propose that literally everyone post their anus on the Wikipedia page so that we can get an appropriate variety of anus shapes and levels of hairiness.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

I can think of only one anus that belongs on Wikipedia

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.