Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Funky Bottoms is a land man

Mahoning posted:

Urban artifact here in Ohio announced the same thing. But maybe there’s was just statewide.

yeah, that ain't legal unless they did HELLA paperwork in the last few days, which i'm kind of doubting. within the state is fine, though.

got poo poo boxed up for my winners, although only one was ready when UPS came by. if i'm able to keep working through this... thing... i'll hook the other few people up, too, but i can only pay for so much shipping right now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

Maryland suspended all their alcohol laws. All my locals are doing online ordering for beer and alcohol to go. Some of them are even doing delivery. And a bunch of bars are doing premixed bottled cocktails. It’s a wild time.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

Sirotan posted:

Link plz

https://www.facebook.com/AngryChairBrewing/photos/a.484769218229688/2946863458686906/?type=3&theater

Spuckuk
Aug 11, 2009

Being a bastard works

atothesquiz posted:

Social Distancing: Night 1

What have you goons been drinking to keep yourselves occupied?

Honestly?

Negronis

ChiTownEddie
Mar 26, 2010

Awesome beer, no pants.
Join the Legion.

Spuckuk posted:

Honestly?

Negronis

This is a great great call.

Zam
Oct 27, 2006

The CA breweries have jumped into shipping quickly. Ended up ordering a mixed case from Cellarmaker and some cans from Humble Sea, and Russian River just announced they'll ship as well so I grabbed a mix 12 with Pliny and Blind Pig.

I really hope the shipping and local pickup options are enough to keep breweries running through this all.

Mahoning
Feb 3, 2007
If any CA residents want to order me some Pliny and Blind Pig I’ll send you some good Ohio beer. Nowhere in Particular, Masthead, North High.

Or I have lots of 5 year old barleywines I posted in the beer exchange thread.

ShortyMR.CAT
Sep 25, 2008

:blastu::dogcited:
Lipstick Apathy
California is on the shut down so now i cant get my beer anyway!! Boo!

Henrik Zetterberg
Dec 7, 2007

Zam posted:

The CA breweries have jumped into shipping quickly. Ended up ordering a mixed case from Cellarmaker and some cans from Humble Sea, and Russian River just announced they'll ship as well so I grabbed a mix 12 with Pliny and Blind Pig.

I really hope the shipping and local pickup options are enough to keep breweries running through this all.

Yeah I’m in the sac area and a ton have started shipping, or same-day delivery locally. It rules. Plus taprooms are trying to offload 5 gal kegs. I just picked up Interpreter hazy DIPA keg by Ruse in Portland and it is awesome.

They’ve got no limits on any Russian River, but I’m not really into those. The Sac area has so many breweries that make WC IPAs that are just as good as those and aren’t subject to ”limited” supply.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN
I'm kinda tempted to try to get some angry chair togo stuff this weekend

Hauki
May 11, 2010

Spuckuk posted:

Honestly?

Negronis

my man

funkybottoms posted:

yeah, that ain't legal unless they did HELLA paperwork in the last few days, which i'm kind of doubting. within the state is fine, though.

got poo poo boxed up for my winners, although only one was ready when UPS came by. if i'm able to keep working through this... thing... i'll hook the other few people up, too, but i can only pay for so much shipping right now.

if it'll help spread the wealth, I'm still in a place where I can throw a few $ to help with shipping

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Hauki posted:

if it'll help spread the wealth, I'm still in a place where I can throw a few $ to help with shipping

nah, it's all good, just decided it would be wise to use that money on an extra forty pound bag of dog food in case poo poo really goes sideways here. our governor has decided not to enact additional restrictions for the time being and the owner of the brewery is shooting for all of us to get at least thirty hours next week, so my anxiety has abated just a little bit...

also, Aslin is taking online orders and delivering them "inside the Richmond beltway" tomorrow. first, what the gently caress is the "Richmond beltway"? nobody says that. second, gently caress off, carpetbaggers; we've got enough breweries scrambling to keep people without your bullshit.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

...and first thing i learn at work today- before i even get inside- is that we've let go of the majority of the staff (sales, front of house, and one production person), are taking slight pay cuts, and will just plug away for as long as possible.

good thing i pulled from my tiny lorazepam stash this morning.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

funkybottoms posted:

...and first thing i learn at work today- before i even get inside- is that we've let go of the majority of the staff (sales, front of house, and one production person), are taking slight pay cuts, and will just plug away for as long as possible.

Sorry, dude. This poo poo is so hosed.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

funkybottoms posted:

I'm sorry. :( Is there anything folks can do to support you guys? Other than "buy beer" which we're already on.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

Quorum posted:

I'm sorry. :( Is there anything folks can do to support you guys? Other than "buy beer" which we're already on.

much appreciated, but, no, justifying our existence everything we need. we can limp along with a skeleton crew at our current rate until mid-May, but that's due in large part to a bunch of my friends losing their jobs today.

lucky me; i get to see all but the last two executions.

Josh Wow
Feb 28, 2005

We need more beer up here!
Yea shits hosed for most breweries in Asheville. A lot of them are doing to go sales but it's a fraction of the sales they'd normally do. I'm lucky to work at a brewery that owns our building and most of our sales are in grocery stores which are doing gangbusters right now. We've slowed down production but they're keeping the taproom staff on and having them work on various projects around the brewery for now.

the yellow dart
Jul 19, 2004

King of rings, armlocks, hugs, and our hearts

funkybottoms posted:

much appreciated, but, no, justifying our existence everything we need. we can limp along with a skeleton crew at our current rate until mid-May, but that's due in large part to a bunch of my friends losing their jobs today.

loving terrible. Sorry to hear all that.

Spanish Manlove
Aug 31, 2008

HAILGAYSATAN

funkybottoms posted:

poo poo dude. I hope everything will be alright for you guys.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

thanks, guys. i know i'm in a better place than a lot of folks, but i've been with this brewery since it was a Sabco in a garage with a half-assed outline of a business plan, so this is some heartbreaking poo poo to witness.

Josh Wow posted:

Yea shits hosed for most breweries in Asheville. A lot of them are doing to go sales but it's a fraction of the sales they'd normally do. I'm lucky to work at a brewery that owns our building and most of our sales are in grocery stores which are doing gangbusters right now. We've slowed down production but they're keeping the taproom staff on and having them work on various projects around the brewery for now.

just coming out of the slow time and this hitting right when spring seasonals are coming out and the weather is getting nice is a fantastic double-whammy. we're lucky in that we sell a lot of package through grocery and convenience stores, but the curbside/delivery stuff is gonna be spread pretty thin between the taproom manager and one or two servers.

i'd ask for some Black Watch, but lord knows we already have way too much dark stuff that's going to be even more difficult to sell whenever people are allowed to gather again.

Compusaurus
May 29, 2003
OK, I WILL, IN A MINUTE...
https://twitter.com/hopnotes/status/1241024710646927360?s=21

For the Illinois folks.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi

They're cancelling Craft Beer Week? WHERE WILL I GET *checks "events"* $1 OFF DRAFTS ON A RANDOM WEDNESDAY AT SOME lovely LOCAL BAR!?

I don't live close enough to a place that will do deliveries so I guess I'm just gonna have to drink what I have and then dip into this lambic stash...

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Texas is petitioning for delivery and shipping :cheerdoge:

Stay safe yall

https://twitter.com/MikeJudge/status/1241070374541881344

Mr. Clark2
Sep 17, 2003

Rocco sez: Oh man, what a bummer. Woof.

Local pub is now offering 2 for 1 on all entrees and offering bottled beer to go. Free roll of TP with purchases over $50 too :\

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice
We (edit: Union Craft Brewing in Baltimore) have been coming up with ideas to support the team through all this and we've started selling beer bonds with 100% of the proceeds going directly to the taproom staff. If you buy some and PM me I'll give you a super exclusive tour and let you touch a barrel and/or give you samples of warm fermenting beer straight from the tank or whatever. Put something like "bring back Sour Deezus" in the comments at check out because I really want to brew that again.

Instagram post about it here: https://www.instagram.com/p/B9920dKJq8f/

internet celebrity fucked around with this message at 22:47 on Mar 20, 2020

deedee megadoodoo
Sep 28, 2000
Two roads diverged in a wood, and I, I took the one to Flavortown, and that has made all the difference.

internet celebrity posted:

We've been coming up with ideas to support the team through all this and we've started selling beer bonds with 100% of the proceeds going directly to the taproom staff. If you buy some and PM me I'll give you a super exclusive tour and let you touch a barrel and/or give you samples of warm fermenting beer straight from the tank or whatever. Put something like "bring back Sour Deezus" in the comments at check out because I really want to brew that again.

This is a good idea. Purchased 6. Future me will be happy to have those beers.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

We (edit: Union Craft Brewing in Baltimore) have been coming up with ideas to support the team through all this and we've started selling beer bonds with 100% of the proceeds going directly to the taproom staff. If you buy some and PM me I'll give you a super exclusive tour and let you touch a barrel and/or give you samples of warm fermenting beer straight from the tank or whatever. Put something like "bring back Sour Deezus" in the comments at check out because I really want to brew that again.

sell those dope double-wide rolling papers

RembrandtQEinstein
Jul 1, 2009

A GOD, A MESSIAH, AN ARCHANGEL, A KING, A PRINCE, AND AN ALL TERRAIN VEHICLE.

funkybottoms posted:

That blows. I'm really hoping that things "settle" down enough where businesses are able to get back on track by then.

This is a cool and good idea. I'm gonna mention it to some of my friends who work in the Twin Cities scene. One of the breweries that is more set to weather the storm is brewing a beer that will have 100% of the sales going towards keeping breweries from going under and has set up a gofund me that is going to be spread to whoever needs it.

air-
Sep 24, 2007

Who will win the greatest battle of them all?

Picked up a bunch of cans + crowlers from Live Oak and St. Elmo today and online ordering really should be the norm.

Also planning to rip through my cellar, starting with this 2017 Fen Tao:

thotsky
Jun 7, 2005

hot to trot
Interesting if this is what pops the craft beer bubble. I figured it would be tropical hop fatigue, natural wine and hard seltzer, not the plague.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

we've actually sold so much beer in the past few days that if this pace keeps up we will run out of crowlers soon (i pulled an eleven hour shift yesterday- swapping out kegs, filling crowlers, organizing online orders, etc, while i was brewing- and finished by making deliveries on my way home). it's been roughly equivalent to our normal on-site sales, but i doubt we'll get close to our normal weekend numbers. if demand keeps up, we might be transferring kegs back into the brite tanks in order to bottle or can them. this isn't sustainable in the long run- draft is a huge part of our business- but it's a lifeline i'm happy to cling to.

Nth Doctor
Sep 7, 2010

Darkrai used Dream Eater!
It's super effective!

funkybottoms posted:

we've actually sold so much beer in the past few days that if this pace keeps up we will run out of crowlers soon (i pulled an eleven hour shift yesterday- swapping out kegs, filling crowlers, organizing online orders, etc, while i was brewing- and finished by making deliveries on my way home). it's been roughly equivalent to our normal on-site sales, but i doubt we'll get close to our normal weekend numbers. if demand keeps up, we might be transferring kegs back into the brite tanks in order to bottle or can them. this isn't sustainable in the long run- draft is a huge part of our business- but it's a lifeline i'm happy to cling to.

Wow! I'm glad you guys are doing such brisk business!

internet celebrity
Jun 23, 2006

College Slice

deedee megadoodoo posted:

This is a good idea. Purchased 6. Future me will be happy to have those beers.

Super appreciated, thank you. Give me a shout when we reopen and I'll hook you up with a growler fill or something.

funkybottoms posted:

sell those dope double-wide rolling papers

got u fam.

Quorum
Sep 24, 2014

REMIND ME AGAIN HOW THE LITTLE HORSE-SHAPED ONES MOVE?

funkybottoms posted:

:comfyoot: That's great to hear! I've got a couple of those crowlers in my fridge and I'm particularly looking forward to the Honest Admiration, which makes a good quarantine beer imo.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

^ thanks again for the support!

nice! actually still have the ones y'all were giving out at the TCB's first Covenant festival, because there's no way i'd survive using them all with the 20% stuff that's around these days (shout-out to Lake of Fire for helping me keep my poo poo together)

Nth Doctor posted:

Wow! I'm glad you guys are doing such brisk business!

thanks. i handle all the shipping and web orders, so i'm also seeing the online beer order emails and we've gotten (21) so far this morning for both pickup and delivery. we're not even open yet, so there will be a lot more, not to mention just regular walk-ins from our densely-populated neighborhood. we'll make a couple thousand, which is great, but it's very much a "for now" situation; even if we get a ton of crowlers and people continue to come in, there's no replacing kegs going out to distro, and when money eventually gets tight, cheap-rear end macro lagers are going to be really, really appealing.

sorry to make the thread all about me, just figured that a group of craft beer lovers would be interested to know how this is playing out from the production side.

funkybottoms fucked around with this message at 17:08 on Mar 21, 2020

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Please keep us updated, this is super interesting and I'm rooting for you guys. Its honestly illuminating to know that this exact same scenario is playing out a million times across the country too.

danbanana
Jun 7, 2008

OG Bell's fanboi
Thanks to funkybottoms, I got to try some Veil hype. Cognac Circle of Wolves is a respectable barleywine. Like pretty much all Cognac BW's it leans sweet and the backend it more dark fruit than brown sugar/molasses. Good beer, but I'm more interested in the bourbon version, which Mr. Bottoms also sent.

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

the bourbon version is better. unfortunately, everyone else felt the same and i was only able to get a couple.

speaking of the Veil, on Friday i talked to one of the guys from Reverie, their distribution company, and he's definitely concerned about the fact that they only have a few accounts that are moving product right now- if we go into non-essential lockdown, there's only one grocery store they deliver to, and it's not big. i would assume Veil has the cash to ride this out longer than most breweries in town, but they recently opened a Norfolk location and are mid-construction of the new Richmond location, soooo... i dunno.

looking at our online orders is interesting because we are selling so many Honey Ginger crowlers, which is one of our most popular beers on draft, but it absolutely dies on shelves/our cooler when we bottle it. when it rains it pours and all that. oh, and somehow during all of this someone placed an online order for one glass. that's it. postage will cost more than the merchandise.

also, we furloughed two of the production staff, so i'm now the longest-serving employee, which is an honor i achieved a few decades earlier than i'd hoped for. might also have brewed our last batch of beer, too, but obviously i'm trying not to dwell on that.

graybook
Oct 10, 2011

pinya~
I would like to say that I got around to trying y'all's saison and I really quite liked it, if that can be at least a little positive for you.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

funkybottoms
Oct 28, 2010

graybook posted:

I would like to say that I got around to trying y'all's saison and I really quite liked it, if that can be at least a little positive for you.

yay! stylistically, it's more down-the-middle than i prefer, but it's a good fridge beer and works great with food. we trialed different yeast strains a few years ago and everyone wanted to change to a drier French yeast, but the owner was the only one who didn't like it, so it stayed the same (the Dupont strain).

best online order just came through: four baltic porter crowlers and one juice box. delivery.