Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

40 lbs to freedom posted:

idk wtf danny is saying during the verses but this kicks rear end

Peggy tweeted a video the other day showing Danny recording and he’s laying down on a bed holding the mic lol. I can’t really make it out either.

This album is the thing I’ve most looked forward to in a long time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

holy poo poo

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.
and just as i'm whining about drill guys going away it took me reading the comments on tscam's plugged in to learn that the maniac shot up an op funeral hitting nothing but women and children. noone died by some miracle but it was so heinous the streets were buzzing about how it was a cartel hit. nope. just tscam. anyway here's a guy rapping like he knows he's looking at 30 minimum. i can understand not wanting to give it views tho. if i'd known i probaly wouldn't have clicked.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Frb1E5QAH6Y

Mr Ice Cream Glove
Apr 22, 2007

https://twitter.com/WORLDSTAR/status/1638372983516327936?s=20

They stomped him hard

Harminoff
Oct 24, 2005

👽
That makes it sound like he got taken in a stretcher. He walked out

https://twitter.com/rapalert1OO/status/1638371754887479297?t=6ikwATKvZg2XN3Z1EhzKRg&s=19

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

lol why he look like dogthe bounty hunter dude aged like 20 years in 2

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Not hard enough

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
This thread is about music and musicians.

Not sure what thos dude is anymore.

Wamsutta
Sep 9, 2001

Harminoff posted:

That makes it sound like he got taken in a stretcher. He walked out

https://twitter.com/rapalert1OO/status/1638371754887479297?t=6ikwATKvZg2XN3Z1EhzKRg&s=19

gently caress that is one sassy preview lmao

hot cocoa on the couch
Dec 8, 2009

Wamsutta posted:

gently caress that is one sassy preview lmao

lmao

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

pause

Bright Bart
Apr 27, 2020

False. There is only one electron and it has never stopped
Who's better T.I. or T.I.P.?

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1FRe2Cen8-o&t=96s

Really enjoying getting into Rio cause there's a lot of great songs out there already.

Ingmar terdman
Jul 24, 2006

the hoes are currently scared on yt. sounds great so far

e: burfict!

Ingmar terdman fucked around with this message at 19:51 on Mar 23, 2023

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
garbage pale kids is unbelievable. following it with fentanyl tester and burfict, man, wow. crazy album

Robert Analog
Feb 16, 2008

shyah
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=catkEQG4Yck

rap thread we've been rocking with freddie gibbs for over a decade now

scaring the hoes is really good so far

e; orange juice jones is so good goddamn, not a bad song so far

Robert Analog fucked around with this message at 05:15 on Mar 24, 2023

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Scaring the hoes is amazing. Peggy went off on the production.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
https://jpegmafia.bandcamp.com/album/scaring-the-hoes up on Bandcamp as a pay what you want to boot

40 lbs to freedom
Apr 13, 2007

Coco13 posted:

https://jpegmafia.bandcamp.com/album/scaring-the-hoes up on Bandcamp as a pay what you want to boot

im 30s in and this is aoty

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005
Burfict! is an instant classic of his. One of his best. I feel like I've heard it before, was it in a film or something? Maybe just teased or leaked awhile ago?

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

yeah Peggy's production is off the fuckin charts on that album, goddamn

Crumbletron
Jul 21, 2006

IT'S YOUR BOY JESUS, MANE
Steppa Pig and Kingdom Hearts Key are my favs so far, sick album

Angryhead
Apr 4, 2009

Don't call my name
Don't call my name
Alejandro

Maaan I wished I liked it but after one listen I'm not really into it.
The production is impressive but just too abrasive and I wish Danny rapped with his more normal-pitched voice on it.
Lean Beef Patty still a banger though and I liked Kingdom Hearts Key too.

Maybe I'll dig it more after more listens.

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Overly abrasive with Danny exclusively using the high voice? Sounds like my kind of thing.

Tetramin
Apr 1, 2006

I'ma buck you up.

Angryhead posted:

Maaan I wished I liked it but after one listen I'm not really into it.
The production is impressive but just too abrasive and I wish Danny rapped with his more normal-pitched voice on it.
Lean Beef Patty still a banger though and I liked Kingdom Hearts Key too.

Maybe I'll dig it more after more listens.

This ain’t an album for the hybrid. Manic high pitched Danny just fits

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008

Henchman of Santa posted:

Overly abrasive with Danny exclusively using the high voice? Sounds like my kind of thing.

Sounds EXACTLY like my kind of thing

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
After first listen it is very solid but it's definitely way more of a Peggy album than a Danny album. The production is good in the beat sense but it's also mixed in a way that doesn't really work with Danny's style. That kind of voice is at its best out in front of whatever crazy instrumental is behind it, but here he's more like another weird sound among many.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

Scaring the Hoes is so goddamn loud to the point of sounding blown out. I was listening on Bandcamp and had to turn my volume way down to listen to it. It's like Peggy had some of these faders turned all the way up in his DAW and just left them like that despite the levels being in the red.

That said, I thought the album was fine. I liked Danny on it as well as some of the production choices, I just wish I could get over how it sounded.

prayer group
May 31, 2011

$#$%^&@@*!!!
No DAW involved man, he did the whole thing on an SP-404 sampler. There's a video on twitter of him capturing a sample by playing something off his phone into headphones, into the sampler. It's lo-fi and messy on purpose. I really like it.

Rageaholic
May 31, 2005

Old Town Road to EGOT

prayer group posted:

No DAW involved man, he did the whole thing on an SP-404 sampler. There's a video on twitter of him capturing a sample by playing something off his phone into headphones, into the sampler. It's lo-fi and messy on purpose. I really like it.
Well that's pretty cool! Doesn't make me want to listen to it again, but that's awesome that he's experimenting with gear.

Polo-Rican
Jul 4, 2004

emptyquote my posts or die
enjoying Scaring The Hoes overall but find myself constantly turning it up so i can hear more bass -> turning it down because the treble hurts

is pepsi ok
Oct 23, 2002

Danny Brown and Peggy are two guys who I think make interesting music that I don't really enjoy listening to and unsurprisingly that's how I feel about this album.

Nightmare Cinema
Apr 4, 2020

no.
Scaring the Hoes sounds loving GREAT aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Henchman of Santa posted:

After first listen it is very solid but it's definitely way more of a Peggy album than a Danny album. The production is good in the beat sense but it's also mixed in a way that doesn't really work with Danny's style. That kind of voice is at its best out in front of whatever crazy instrumental is behind it, but here he's more like another weird sound among many.

yeah that's my main gripe too after another listen. idk the track names yet but like the 2/3 song I think I was like "why the gently caress is Danny's rapping just a background track to this?"

still love the album though

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

Johnny Truant posted:

yeah that's my main gripe too after another listen. idk the track names yet but like the 2/3 song I think I was like "why the gently caress is Danny's rapping just a background track to this?"

still love the album though

Agreeing with all the criticisms so far. I think it's pretty good and has a couple standouts, but it's hitting like 7.5/10 for me after a few listens. I still immediately added Lean Beef Patty and Burfict! to my favorite list. I really enjoyed all of the songs but I expect those two are the only ones that i'll keep around listening to pretty consistently.

Peggy does have some incredible lines though. He's both the black AOC and Marjory Taylor Greene, the Frank Lucas/Blue verse got me good and I felt something nostaglic with the attack my show/Olivia Munn poo poo.

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?

ShowTime posted:

Peggy does have some incredible lines though. He's both the black AOC and Marjory Taylor Greene

I what

ShowTime
Mar 28, 2005

It's Black AOC, no matter what they say they can't KO me

On Shut Yo Bitch rear end Up / Muddy Waters

I'm the Black Marjorie Taylor Greene

On Orange Juice Jones

The other one I forgot about was him saying he's Drippin like Rudy after a lyric about Trump

The REAL Goobusters
Apr 25, 2008
Lots of goons scared itt

DR FRASIER KRANG
Feb 4, 2005

"Are you forgetting that just this afternoon I was punched in the face by a turtle now dead?
AOC doesn't do anything though? Lmao nice bar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE
Nov 5, 2017

ShowTime posted:

It's Black AOC, no matter what they say they can't KO me

On Shut Yo Bitch rear end Up / Muddy Waters

I'm the Black Marjorie Taylor Greene

On Orange Juice Jones

The other one I forgot about was him saying he's Drippin like Rudy after a lyric about Trump

how could you forget

"i'm the black ben carson"

edit: nvm im dumb. you're quoting the new stuff? that line still cracks me up though

SPIRIT HALLOWEEN SALE fucked around with this message at 23:36 on Mar 24, 2023