Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

They're just cornmeal-fried catch-of-the-day banh mi.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Inco
Apr 3, 2009

I have been working out! My modem is broken and my phone eats half the posts I try to make, including all the posts I've tried to make here. I'll try this one more time.
I have no idea what a poboy is (well, I do know that I've looked it up) and I have no idea where to even find one here. We got hella great poutine, shawarma, and pho tho, so I'm p okay.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

I was under direct orders not to die
🐵❌💀

Girls who play outside are called girls hth

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
Do all the star wars nerds realise that Princess Leah is a completely different entity from Carrie Fisher, and that the character Princess Leah can, in accordance with all laws of thermodynamics, be played by a different actor than Carrie Fisher and still be the same character within their stupid universe?

Why all the handwringing about CGI reconstruction and scene cutting and all that poo poo?

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

But how does it taste? Yummy!
Dinosaur Gum

Weatherman posted:

Do all the star wars nerds realise that Princess Leah is a completely different entity from Carrie Fisher, and that the character Princess Leah can, in accordance with all laws of thermodynamics, be played by a different actor than Carrie Fisher and still be the same character within their stupid universe?

Why all the handwringing about CGI reconstruction and scene cutting and all that poo poo?

1) Leia, not Leah

2) I highly doubt they'd recast an iconic character like Leia for the next entry in the numerical episodes. Generally the only major Star Wars recasts are for time jumps, like Ewan McGregor or Alden Ehrenreich

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK
1) Trap sprung

2) Trap sprung. Seriously, the actor is dead. It's OK to find a new one. It won't flip the character's switch to Evil or anything.

vvvvvvvv That thing that just sailed over your head wasn't a tie fighter.

Ambitious Spider
Feb 13, 2012

Lipstick Apathy

Weatherman posted:

They did a crappy job of it with bringing back Peter Cushing in Rogue One.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Weatherman posted:

1) Trap sprung

2) Trap sprung. Seriously, the actor is dead. It's OK to find a new one. It won't flip the character's switch to Evil or anything.

How is misspelling a character's name a "trap"? what?

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

jivjov posted:

How is misspelling a character's name a "trap"? what?

It caused you to reveal yourself as a nerd who knows how to properly spell the name of a main character from a massively popular franchise. You nerd.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

Let's all seriouspost multiple paragraphs about a movie franchise aimed at 9 year olds.

SiKboy
Oct 28, 2007

Oh no!😱

Weatherman posted:

1) Trap sprung

You aren't good at this.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Is that a fat lady? Singing?!?!?! Well I never. It's all over now.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

So I was on Facebook and this trending article popped up: White woman calls police on black family during barbecuing for “trespassing”

I read the article and watched a little bit of this 24 minute long video and at the very end there's a lone comment

JScott62 posted:

Hey Travis, why did you make this about race when I see nothing in the story that indicates anything racial in nature. I see a miserable fat bitch who just wants to be a miserable fat bitch because she was always the kind who "told" on everyone else. I have had this type of thing happen to me way more than once and I'm white. But you made it racial Travis and you along with the rest of your buddies at Salon are all going to hell for the hatred and chaos you create.

Edit: You can click his name and see other comments he's made:

about Russian ads posted:

It's hard, hard, hard to believe that people could be so simply swayed by ads on Facebook. Every day I'm bombarded by cute cat pictures, various religious articles, anti and pro Trump information and cannot say i ever pay any attention to it. If you people really think you lost because of a bunch of godless heathens in a third world country if you took away their military were able to sway the election then you may as well give up.

Their political commentary is to call anyone who disagrees with them a racist.

Two Oregon elementary schools drop out of reading program due to book about trans kid posted:

How about that? People with sense making the right decisions about our children's education for a change.

Len has a new favorite as of 01:22 on May 13, 2018

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

Being bombarded by cute cat photos is the opposite of a problem.

That guy is garbage.

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

I shouted out "Free the exposed 67"
But they stood on my hair and told me I was fat

Grimey Drawer

Weatherman posted:

Idris Elba is suggested for every other iconic role. Why not Princess Leia.

Krispy Wafer has a new favorite as of 02:03 on May 13, 2018

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Krispy Wafer posted:

If you could harness the rage even an April Fools announcement would create you could power the Earth for a long rear end time.

But I would still watch it.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Recasting only works with relatively minor characters or unknown actors. Leia is a huge character that’s been played by the same actor since 1977 by a beloved actress who died relatively early. A recast would be viewed as kinda terrible.

Puppy Time
Mar 1, 2005

Picnic Princess posted:

Is that a fat lady? Singing?!?!?! Well I never. It's all over now.

:golfclap:

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

chitoryu12 posted:

Recasting only works with relatively minor characters or unknown actors. Leia is a huge character that’s been played by the same actor since 1977 by a beloved actress who died relatively early. A recast would be viewed as kinda terrible.

Hello maybe you’ve heard of another huge Star Wars character with a new movie coming out with a recasted actor named han solo

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Picnic Princess posted:

Girls who play outside are called girls hth

But they can't be scouts!!!!

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer
I still remember the horror when they finally announced new Star Wars films that wouldn’t include Han, Luke, and Leia.

PREQUELS!?!?! Who the gently caress wants prequels!!!1

Turned out. No one. Fan rage justified.

13Pandora13
Nov 5, 2008

I've got tiiits that swingle dangle dingle

gently caress, just go to the GBS Eurovision thread to look at the massive hand-wringing over an overweight, not conventionally attractive women winning a contest that has nothing to do with physical beauty and has been won by grown men dressed as monsters.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Krispy Wafer posted:

Those movies made a LOT of money

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

chitoryu12 posted:

Only by hardcore nerds who are whining about :cry: MY IMMERSION :cry:

Krispy Wafer
Jul 26, 2002

Grimey Drawer

Unmature posted:

Those movies made a LOT of money

So did all 6 Transformers movies. 12 year olds will watch anything with explosions.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Krispy Wafer posted:

Only if he has the donut hairdo from the first film.

jivjov
Sep 13, 2007

Dinosaur Gum

Krispy Wafer posted:

I still remember the horror when they finally announced new Star Wars films that wouldn’t include Han, Luke, and Leia.

And turns out they lied. Luke and Leia were totally in Revenge of the Sith. :v:

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

oldpainless posted:

Hello maybe you’ve heard of another huge Star Wars character with a new movie coming out with a recasted actor named han solo

More like oldcontextless.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Krispy Wafer posted:

So did all 6 Transformers movies. 12 year olds will watch anything with explosions.

Which means that people want them

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Krispy Wafer posted:

Everyone wanted to see the prequels since Star Wars had its title changed to Episode IV: A New Hope, it just turned out we were wrong. That's why The Last Jedi will go down in history as the best Star Wars, because it was something no one was looking for.

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Unmature posted:

Which means that people want them

They were a failure because they were immensely popular with the wrong people.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Absurd Alhazred posted:

They were a failure because they were immensely popular with the wrong people.

Who? 12 year olds? 12 year olds can't like your fighty bots and space wizards?

Brother Entropy
Dec 27, 2009

finally, somewhere to talk about star wars on the something awful forums

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Unmature posted:

Who? 12 year olds? 12 year olds can't like your fighty bots and space wizards?

I'm being sarcastic in case that wasn't clear. It's not like the original Star Wars and its sequels were some magnificent high-falutin' work of art.

Unmature
May 9, 2008

Absurd Alhazred posted:

I'm being sarcastic in case that wasn't clear. It's not like the original Star Wars and its sequels were some magnificent high-falutin' work of art.

Ah gotcha. Sorry that wooshed right over me

Absurd Alhazred
Mar 27, 2010

by Athanatos

Unmature posted:

Ah gotcha. Sorry that wooshed right over me

No worries. To be fair there seem to be people who believe something very similar. And on the contrary, people who think the prequels are beyond reproach because they made mad money. :shrug:

SulfurMonoxideCute
Feb 9, 2008

🐵❌💀

I saw the first prequel in theatres the same day as some oil refinery blew up nearby. I just have this memory of a series of massive fireballs with the blackest smoke billowing into the sky being visible from the theatre parking lot as we walked in.

I think it was some kind of omen.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

i 💘💝💞💟💓💕💖💗LOVE❤️💙💚💛💜😍 🌟star🌟 💥war💥!!! 🔫PEW PEW🔫, 🔆light🔆 saver! 🌚dark🌚 vader and luke skyscraper🏙️ and obi 11️⃣ cannoli and 🤖r2b2 and 3pco🤖 and tobbaca🚬. i 💘💝💞💟💓💕💖💗LOVE❤️💙💚💛💜😍 🌟star🌟 trek🖖

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012