Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoTheEvolution
Mar 18, 2009

canine_boy posted:

I've been looking around for the name of this song:
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=132894856758507
(I hope linking like this is ok, I couldn't find it anywhere else.)

I tried running it through the audio recognition software and finding some other source to ask there but no dice...

Please help :)

I think this one might be an original composition for the commercial, since I recall there being a version of the commercial that had Eddie Vedder's "Rise" over the same video. Not sure why they stopped using that commercial; the song you hear on the Spanish version you posted was also used in a later cut of the English commercial.

You can see the "Rise" Version here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tI1heeMb5c

If you're certain that the song on the Spanish version you posted is a song from somewhere else then I'll keep looking, but I think this will at least clear up some confusion.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Unholy Ghost
Feb 19, 2011
This will probably be impossible to answer, as I have no memory of any of the lyrics. The only part of the theme I can remember is a low, singing sound, the tune similar to a song that plays when you are sailing in Dragon Quest 6. The only other thing I could tell was that there was only one singer, who was male. It might have been a song about love.

eating only apples
Dec 12, 2009

Shall we dance?
Was directed here from stupid/small questions!

What is the name of the first piece of music in this short film?

The second is Like a Wind by SENS. Warning: film is sad. Thanks guys.

Tipme
Oct 30, 2009
Hi. I'm a Chelsea fan since 2010. Please murder me with a piece of pipe. thanks.
Trying to remember a song where in the music video, the lead singer is wearing black shirt that says JAPAN on it, and one scene there's just hard winds gushing towards him while he's walking on a sidewalk.

I keep thinking of Trapt, but it's not. The video was around when Headstrong video was out too probably.

Sedes
Jun 7, 2007
There was a song running in the background of an AXN week's series preview. Song is basically pop, with a buzzing beat as in rythmic buzz, buzz, buzz etc.
The lyrics went along the lines of 'Oh oh // look who's here // causing trouble (OR to cause You trouble) // --- --- // look who's back to burst Your bubble'. Unfortunately such vague lyrics search return a sea of matches which apparently aren't the ones (lyrics don't match).

Can't quite get this one out of my head... :v: Can anyone help me with this one?

Sedes fucked around with this message at 10:19 on Aug 28, 2011

Zogo
Jul 29, 2003

Sedes posted:

Can't quite get this one out of my head... :v: Can anyone help me with this one?

This?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTROcBE3dc0

Power Rangers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_RNAoBlUIo

I remember people singing this in Jr. High gym.

7point62
Jan 9, 2010

IVI: Impact Varies Immensely
Anyone know what this song is from American Psycho? It sounds really familiar but I can't place it at all.

A short sample plays here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fzf5304Ph1o&feature=player_detailpage#t=83s

IMDB is no help; it doesn't seem to be listed on the soundtrack, but that's not particularly surprising since it's a deleted scene.

canine_boy
Dec 7, 2005

This dog is not lost.

DoTheEvolution posted:

I think this one might be an original composition for the commercial, since I recall there being a version of the commercial that had Eddie Vedder's "Rise" over the same video. Not sure why they stopped using that commercial; the song you hear on the Spanish version you posted was also used in a later cut of the English commercial.

You can see the "Rise" Version here:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0tI1heeMb5c

If you're certain that the song on the Spanish version you posted is a song from somewhere else then I'll keep looking, but I think this will at least clear up some confusion.

Thanks I was starting to suspect as much. I had never heard the song before, I just liked it enough to want to add it to my playlist really. :)

Sedes
Jun 7, 2007

Zogo posted:

This?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QTROcBE3dc0

Power Rangers
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_RNAoBlUIo

I remember people singing this in Jr. High gym.

Nope, the one I'm searching for is not so old as well. Also, I do know Shampoo, and yes, when I searched for the lyrics i realized a lot of pages will probably point me there :/

Edit: Vocals in the song I'm searching sound -exactly- in this vein (the sound).

Sedes fucked around with this message at 10:21 on Aug 28, 2011

Reive
May 21, 2009

I'm looking for a song I saw as part of a trance megamix on MTV from like 7 years ago, I'm pretty sure it was called 'Breathe', the video was of a woman on a train I think.

Way too many songs title Breathe out there, any ideas?

ThaGhettoJew
Jul 4, 2003

The world is a ghetto

Reive posted:

I'm looking for a song I saw as part of a trance megamix on MTV from like 7 years ago, I'm pretty sure it was called 'Breathe', the video was of a woman on a train I think.

Way too many songs title Breathe out there, any ideas?

Hmm. I have a candidate with the right timeperiod and genre, but not the video. Télépopmusik - Breathe has a couple of seconds of subway in it, but that's as close as it gets. It came out in 2001/2002 and had a remix released in 2003 although I can't find any video for it. I suspect it had some MTV play somehow because wiki says it had a grammy nom in 2004.

Reive
May 21, 2009

ThaGhettoJew posted:

Hmm. I have a candidate with the right timeperiod and genre, but not the video. Télépopmusik - Breathe has a couple of seconds of subway in it, but that's as close as it gets. It came out in 2001/2002 and had a remix released in 2003 although I can't find any video for it. I suspect it had some MTV play somehow because wiki says it had a grammy nom in 2004.

I'm amazed, I threw that number out at random really, it certainly felt that long though, but that is definitely the song!

Definitely not the video I remember, although there were actually two songs with Breathe in the title during that megamix, might have been misassociation, the video was of a passenger train going through a countryside, with the perspective being outside focusing on the woman inside.
Oh well, doesn't matter this is the song I wanted anyway.

global gobby goon
Jun 22, 2007

Lift your skinny fists like antennas to heaven;
lower your eyelids to die with the sun.
At a coffee shop I've heard this amazing cover of The Smiths' There Is A Light That Never Goes Out a couple times... It's very dancey and has a woman singing. I've checked out a bunch of covers but haven't been able to find it. Thanks!

Percipient Badger
Mar 21, 2008
I need help, I can't get this out of my brain! It's a short clip of a song, used fairly commonly as far as I can recall and now i've just heard it on Stephen Frys' 100 Greatest Gadgets. No specific link to it yet as it's not quite finished but its on 4od for any Brits that may be able to help.

The song in question is on gadget #40 and sounds 'electric' kinda eighties style, the only lyric I heard from it was "they called it <somethingsomething> in the eighties". I wish I wasn't making that last part up too, I have no idea if it's at all relevant.

I'll endeavour to edit this and post a link once the show is over.

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Percipient Badger posted:

I need help, I can't get this out of my brain! It's a short clip of a song, used fairly commonly as far as I can recall and now i've just heard it on Stephen Frys' 100 Greatest Gadgets. No specific link to it yet as it's not quite finished but its on 4od for any Brits that may be able to help.

The song in question is on gadget #40 and sounds 'electric' kinda eighties style, the only lyric I heard from it was "they called it <somethingsomething> in the eighties". I wish I wasn't making that last part up too, I have no idea if it's at all relevant.

I'll endeavour to edit this and post a link once the show is over.

Without having seen the show, I'll guess it may have been Calvin Harris - Acceptable in the '80s

Percipient Badger
Mar 21, 2008

Erebus posted:

Without having seen the show, I'll guess it may have been Calvin Harris - Acceptable in the '80s

I will both love you forever and cherish this moment.

Thanks!

Edit: That gadget show thing isnt fantastic by-the-by. It was like one big Apple plug. But I derail digress...

POTATO BLIGHT
Oct 16, 2007
Heard what I think was a Steve Miller Band song at work today and I cant get it out of my head, but I can't seem to figure out its name.

Chorus had in it what I believe was "can't close my eyes----, I still (something something)" and I know I heard a "catch me if you can" in one of the verses.

Please help me get this out of my head

E: Nm, found it, Doctor My Eyes, Jackson Browne. Was driving me insane!

POTATO BLIGHT fucked around with this message at 07:20 on Aug 31, 2011

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano
I'm trying to figure out the tracks used in this mix at 29:30 - 35:45.
http://soundcloud.com/moodfood/moodfood-burn-the-bandwagon-rough-draft

I'm 99% sure the first of them is by Boards of Canada, but I can't place it.

There seem to be four others:
- one long repeating synth bit laid over the top (isolated at 30:22)
- a short guitar sample (32:02 - 32:19)
- two vocal shots (one with a kid, one with a man)

Can anyone offer any suggestions please?

Erebus
Jul 13, 2001

Okay... Keep your head, Steve boy...

Rufo posted:

I'm trying to figure out the tracks used in this mix at 29:30 - 35:45.
http://soundcloud.com/moodfood/moodfood-burn-the-bandwagon-rough-draft

I'm 99% sure the first of them is by Boards of Canada, but I can't place it.

There seem to be four others:
- one long repeating synth bit laid over the top (isolated at 30:22)
- a short guitar sample (32:02 - 32:19)
- two vocal shots (one with a kid, one with a man)

Can anyone offer any suggestions please?

Don't know about the music, but the vocal bits come from an obscure animated movie called The Elm-Chanted Forest. The samples come from this scene.

Rufus Ping
Dec 27, 2006

I'm a Friend of Rodney Nano
That's fantastic, thanks so much! Still trying to find info about the musical ones...

pope archibald
Jun 20, 2006

:420::350:DABS ALL DAY :350::420:
I found a series of booty shaking videos on youtube that all use the same song, "Rocka Boom", but I don't who it's credited to and googling it brings a lot of unrelated results and the same youtube videos.

Here's a link to one of them:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YE3t-Fbl39M

Edit: the video credits it to SB Skullz, but that doesn't lead to much either

pope archibald fucked around with this message at 03:59 on Sep 1, 2011

Rubies
Dec 30, 2005

Live Forever
Die Every Day

:h: :s: :d: :c:
Hey folks, back in the day I used to dig Pavement and I'm trying to figure out the name of a song by them that I was really into. All I remember is that at one point the singer was mimicking the sound that the guitar was making - it was a solo the guitar was doing between choruses. The chorus I've got the melody to but I don't remember what was being said, though I do know that it was basically this: short statement in left channel, Stephen Malkmus repeats it in the right channel so that it sounds like a person repeating another person (though it's the same person both times).

That sounds so stupid typed out, if anyone has any idea let me know. Or if there's anything I can add tell me and I'll put it down. I remember exactly 0% of the lyrics so I can't google it.

SlumPrincess
Jan 1, 2006

Soon....soon I'm gonna make you a star

Rubies posted:

Hey folks, back in the day I used to dig Pavement and I'm trying to figure out the name of a song by them that I was really into. All I remember is that at one point the singer was mimicking the sound that the guitar was making - it was a solo the guitar was doing between choruses. The chorus I've got the melody to but I don't remember what was being said, though I do know that it was basically this: short statement in left channel, Stephen Malkmus repeats it in the right channel so that it sounds like a person repeating another person (though it's the same person both times).

That sounds so stupid typed out, if anyone has any idea let me know. Or if there's anything I can add tell me and I'll put it down. I remember exactly 0% of the lyrics so I can't google it.

Pretty sure you're thinking of In the Mouth A Desert

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

I have been wondering what this song is for a long time.

I remember hearing it on the radio a few times. It is a woman singing with an echo, there are violins, and a synthesizer. The song sounds very depressing. I never caught any of the lyrics, it just sounds like chanting.

The song sounds as if it is from the early 90s, late 80s. It was apparently popular at one point since I only hear it on light rock stations.

YouDummy
Jun 24, 2005

hypo-crit posted:

I have been wondering what this song is for a long time.

I remember hearing it on the radio a few times. It is a woman singing with an echo, there are violins, and a synthesizer. The song sounds very depressing. I never caught any of the lyrics, it just sounds like chanting.

The song sounds as if it is from the early 90s, late 80s. It was apparently popular at one point since I only hear it on light rock stations.

Probably way off on this one, but the first thing I thought of was Orinoco Flow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfVJ11GXzXQ

Ostentatious
Sep 29, 2010

YouDummy posted:

Probably way off on this one, but the first thing I thought of was Orinoco Flow

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfVJ11GXzXQ

Yeah, this isn't it.

This song is really hard to describe because you can't really pinpoint one thing that stands out on it, except the synthesizer. The lyrics are kind of chanted and have an echo effect.

Ostentatious fucked around with this message at 04:54 on Sep 3, 2011

OG KUSH BLUNTS
Jan 4, 2011

Here is a one second sample of the song from a entourage compilation I found:

http://youtu.be/2-BymM7iMKg?t=25s

The chorus goes "oo poo oo oo oo", its driving me crazy

xjohnson
Sep 7, 2006
Johnson?
Young Orc
Anyone got any idea what the song is at the ending credits to this short video?

http://vimeo.com/3167574 - The Baukschow Vampire

This vid was linked in the GBS Youtube thread. I thought the video was so-so. Can identify the song that starts around 9:30

Arrest that ass!
Sep 1, 2006

my deadlift personal record
Can anyone ID the track/artist in this video? (psytrance) http://youtu.be/fJ7BXiG2fHA?hd=1

Ela
Jan 10, 2011

hypo-crit posted:

Yeah, this isn't it.

This song is really hard to describe because you can't really pinpoint one thing that stands out on it, except the synthesizer. The lyrics are kind of chanted and have an echo effect.

Try listening to other Enya stuff, a lot of it is very similar and chanty/echoey.

Blue Canary
Aug 31, 2011

You say that I think it's you, but I don't agree with that.

OG KUSH BLUNTS posted:

Here is a one second sample of the song from a entourage compilation I found:

http://youtu.be/2-BymM7iMKg?t=25s

The chorus goes "oo poo oo oo oo", its driving me crazy

One quick look around later, is it Grown Man Sport by INI?

sintaxi
Oct 11, 2005

Rubies posted:

You might also want to check out "Circa 1762 (Peel Session 1)", since the chorus ("see myself come running back") alternates back & forth as well.

Hank Morgan
Jun 17, 2007

Light Along the Inverse Curve.
This short clip of bad voice acting was linked in the DX:HR thread but what is the name of the backing track to it?

http://www.mediafire.com/?d511v8ws331yr2p

Edit : It's Royksopp So Easy

Hank Morgan fucked around with this message at 22:04 on Sep 4, 2011

stripeymonkey
Dec 31, 2006
I have googled this to death for several years and got nowhere. In the mid 80s an old friend copied me a mix tape he had which in later years I've come to realize was full of a bunch of old disco songs. As an example it had Slice me Nice by Fancy but there's one song that always eluded me now that I want to get them on my ipod (plus I've lost the old tape so I can't soundhound it).

I have been able to get some more information and the song in question is called "Crashing Down" and it seems it was originally sung by The Nolans(!). However the version of the song I'm looking for had a far more aggressive pace to it as well as a real electro backing sound. The vocals were sung in an almost-Bee Gees like falsetto style. I'm pretty sure it wasn't a remix because the sound is so different to the original. However, it might be! edit: it's definitely not the fair use overdub remix that's floating around youtube. The lectro element is way more punchy than that

The only cover version I've been able to find was by the Saturdays in 2008 but my version must be pre-1989 at the latest. Here's the lyrics if it's any help:

Yeah, I talked it out with friend of mine
Looks like I'm gonna lose your love this time
She said I've cheated on you for too long
And don't I realise I ain't that strong

But now the nights are so cold and lonely
Lost without all your love

I come crashing down, down, down
Crashing down, down, down
Like a storm to the ground

Now your love ain't around.

Woah, I ain't a child, no tears to hide
All my emotions hidden deep inside
With you I really thought I had it all
One day you're high and then you take a fall

But now the nights are so cold and lonely
Lost without all your love

Mmmm, yeah, yeah,
Woah, oh wanting you, loving you, needing you, losing my baby
Cheated you, lied to you, ooohhh now I'm crashing down

Bouquets to whoever can help...

stripeymonkey fucked around with this message at 10:50 on Sep 5, 2011

Ela
Jan 10, 2011

stripeymonkey posted:

I have googled this to death for several years and got nowhere. In the mid 80s an old friend copied me a mix tape he had which in later years I've come to realize was full of a bunch of old disco songs. As an example it had Slice me Nice by Fancy but there's one song that always eluded me now that I want to get them on my ipod (plus I've lost the old tape so I can't soundhound it).

Bouquets to whoever can help...

So after searching high and low I found this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WaC35ksAjo

Got lead to it by Discogs, it was on a compilation around the mid 80's.

Please say this is the one! =)

stripeymonkey
Dec 31, 2006

Ela posted:

So after searching high and low I found this -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0WaC35ksAjo

Got lead to it by Discogs, it was on a compilation around the mid 80's.

Please say this is the one! =)

Ha! This is unbelievable. How did you find it so fast? I did try discogs but I found it a bit cumbersome to search through. Anyway this is it and your post alone made my :10bux: worth it. Good job.

edit: Crashin' Down not Crashing Down. I guess the g made all the difference in the google sweepstakes

stripeymonkey fucked around with this message at 19:11 on Sep 5, 2011

Ela
Jan 10, 2011

stripeymonkey posted:

Ha! This is unbelievable. How did you find it so fast? I did try discogs but I found it a bit cumbersome to search through. Anyway this is it and your post alone made my :10bux: worth it. Good job.

edit: Crashin' Down not Crashing Down. I guess the g made all the difference in the google sweepstakes

Awesome! Umm just followed various links and then ordered Discogs by date and went from there, the tune has been in my head all day now though haha. Glad i could help! =)

Death Dealer
Jul 25, 2006

I'll admit, I haven't actually heard this song in probably a decade so this is a bit of a long shot but I've seen you work miracles before.

The song, I'm pretty sure, is from the 80s as it has a very hard new-wave style to it. I don't remember much of the lyrics except that they're about a car accident and I pretty distinctly remember comments about the leather in the car in the lyrics. The singer sounds a bit like the B-52's main male singer, although at a bit lower pitch than his usual frantic singing. There's also a WHIRR in between lines. So the song would go "blah blah leather seats" then WHIRR, then the next line. I want to say there's a line about the blood pooling as well, but that might just be my brain filling in the inevitable conclusion of the "car wreck".

I've tried looking it up from vague memories, but all I manage to find is a song by Passengers that isn't the same song. I appreciate any effort put forth in finding this for me, as I've looked a few times over the years and can't manage to remember it all the way.

Edit: VVVVV That's not it, but it's certainly an interesting song.

Death Dealer fucked around with this message at 01:02 on Sep 8, 2011

baka kaba
Jul 19, 2003

PLEASE ASK ME, THE SELF-PROFESSED NO #1 PAUL CATTERMOLE FAN IN THE SOMETHING AWFUL S-CLUB 7 MEGATHREAD, TO NAME A SINGLE SONG BY HIS EXCELLENT NU-METAL SIDE PROJECT, SKUA, AND IF I CAN'T PLEASE TELL ME TO
EAT SHIT

Probably not at all but hey, City of Motors by Soul Coughing?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Death Dealer
Jul 25, 2006

After looking up "Hot Leather" and "Car Crash Song", Wikipedia comes through unexpectedly.

The song in question? The Normal - Warm Leatherette. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5QErPDNcj4

I remember my parents listened to this when I was younger, which is the only reason I remember the song at all.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O79EN3z6IpU is semi-related, as I remember having heard this song a lot as well. Bloodrock - D.O.A.

If you ever were feeling especially morbid - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_car_crash_songs

Yes, there's an entry on car crash songs. My first reaction was basically "Holy gently caress I love you Wikipedia."

Anyway, I'm glad I finally solved this mystery that has bugged me for a long time now and thanks for the introduction to Soul Coughing. They're pretty good.