Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Parts Kit
Jun 9, 2006

durr
i have a hole in my head
durr
Or sometimes Shoot!

Nelson Mandela posted:

Shun, Shag, Charming Fishbone End Table.
:lol:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012

Danger-Pumpkin posted:

Directed by
Joshua Caine

Add to that the fact, that on some webpages, Gillian Bonner is named "Gillian Bonner Caine".

Gnome de plume
Sep 5, 2006

Hell.
Fucking.
Yes.
I wonder if Bioware got inspiration from this game when developing their paragon/renegade system.

Also its ending is another example of why you shouldn't have a cliffhanger unless you're dead certain (and not just deluded) you'll get to make a sequel.

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

I'm looking for a flock of urbanmechs.

Gnome de plume posted:

I wonder if Bioware got inspiration from this game when developing their paragon/renegade system.

Also its ending is another example of why you shouldn't have a cliffhanger unless you're dead certain (and not just deluded) you'll get to make a sequel.

And even then if you ask me. I've always considered it rude to do anything more than provide the possibility of sequels at the end of a complete work.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

Gnome de plume posted:

As someone who once was baffled by Shephard interpreting "calming someone down" as punching them in the face, yes definitely.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

hey lowtax you lousy idiot guess what: Video Games

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

Gamb.... I Am Going tO Play Game Like A 10 Yr Old - Low "big tex" Tax

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

You think you can take me at Satan's Hollow? Go 'head on!

Carbon dioxide posted:

Add to that the fact, that on some webpages, Gillian Bonner is named "Gillian Bonner Caine".

"Women don't need men, unless those men can get them into Everlast and Godsmack videos!" -- Gillian Foster Caine

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

King Vidiot posted:

"Women don't need men, unless those men can get them into Everlast and Godsmack videos!" -- Gillian Foster Caine

You know what, I prefer to think Josh Caine just got roped into everything by Gillian. "Joooosh, play all the guys in my game and be executive producer... you can make it my christmas present."

And then Josh is all like "wrong time, wrong wall."

Jubs
Jul 11, 2006

Boy, I think it's about time I tell you the difference between a man and a woman. A woman isn't a woman unless she's pretty. And a man isn't a man unless he's ugly.

Gnome de plume posted:

We're only a Kickstarter away from this happening.

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Jubs posted:

We're only a Kickstarter away from this happening.

Stretch goal: people who pledge $500 or above receive a 12" resin model of the Sineps chief.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

If you make a wrong move with the bad guys, they kill you. Fair enough. If you make a wrong move with the good guys, they also kill you. What? Green dildo aliens need help, and you are the only one that can help them, but if you show the slightest bit of reluctance they'll murder you in a heartbeat and then wait for extinction.

:yoshi: Okay, now kill me with the sacred machete.
:byodame: I can't kill you, we're friends!
:yoshi: That's a shame. Die, bitch.

g0lbez
Dec 25, 2004

and then you'll beg
If you watch the credits somebody was actually cited as doing specifically the blood and gore art for the game. As in somebody attached their name to the mspaint blood/skull graphics they overlayed over the fmvs. Like somebody is probably using that on their resume to this very day

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
Eh, that's making the rather big presumption that the person is still working in the industry/alive today.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

g0lbez posted:

If you watch the credits somebody was actually cited as doing specifically the blood and gore art for the game. As in somebody attached their name to the mspaint blood/skull graphics they overlayed over the fmvs. Like somebody is probably using that on their resume to this very day

I haven't checked, but isn't that specific person also the one who played Javelin?

slowbeef
Mar 15, 2005

Will Harvey hates you, and everything you stand for.
Pillbug

davidspackage posted:

I haven't checked, but isn't that specific person also the one who played Javelin?

That's correct: the actress who played Javalynn/Javelin (her name is inconsistent on the website, apparently) also did all the gore.

Sombrerotron
Aug 1, 2004

Release my children! My hat is truly great and mighty.

"A GORE! FOR YOU!" - Heather "Javelin" Lawler

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Also I guess by process of elimination, Bridgette Walther must be the voice of all of the weird British animal door knockers. I'm sure that's something she's immensely proud of to this day.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

slowbeef posted:

That's correct: the actress who played Javalynn/Javelin (her name is inconsistent on the website, apparently) also did all the gore.

I have no idea what the gently caress anymore. Maybe they just really liked gore, and didn't intend any sexual connotations to it? Maybe Riana Rouge is daring us to believe in a world where a woman can die a violent brutal death without it coming off as a sex thing? Or, gently caress, maybe it totally is a sex thing, and this is what their kinky fantasies look like, brought to life for the price of a Chevy Lumina.

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

If one of them was murdered this would be a circa-2004 episode of CSI come to life

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

DStecks posted:

I have no idea what the gently caress anymore. Maybe they just really liked gore, and didn't intend any sexual connotations to it? Maybe Riana Rouge is daring us to believe in a world where a woman can die a violent brutal death without it coming off as a sex thing? Or, gently caress, maybe it totally is a sex thing, and this is what their kinky fantasies look like, brought to life for the price of a Chevy Lumina.

Men aren't the only ones who can have creepy fetishes.

VVVV Right, so I told you which one I agreed with.

Bobbin Threadbare fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Dec 16, 2014

DStecks
Feb 6, 2012

Bobbin Threadbare posted:

Men aren't the only ones who can have creepy fetishes.

:ssh: that was the third option I listed

hillo
Dec 19, 2012

by zen death robot

Neurion posted:

Stretch goal: people who pledge $500 or above receive a 12" resin model of the Sineps chief.

I'd prefer to it be made out of dried sinep

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
Lowtax teams up with slowbeef once again for another FMV video game. This time the game features Cristopher Walken!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpemefHs0Bs

Lowtax
Nov 16, 1999

by Skyl3lazer

Obscil posted:

Lowtax teams up with slowbeef once again for another FMV video game. This time the game features Cristopher Walken!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpemefHs0Bs
I loved doing this one, it was so much fun.

Buffalo squeeze
Dec 19, 2010

Oh noble brogy. Overflowing with meaty wisdom and secret sauce.
Is everybody in this game? Artie Bucco from The Sopranos? Paul Giamatti?!

Neurion
Jun 3, 2013

The musical fruit
The more you eat
The more you hoot

Holy poo poo so many A-list actors. This is going to be great.

Kojiro
Aug 11, 2003

LET'S GET TO THE TOP!
So there's basically a 0% chance that Walken is not the Ripper, then.

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord

Lowtax posted:

I loved doing this one, it was so much fun.

Ripper is amazingly bad in the best way

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

Kojiro posted:

So there's basically a 0% chance that Walken is not the Ripper, then.

It's around 33%, I think? Ripper is kind of like Clue in that the murderer is randomized for each playthrough. Walken is one of several possibilities.

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

It's around 33%, I think? Ripper is kind of like Clue in that the murderer is randomized for each playthrough. Walken is one of several possibilities.

25% actually, I think

Danger-Pumpkin
Apr 27, 2008

That's the way the bee bumbles.
Seriously? I mean that's probably the best way to do a murder mystery game, but if the thrust of the gameplay is tedious and mindnumbing puzzles, I'm afraid the replay value still doesn't exist. I'm super curious to see more of this game, as soon as possible, because I really want to know how they pulled this off, and also, because Christopher Walken is hilarious, and also, because RIP Ossie Davis. (Because he's dead, and it's sad, but also the game is called RIPPER.)

Danger-Pumpkin fucked around with this message at 05:33 on Dec 17, 2014

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

"From each according to his ability" said Ares. It sounded like a quotation.
Buglord
Actually the answer is much dumber than that, believe me.

Ripper is not a well made game.

SelenicMartian
Sep 14, 2013

Sometimes it's not the bomb that's retarded.

Ripper randomizes the killer and will shower you with enough clues to frame each suspect every time. They couldn't really just throw away those precious FMVs to form alternate paths.

Obscil
Feb 28, 2012

PLEASE LIKE ME!
Part 2 is now out! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8YovDgcsVyA

Featuring cyberspace skulls.

hemale in pain
Jun 5, 2010

I love the people in the youtube comments who are seriously pissed about having to swap to Lowtax's channel.

King Vidiot
Feb 17, 2007

Jesus, she was probably listed in the credits but I forgot so... Karen Allen out of loving nowhere. And then a double-whammy with Paul Giamatti. How the hell did they get all of these legit actors to do this game?

Monkey Fracas
Sep 11, 2010

...but then you get to the end and a gorilla starts throwing barrels at you!
Grimey Drawer
I'm pretty sure modeling a mug in a 3D CAD program would be less tedious than that mug puzzle looked.

SALISBURY

Bobbin Threadbare
Jan 2, 2009

King Vidiot posted:

Jesus, she was probably listed in the credits but I forgot so... Karen Allen out of loving nowhere. And then a double-whammy with Paul Giamatti. How the hell did they get all of these legit actors to do this game?

A) At one time people legitimately thought FMV games would be the next evolution of movies, and B) none of these actors' careers were at high points during the period Ripper was developed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

englerp
Oct 13, 2011

A) At one time people legitimately thought FMV games would be the next evolution of movies, and B) none of these actors' careers were at high points during the period Ripper was developed.

To be honest, i wouldn't mind if there were more games that still used FMV as cutscenes like Wing Commander 3-5, Command and Conquer. Or Headhunter on the Dreamcast. (Though there it was afair only the newscasters).

But yeah, it doesn't really work if it's a large part of the game.

• Locked thread